• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 835 Views, 20 Comments

Shattered Harmony: Starfall - NightmareTRXY32



Starlight wants revenge and will do anything to get it, even change the past and stop Twilight from meeting her friends and forming a conncection. Everything we do however small affects the future. Starlight doesnt see this , not at first, but soon.:

  • ...
7
 20
 835

an Equestrian Dominion

Cloudsdale ( The Past)
HA!, I knew she couldn't stop me, So pretentious of her to think that her ' friendship' with the others is sooo special, Starlight thought to herself as a battered and defeated Twilight lay at her hooves. She could only smile as she once more stopped the Rainboom from happening. She opened up the portal and returned back to the present, Even though the castle was still there, it now bore flags with Equal Signs hanging up. She proceeded to make sure that everything was in order before heading to Canterlot to make the parliment accept her Equalist party as an alternative to the rule of the Princesses.

What she didn't know was that Twilight wasn't actually hurt by Starlight at all, it took more then just the power of a unicorn to physically harm an alicorn. Twilight was nearly immortal after all, the older she got, the more mature her alicorn magic became. Twilight was going to make sure she suffered for everything she had just put her and Spike through. Starlight's days were numbered.

"Come on, Spike, we have to stop her," Twilight said as she levitated the small purple dragon on to her back, and opened the time portal for their next confrontation. She was surprised a bit when it opened and deposited them back in her Castle. But something was still off. Then she asked herself the most idiotic question that she was known to think about.

How could things get any worse for them. They survived a reality over run by the changelings, another Timeline run by nightmare Moon, and one where all of Equestria was in open war against Sombra and the Crystal Empire. She'd soon find out that was one question she really needed to stop asking herself all the time. Everytime she'd asked that question things would spiral out of control. Even her friends had learned that lesson multiple times since meeting Twilight Sparkle.

She got her bearings and began looking around. Off to the corner was a television, turned on to the news. She turned around in time to see Applejack walk in on her.

"Twilight ??," She asked in hesitation.

Why was AJ looking at me like that, she thought. She got her answer soon enough.

"Yea," Twi replied.

"SHE's IN HERE!!," AJ yelled to somepony behind her. Two ponies in unusual armor walked in and aimed two futuristic weapons at Twilight and Spike.

"AJ what are you doing?!," Twilight said confused," Your supposed to be my friend."

Then it hit her, maybe in this reality, they had been friends, but everything must of changed because of something causing a falling out between the lot of them. She'd soon find an unthinkable answer when the last pony she'd wanted to see was about to enter the castle. And it was somepony she desperately wanted to choke the life out of , right this very moment.

" Maybe years ago, Twi, but after you started to openly revolt against the new government, i had to make a choice if i wanted to keep mah farm and the lands around it ," AJ could tell she was hurt by this.

"What in Celestia's sake are you talking about Applejack," Twilight wasn't sure what the hell was going on.

That's when Starlight Glimmer walked in, dressed in some kind of regal military uniform.

"it's quite simple Twilight, I won years ago, and you LOST." Twilight couldn't believe it, she had entered an alternate reality where Glimmer hadnt been reformed and had won in stopping the Rainboom. Her heart nearly sank and Applejack could see this. She knew what she did had been wrong, but she was also thinking of what would of happened to her family if she had not made the decision she made.

"What the hell have you done to my friends Starlight?", Twilight asked as she glared daggers at this version of Starlight Glimmer.

"I'm doing what i think is right for Equestria Twilight", she answered in a tone that took Twilight by surprise. This Starlight actually believed she was doing this for the good of the nation. She couldn't realize that it was going to come crashing down around her.

Before Twilight was to be escorted to an internment camp, a broadcast came up on the Television. Twilight's heart went cold when she heard the broadcast.

Glimmer's name appeared on screen as the transmission to all of Equestria began.

Starlight Glimmer: Fellow Equestrians, I come to you in the wake of recent events to issue a call to reason. Let no pony deny the perils of our time. While we battle one another, divided by the petty strife of our common history, the tide of greater conflict is turning against us, threatening to destroy all that we have accomplished. It is time for us as nations and as individuals to set aside our long-standing feuds and unite. The tides of an unwinnable war are upon us, and we must seek refuge upon higher ground, lest we be swept away by the flood.
The Canterlot government is no more! Whatever symbols of unity and protection it once provided is a phantom, a memory. With our enemies left unchecked, who will you turn to for protection? The devastation wrought by the alien invaders is self-evident. We have seen our homes and communities destroyed by the calculated blows of the Royal Pony Sisters. We have seen first hand our friends and loved ones consumed by that nightmarish Changelings. Unprecedented and unimaginable though they may be, these are the signs of our time.

The time has come, my fellow Equestrians, to rally to a new banner. In unity lies strength; already many of the dissident factions have joined us. Out of the many we shall forge an indivisible whole capitulating only to a single throne, and from that throne I shall watch over you. From this day forward let no pony make war upon any other pony, let no Equestrian agency conspire against this new beginning, and let no pony consort with alien powers, and to all the enemies of Ponykind: seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through, no matter the cost!
What kind of world had she entered. As they were being lead away, Twilight looked at Aj with a pained expression and called her the worst thing she could think of.

"In this world, Your not worthy of being the Element of Honesty. You turned on your friends when they needed you most, and SOLD OUT your own country," Twilight looked away as she spoke those last words, and looked at the ground as she was escorted out of the castle. How were they gonna get back to their own timeline now. Unknownst to her, She would soon see just how dire the situation in this version of Equestria was. And that her friends , excluding AJ for now, were still around and part of a resistence against this Equestrian Dominion. Twilight would have to get used to using the guns in this world along with her magic.

As they loaded her into the transport vehicle, her captors came under fire once the vehicle was half way away from the town. Twilight held Spike close to her as the vehicle was struck by the blast of something powerful. As they held onto each other, the door opened to reveal Rainbow Dash with a sniper rifle slung over her shoulders. When they looked at one another Twilight wasn't sure of what was going to happen. Was RD part of the resistance or going it alone in this universe?

"Thank Celestia you're alright Twi," was the first thing out of her mouth. This Rainbow Dash looked as if she had been to hell and back, literally. It was comforting at least that they were still friends here.

"What happened here?," Twilight said as she looked back towards Ponyville.

"Everypony that didn't support Starlight's vision of Equality has either been captured or is in the resistance fighting against her,"Rainbow explained as they got off the road and found a safer way to travel. Dash knew they had to find another way or risk getting caught by Starlight's Equestrian Defense Patrols. Insurgent activity had doubled since her broadcast earlier today.

"This might sound crazy, but i'm from an alternate universe, one where none of this has happened," Twilight was expecting RD to start suspecting she might be a spy, but not this one. But this Dash had to say threw Twilight for a loop, a verbal one anyway. She was not ready for Rainbow's eventual response.

"I know, Starlight screwed up the timeline remember?, you told me when i was a filly in Cloudsdale during one of the Time loops, and for some reason i remember talking to you and buying it when you told me to perform a Rainboom," RD looked and saw the confusion in Twi's face. It was short lived. Her face returned to normal after awhile. Rainbow saw something that she hadn't seen this whole mess had started. She watched a soft smile creep across Twilight's muzzle as the lavender Alicorn pulled the cyan coated pegasus close and kissed her on the lips.

Dash took a guess as to what might of prompted it, not that she minded, they were marefriends after all. If Twilight fixes this mess Glimmer made, Dash thought to herself, There's still that chance to ask her for her hoof in marriage when it's all said and done in the end. The thought of the two of them married made her smile internally.

"I'm guessing that you ran into Aj while in your old Castle,"RD smirked a little.

"Yea, and i told her she doesn't deserve to be an Element of Harmony for turning on her friends," Twilight started, " and that she should be ashamed of herself." Twilight saw the hurt look on Dash's face when she said this to the Rainbow maned pegasus. She was in for a shock though.

"Twi, that wasn't smart," RD scolded her.

"What, why?," Twilight asked her.

"They nearly killed Applebloom and Big Mac, and no one's seen Granny Smith since then," RD had a real look of worry on her face.

Now Twilight felt horrible for what she said to Applejack, she thought back to it, and realized just how pained and hurt Aj looked when she said those words to her. Twi could see how much those words stung Applejack's spirits. As they walked along the path, Twilight got a good look at the surrounding areas. Much of Ponyville was deserted, save for a few ponies still willing to live there. Their cutie marks were equals signs. She let her mind wander a bit as she tried to process all of this. It was just heart breaking to her .

Great, she thought to herself, Now I feel just awful about saying that to Applejack.

None of them knew that if did find a way to topple Starlight's regime, a most dangerous and all too familiar foe would rise from the ashes. A new empire would rise from the ashes of the Equestrian Dominion, an empire devoted to the virtues of the night. For over a thousand years it waited in the darkness to see its eventual return to glory. The only Royal sister known to be alive in this timeline was Princess Luna. All would bow to her, and all would submit to the might of... The New .. Lunar Republic.

Starlight Glimmer's precious empire was going to come crashing down around her, and all it took was the lighting the match. Half way across the land, Twilight and RD had just gotten done with a meeting of the Rebel council. They had broken for a recess while they considered all the things she had told them. About how things had played out differently in her world than they did in this one. All hell was going to break loose soon, Both Twilight and Rainbow Dash had to be ready for it on a moment's notice. Rainbow Dash lifted part of her armor to reveal a tatoo she had gotten awhile ago, it read 'Death before Dishonor', It seemed like something Dashie would also do in her timeline. A timeline she wanted to get back to as soon as possible.

Author's Note:

I was listening to something the other night and had the idea that an unreformed Starlight Glimmer reminds me so much of Arcturus Mengsk from Starcraft XD. So i altered his speech at the end of the first game and made it sound like it was coming from Starlight. .i also had a dream the other night that she opened a portal and went and made a pact with him.