• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 1,739 Views, 57 Comments

Rarity's Secret Santa - Lighttone GryphonStar

  • ...
17
 57
 1,739

Chapter 1: What's In Box,

In was glorious beautiful Heartwarming Eve morning, everything looked perfect, snow laid perfectly on the ground. It was thin enough to walk through, yet still thick enough for snow fights. All seem to love the glorious morning. Everypony, except for Rarity.

Rarity woke up on this infamous morning, hopping that there was some way to skip this Heartwarming Eve and go straight to Heartwarming Day. After the last few Heartwarming Eves being complete disasters; It started with the craziness of those Wendigoes, years back; She was really beginning to not like this holiday.

Rarity got out her bed and then went to put on her makeup and brush her mane, even on a day like this where she would usually stay home, she at least had to keep her beauty up. Beside there was a party later today she had to attend.

After doing her makeup and brushing her mane, Rarity went to completing the other usual stuff she did in morning. Stuff like make breakfast, and waking up Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle had stayed the night. Rarity’s Parents said they would be back on Heartwarming Day. But Rarity did not worry, they had been late many times.

******

“Sweetie Belle, time to get up,” said Rarity, as she got to the guest room.

Sweetie Belle got as quickly as she could. For even though Rarity was annoyed with this day, Sweetie Belle wasn’t. She saw this a perfect day to pull off her plan.

“Hey, Rarity did you put the mistletoe up yet,” said Sweetie Belle, as she got morning stuff ready.

“No, don’t you remember we heading over to the Crystal Tree House, later today for the party, any reason why your are asking,” said Rarity out of curiosity.

“No reason,” said Sweetie Belle, with a sheepish voice,

Through the years, Sweetie Belle had grown into quite the mare, and was getting old enough to start dating stallions. But Rarity knew there was certain stallion that Sweetie Belle was after. Considering the tradition, Rarity had a good idea of why Sweetie Belle was after the mistletoe.

Rarity did not want to pry on the reason of why Sweetie Belle being quite a beautiful mare, would want this certain stallion, or even why she was only after one. When Rarity was Sweetie Belle’s age, she was after almost every stallion that caught her eye. But, Rarity had long given up searching for stallions to date.

The truth was, that after several fails and only one that came close to being her perfect stallion, Rarity recently decide to wait for the right stallion show up, and sweep her off her hooves, a sort of ‘Shining Knight’. A stallion was loyal, and strong. Who shared the same sense of fashion as her, and maybe somepony that could be just as generous as her, if that was even possible.

Rarity hoped this perfect stallion find her one day. But little did she know that today she would find that her ‘Shining Knight’.

******

Rarity and Sweetie Belle were having breakfast, when there was a knock on the door. Knock, knock, knock, knock, “Sweetie be a dear, and go let Spike in,” said Rarity,

“Sure thing, Rarity,” said Sweetie Belle, as she got off her chair and head to the door.

Rarity knew it had to be Spike, for two reasons. The first reason was, it being Heartwarming Eve, all shop were closed. And the second reason was, Spike had always knock four times.

Rarity knew of a certain brown earth pony that would run to his blue box, after hearing somepony knocking four times. But for Rarity, she knew when somepony or in the case somedragon were to knock four times, it was Spike. But as Sweetie Belle returned with no Spike following her, Rarity was understandably confused.

“Sweetie Belle, where is Spike?” said Rarity,

“I am not sure if it was Spike, but whoever it was left this for you,” said Sweetie Belle, as place a large beautifully wrapped mysterious present in the kitchen.

“Oooo,” said Rarity, as she move the present closer with her magic.

It was a beautiful alabaster white box, that seem to match her coat perfectly. And to top it off, it had beautiful purple bow with curls in it, that match her curls perfectly. There was a tag on the bow. It said, “To: Rarity, From: Your Secret Santa,”

Rarity was confused, just who left this beautiful gift, and what was this ‘Secret Santa,’ thing. Rarity had to get some answers, so after breakfast, she and Sweetie Belle put themselves in some warm clothes, left the present somewhere safe, and then lock up her home.

Sweetie Belle said something about going to meet up with rest CMC about something.

Meanwhile Rarity decide to head over to the Crystal Tree House a bit early. Hopefully Twilight had some info or even a book on this ‘Secret Santa,’ thing.

******

Author's Note:

So the first chapter is pretty short and the next one pulls a flip as it is near twice as long as this one. Oh if you are wondering what the CMC are doing well don't worry I will get to them eventually.