• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 1,384 Views, 46 Comments

Death and Dying - Regidar



Applejack, Octavia, and Nirvana finds out what happens after a pony dies.

  • ...
23
 46
 1,384

Chaos Ain't A Friend of Mine

Applejack looked around. The grass under her was odd and spiky. The sky was cracked and warped, and upon closer examination, the trees were slowly melting and changing shape.

Slowly getting to her hooves, Applejack tentatively tried to walk. Instantly, she felt a swooning feeling, and she got sick. She decided it would be better if she didn’t walk for now.

Taking another look around, Applejack noticed that there were small black dots in the sky progressing towards her. A very loud buzzing noise accompanied them.

Then, the huge black wasps bombarded her.

Barely making it to her right, she dodged the first one, which crashed against the ground and exploded into a thick, blue slime.

She wasn’t as lucky with the second one, however.

The long stinger of the second giant wasp embedded itself into Applejack’s flank, just below her cutie mark. Falling to the ground, searing pain flooded through her body, just like the one which had foreshadowed her death. She quickly removed the stinger by grasping it in her teeth and pulling it out. With a sickening shredding sound, it tore loose from her skin, and blood and green liquid poured from her open wound.

Gasping, black dots appeared at the edge of her vision. Slowly, the color was being drained from this strange new world.

“NO!” Applejack jumped to her feet, charging through the pain.

“AH DIED ONCE, AND THAT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN!”

Slowly, she dragged herself into the forest.

Upon reaching the strange melting forest, Applejack’s vision had returned to normal, and her wound had scabbed over awfully fast. However, she could feel the heat emanating from it, and the pussy abrasion was still very painful.

She found herself a nice patch under a melting sycamore, and slowly closed her eyes, ready to drop off into sleep.

“Oh, another one.”

Applejack’s eyes opened very quickly.

And then she screamed.

Sitting in front of her, was a small, humanoid shaped creature. Thanks to Lyra Heartstrings, Applejack was vaguely aware of what a human looked like, but only on the most basic of levels could you compare this thing in front of her to a human.

The small creature was only about three feet high,and covered in black spike each 4 inches long. It had a smile which literally stretched ear to black, spiky ear, filled with yellow, saliva covered teeth. It wore no clothes, and its long arms fell past its knees, and it’s legs were long and gangly.

“Wha- what are yah?” Applejack stared at the creature in astonishment.

“Oh, you must be knew here.” The creature smiled its grotesque smile at the little joke he had made.

“I am a Droode.”

“A wha?”

“A Droode! We inhabit Limbo!”

“Limbo? Is that where ah am?” Applejack looked at the melting trees again, feeling a little sick to her stomach.

“Indeed, you are in the wonderfully chaotic land of Limbo!” The Droode picked up a scoop of the tree and swallowed it whole.

“Wait, chaotic? What does that remind me of?” Applejack tried hard to remember what that word meant to her, but all of her memories of her past life were hazy.

“Well, it is common courtesy of us Droodes to take you to our leader befor we throw you ponies out into the broiling chaos beyond Limbo that we simple refer to as ‘the mad realm.’

Come, I’ll show you around!”

Applejack got to her feet cautiously, and when the world didn’t spin precariously out of control, she followed the odd creature back out onto the plains.

***

After a few hours of walking, Applejack asked the Droode a question.

“Why did it happen? Mah death, I mean. It was so... sudden.”

The Droode didn’t spare her a single glance, but instead kept walking.

“I don’t know, and honestly-” Another little chuckle at the joke “I really don’t care. But, I’m sure my leader will have some answers.”

“And another thing. Where exactly are we-”

“We’re here.”

Applejack looked around her. Nothing but plains of weird spiky grass as far as she could see.

“Where? Ah don’t see-”

As she was speaking, the ground opened up to reveal a gigantic city around 300 feet down.

“Oh mah.”

“Quite magnificent, isn’t it? Down you go then.”

“What?”

The Droode shoved Applejack with strength she was not expecting from the small creature, and she tumbled down the chasm, landing unharmed with a soft thud at the bottom.

The Droode landed gracefully next to her.

“Follow me.”

Applejack followed the creepy creature through a chaotic sprawl of streets and buildings, past other Droodes and different, strange, bizarre creatures. Finally, they reached a strange, warped version of what appeared to be Celestia’s palace.

“This way.”

Traveling through what was very reminiscent of Celestia’s palace, except with odd halls that seemingly lead nowhere, and weird doors that lead them back to where they had came from, Applejack was trying very hard to remember what this reminded her of. The chaos, the disorder the-

“We’re here.”

Opening a small door, Applejack and the Droode entered a large open chamber that looked exactly like Celestia’s throne room. A silhouetted creature that was made of a mismatch of animal parts had its back to them.

Then Applejack remember who could love such a chaotic land.

“Why, hello, Applejack, good to see you again!”

Applejack screamed.

Discord grinned like the maniac he was.