• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 1,383 Views, 46 Comments

Death and Dying - Regidar



Applejack, Octavia, and Nirvana finds out what happens after a pony dies.

  • ...
23
 46
 1,383

Been a Son

Applejack had lost count of how long she had been held in here, not that there was rational time in Limbo, anyway.

She had been thrown into the dungeons shortly after her meeting with Discord, and now, she had no idea when she would escape. She assumed that she would be stuck here for the rest of her life, when a life-changing event happened to her.

Octavia was thrown in her cell.

Applejack gasped "You're that music mare! Ah've seen some of yer shows! But how'd you end up here?"

Octavia's mouth opened in awe. "You're one of the elements! I heard you had died, and then... I was killed in an explosion."

Applejack and Octavia were quiet for a long time. They had nothing more to say to each other, just lamenting the fact that they were trapped in this dark dungeon with little else to do. Some time passed, but neither were sure how much. They just knew that it was a very, very long time.

Then, the unexpected happened. A droode opened the cell door.

"Master Discord wishes to see you up in his throne room."

The two earth ponies were escorted to the throne room of the mad king. Discord was juggling a ball of water, a chainsaw, and three shoes.

"Ah, good, the ponies have arrived! Come, I have a little something to show you!"

Applejack refused to move any closer to Discord. "Ah'll have nothin' to do with yah, Discord!"

Discord smirked. "Come on now, don't be difficult..."

Applejack responded to this by spitting on the Lord of Chaos. The droodes became agitated, and moved in on Applejack, but Discord halted them.

"Please, why do you insist on being so difficult? I wish to show you information that could help you greatly..."

Applejack continued to refuse Discord's advancements. Discord sighed. "Oh well, I guess we'll just have to-"

"Hello, Discord. Lovely day, isn't it?"

Discord and the two ponies looked over at the voice. A blonde haired human with a black t-shirt with the word "nirvana" written on it, and several gashes on his forehead and arms staggered up the grand throne room hall.

"Ah, hello, Elijah, my favorite child. How are you today?"

"Don't try that crap on me! Screwball's always been your favorite!"

Discord sighed and rolled his eyes. "I suppose you're right. At least she doesn't bitch at me."

The human glared at his apparent father. "You didn't leave Screwball with a psychotic bitch who tried to kill her!"

"Well, your mother does have a temper, and to be fair, you are my son. She hates me with a passion."

"I never understood why you two even got together." The human pulled out a cigarette and light it.

"Smoking's bad for you," Discord pointed out.

"Fuck off."

Discord sighed yet again, and got off his throne, addressing his captives. "Now see, this here is a prime example of why you shouldn't have children. I've had Elijah for over 1000 years, and he's just been a pain in my ass!"

Elijah grabbed his father and shoved him back into his throne. "You let these ponies go immediately, or else I'll-"

Discord smirked. "Or else what? You know I'm more powerful then you. So what you've been in literal Hell for a couple centuries? I've been here, and I've gotten much more powerful. It's a wonder how those six mares took me down. When I get unleashed once more, I'll be more powerful than you'll ever imagine."

Elijah blew out the smoke from the cigarette, but it was not smoke, but rather water, spiraling, free of gravity, slowly traversing the direction in which the human had expelled the liqued away from him. "It's funny, how you think that."

And everything changed.

Well, not everything. But on major thing.

Eris sighed her ever persistent sigh. "Well. That was uncalled for."

Samantha shrugged. "Well, I learned it while I was down in hell, mom, what did you expect. Dad did banish me there, and I wasn't going to just sit down there and let hellrats eat my face off slowly."

Applejack and Octavia felt... off. They were heavier, especially towards the back, and their faces... felt wider, somehow.

Eris chuckled, and poured herself some chocolate milk, the milk filling up from the top as per norm with her. "Care for a drink, sweetheart?" Samantha flipped her mother the finger that resided in the middle of all the others on her hand. Eris smirked and drank the glass. "Suit yourself." The chocolate milk was thrown by the older female, and it hit the younger one right in the face. The resulting explosion, Applejack and Octavia were sure of it, had killed the girl.

And everything was back to normal. Except, the human wasn't there, instead, a carbon copy of Discord with a smaller beard was laying on the ground, brushing the debris from his face. Discord shook his head sadly.

"Well, I was certain that would have done it. Oh well. I guess your mother was right. You don't go down easy."

Elijah shifted back into his human form. "I am going to take these two, and you can't stop me, neither you nor Eris, dad, so don't even try to-"

Discord coughed up a large bouquet of flowers, which he lit on fire with his spit, and threw it on the ground as it turned into cotton candy. "Sorry. You were saying?"

Elijah looked disgusted at his father's lack of interest in his attempts to intimidate him. "I'm taking the mares and leaving, and you can't stop me."

Discord shrugged. "Whatever. They'll be much safer here. Far away from all that trouble you always manage to cause..."

Elijah grabbed the chains that bound Octavia and Applejack, and they melted, first into vines, then into snakes, and finally, into orange juice, which fell to the floor and froze solid. It was a very unpleasant experience. Applejack and Octavia were at first unsure of what to do, then followed Elijah as he walked out.

"Big Mac! Nirvana! I got them!" Elijah shouted, and Applejack felt her heart skip a beat. Did he just say-

A big red stallion trotted into view, accompanied by the smaller, black one that had also the misfortune to be thrown into this crazy madmare's tale. Applejack's face broke into a huge grin, and she rushed up to huge her brother, and kissed him on his nose. "Ah'd thought Ah'd nev'r see yah again!"

Octavia smiled slightly at this display of sibling love, when she heard a voice behind her. "Oh, and music mare..." She turned around, to see Eris smiling at her. "I have something special planned for you, don't you worry."