• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 1,384 Views, 46 Comments

Death and Dying - Regidar



Applejack, Octavia, and Nirvana finds out what happens after a pony dies.

  • ...
23
 46
 1,384

Golden Heart

Golden Heart opened his eyes. “Ponies are dieing by something dark and evil and my dear friend Celestia put them in the afterlife so they can come back,” he said to himself, the events of the dream he had just witnessed pouring from his mouth. As usual, he was standing in a different place then he had been when he lay down to sleep. This time, he was just outside Canterlot. Golden Heart thought for a bit why would someone want to kill ponies. “I must find out. I don’t care what it takes.”

Regidar, one of Golden Heart’s students, trotted up to him.

“Sir, Princess Celestia would like to see you.”

“I know, I am off to see my old friend.”

“Very good, sir, she is expecting you.”

Golden Heart spread his wings, and the alicorn flew off to the castle where Celestia resided. As he flew, he thought to himself.

“I hope Celestia knows why this is happening. I hope those who have died make it.”

Golden Heart flew through a large open window in Canterlot Palace, and trotted his way to Celestia’s throne room.

“Ah, Golden Heart, good to see you have answered promptly to my summons,” Celestia said as Golden Heart entered the throne room.

“Yes, my old friend, I came because ponies are dying and you are sending them to the afterlife. One of them was the holder of the Element of Honesty. So tell me, is there a way to bring them back?”

Celestia looked grimly at Golden Heart. “I'm afraid they must traverse their own way through the afterlife. However, I am going to send you and Luna to find out who has been killing my little ponies.”

Golden Heart nodded. “Ok, once we know who is behind this, he will be sorry for what he has done.”

“Luna is down in the armory. Good luck, Golden Heart.”

“I will be on my way to the armory.” Golden Heart rushed down to the armory. “I hope we can stop the one who is killing the ponies of Ponyville.”

Upon reaching the armory, the first thing Golden Heart saw was Luna dressed in Royal Canterlot armor. "Ah, Golden Heart. Good to see you again. We're going to the Aether to find the source of the corruption."

Golden Heart scanned over Luna’s armor. “Good to see you again, Luna. As you can see, I am already in my armor. We must stop this corruption before it's too late.”

"Excellent, let us make haste. Only the unicorn Twilight Sparkle can send us to the Aether."

“I see. Well, let’s go and stop this corruption.”

The two flew off to the treehouse library where Twilight Sparkle lived. As they descended to the house Luna cautioned Golden Heart.

"She's still in a fragile mental state, you know, with her friends passing and all, so be gentle."

“I know, poor girl.” Golden Heart opened the door. “Twilight, me and Luna wish to talk to you,” Golden Heart put his left wing over Twilight lovingly.

Twilight looked off into the distance, and answered vaguely “What do you want?”

“We need to go to the Aether to find out who killed your friend. You are the only pony who can cast the teleportation spell.” Golden Heart used both of his wings to hug the purple unicorn.

Twilight was still very distant.

“Yes, I can send you to the Aether.”

Luna perked up. “Excellent! Then we’ll be on our way in no time!”

Golden Heart nodded. “Indeed, Luna, we must make haste to stop this evil.”

Twilight sighed and said “Alright, let me get the regents.”

Twilight slowly trotted off to a different part of the library.

“She’s devastated,” Luna said, shaking her head, her long flowing mane drifting side to side
.
“I feel really sad for her, let's hope we can stop the evil behind all of this,” Golden Heart said sadly.

Twilight returned, levitating two small bags.

"Here, I have everything needed for the spell."

Twilight gave Golden Heart and Luna the two small pouches, filled with yellow glowing dust.

“Take these.”

The two Alicorns accepted the bags.

"It's aether dust. Made from aether stone. It acts as a grounder that will keep you from getting sent to hell when I teleport you,” Twilight explained.

Twilight’s horn began to glow, and the two ponies before her began to disappear.

"Oh, and Golden Heart? When you and Luna find whomever killed Octavia and Applejack, fucking KILL HIM."

“Of course, after all, anypony who makes Celestia’s number one student this devastated will have the worst death that hell will not be able to pick up the pieces when I’m done, you have my word.”