• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 3,936 Views, 41 Comments

Kingdom of Harmony - Stegi



Sunset Shimmer made her decision to return to Equestria.

  • ...
6
 41
 3,936

Sunset's Advice for Sunset

“You girls can not be serious! Now I have two tickets and no one wants to go and see the movie with me?” Sunset Shimmer was upset.

“Oh Darling, it’s just that not everybody is into Science Fiction. I’m sure if you ask Twi she would go with you.” Rarity tried to calm her down.

“Speaking of Twi, I’m gonna give her a call, she seemed all worked up yesterday on the phone.” Apple Jack pulled her phone out.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

“Hm… She sure likes to take her time answering the phone!” A.J. said.

“She is probably still asleep.” Rainbow Dash commented.

“O-Or maybe she d-d-dis-disappeared.” Fluttershy whispered.

“I say she is taking a shower.” Sunset added.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

“Hello.” Spike answered Twilight’s phone.

“Spike?” Apple Jack was surprised, the dog usually never answered the phone.

“Oh, hi Apple Jack. I tried to call you all earlier but I forgot how to use the phone the right way.” The dog remembered how he accidentally snapped a picture of himself with the phone instead.

“I was just gonna check up on ya’ll. Twi seemed a bit stressed yesterday.” A.J. said.

“A bit stressed. Huh… That’s an understatement.” Spike fussed.

“What did ya say?” Apple Jack didn’t understand all of that.

“Uhm… Nevermind. Well Twilight is gone.” The dog said.

“Gone? Like where, going shopping or something?” A.J. wanted to know.

“Not exactly. She packed a bag and went through the Portal.” Spike said it as if it was a normal thing to do.

“She did whaaaaaaaaaat?” All the girls suddenly stared at Apple Jack.

“She went to Equestria. Oh yeah and left me behind of course. Why should I have any fun…” The dog said with touch of irony.

“E-E-Equestria…” A.J. couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Yeah, that’s the place. If one of you guys could come and pick me up… I really don’t want to hang all day here in the house all on my own… Argh… I can’t believe she left me here.” Spike was fussing again.

“Alright, Spike hang in there. We will figure it out. Somebody is gonna pick ya up later.” Apple Jack promised.

“Thanks Apple Jack.” The dog hung up.

“Twilight did what?” “Equestria?” “The Portal?” “Yesterday” The girls brought a storm of questions towards Apple Jack.

“Yeah, apparently Twi thought it was a great idea to go through the Portal by herself! Oh and somebody needs to pick up Spike.” A.J. sounded very concerned.

“Goooooood Morning Girls. You guys sure are up early. What’s up?” Pinkie Pie asked with her high pitched voice while her smile brightened up the room.

“What’s up is that Twilight went through the Portal alone. Despite the warning from a certain Pony.” A.J. was upset.

“So what? Its winter break, let her have some fun.” Pinkie Pie replied.

“I-I think, going through the Portal is kind of dangerous.” Fluttershy whispered.

“Hey Flutts, since you are doing all better today and stuff. You want to go with me and pick up Spike?” Rainbow Dash asked with her scratchy voice.

“I-I d-don’t know.” The kind girl replied quietly.

“Then it’s settled. Pinkie Pie! We need to borrow your helmet. I left my spare one at home.” Dash knew that Fluttershy didn’t want to go but it was her way of keeping the shy girl occupied and distracted.

“Does anybody want to talk about the fact that Twilight went to Equestria?” A.J. still wasn’t over it.

“Apple Jack, darling, what do you expect us to do? Run after her and drag her back here?” Rarity asked.

“That ain’t so bad for starters!” Apple Jack got louder.

“Nah, come on now. She is a big girl; she knows what she is doing. Besides, pony me told us not to go through the Portal.” Sunset Shimmer made her point.

“I wanna go, I wanna be a pony. I wonder how partying is like when you are pony.” Pinkie Pie said while giving Rainbow Dash her helmet.

“I’m not sure if Equestria is ready for two of you, Pinkie Pie.” Rarity sounded sarcastic.

“So what are we gonna do about it?” Apple Jack wondered.

“I tell you what I’m going to do about it. Since I got all of pony me’s stuff, bike, apartment, smart phone and good looks. I’m going to call Flash later and see if he wants to watch the movie with me tonight. In the meantime, I have an appointment with a shower in my new apartment.” Sunset Shimmer was heading for the door.

“Wait up Sunset we are leaving too, come on Fluttershy lets roll.” Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy walked up to the door. All three girls said goodbye and thanked Pinkie Pie for the slumber party, then they took off.

“As much as I would love to stay, unfortunately I have to go too. Sweetie Belle is coming over soon. My sister is going to spend winter break with me. Again. My parents use every school break as an opportunity to go on vacation. Hmpf… Oh well, nothing I can do about. Thank you Pinkie Pie, for letting us stay overnight. I will see you girls later.” Rarity left.

“It’s just you and me Pinkie.” Apple Jack said.

“Yeah, it seems everybody is super busy even though it’s the holidays.” Pinkie’s high pitched voice squeaked.



Sunset Shimmer opened the door to her newly inherited apartment. Her counterpart bought it a few years back. It was the first time for human Sunset to enter this place. It wasn’t really all that she expected it to be, it was clean and everything seemed organized. Unlike her old place where some chaos had taken over.

The apartment lacked personal charm and some creature comforts. There were no pictures or posters on the wall, not even a couch or a bed. It looked as if pony Sunset were sleeping on a simple mattress laying on the floor. A small kitchen with one table and two chairs gave the place at least a little charisma. The girl noted there was no microwave but at least she spotted the coffee maker right away.

“Please, let there be coffee.” Sunset said to herself.

Sure enough she found coffee in the cabinet, right next to about 30 boxes of Oatmeal. "Who in the world could possible need that much Oatmeal?" Then she remembered that her counterpart wasn’t exactly human. After a few minutes the coffee was ready, and Sunset made herself a cup. She went over to the table and sat down. While having her first sip, she realized there was a letter right in front of her. It had a note “For Sunset Shimmer from Sunset Shimmer”. The girl opened the letter and started reading.

Dear Sunset,

If you read this, that means that I have already made my decision to go back to Equestria. I have been thinking about it for quite a while now and came to the conclusion that is where I belong. Don’t get me wrong, I love this world and most people in it too, but my real home is not here. I started to write this letter shortly after I discovered you.

Its sole purpose is to make your integration easier for you. The apartment and everything you see here is yours. It’s been paid for and there is nothing to for you to worry about. The only bills you have to cover are the utilities. To get to the point, I made you a list about the people I care for the most, so you can have a great relationship with them as well. You can finish High School and get your diploma at Canterlot High, the girls will help you.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow saved my life in the Friendship Games. If you are ever in trouble, no matter what, it’s always good to have her on speed-dial. Her loyalty to her friends is beyond anything I could ever ask for. She loves sports and is very competitive. I used to practice with her a lot which made us even better friends and helped me get a better grade in P.E. She also likes to prank people every once in a while, so watch out.

Apple Jack

A.J. is an all-around great girl. She works harder than anybody I have ever seen, but is there for you if you need her. I help her out on the farm, especially during the summer time. To have a few weeks every year, to live the simple country life, is just awesome and refreshing. A.J. is super honest and as far as I can tell she has never told a lie. It can be irritating sometimes, because she doesn’t always tell you what you want to hear, but if it’s the truth you should be able to go with it.

Fluttershy

Fluttershy loves animals above all. She is one of the kindest persons in this world. Her compassion for others always touched me deeply. Fluttershy is also very shy and an easy target for Bullies. You won’t find many Bullies at CHS but there are plenty around elsewhere. I need you to keep an eye out and stand up for her whenever and wherever it is needed. Also help out at the animal shelter when you get a chance, it will make her very happy.

Rarity

Rarity’s sense for fashion should make every fashion designer blush. Her taste for clothes and making them is unreal. If she gives you fashion advice, you better listen to her. She is also a very generous spirit, one of those girls who will give her last shirt for you. Watch out for people who try to take advantage of Rarity’s generosity.

Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie is the only one who was always able to cheer me up, no matter how down I was. She is more than just a party girl. She can sense when somebody is in a bad mood and will transform that into laughter. She usually finds a way to make people around her happy. Watch out for crazy things happening when she is around. But don’t think too much about it, just put it aside as typical Pinkie Pie behavior and I promise you won’t go insane. However, if you do try to figure it out, you are on your own.

Twilight Sparkle

Twi is my best friend. It’s hard to explain. I have known all the other girls longer than Twi, but there is a connection I can’t quite grasp. She is not exactly like her pony counterpart but not far off either. I guess it’s like you and me, we are kind of the same but yet we aren’t. She is intelligent and combines all the attributes the other girls have, in her own special way. She's also a lot smarter than I am and we both know that isn’t easy to admit. So you can do me a big favor and just watch out for her, ok?

Flash Sentry

Now we come to the part I screwed up for you. Flash Sentry, I assume you will meet him at some point, is really a great guy. When I came to this world he was the first to help me get on my feet and it wasn’t much later that we became a couple. Things didn’t turn out well but that was my fault and my fault alone. If you should be interested in Flash, which may or may not happen, promise me one thing. Don’t hurt the guy, be true and honest to him because he deserves that much. We never really talked after he broke up with me, I think that is the one thing I regret, not apologizing to him.

Of course I could have given you some more detailed information on everybody. But I think it is up to you to find those things out. I know you world just got turned upside down when you saw me the first time or when we told you about Equestria and magic. But since you stayed around, it tells me that you want to be part of this and I’m glad. I’m glad for you and I’m glad for the others who will get to know you. I will come and visit from time to time and I hope you will let me stay at your place.

Stay true to yourself,

Sincerely your friend,

Sunset Shimmer


Sunset Shimmer had no idea that her pony counterpart was so concerned for her. Actually, in the last two weeks it seemed that the Equestrian distanced herself from her. The girl smiled as she thought about it. A few minutes later she went to take a shower. During the relaxing hot shower, she remembered the time when she met her pony counterpart for the first time.

*********

“Wow, you look exactly like me! I didn’t know I had a twin sister.” Human Sunset Shimmer said.

“I’m not exactly your sister.” Pony Sunset replied.

“What do you mean you are not exactly my sister? You look exactly like me, same hair color, eye color, skin color, so how are you not my twin sister?” Human Sunset was upset in an excited kind of way.

“Look, what I’m about to tell you might sound a bit crazy. No… It definitely will sound crazy. I’m you.” Pony Girl tried to explain.

“Sure you are! Look, just because I’m a high school dropout doesn’t mean that I’m stupid. I had to make a living for myself. Anyways, since time travel is science fiction, I’m not buying it.” Human Girl sounded sarcastic.

“No, let me explain. I’m you. I’m the you from another world.” Pony Sunset kept trying to explain.

“Oh, another world, that explains it. Probably a world with flying horses and magical Unicorns, a place where a beautiful Princess reigns over all the people, a place where peace and harmony are at home. A world where the grass couldn’t be any greener. No, it’s cool. I get it. You are the kind of twin which isn’t quite right in the head. Just my luck.” Human Sunset said with irony.

“Hey, how do you know… Wait a sec, you think I’m crazy or that I’m lying to you?” The pony Girl now got upset.

“No, not at all.” The Human Girl rolled her eyes.

“Alright, let me prove it to you.” Pony Sunset said.

“How?” Human Sunset was curious.

“The girls and I have band practice today. I want you to come along. I’ll prove to you that I’m not the lunatic you think I am.” The pony Girl sounded very serious.

Later that afternoon, both Sunset Shimmers arrived at Sweet Apple Acres where the band practice was held. The other girls were already there practicing. Pony Sunset had the idea to let Human Sunset enter first, to see if the other girls would notice a difference right away.

“Sunset!” The girls shouted when human Sunset Shimmer entered the room.

“Hey.” The human girl was unsure of how to react.

“Better late than never.” Apple Jack said.

“Oh dear, Darling what happened to your clothes.” Rarity was shocked how the girl was dressed.

“What do you mean my clothes?” Human Sunset Shimmer felt slightly intimidated.

"They look so, ordinary." Rarity's facial expression was disgust.

“Jeez, Rarity. Let’s practice! We don’t have all day. You can talk fashion later… Sunset pick up your guitar, we do Shine like Rainbows. A one, a two, a one two three four...” Rainbow Dash had the Rainbooms start playing but Pinkie Pie kept staring at Sunset Shimmer.

Once upon a time, You came into my world and made the stars align.” Apple Jack started.

Now I can see the signs, You pick me up when I get down so I can shine.” Rarity continued.

Shine like rainbows, Shine like rainbows.” The Rainbooms kept going.

Friends, you are in my life, and you can count on me to be there by your side.” Rainbow Dash sang.

“Stop all. Hey Sunset, what are you waiting for this is your part.” Dash seemed startled.

“Uhm.. ah..” The human Sunset Shimmer was tongue tied.

“She is not our Sunset Shimmer.” Pinkie Pie pointed at her with a finger and her high pitched voice seemed to be even shriller than usual.

“Alright, girls you figured it out. Well at least Pinkie Pie did.” Pony Sunset Shimmer entered the room.

“Yep, I knew it.” Pinkie Pie smiled.

“But how did ya know?” A.J. asked.

“Just a hunch.” The pink party Girl answered.

“Sorry for that girls, I tried to explain to her that I was her from another world but she insisted we were twin sisters.” The pony Girl explained.

“Yeah, here is the thing. She really is from another world.” Rainbow Dash said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“I-It’s the truth.” Fluttershy whispered.

“Oh sure I believe the strange cool looking girl with rainbow colored hair. I didn’t believe my twin, but if you said it, it must be true.” Human Sunset Shimmer spoke ironically.

“Guys, forget it. She is not going to be convinced with words. We have to show her.” Pony Sunset said.

Pony Sunset Shimmer grabbed her guitar from the human girl and the band started all over again. About half way through the song “Shine like Rainbows” the band transformed in front of human Sunset Shimmer's very eyes. The Rainbooms grew pony ears and their hair got longer. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were the only two girls who actually sprouted wings. They had ponied up.

Human Sunset Shimmer was shocked and fascinated at the same time. After the Rainbooms finished practicing, the girls told human Sunset Shimmer all about Equestria, the Magic of Friendship and pony Sunset Shimmer…

*********

After her shower and a fresh change of clothes, Sunset Shimmer decided to call Flash and ask him to go with her to the movies…