• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 1,881 Views, 22 Comments

The Dream Quest of Unknown Equestria - Lobstercraft



A normal boy has visions of ponies and undertakes an epic journey to reach them.

  • ...
3
 22
 1,881

Lunatic

Fifth Chapter: Lunatic

Phillip took one of the professor’s sleeping pills and entered the dreamlands, but descended the steps with contradicting feelings. How could he find it? How would he start? It was certainly impossible. However, he was resolved to find it anyways. Fuck impossibility! He just didn’t know how.

He waved hello to the priests as he approached.

“It’s been quite a while,” said the priest called Nasht, “Did you find your dream?”

“No,” replied Phillip. He thought of how he’d only been gone for a day. That's not really a while, is it? “I’m still searching.”

“But do you know what you are searching for?” asked the priest named Kaman-Thah.

“Unknown Equestria.” the boy blurted out. The priests looked modestly stunned. Clearly they were shocked, but their faces revealed they’d heard and experienced equally strange things; perhaps stranger even.

“For what purpose do you seek Equestria?” asked Kaman-Thah.

“To learn what my visions mean,” he replied, “and to find a gentler world.”

“Well,” smiled Nasht warmly, “good luck with that.”

Phillip once more headed to Ulthar, where no man may kill a cat, but found none of the felines that had saved him. Though no cat knew of what he spoke, they agreed to take him to the moon in exchange for a lot of fish.

So Phillip acquired a fishing net and other equipment by doing odd jobs for local residents. After two days he had captured enough fish to ride the cat wave.

“Why do you wanna go to such a dreaded place, anyways?” asked a rough and tumble kitty mercenary.

“My only lead is there, and I’m hoping there’s more,” Phillip explained.

The wave of cats jumped him to the moon, and from there he Solid Snaked it into the castle. It was pretty epic and crazy dangerous, but we’re skipping that and moving on with the story.

As he explored the castle, he found nothing helpful in regard to his quest. Eventually, though, he stumbled upon the moon queen’s chambers, and the pony herself.

“Sorry!” Phillip shouted as he covered his eyes. The pony was being dried off by her bat-pony servants. Clearly she had just bathed.

“YOU!” she declared. But there was something different about her.

“It was an accident!” Phillip shouted as he slowly realized she had been naked the entire time they spoke in the library.

“Phillip?” she asked as the bat-ponies surrounded him. He opened his eyes and saw that she had indeed changed in appearance, and surprisingly… she wasn’t angry.

“Hello,” Phillip greeted, “I guess you’re wondering why I came back after you tried to kill me.”

“No,” she replied, “We weren’t thinking of that, not at all.”

Phillip was confused by her expression. It was some kind of sadness. “Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yes,” she replied. “We are fine now.”

“So you aren’t gonna kill me?” he asked. He was kind of an idiot.

“No,” she spoke with a smile, “That was a thousand years ago. We’ve changed.”

“A thousand years?” asked Phillip. Suddenly Nasht’s comment and the absence of familiar felines made sense. “One day in my world is a thousand years here?!”

“Ah,” the pony sighed, “you are an inexperienced dreamer. We can teach you how to avoid time skips.”

Phillip let down his guard as the bat-ponies backed off and continued dressing the lunar goddess. “What happened to you?” he asked.

The mare, now called Princess Luna, told the tale of how the Elements of Harmony had purified her of the darkness that bound her. And over tea she spoke of something else interesting.

“Often times we’d look down upon the earth,” she blushed before taking a sip of tea. The room was beautiful in a dark sort of way. Most of the castle was. Phillip didn’t like tea, but he drank politely anyways and enjoyed the architecture. “We’d see you standing there, with your arm outstretched. You looked so strange… with such a bittersweet smile. You were always there looking up at us. At first it was very irritating.”

“Ha!” Phillip chuckled.

Luna smiled and continued, “But somehow… you became comforting. You were something that was… always there… frozen in time. We must admit…” the pony blushed further, “there were times we’d speak to you. For several hundred years, we’d say you were the closest thing we had to a friend.”

“I am indeed a friend to pony-kind.” He raised his teacup in something of a toast. “But I must admit, in my world I was only standing there for about half an hour.”

“That’s quite alright,” she reassured him, “Your little gesture went a long way. We must ask, however, what it was you were saying. We have always wondered.”

“I was just expressing that…” Phillip answered as he thumbed his teacup, “…you weren’t alone. And that I’d find Equestria and prove to you that I’m a good-guy. I think I also may have said some sappier stuff.” He blushed a little.

“We may be biased but… we believe you.”

And that’s how staring at the moon for a half-hour like a fucking lunatic gained Princess Luna’s trust.