• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 1,880 Views, 22 Comments

The Dream Quest of Unknown Equestria - Lobstercraft



A normal boy has visions of ponies and undertakes an epic journey to reach them.

  • ...
3
 22
 1,880

Prologue

MLH
Dual: Parallel Pony Adventure

As is often the case in dreams, the traveler forgot what he was doing. For what purpose did he come to Hatheg across the river Skai? Did he intend to climb, madly, to the forbidden peak? As once did Barzai the Wise so many centuries ago? He was inclined to madly do things….

So he embarked to explore the stupidest possibility. Halfway up the treacherous peak he remembered he was heading to Ulthar, to see the many cats. He simply took a wrong turn. Believing it was now too late, he was determined to do the impossible.

“I will risk my very soul to say I did!” he shouted to the heavens. Scared, now that he said it out loud, he changed his mind.

Slowly he began climbing back down. “I take it back! Do you hear me!!!!???? I AM A LIAR AND A COWARD!!!” he shouted to the cloud covered peaks. Embarrassed and ashamed, now that he said it out loud, he began his ascent once more.

Realizing the danger but not wanting to make an ass out of himself, he climbed and climbed. He prayed to Nodens, Lord of the Great Abyss, that his manliness might be recognized and assistance be given should anything actually be up there.

Before he could reach the summit the night came; and with it, Nightguants. As their membranous wings make no sound, the traveler only knew them by their rubbery black hands that grabbed at him as they flew off into the night. The sudden sensation of flying, in darkness, is the same as falling. It wasn’t until they reached clearer skies that he saw their black, faceless forms against the stars and realized falling is fine, too.

“IS THIS A GOOD THING?” he shouted to his captors. Sensing his fear, they tickled him viciously with their barbed tails.

At length they dropped him into a giant crevasse. In the dark gulfs below he was caught by more fucking Nightgaunts, who continued his journey towards wherever. It was in that darkness that he remembered for what purpose he’d come so far.