• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 1,880 Views, 22 Comments

The Dream Quest of Unknown Equestria - Lobstercraft



A normal boy has visions of ponies and undertakes an epic journey to reach them.

  • ...
3
 22
 1,880

The Demonic Lonely

Fourth Chapter: The Demonic Lonely

Alas, any of you cats did not know where Equestria was. Phillip was told that only the moon goddess was known to know, and that she herself had been banished. The young lad inquired further.

The old feline told the tale, “It has been said that the moon goddess was possessed by the darkness within herself, born of jealousy and loneliness; but the prophecy as written states that in a thousand years the stars will aid in her escape. It is then that she plans to conquer Equestria, and rule in everlasting night.”

“She didn’t seem that villainous to me,” replied the boy.

“Not by human standards,” spoke the cat, “but by pony customs she is quite wicked.”

“Damn,” mumbled Phillip, “I guess we can be pretty horrible.”

“Don’t worry,” said the cat, “those ponies are just dirty hippies. Killing and raping is the normal way to go.”

“You know housecats were named ‘Most Extreme Killers’ by Animal Planet,” Phillip noted.

“Thank you, but humans deserve the title far more.”

“You guys, us, and dolphins make the triumvirate of evil mammals!” laughed Phillip.

“Evil?” The cat raised an eyebrow.

“Er, I mean…” Phillip scratched his head, “Well, I love cats. I have a cat for a pet." The boy suddenly hoped he hadn’t offended his rescuers. “…companion, friend, person, thing… houseguest. I-ma keep looking for Equestria, thanks a lot you guys!”

And so Phillip traveled, adventuring day and night in search of that hallowed place; but alas to no avail.

He awoke the next morning and ran all the way to school. A story had to be told! Before classes started he went to the cafeteria and opened his laptop. Now invigorated, he excitedly pecked away at the keys; this would be his most fantastic blog entry to date! But then as he wrote, a strange feeling washed over him… something like guilt.

Unknown Equestria…” he mumbled to himself. After a pause he highlighted all he had written… and pressed delete.

Phillip had a moderate amount of fun throughout the day. He talked to his friends and goofed off in front of strangers, all the normal stuff he always did; but throughout it all, in the moments between, the memories of a dream still haunted him.

Eventually the night came, and with it, the moon. Phillip stood in the street staring longingly. How connected were the lands of dreaming and of wakefulness? Could she see him now, exiled to that horrible rock… that villainous mare; so innocent in his eyes? That far more gentle world… Unknown Equestria… he had to find it.

“Do the impossible, see the invisible …” Phillip whispered to himself. He held his hands to the moon and declared, “Oh wicked mare of darkness! Hear me now! We didn’t start off on the best of terms, but I’m still rooting for you! Though you are trapped up there, I’m still with you! And I’ll see you again! And someday I WILL find it! And when I do I’ll prove to you that I’m a good guy! Relatively speaking! “

A neighbor shouted at him for screaming at the moon like a crazy person; a lunatic. Phillip ignored him and just stared at the moon. He had always been able to see it, the silhouette of a pony’s head on the lunar surface. Now he knew why nobody else could. This, too, was from that half-entered dream world. Could she see him, too? He just stared. How very sad and ironic it was to be banished for your loneliness. “I am with you,” he whispered.