• Published 17th Nov 2015
  • 8,408 Views, 120 Comments

The Man & The Siren - Oldtakufanboy



Jack was walking back home from work till he came across a girl crying in an alley way who would change his life forever.

  • ...
12
 120
 8,408

Guy Talk/Gettng a Dress

Author's Note:

Sorry if this is a short read :ajsleepy:

I'll make sure the next chapter is longer. Enjoy :twilightsmile:

5:32 AM

I get up early in the morning on school days; I wake up, eat breakfast, take a shower, watch a little of TV and walk over to school (which is a mile and a half away to walk to; I don't mind taking a walk over to the school. Plus, it's good exercise).




After getting cleaned up, I sat down on the couch and went to the news channel; I wanted to know what the weather's like today.

After hearing that the weather is gonna be cloudy, I quietly snuck into my room and took out a random jacket. After getting my jacket, I looked down at Sonata who was still asleep; I gave out a soft smile and quietly snuck out of my room.

"She's so cute when she is sleeping," I thought to myself as I slowly shut my bedroom door.

I sat don in the living room and looked over at the clock; it's 6:10.

"I'm gonna leave here in fifteen minutes. I might as well play an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force," I said as I got my remote and looked around my recordings.

As I looked around, I found my favorite episode: Ezekiel.

"Oh my God, this is one of my favorite episodes," I said to myself as I played the episode.




As I was halfway done, I heard my bedroom door opening and Sonata came out rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning, Sonie," I said as I gave her a smile.

"Morning Jackie. Why are you up so early?' she asked as she gave out a stretch.

"I have school today, which means I'll be leaving here around 6:25 or 6:30 in the morning and," I clarified," Plus I also have work on weekdays, which means that I won't be here till seven."

"That sucks," said Sonata as she sat down beside me on the couch," What am I supposed to do while your away?"

"I have an idea," I said as I took out my apartment key from my pocket, "Here, take my apartment key and go around town while I'm away," I said as I placed the keys in the palm of her hand.

"Your Apartment key? Why give them to me?"

"So you can go around the neighborhood and explore, instead of hanging around the apartment all day. Also, I'll give you some money while you're out there. There are some places close to here that have food and there's even an arcade."

I walked over to my counter and grabbed my wallet and pulled out sixty dollars.

"Here, take it," I said as I handed her the money.

"Thanks, Jackie. I'll go out there and explore," said Sonata as she gripped onto the money.

"That's the spirit," I said as I patted her back and looked at the clock.

6:27; I gotta go.

"All right, Sonie. I'm going to school and then I'm heading for work. Have fun while you're out there. Also, don't talk to strangers, use that money wisely, don't lose that key and have a great day," I said as I stood up and grabbed ahold of my backpack, iPhone, etc.

"Thanks, Jackie. You too," said Sonata as she gave me a smile.

I smiled back at her before I opened the door and left the apartment. I pulled out my iPhone and earplugs and began listening to is this love.

"If I didn't allow her to borrow my apartment key, then she'll act like David from that scene from American Werewolf in London where hangs around Alex's house all day.




12:20 PM

Lunchtime

I walked into the cafeteria and looked around for Blake. As I did, I then noticed him waving his hand in the air trying to get my attention. I walked over and sat beside him while he was watching the opening of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

"Hey Blake, how's your weekend," I asked.

"Nothing really. I went out a couple of times through Canterlot Park. It's a very pretty place to go, especially when the sun is setting," said Blake as he paused his episode," How was yours?"

"I met the girl of my dreams and she is now living with me at my apartment," I said with dreamy eyes.

Blake stood there with surprise in his eyes.

"My BFF has finally met the girl of his dreams? In just two day? Congrats, Jack," said Blake as he grabbed ahold of my right hand and shook it.

"Indeed I found her," I replied as Blake let go of my hand.

"So who is it? Is it Sonata?" he asked with interest as he turned off his iPhone and puts it away in his pocket.

"It is Sonata. I found her in an alleyway and decided to take care of her. We went out, we bought clothes, we eat together, we went to the theater yesterday to see The Good Dinosaur, and now she's exploring around the area close to my apartment."

"Will she be ok?"

"Of course she will. I know she will," I said as I took a bite out of my PB&J.

"You're finally with the woman you love. I wonder if you two will have a tragic romance like from The Little Mermaid or perhaps a love story like in Chobits," said Blake as suddenly sparkles appeared around him right out of nowhere.

"Hearing you saying that first part with the whole 'Little Mermaid' thing, reminds me of that Mero character from one of your manga," I said as I shooed away the sparkles.

"Or perhaps she may be a sweetheart till you find out she's a Ghou-" I raised my hand up at him.

"Ok, that's enough. Calm down," I said as I slowly retracted my hand.

"Sorry, I can't help it. Even the smallest things in life can remind you of a certain anime, which is true," said Blake as he calmed himself down and took out his half eaten ham sandwich out.

"She's a really nice girl. She even knows some of my music as well. She knows ACDC, Led Zeppelin, etc. She's definitely my type of girl."

"She does," agreed Blake as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

Blake and I were quiet for about three minutes as we finished our lunch.

"Since you found a girl, are you going to the dance on Friday? I think it would be a spectacle to see you two there. I'll go there just to enjoy it and possibly find a girl of my own," said Blake as he threw away his plastic bag into the garbage, which was right next to him.

"I sure am. First thing's first, she needs a dress and she wants to go to a beauty salon before the dance," I said as I threw away my plastic bag as well," Luckily, I know where to go to a beauty salon, but do you know anyone that can help me find a dress?"

"I sure do,"

"You do?"

"She's been around the school since freshman year. Her name is Rarity and she's sitting right over there with her friends," said Blake as he pointed out towards seven girls chatting with one another.

"What about her?"

"I hear that she has a boutique around Canterlot city and is willing to help anybody with a problem your facing," said Blake as he retracted his hand.

"Really? I if she's willing to help, then I go up to her now before the bell rings," I said as I got up from the table seat.

"That's the spirit," said Blake as I walked over to the seven girls.

As I walked up to them, I was a bit nervous. I wondered if what Blake said was true.

"U-um, excuse me?" I said as the girls gave me their attention.

"Which one of you is Rarity?" I asked.

"That would be me, darling," said the girl with stylish purple hair," May I help you?"

"I was wondering if you have any dresses for this girl that I know, that can wear for the dance this Friday?"

Rarity began to giggle as I stood at the edge of the table with a confused look upon my face.

"What's so funny? Did I say something wrong?"

Rarity got up from her seat and stood beside me.

"Darling, no guy has come to me from this school asking me if I can give them a dress for a dance, but yes, I will help you with your problem."

"When should I meet you? I have work after school and I'll be free by seven."

"Come with me before the bell rings," said Rarity as she and I headed out the cafeteria and into her locker.

"So darling, which kind of dress does your girl want? Tropical-like? Colorful? Aquatic? Or-"

"Aquatic sounds excellent; She loves the sea," I said, cutting off Rarity.

"Oh! then I know exactly which one she'll love," said Rarity as she pulled out a box and hands it over to me.

"Is it in here?" I asked.

"It's in there, darling. If I were you, I would say that you should see it on Friday when the time comes for the dance." said Rarity as she gave me a wink.

"Thank you so much, Rarity," I said as a big smile came upon my face.

Just then, the bell rang. Lunch was over and everybody was heading to his or her next period class.

"Hope you like it, mister… um?" said Rarity, not knowing my name.

"It's Jack," I said.

"Well Jack, I hope this girl that you want to give it to loves it. See you at the dance," said Rarity as she walked away towards class.

"No time for standing here, I have to go to class," I said to myself as I walked down the hall," Now I wonder if I can ask my boss if I can skip work on Friday."