• Published 17th Nov 2015
  • 8,372 Views, 120 Comments

The Man & The Siren - Oldtakufanboy



Jack was walking back home from work till he came across a girl crying in an alley way who would change his life forever.

  • ...
12
 120
 8,372

Unexpected Visiters

7:59 PM

Jack's Apartment

Sonata and I were sitting on the couch with our PJs on, as the film came to an end; the credits rolled, as I pressed the eject button from the remote.

"How did you like it, Sonie?" I asked, as I took out the DVD and pressed the eject button for the disc thingamajig to close.

"It was a cute film. You sure have a weird, but interesting taste in films, Jack," said Sonie, as she gave me a smile.

I smiled back, as I walked back into my room to put the disc away. I came back into the living room and switched from DVD to regular TV.

"I have to admit Sonie, I never imagined us being prom king and queen. It was a shocker for the both of us," I said, as I gave out a chuckle.

"True that," said Sonie, as she giggled.

After our laugh, we went quiet, as the TV was the only noise in the portent.

"Um… Sonie?"

"Yes?"

"I… I just want to tell you that the time with you, has been mind blowing. You are clearly the best girl I've ever met."

She looked at me with a blush upon her face.

"Aww, Jackie. I've been holding it in as well, but I also wanted to tell you the same thing about you being the best guy I've ever met."

I blushed, as I scratched the back of my head.

"Sonie… I want to ask you something… do you want… to stay with me… Cause, your all I need to make my life perfect."

Sonie's face went ever redder, as she scotched up to me.

"Jackie… you mean it?"

"Yes… I do mean it, Sonie. I… I love you."

Sonata's eyes began to go watery, as she placed her face onto my chest and bursts out tears. I held up her head and used my thumbs to wipe away her tears.

"Sonie… all I want is for you to feel happy. I'll do everything I can to make it happen," I said, as I gave her a small smile.

Sonie sniffled and gave me as well a short smile. My heart began to pound a lot when I was bringing her face close to mine. She began to pucker her lips, as I did the same when suddenly there was a knock on the door. Sonie and I immediately stopped our first kiss and turned our heads towards the door.

"Stay here, I'll check it out," I said, as I got up and walked to the door.

At the door, I peeked through the peephole and was surprised to who it was; it was Adagio and Aria standing in front of my door waiting for me to open it. I pulled my head back and looked back at Sonata.

"It's… it's your sisters," I said, as Sonata stood up with a shocked face.

"Why? Why are they here? What do they want?" said Sonata, as she ran towards my room to hide herself from her sisters.

"I guess she doesn't want to see them after what her sisters had did to her," I thought, as I looked again through the peephole.

Adagio and Aria had impatient looks, as Adagio knocked on the door again. I grabbed the door handle and opened the door to reveal myself.

"Um… can I help you?"

"Yes, we are here for our sister," said Adagio.

"Is she here now?" asked Aria.

I stood there with an irritated look upon my face and tapped my foot.

"You have some nerve coming here to find her after what you did to her. Some sisters you are. What sister leaves their sister all alone in the city?" I said, with a little of anger in my voice.

Aria quickly grabbed my collar and pulled me down to her eye level.

"Listen buddy, why don't you just-"

"ARIA!" shouted Adagio, making Aria stop her rant.

Aria looked back at me with an angry look and let go of my collar.

"Look, we did not come here to fight; we came here to find her and apologize for what we did to her. Please, let us see her," said Adagio with a little of desperation in her voice.

"If you come in, you and your sister need to promise me that you two won't cause any problems for Sonata, ok?" I asked.

"I understand," replied Adagio.

"Ok then," I said, as I opened up the door all the way for them, "come on in."

The two sisters walked in and took a look around the place. The too, just like Sonata, have some sort of interest of my apartment.

"So this is where Sonata has been for the past while?" asked Aria, as she sat down on the couch.

"Indeed"

"Have you been taking care of her? We got jobs, but we don't have an apartment anymore because we didn't have enough rent money. For a while, me and Aria have been sheltering ourselves in an abandoned house that's not far from here," asked Adagio.

"Of course I've been taking care of her. I've been giving her food, a bed to sleep on, clothes, and lo- I mean all the fun she could ever have," I said, as the sisters gave me a surprised look.

"Wow… you really have been taking care of our sister," said Aria.

"I have to say you're nice guy than we thought," said Adagio.

"That's very kind of you," I said with a smile.

Just then, we heard a growl. Aria placed her right hand on her stomach and rubbed it.

"Would it kill you if you can give me a snack?" asked Aria.

"No prob, what would you like? I have cereal, bread, pop tarts, leftover beef stroganoff, and yogurt. Anything of these things sound good?"

"Can I have a pop tart?"

"Sure," I said, as I got up and went into the kitchen.

I went through the pantry and found that I had two flavors.

"Would you like chocolate or strawberry?"

"Strawberry," replied Aria.

"Would you also mind to get me chocolate?" asked Adagio.

"No prob," I said, as I grabbed out one of each.

I closed the door and came back to the give the sisters their pop tarts.

"Here you go, you two," I said, as they snatched the bags out of my hand and immediately ripped open the bags and guzzled them down.

I stood there with a surprised look on my face; it was as if these girls haven't eaten anything in two days.

"Um… have you two been eating?"

"No, we haven't," said Aria with her mouth full, "we haven't eaten anything all day today."

"She's right," joined in Adagio, "we have been around Canterlot all day looking for you two- I mean, looking for her."

"Have you two been spying on us? I remembered when Sonata and I left the movie theater; she was looking at something with concern. Am I right? Were you two there before we left?"

Adagio gulped and gives out a sigh.

"Yes… we saw you two leaving the theaters and have been looking for you for a while," said Adagio.

"I thought so," I said, as I snapped my fingers.

"Can we see our sister now? I'm losing my patience," said Aria, as she crumpled her empty bag.

"Aria! Don't be rude," snapped Adagio.

"Whatever," said Aria, as she rolled her eyes.

"Hey Sonie!" I said, trying to get Sonata's attention.

"Sonie?" said both Aria and Adagio.

"It's a nickname I gave her," I explained, "Sonie! Come out here! Your sisters want to apologize!"

Just then, my bedroom door opened and Sonata came out through the hallway. She looked at her sisters with an angry look and crossed her arms.

"Sonata, me and Aria are here to apologize. We are very sorry for what we did to you," said Adagio with tears in her eyes, "Please, find it in your heart to forgive us."

Adagio let out tears, as Aria looked at Sonata.

"Sonata… we really, really mean it. Please, forgive us," said Aria, as tears began to flow down her face.

Sonata began to sniffle and ran up to her sisters in a loving embrace. The three of them gave each other tight hugs.

"Yes! Yes, I forgive you two. Please don't do that ever again!" cried out Sonata, as she and her sisters continued their sobbing.

"I should give them some time to themselves," I thought, as I walked into my room till their crying ended.

"Sir! Come back, please," pleaded Adagio, trying to get my attention.

"Yes?" I said, as I walked back into the living room.

"Thank you… for caring for our sister. You are a nice guy," said Adagio, giving me a teary smile.

"You really are a cool guy," joined in Aria, as she wiped her face.

"You are very welcome," I said, as I walked up to the three sisters and gave them a group hug.




9:13 PM

"Dinner's ready," I announced, as the three girls came up to dining table and sat down.

"What's for dinner?" asked Aria.

"Cooked shrimp," I said, as I placed a dish of shrimp to each of them one by one.

"Oh, yummy," said the three of them with a little of drool coming down the corner of their mouths.

"Dig in everybody," I said, as we together began to eat.

"This is pretty damn good," said Aria, as she gulped down the first shrimp, "You are a really good cook."

"He sure is," agreed Sonata, "How's yours Adagio?"

"Not bad. Reminds me of Equestria's shrimp."

I smiled and continued eating.




Aria began to stretch her arms, as Adagio and Sonata did the same.

"I'm gettin' tired," said Aria, as she rubbed her temples.

"Same here, Aria," agreed Adagio, as she as well began to yawn.

"Me three… but wait… where are you two gonna sleep?" said Sonata, as she and her sisters looked at me.

"Well, actually, I have a guest bedroom. Do you two mind sleeping together?"

"We don't mind at all," said Adagio.

"Sure, I guess," said Aria.

"Wait! You had a guest bedroom? I always wondered what was behind that other door."

"Hehehe, yes I do. I usually save that whenever my parents decide to stay the night over. Come I'll show you to your room," I said, as the three sisters followed me.

We went do to the end of the hallway and stood in front of the door.

"Here you two go. I hope you don't mind the posters I have in their," I said, as I opened the door.

We walked in and saw a nice mattress that was the perfect size for both Adagio and Aria to sleep on. Aria looked at one of the posters; the one she was looking at was the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie For Theaters one. Adagio and Sonata were looking at The Princess Bride one.

"Badass poster, mister… um…" said Aria, not knowing my name.

"It's Jack. Jack Backlash."

"Well, cool poster, Jack." said Aria, giving me a smile.

"I really like this poster, Jack. Have you seen this one? I haven't," said Adagio.

"Same," said both Aria and Sonata.

"I sure have. In fact, I have it on DVD."

Adagio and Sonata rushed over to me with smiles on their faces.

"Can we see it tomorrow?" said the both of them.

I looked over to Aria, who had a 'not interested' look on her face and then I looked back at them.

"Sure, if Aria doesn't mind."

"She doesn't mind, riiiight?" said Adagio and Sonata, as they both blinked rapidly at Aria.

"Pfft, whatever," said Aria, as she crossed her arms.

"Then it's settled," said Adagio.

"Okie dokie, time for bed," I said, as I clapped my hands.

"You're right, Jack. We sisters need our beauty sleep. Also, do you mind if Aria and I go back to the abandoned house to grab our stuff? We didn't bring an extra pair of clothing, so we'll be wearing the same things tomorrow till we can go get our clothes." asked Adagio.

"I have no problem with that," I said with a smile.

"Thanks," said Adagio, giving me a small smile, "Well, good night, Jack."

"Night," said Aria.

"Good night you two," said Sonata and I, before we closed the door.

"Jack… Thank you for allowing them to stay here. You're a very nice guy," said Sonata, as she gave me a hug.

"Your welcome," I said, as I hugged her back.

We then broke the hug and looked at each other in the eye. I then placed my hand on her cheeks and our faces came closer, as our lips began to touch one another.

"Thanks… for that… kiss," said Sonata with a blushed face.

"Um… sure…" I said.

We stood there quietly and had a somewhat awkward moment.

"Well… good night, Jackie… I love you." she said, as she walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek.

"I love you too, Sonie," I replied, as I did the same.

She then disappeared behind my bedroom door and turned off the lights. I walked out of the hallway and turned off the lights, grabbed ahold of a blanket and rested myself on the couch. The only light in the living room was the moons light coming down from the sliding windows that leads to the patio.

"What a night," I said to myself, as I snuggled into the couch.

Just then, I heard a door creak open. I leaned up and heard footsteps coming from the hallway. As the footsteps got closer and closer, from what I could tell from the moons light, it was a tired Adagio. Unlike when we met, she was wearing a yellow shirt and wearing pink panties. I immediately looked away.

"Adagio, what are you doing? Put your clothes back on," I said, trying to shoo her away.

"I'm too tired to do that," said a sleepy Adagio, "I came here to thank you again for taking care of my sister. You are a sweet guy."

She then walks up to me and gives me a tight hug.

"Without you… Sonata would've been dead because of us and we would've regretted what we did," said Adagio, as I began to feel tears coming down on my shoulder.

"Your welcome, Adagio… Your welcome," I said, as I hugged her back.

We then broke the hug and gave each other tired smiles.

"Well… see you in the morning, Jack." said Adagio, as she walked back into the hallway.

"Good night," I replied, before she closed the guest room door.

"Your welcome, Adagio." I said before falling asleep.

Author's Note:

Looks like Jack has two more room mates. Will they get along? Find out soon :raritywink: