• Published 13th Nov 2015
  • 6,392 Views, 100 Comments

The Ultimate Destroyer; Majin Equestria! - ZephyrStrife



With the body of a Majin, Eribia must take her place as this world's spirit of chaos.

  • ...
14
 100
 6,392

Episode 10: You're Not The Only One, So Get Up

Eribia smirked as she dodged Dinky's quick jab, the unicorn's speed had certainly been improving over the past two weeks. Even if the Majin had to wear her own two hundred Kilogram turtle shell in order to give her enough of a handicap, Dinky was doing surprisingly well. Eribia brought up her left forearm to block a roundhouse kick before she quickly grabbed Dinky's leg and heaved her over her shoulder. The pale purple unicorn let out a small yelp of surprise before she recovered and managed to just skid across the ground. "Excellent work Dinky, keep this up and I might just have to move you up to the forties." Eribia praised as she got into a ready stance.

"Thanks sis!" Dinky squealed excitedly as she hopped up and down. "I can barely feel any weight from the shell anymore."

"Well then, I'll have to move you up to the forty kilogram shell anyway." Eribia chuckled as she relaxed her stance. "Let's go check on the other trainees." She suggested just before the little unicorn filly tackled her... well, tried to tackle her.

The first pony Eribia met up with was Snowflake, who certainly seemed to be building some of his muscle mass back, except this time it was because of the forty kilogram shell on his back that was forcing him to work out his wings as well as the rest of his body. Eribia smiled as she saw him making his way up to them. "Hey Snowflake! Beautiful day, right?"

He broke out in a goofy grin and took in a small breath. "YEAH!" He replied in a tone similar to his bodybuilding days. "It's an amazing day out! That's why it's perfect for training!" He shouted gleefully as he continued his skipping down the path that Ponyville had installed around the town a week ago. Several ponies followed in his wake, mimicking the skipping action the white pegasus was doing as they each hollered greetings to the Majin and her adopted sister.

Eribia hugged Dinky by her shoulder with one arm. "Now that... is what I call beautiful... no need to worry about anything, just training to become stronger... You know, I actually think you might be as strong as Applejack right now... She's just using a twenty kilo shell too." Eribia mused as she watched the last pegasus pass. "I better get to making you that forty kilo shell, that way you can surprise mom by being able to lift up the house soon."

Dinky giggled as she nuzzled her adopted sister. "I'm just happy we get to spend time together, sis." She sighed happily before she straightened out. "I'm gonna head back to the house so I can finish my homework, I can't wait for the new shell!"

Eribia turned her attention to the air before she slowly let her Ki lift her off the ground almost-effortlessly. With a quick burst of speed she made her way to a bunch of clouds hanging relatively low in the air and gingerly sat down so she could look out over the horizon. Her memories of the people she had consumed returned once more, though this time there was something different about them, they began to get... fuzzy, blurry... nothing too much different but each memory did begin to blur.

"...Perhaps I'm done being sad over my past mistakes..." She thought with a small smile that graced her lips. "Cruger believed that I wasn't a monster..." She crossed her palms in her lap as she watched the sun dip over the horizon, signaling the beginning of night. "Sunsets are so beautiful... the merging of night and day..." she sighed wistfully as she watched the sun finally droop below the horizon.

cxxxxx[=======>

White Wash frowned as he pulled his dagger from the neck of the manticore that had been unlucky enough to wander from the Everfree. He quickly wiped the blade off in the grass to clean most of it before he brought both of his hands together in a silent prayer. After about a minute several Unicorn Order Knights approached and assisted in moving the creature back to the Everfree so that some other carnivore could be fed. "Damn shame..." Wash said quietly to one of the unicorns.

The tan unicorn nodded a little. "It always is when you have to take a life... don't let it get any easier kid, if it gets easier then you're as much of a monster as the creatures we fight."

White Wash nodded as he followed his superior. "When will we be going after the target?"

The tan unicorn let out a small sigh. "Everything just got quite a bit more complicated..." He began as he guided his subordinate through the underbrush. "We just received information that Razul has come back... so we have to keep an eye out for any of his necrotic minions... as well as his second in command."

"Who's his second in command?"

"We don't know, but he's always got one... and they're always equipped with very corrupt weapons. So we can't take any chances, I need your team to look into what The Destroyer is doing while keeping an ear out for any leads on the whereabouts of Razul."

White Wash lifted a brow. "You really think he'd come this close to the Royal Sisters?"

The tan unicorn looked at him with a joy-less deadpan. "Son... Razul was only able to be beaten last time because of our founder's help. Every time in history that he's emerged he's come back stronger and stronger. We're not even sure our Order can handle him this time." The stallion let out another sigh. "Come on... we need to get something to eat... it's gonna be a long night." White Wash simply nodded as he followed the officer.

"...sometimes I really hate my job..." he thought with a mental groan.

cxxxxx[=======>

Eribia let out a small breath as she got up from her cloud, the slight chill of the evening air didn't even seem to register to her as she felt her magical senses begin to pull her... somewhere. Like a beacon of energy, she felt her arcane senses pulling at her to go faster and faster until even the air barely made a sound as she soared through the air. She finally registered where she was, in a way, when she stopped flying and began to look around. "Where in the world am I?" she muttered as she finally noticed the rather dry, rocky terrain.

She landed quickly and quietly among what seemed to be an ash-covered forest with several red-colored and spiny leaf-plants sprouting out of the ground. A curious hum left her throat as she continued to explore a little bit.

It was... quiet. The silence itself didn't seem overbearing or pressured in any way though, the word that came to Eribia's mind was that it was peaceful. The ash gave the entire place a smoky scent that would have burnt her lungs just a little if she actually had to breathe. She blinked once as she started to really think about what that meant for her... living creatures needed to breathe... but now, now she was a Majin, created from magic.

"What... am I?"

"...Unique..." Came a soft, male voice from nearby, causing the Majin to spin and face the newcomer. A slightly-hunched dirt-brown unicorn smiled at her as he slowly walked closer. His walking staff actually made quiet, audible taps against the ground as he walked. After a small chuckle he did a little bow. "Forgive me... I haven't introduced myself. My name is Farlaghn, what's yours?"

"Eribia..." The Majin replied cautiously as the unicorn stopped a few feet away.

Farlaghn hummed a little. "A very beautiful name... if I may, what brings you to this remote part of the world Eribia?" He waved a hand as he continued walking. "Come, we can speak in a place a bit more relaxing than the middle of an ash field." Eribia followed him quietly as the pair made their way to what seemed to be a small campsite set up among a ring of stone pillars. Once the old stallion was seated on one of the fallen pillars he smiled and lit the fire with his magic. "So... what brings you here?"

Eribia took her own seat. "Well... something about this place has a very high magical force... I could feel it all the way from Equestria."

With an impressed hum the stallion nodded. "I see... do you know what it is you are seeking here?"

The Majin shook her head. "I have no clue... all I know is that there was something here that was an incredibly powerful source of magic." she explained as she snapped her fingers and caused a marshmallow on a metal stick to appear. "I just had a feeling that I had to come out this way..."

"You're not wrong about this place resonating with magic." Farlaghn began with a smile. "This place has a natural connection to the Elemental Plane of Fire. Because of that connection it allows a direct connection to that elemental plane without needing to traverse the Astral plane." His horn glowed as the ground in front of him began to shimmer. "Finding places like this will help you make your journey a little easier... but traversing the outer plains can be a very dangerous thing, I speak from experience."

The shimmering ground took on a roughly circle-shaped mirror and began to show scenes of a world covered in lava and fire, any solid ground that there was seemed to be cracked and baked with heat. "...There is a power you will need in order to complete your journey though ..." He let out a small sigh as the view began to change, shifting to what looked like an oddly-detailed mosaic. "...To find Elysium you will need to be able to sense the soul of the plane, not just the magic. The final bridge of your journey will require more power than you can currently muster..."

"What do you mean?" Eribia asked quietly, entranced by the mosaic and the familiar-seeming figure that was depicted across from her.

"You are currently stuck at a fraction of your true power... not by the will of the Elements, by your own..." Farlaghn explained, gaining a confused look from Eribia. "You have the power of an incredibly powerful spirit of change as well as the magical power that was bestowed upon you when you were given a second chance."

"Second chance?" Eribia asked as she sat up a little straighter.

"You... are not the true Eribia, the original is dead, never to return... but you... you are her attempt at redemption." Farlaghn replied. "A merger between Majin and Earthling."

"How do you know about that?"

Farlaghn smiled as he began to stand again, letting his cloak slide off to reveal a much younger uni-... Alicorn stallion with a ruddy brown coat. "Because... I am Farlaghn, god of roads and patron god of travelers the multiverse over." He chuckled. "As a god of travel and a few other domains as well I know a lot when it comes to someone suddenly getting thrown across planes to another world entirely." At Eribia's shocked silence he let out another boisterous laugh. "It was me arriving from the Elemental Plane of Fire that drew you here, not the ambient magic in the area. Don't worry though, as a god I am... It's against the rules for me to interfere directly with mortal affairs, it's not very sporting after all when you simply step in and solve everything with a wave of your hand."

Eribia spluttered a few moments before she got up. "Rules?! What rules?"

"The rules of the games we immortals play..." Farlaghn explained with a smile as he turned her attention to the fire. "You see... forever is a long time to live, when you ascend into godhood you pretty much get to the point where you've done everything yourself and begin to see the multiverse as a strategy game." The flames themselves seemed to fan out in a way that looked like a television made of fire. "So, to keep ourselves entertained, gods give mortals interesting lives. If it weren't for us not wanting to be bored, history wouldn't be inspired by change... admittedly, wars wouldn't happen...but hey, you can't have everything all sunshine and roses or else life gets stale."

"So... everything that's going on... is because this is all just some game...?"

"Basically... it gets a bit more complicated than that but two major players this round have decided they want their champions to have the Regalia of Might just to see how powerful they can get. They've spent the last three hundred years looking for the perfect candidates and Hextor finally sprung his champion out of Carceri... so you, Heironeous' champion... have a time limit of about, oh... I'd have to say about a year, to get that path fixed and scamper on back here at full power or else you're going to lose."

Eribia gave him another confused look as she walked towards the fire, intrigued by the scenes that flashed through the flames just long enough for her to make out a few faces she was familiar with and a few faces that she wasn't. "...How do I unlock my full power then?"

Farlaghn shrugged. "I wouldn't have a clue... I ascended because of my unquenchable desire to travel and explore the cosmos. Though I think it would be best to speak with Kord, he seems more your speed when it comes to power." The traveler waved his hand and extinguished the flames. "I think in this world he takes the shape of an earth pony by preference... so it may be a bit easier to find him by his magical signature."

Eribia nodded a little as she straightened herself. "I... Thank you, at least now I can start to understand why it's me that has to be the hero."

"Oh! And before I forget, it would be best if you don't summon any of your displaced buddies to fight Hextor's champion... he and his minions know some powerful magic that would render them unable to leave for quite some time and could possibly make it so they never leave." Farlaghn explained as he slipped his cloak back on. "Have a safe journey back to civilization."

Eribia smiled and waved to him. "...I'll keep this world safe, just you watch."

"Don't worry... I certainly wouldn't want to miss this for the world."

Author's Note:

FINALLY!!! Chapter 10 is done!

Some shenanigans have been explained! But will other shenanigans continue to be added on? Will the rest of the shenanigans be explained? Will Farva get pistol whipped for saying Shenanigans?!

Find out when Majin Equestria returns!