• Published 13th Nov 2015
  • 6,378 Views, 100 Comments

The Ultimate Destroyer; Majin Equestria! - ZephyrStrife



With the body of a Majin, Eribia must take her place as this world's spirit of chaos.

  • ...
14
 100
 6,378

Episode 9: Let Me Be The One To Numb You Out

Eribia frowned a little as she finished using her magic to fashion another crude stone turtle shell. Her mind flashed to the conversation she had with the blue lizard-dog... he really did look like a special breed of Diamond dog, as pictures from Luna's past had indicated. She didn't want to include the Elements in this, it was her fight...

But it was better to have some allies just in case. The Majin grit her teeth as she looked over to the piles of stone turtle shells. Soon, soon she'd have ponies to train and help take her mind off of the imminent threat. Her thumb ran across the smoothed stone as she let her mind wander again.

cxxxxxxxxx[{=================>

The pink Majin grit her teeth as she squared off against the bulky half-robed man across from her. He turned his head slightly to spit into the dirt. "Pathetic, you don't have anywhere near enough Huge in you to even consider facing a wizard of my caliber." He scoffed as he slowly began to walk towards the Majin. "I will teach you to be Huge..."

Eribia reeled a little in shock at the declaration. "W-what?"

"You heard me, you're no proper rival if you aren't strong enough to face me. We shall start with the basics, from there you will learn my technique." The bulky man replied before he seemed to vanish, only to reappear and strike the Majin hard in the stomach. "Soon, a strike like this will barely make you flinch..." He explained just before Eribia blacked out.

cxxxxxxxxx[{=================>

It had been a rigorous training indeed, her body grew and screamed at her to stop more than once. Each time she had kept going though... each moment had brought her closer to the moment when she had finally absorbed her rival, gaining his power on top of her own.

She frowned as her memories brought up the absorptions again, each face seemed burned into her vision as she found the tears painfully stinging her eyes once more. The drops of moisture began to stain the dry stone in her grasp just as it finished shaping itself into a crude turtle shell. She was forced to place the shell down as she rubbed at her eyes, trying to stop the flow that only seemed to get stronger the more she tried to push down her emotions.

"Why...? What happened to me?" She grumbled as she shifted herself against the rock she was using as an improvised seat. "I don't even know who I am anymore..." she muttered as she wiped her face. "...Why do I have to be the good guy? Why can't I just... why..." A slowly-dawning despair seeped over her. "...I don't even know what side I want to be on..."

~~~~~~~@~~~~~~~

Princess Luna stood in front of the six mares that had been known as the Bearers of Harmony, her appearance quite a bit more... intimidating... with several bands of large, black training weights strapped to her arms and legs. Another set was strapped in a dual bandolier-style across her chest, though those ones were slightly larger. "Bearers of Harmony, three of you shall be selected by myself to train among our guard and assure my sister that the future of Equestria is in capable hands. The rest of you shall train with miss Eribia, we make this a contest between the two of us so that we may see who's training method is better." She explained with a slight discerning frown.

Rainbow Dash had her interest piqued. "A contest? What does the winner get?" She asked with moderate interest.

"We have yet to discern what spoils shall go to the victor, although I have picked the mares who shall accompany me back to Canterlot for the training." Luna replied, making all of the gathered mares except for Rainbow Dash freeze in slight apprehension. "I shall pick Miss Rarity, Miss Pie and finally... Miss Sparkle... if the three of you would wait in the chariot, I shall have a private word with the remaining three."

Each of the surprised, well... not so surprised in Pinkie's case as she continued to bounce her way out to the carriage sputtering and blabbering seemingly endless strings of nonsense, mares made their way out of the Library before Luna rounded on the three remaining mares.

"Rainbow Dash, Applejack... Miss Fluttershy... you three shall be training alongside a group tutored by Miss Eribia, take thy training seriously... it is meant to help you defend yourselves should something as drastic as another dragon arrive to ponyville and not have as weak a will as the one that young Fluttershy faced down." Luna explained.

"Jus' hold on a minute there! What do ya mean we're bein' taught by that snake in the grass Eribia?" Applejack asked warily.

Luna let out a small sigh. "Dark times are ahead now that the Elements have been awakened... the fastest way to render them useless is by striking at those who wield them. Should someone dark enough wish to keep the threat of the Elements at bay, they need only prey on the weakest link. By undergoing this training it will make each individual link stronger." The dark mare replied. "And yes, by being taught by Miss Eribia you shall learn techniques from a far-flung alien society, this is a chance to learn from her as much as it is a chance to have her learn from you. After all, the greatest teachers learn as much from their students as their students learn from them."

~~~~~~~@~~~~~~~

Applejack looked on curiously at the turnout for the open tryouts that Eribia had been hosting, it seemed the chance to learn how to get as strong as the little pink hellion had certainly motivated a few of the townsfolk.

"Hey... AJ... get a load of Snowflake..." Rainbow Dash chuckled as she drew the farm mare's attention to the hulking behemoth that looked more like an earth pony had sprouted foal wings. "You think you could take him?"

"Dash..." Applejack muttered with a sigh. "He's a bodybuilder... he's all show, kinda like you. He lifts in order to impress, not get all that much stronger."

"Hey! I'm not all show!" The cyan mare protested as she hovered off the ground.

Applejack opened her mouth to speak, only to look on curiously as the pink creature that had terrorized Equestria a thousand years ago slowly floated down with a giant rock and a huge box. "Wow..." Eribia noted curiously. "There's a lot more of you than I thought... I'm going to need to make more turtle shells." Fluttershy's curious glance went unnoticed by the Majin as she cleared her throat. "Well... I had honestly thought that I was going to get maybe... six, seven students if I was lucky... um..." She set down the huge crate before she shifted her grip on the giant boulder. "This is good though, it'll be a great competition this way." Eribia visibly seemed to brighten as she simply let the boulder drop next to her.

Many eyes widened as the boulder shook the ground nearby, its impact had left several cracks in the ground as it embedded itself in the ground at least several centimeters. A quiet "woah..." from Rainbow Dash seemed to voice the opinion of the entire gathered group of ponies.

"Those of you who can push this boulder without magic will be considered to have graduated my training and will be considered potential rivals for myself. Take a good look around... anyone and everyone in this crowd has the potential to move this boulder." Eribia quickly walked up to the bulky white pegasus with a squared manecut. "The first lesson in this training will be that there are no shortcuts..." She explained as the pegasus seemed to cower away a little, as if he could sense something about her. "Anyone caught using steroids like this stallion here will have their progress reset immediately." A quick snap of her fingers and blinding flash of light left everyone gawking at the new sight.

The previously-praised bodybuilder of ponyville, Snowflake, now looked much more like his name would imply. His posture was slightly hunched though his build was more on the underweight side even for a Pegasus. At the attention of the crowd he slowly began to cover himself up as if he were aware of just how naked he felt without all of his muscles. Even Rainbow Dash was stunned at the change as she slowly tried to make herself an inconspicuous face in the crowd.

Eribia quickly brought Snowflake to the head of the group and passed him one of the turtle shells. "I sincerely hope that I can one day see you all as rivals instead of students." She said almost as quietly as Fluttershy would as she noticed Snowflake struggling to stand with the shell on his back. "Don't worry Snowflake, you'll get used to the weight. This will help build your endurance as well." She turned to the rest of the group. "The first ponies I want to get these shells on will be the pegusai and unicorns, I'll make more for the earth ponies tomorrow."

"Why do the Earth ponies get to be exempt from the shells today?" One of the pegusai called out, his darker green coat seeming to almost blend with the grass they stood on.

"Because their natural enhanced strength means that unicorns and pegusai need to work on building muscle first before they can really be on the same level." Eribia replied curtly. "You will all be able to lift this boulder when your training is done, need I really say more about the results than that?"

There was a murmur of apprehension as three unicorns and four more pegusai, Rainbow Dash included, shuffled up to the crate to grab a shell. Rainbow's eyes widened as she lifted the shell out. "What the heck are these things made of?! They weigh a ton!"

Eribia let out a chuckle. "No... this boulder weighs half a ton... those stone shells only weigh twenty kilograms, once you get used to those shells we'll move you up another twenty kilos."

~~~~~~~@~~~~~~~

Sergeant Greave panted hard as he was pushed to his limit, sweat dripped down his face and landed on the stone-like track that the Princess was running the rest of his platoon on. The incredible weights wrapped around his arms and legs forced them to cry out in protest because they had grown lax from his days as a recruit. His bat-like wings fruitlessly flapped, trying to ease some of the weight off of his legs to no avail.

It wasn't his fault that he continued running for two reasons though; the first was that his princess was watching, even in all the weights she was wrapped in she was still able to lap every one of them without their weights. The second reason was the fit and slightly swaying hips of the female PFC in front of him. He took his mind off the pain by putting his mind on rather vivid fantasies of what he would do if he had such a beautiful mare all to himself, a small smile played on his lips as his eyes lingered a little on the mare's cutie mark.

She was Private First Class Lightning Strike if his memory of the waning moon with a thunderbolt superimposed on top of it was correct. She reminded him a lot of his sister; strong, independant... and more than happy to break with the tradition of the Patriarchal Thestral society. His sister had taken up smithing, while Lightning Strike had signed up to be one of the first Lunar Guard upon Princess Luna's return.

"Enough! Thy laps are done, now that our warm ups are complete we may move onto the actual exercise." Luna called, much to every guard's dismay.

Author's Note:

This chapter... was a chore to write... even now I'm not happy with it... Something about this one just rustles my jimmies. It is a necessary chapter though, so I might as well bring it out now and get the rustling over with before I decide to scrap the chapter and just timeskip ahead.

Will Dash be able to lift a half-ton of stone? How many Kilograms is in a ton? Will Eribia be able to turn this group of possible students into credible rivals?

Find out on Majin Equestria!