• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 13,847 Views, 509 Comments

Shinigami In Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



An average but nerdy young man goes to an anime convention dressed as Ichigo from Bleach. He was missing only one thing from his costume, where a mysterious merchant sells him just the item he needed. Only to be sent somewhere he doesn't know.

  • ...
54
 509
 13,847

Chapter 28: More hollows within Part 2

Chapter 28: More hollows within Part 2

The little hollow pounces at me and I just raise my sword in front of me where she faceplants into the flat side of my blade.

"Blergh..." she groans as she slides down the blade and flops onto the floor dazed.

I lean down and pick her up by the scruff of her neck where her eyes are rolling around in her head. She shakes her head and growls at me as she tries hitting me with her hooves which makes me raise an eyebrow at her.

"If she wasn't so viscous she'd be adorable," I comment.

'I guess that would make this hollow kinda like my little sister as she was born from my reishi,' Bob says intrigued. I guess that's true somewhat.

"Verily. But we must return to Twilight where I shall cage this hollow until she is ready to face her," Luna says.

We head back to Twilight to see her reading a book. She looks up and spots us and goes wide eyed at the still struggling hollow in my grip.

"Is that?..." she asks with worry.

"Congratulations, Twilight. You have your own little hollow," I tell her with a smile.

"She's my hollow?" she asks me still with worry in her tone.

"Yup. Luna will put her in a cage for now until you've trained some more and met your Zanpakuto," I reply and look around. I don't see any signs of her Zanpakuto anywhere here.

"I see... so where was she?" Twilight asks.

"In one of the aisles chewing on some books," I reply making her gasp.

"She was eating the books!?" she asks horrified and looks at the hollow, she walks over with a frown. "Books are not for eating little missy!" she tells the hollow who frowns back at her and tries biting her, but my grip is still firm.

I pull her back while Twilight yelps and conjures a rolled up newspaper and bops the hollow on the head. "Bad! Books are friends, not food," she scolds the hollow getting another growl from her.

I chuckle as Twilight bops her again until she's silent but still frowning.

"Ichigo, since she's just like a foal, is it possible to raise her like a foal?" she asks me with curiosity.

"Hmmm. Possibly. You'll have to be careful though if you want to try. But for now, she'll be locked up until you're ready to subdue her," I reply as Luna takes the hollow with her magic and after a few seconds, a cage of blackish blue metal forms around the hollow filly which she tries to bite through with little success.

"That will hold her till thou art ready, young Sparkle," Luna tells Twilight as she sets the hollow down on the table next to the lamp.

Twilight stands next to the table in front of the cage just watching the hollow try to get out.

"Twilight. No matter what happens, don't let her out until you're ready to subdue her," I warn her seeing the look of pity on her face.

"I know... but she's just a filly... this just seems cruel," she replies sadly.

"And she wouldn't hesitate to eat your soul and take over your body to eat other ponies souls as well," I tell her sternly just to make sure she knows the dangers. She slowly turns to look at me with horror filled eyes. "Come on, Luna. We have five more heads to go through," I then say to the dark blue alicorn Princess.

"Fare thee well, Twilight. Sleep peacefully," Luna says and her horn glows again.

I blink my eyes to see we're back in the lounge of the Princesses with my hand still on Luna's back.

"How did it go?" Celestia asks.

"Well. She has a hollow and it looks like a filly with the attitude of an angry cat," I reply.

"Kinda sounds like Rarity’s cat Opal when she's upset," Rainbow comments with a chuckle.

Rarity winces at that, seems her cat is a handful.

"So who's next?" I ask the five remaining mares.

"Me me me!" Pinkie replies waving her hand over her head.

Luna's horn glows and the pink bipedal mare yawns before faceplanting a pillow and starts snoring lightly.

Then my vision goes white to a land filled with candy themed foliage. Trees with candy apples hanging from their branches. Lollipop flowers. Pink cotton candy bushes and white cotton candy clouds. Hard boiled sweets for rocks and boulders. Even a gingerbread house similar to Sugarcube Corner, except made from real baked goods.

"I~chi~go~!" I hear a loud shout from Pinkie as she glomps me from behind.

I lose my balance from the surprise tackle and go face first into the ground. Fortunately I hit one of the cotton candy bushes which softened the impact.

Pinkie giggles as she gets up and then helps me up.

I chew on the mouthful of cotton candy in my mouth and note it tastes just like strawberries.

"Pinkie, that wasn't very nice," I tell her and form my hollow mask.

"Sorry! But you know a little fall like that won't hurt you," she replies with her ever present smile.

"HI!" another cheery voice shouts as I'm glomped again but unfortunately this time, I faceplant a rock which cracks on impact.

"Fuck..." I mumble in pain.

"Oopsie!" the new voice says and I'm pulled back onto my feet.

In front of me is a bipedal pony that looks similar to Pinkie except she's white with a blonde mane and tail as well as having wings. She's wearing a pair of light blue overalls and a pink shirt.

I rub my nose which thankfully isn't bleeding. "I take it you're Pinkie's Zanpakuto?" I ask her.

"Uh-huh," she replies and hovers in the air.

"Right. Well come along or do your own thing, we got a hollow to find," I say and look around again.

'I feel a presence to the south,' Bob informs me.

'Got it,' I reply also feeling it now.

I start running where Pinkie, her Zanpakuto Myōgane, and Luna follow behind me. After a good ten or so minutes of running, we see a little bipedal filly with dark pink fur and a darker pink straight flat mane and tail savagely tearing down the landscape. She's wearing a tattered dark blue shirt and a pair of torn baggy trousers, and her mask looks like a crying child with tear marks running down her cheeks.

This hollow looks much more dangerous than Twilight's is. But that might be due to Pinkie being the strongest of the six so far.

"Awww. She looks so sad..." Pinkie says looking upset.

"Well, Twilight's was not as vicious, but still dangerous. Luna, do you think you can restrain her?" I tell Pinkie and then ask Luna.

Her horn glows and the hollow then snaps her vision to us. She screeches like a banshee and runs straight for Luna who yelps as her spell seems to not be working.

But before I could draw my sword, Pinkie has dashed at the hollow and grabs her in a bear hug from behind.

The hollow struggles where Pinkie sits down cross legged and then start humming a relaxing tune while rocking side to side.

The hollow looks confused for a few seconds before visibly relaxing and becoming docile. I glance at Luna who looks just as confused as I am.

"It's okay, you don't have to be angry and upset anymore," Pinkie says to the hollow, who looks like she's getting sleepy.

After a few minutes of just watching, the hollow filly falls asleep resting her head on Pinkie's chest. The hollow's hair even curls slightly at the ends.

I go wide eyed as a mask forms on Pinkie's face that looks nothing like I've seen before. While the masks I've seen were meant to look intimidating or scary, hers looks like it's smiling without any horns, fangs, or glaring eyes... It looks happy with a yellow balloon on the left cheek and a light blue balloon on the right.

"That's new..." I comment and scratch my head.

"Shush, she's sleeping. I think Pinkie and I have this, you can go check one of the others now," Myōgane tells us quietly.

I look to Luna and she just shrugs at me.

"If you say so," I reply and Luna takes us back out.

Next up is Rainbow Dash and her mind-scape looks like a large Colosseum made of clouds, but it feels solid under my feet.

Rainbow is flying around with a pegasus made of clouds above us and once again I form my mask.

I feel the hollow's presence as Luna and I make our way over to it. Outside the Colosseum appears to be lots of Greek or Roman architecture scattered about. We arrive at a temple like building and what confuses me is instead of a pony shaped hollow, it looks like a young gryphon chick with dark cyan fur and dark grey feathers. Her talons are dark golden colour while her mask has a black lightning bolt over each eye.

"That's my hollow? Why is it a gryphon?" Rainbow asks as she lands next to me, along with her Zanpakuto next to her.

Before I could reply, the hollow gives off a tiny roar like a lion and pounces at Rainbow Dash. Once again I put my sword in the way where the little hollow bounces off the blade and then a couple times on the cloud ground.

"Looks like it, maybe it's because of your personality?" I suggest as Luna picks up the hollow and we head back to the Colosseum where Luna then puts the little hollow in another dark blue cage.

"So, don't interact with the hollow until you're ready to face it in a fight. Otherwise it could possess you and go on a rampage," I warn Rainbow.

"Errr, right... So, what now?" she replies and asks me.

"Just train or something until you wake up," I reply and Luna takes us out.

Next pony to check is Fluttershy and her mind-scape looks like a meadow with a small lake, some trees and a few flower gardens.

We spot Fluttershy by the lake as she looks around with her small Zanpakuto on her back.

"Nice place you got," I comment making the shy pony yelp and tip over stiff as a board.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I help her up.

"Oh, Ichigo... you startled me..." she says and looks around. "Where are we?" she asks.

"In your mind-scape, once you've learn't your Zanpakuto's name, you'll be able to come here and train with them," I reply and gesture to all around us.

"I see... s-so where is m-my hollow?" she asks nervously.

I form my mask again and look around. "Feels like it's that way," I reply pointing to one of the trees.

We head over and I look up into the tree to see another odd sight. The hollow is a little white filly with a light blue mane and tail similar to Fluttershy's, but her mask is different as it looks like a pair of butterfly wings just covering her eyes. Kinda like a masquerade ball mask.

It whimpers at the sight of us and tries to scramble higher into the tree.

"Never seen a hollow scared like that before," I say scratching my chin.

"Poor dear looks terrified," Fluttershy says and she slowly flies up to the shivering filly. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you," she says as the hollow whimpers more.

I get the feeling something similar to Pinkie's hollow will happen here.

I get Luna to back away with me as we watch Fluttershy try to calm the filly down and after a good few minutes, the filly is cuddled up to Fluttershy but still looking terrified.

"I think Fluttershy has this covered," I say but then go wide eyed as a black bear the size of small house fades in and out of existence behind the tree Fluttershy is in.

Fluttershy looks on in confusion as I can hear faint deep mumbling that I can't make out properly coming from the bear.

"Name?" Fluttershy asks the bear. More mumbling then comes from the bear. "Banryomaru?" Fluttershy says and gasps as her Zanpakuto changes shape.

The hollow filly flies up into the tree some more startled as Fluttershy's Zanpakuto moulds around her forehooves and looks like a pair of sharp looking bear claws now.

"Yes little one, that is my name," the bear says clearly now and is now solid. He's black with a few red tribal looking patterns around his eyes as well as going from his shoulders and down his back.

"Y-Y-You're my Zanpakuto?" Fluttershy asks him in awe as she hovers in front of his face.

"That I am, gentle one. You're kindness belies your courage, while afraid of what your hollow could do to you plagued your mind, you still pushed through and faced your fear. Despite your timid nature, a strong warrior is waiting beneath, I shall help you make your courage and strength grow," he replies.

Her eyes widen and she looks back to the tree. "Oh my!" she says and gently flies into the tree and after a few minutes, comes out with the hollow cradled in her forelegs.

The bear then turns to me. "You may go now, I have much to teach my Shinigami," he tells me.

"Okay, I see you got things handled here," I reply and Luna takes us back out.

We’re back in the lounge and all that’s left is Rarity and Applejack.

“Okay, next up?” I ask.

“I shall go next,” Rarity replies and Luna puts her to sleep.

Luna’s horn glows again and we’re taken to the white mare’s mind-scape.

Author's Note:

Two more hollows to find!
Fluttershy Zanpakuto = Banryomaru(蠻霊丸, Savage Spirit)