• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,591 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,591

Re-Chapter Thirteen

Grey stirred from his sleep. He felt an intense pair of eyes burning into his flesh. He felt Luna press her body back into his. He opened his eyes, he saw the intimidating glare of fuchsia eyes looming overhead.

"Princess Luna!" Princess Celestia's voice boomed, making the midnight blue alicorn, fall out of bed. "What are you doing laying in that man's bed?"

"Tia! We were "

"That is Princess Celestia, to you!" she scolded her younger sister. "You!" she pointed an angry golden hoof at Gray, "Go to the dining hall!"

Grey got out of bed and stood in front of Luna, "You. Do not raise your voice at me," he admonished the white alicorn. "Firstly, we did not do anything, but sleep in the same bed; secondly, Luna is an adult and old enough to make her own decisions; and thirdly, even if we did have sex, it would be none of your business."

"That is where you are wrong. She is and always will be: my younger sister and my responsibility. I do not need her associating with a narcissistic sociopath. Now, you leave, or so help me, if you step foot in my castle again you will be sorry." Celestia warned. "Come, Luna," Celestia ordered, leaving for the door.

Luna glanced up at Grey, heartbroken, and followed her sister with her head hung low and starry tail between her legs.

"Be careful, Luna, it is her castle," he shouted. A pool of shadow began to form underneath him. It moved a foot away and Darqlon emerged from the liquid shadow.

"We are leaving. . . to go get our. . . last companion," Darqlon informed.

"Whatever," Grey stood but Darqlon pushed him down on the bed.

Before Grey could retaliate, Darqlon held out an amulet to Grey, "Wear this. Touch the marialite gem. . . and you will have armor. . . comparable to Onyx's. It comes complete. . . with your preferred weapons. . . two longswords. . . one claymore. . . and kite shield. The overall quality pales. . . in comparison to your works. . . but will hold up. . . in any fight," Darqlon explained.

"I... I don't remember how to fight."

"It will come naturally. . . trust me. . . you are the best fighter. . . in existence. Just follow. . . your instincts. I doubt we will. . . have to fight Kyllgorr. . . but the armor comes with boots. . . You like boots. . ."

Grey chuckled and touched the yellow gemstone in the middle of the amulet, instantly being wrapped in shadow then covered in armor. His full gear had a significant weight to it. He had to admit: the boots were comfortable and stylish, but he noticed something missing, "No helmet?"

"Just hold out your. . . hands at your gut. . . and act like you. . . are putting a. . . helmet on. . . one will appear."

Grey followed Darqlon's instructions. He placed his hand near his belly and extended his arms. A black helmet materialized in his hands. "Nice," he placed the helmet on his head. "Let's get outta here."

"As you say," Darqlon teleported the two of them to the dining hall.

The commander of the guard nodded to the two men who appeared to him, he was too old for anything to surprise him. "We will escort you to the Griffon Kingdom in royal coaches," he began to explain, "Under the guise of Griffon nobles, we will not draw too much attention. The Griffon refugees are taking temporary residence at Cloudsdale since the city already knows about you aliens and has kept quiet about it thus far. Reports are... disheartening. Your friend has killed over half the population of Griffons and King Gallus. Princess Celestia has already passed judgment on him. He will serve community service until she thinks he has learned his lesson."

Wolf spoke up, "Kyllgorr will agree to those terms. He feels guilty about his actions."

"Good. Assuming this goes smoothly. We should all be back here around nightfall. By Princess Celestia's orders Grey "

"I know," Grey interrupted.

"Okay. There is an abandoned castle you are more than welcome to reside in temporarily."

"I'll take you up on that offer."

"Actually," the stallion cleared his throat, "Princess Luna made the suggestion."

"Be sure to give her my thanks."

"Yes, sir." the Commander started to walk, "Well, no time like the present."

"I brought you girls down here for one reason," Princess Celestia spoke, her voice echoed off the cavernous ceiling. "With the suggestion and approval of the other three aliens, I am tasking you six to hide this obelisk," her horn glowed soft yellow, lighting the torches behind her, revealing the obelisk.

"Where will we hide it?" Twilight asked.

"I do not know. That is for you all to decide. I can not know about it. When you find a safe place to secure it, Twilight, please cast a memory erasing spell so that it can remain hidden," Celestia instructed.

"If you don't mind me askin', Princess? Why are we takin' all these precautions?" Applejack inquired.

"If what the aliens said is true, then the fewer people who know about this obelisk the better," Celestia stated.

"What about the other ones?" Pinkie questioned.

"They can be used as decoys. As long as this one does not get into the wrong hands nor Grey's hands, we should be safe."

"What's gonna happen if Grey touches it?" Rainbow wondered.

Celestia had a grim look, "Most likely the end of our world as we know it."

The seven ponies stood in silence and darkness for a short moment.

"An important tip," Celestia broke the silence, "magic does not work on it and destroying it is out of the question."

"There goes my idea," Rainbow Dash deflated.

"Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!" Pinkie Pie bounced around, "Have you guys ever lost something you had a second ago, and you look aaaaallll over the place, but don't find it? Until you find it out in the open?!"

"What are you getting at, dear?" Rarity asked.

"We hide the obelisk in plain sight!"

"Yes," Twilight agreed, a light switching on in her head, "And I know the best place."