• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,592 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,592

Re-Bad End

"Hm?" Onyx said aloud.

"What's up?" Rainbow Dash asked, noticing Onyx weird face.

"Oh, nothing," Onyx put the binoculars in their pouch, "I just thought I heard someone call my name."

Rainbow Dash thought it would be a good idea to search from the sky but they were not successful in locating Twilight. After what she witnessed in the Everfree Forest, she did not want Twilight in the cultists hooves any longer. Her frustration built to a shout. Onyx smacked his head.

"I know where they are," he stated.

"What? How?"

"Because I felt a massive surge of energy in the Badlands and since I'm a betting man, I'm willing to bet the cultists are there preparing for a full-scale attack."

"Wait? What?" Rainbow Dash was confused.

"Everything they did up until now was to drain magic and gain power. Twilight is missing and she is a well of untapped magical energy. When they drain her of her magic we might not be able to stop them," he explained and unfurled his wings, "Go tell Luna to prepare the guards to rescue Twilight in the Badlands. I'm going to go bring Kyllgorr."

"You got it!" Rainbow Dash zoomed off towards Canterlot in a rainbow streak.

Grey's skin crawled and he felt strangely irritated. He pulled the amulet Darqlon created for him out of his pocket. If war was coming, now would be the perfect time to wear it. With his combat knowledge back with him he would be able to protect Luna.

He stared at the empty chair next to him and sighed. Where had Cobalt Blossom disappeared to? With Princess Luna assembling the guard, he hoped that CB would pop up soon. He activated the amulet which shrouded him in shadow then hardened into armor.

When he opened the door to the forge, a regiment of guards stood at attention listening to Commander Adamant Aegis. While the veteran pony was no doubt giving them a motivational speech, Grey had no desire to waste time not looking for his new assistant. Plus, he wanted to speak with Luna.

He waited patiently in the court room while Luna ordered her guards. Half of the guards would go to the Badlands and the other half would help evacuate the city. The fact that Princess Celestia was not present did not escape him. Did she personally search for her student? It would not surprise him if she did.

"Lord Grey Wolf," Princess Luna addressed him, he moved forward, "I would like you to lead the guards on this rescue mission."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Thou art the only one here with experience commanding an army into battle. We will stay here to govern my ponies while mine sister is absent. If bloodshed is unavoidable, so be it, but we would like to see this resolved peacefully," she directed.

Grey sighed, "With how things have gone thus far, bloodshed will be unavoidable. Something out there is able to control and manipulate ponies, who knows how many it has at its command," He placed a balled fist over his heart and stood at attention, "I will lead your guards and I will stop at nothing to quell the threat."

The midnight alicorn stepped down from her throne, levitating a golden sash with the Equestrian coat of arms on it, "With our power as co-regent of Equestria," she placed the sash over his shoulder, "We name you Brigadier General of the Royal Guard."

Grey bowed, "Thank you, your Majesty, I will not fail you or Equestria."

Onyx nearly broke down the green door of the small cottage by knocking on the wooden door. "Kyllgorr!" he shouted, "Something big is about to happen. I think the cultists are preparing to attack!" He heard voices on the other side of the door. "I know you're in there! We could use all the help we can get."

Amy placed a hoof on Kyllgorr's shoulder, "You have to help them, Killy. If it is as bad as Onyx said..."

Kyllgorr huffed, "Onyx always exaggerates in his stories. They're a small cult, what can they do?"

"Please, Killy? If not for the Princesses, can you do this for me for your brother?" She hated to use Wolf to guilt him, but she knew Kyllgorr could defend Equestria from the cultists.

He growled as he got to his feet and turned to her his eyes faintly glowing, "I will make them all pay for his death."

Onyx was about to knock on the door again, when Kyllgorr barged out, sending Onyx to the ground.

"You're flying me there," Kyllgorr asserted.

"Shouldn't we just go in there?" Vinter inquired to the new Brigadier General, as they and the rest of the forces blockaded the Hive.

"Only if you want to die, Adjutant," Grey replied, "We would be funneled into their defenses. Tell the unicorns to prepare their biggest fire ball spells to launch into the cave. We will smoke them out."

"Yes, sir!" Vinter ran down to the regiment of unicorn guards.

Grey turned his focus to the skies, where the regiment of pegasi hovered. He thrust his shield in the air, ordering them to hold a defensive grid. Vinter ran back to him, Grey saw the unicorns with their heads back and globes of fire at the tip of their horns. He held up his sword, then sliced down, ordering them to fire.

The barrage of fire all found their way inside the cave. Flame erupted from the mouth of the cave. Buzzing could be heard. Immediately, a swarm of Changelings emerged from the cave. The wave of black crashed against the pegasi.

"Unicorns, fire at will!" Grey commanded.

The regiment of unicorns followed their orders and launched fire at the ranks of the Changelings. Larger Changeling warriors stormed out of the cave, charging at him. Grey ran towards them, sword in air, and the guards charged after him with a war cry. Grey easily cut down the warriors and smaller worker changelings, he had to push through to get inside and rescue Twilight, if he was not too late already.

After a grueling twenty minutes of battle, he made it inside the cave. He turned back to observe his forces and frowned. They fought valiantly but the Changeling numbers were too much to overcome. He was surprised to see Vinter charge through a warrior and run up to him. His dark coat and wings covered in their green blood and red blood of his comrades.

Grey grinned, "Let's go rescue the Princess." Vinter nodded with a sword in his mouth and the two proceeded deeper.

Darqlon tapped his horn on the Herald's head, she collapsed, holding her head. When the pain subsided, she managed to get to her hooves, and could see the world better than ever before. No longer did her vision cross nor did she see two different things. Tears began to flow from her new eyes. She fell to Darqlon's hooves.

"Oh, Master! Thank you! Thank you!" Ditzy Doo sobbed, "All my life. . ."

He placed a hoof under her chin and smiled, "I promised to cure you. You have served me faithfully and I reward those who serve loyally."

"I can't thank you enough, Master!"

"Save it for later, Ditzy, we have to prepare for the upcoming battle."

"Yes, Master," the grey pegasus picked herself up from the ground.

The abyssal black alicorn walked over to the Harbinger, who bowed respectfully to him, "And I have not forgotten about your service, Trixie."

"Trixie? How could you?!" Twilight shouted, gripping the bars to her cage, "After everything that has happened?"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie does not have to answer you," Trixie snipped.

"Darqlon. . . why?" Celestia asked crestfallen.

"For your power of course. I find it amusing how easy it was to manipulate you," he said arrogantly, stepping up to her cage. "You, and your sister and every magical being does not have the right to control nature. Magic is artificial and a plague. You believe in balance and harmony? You have destroyed the balance and harmony of your world." Darqlon sighed, "I suppose it is wrong of me to accuse you, Celestia, but the child carries the sins of their parents. I know it is not your fault, but you will pay. I will make sure every magical being suffers for disturbing the natural order of things."

"We only wanted to survive!" Celestia rebutted, "My parents and all the alicorns before me, did what they could to protect our world from destruction. Is it so wrong to want to live and not die?"

"Without death and destruction, birth and growth can not be achieved. You think your species, your world, your universe is the first to be destroyed? It is all a part of life. Your people's selfishness caused the premature extinction of all life in your universe. As the God of Law and Order, I can not turn a blind eye to this injustice. Since I can not return home, I will create a new universe here and those Faithful to me will be reborn to a better and natural way of life," Darqlon monologue.

Twilight did not know what to think. What did he mean magic is a plague? What happened to the alicorns? There was so much her teacher had failed to teach her let alone mention. "Darqlon," she spoke up, "If you could give us a second chance and teach us-"

"No!" Darqlon roared. "I am not the Goddess of Mercy! I have passed my judgment! Your reckoning is upon you. You will atone for the actions of your ancestors." He picked up Twilight with his red magic and pulled her out of her cage, slamming her onto the ground, in the middle of the engram. He ripped out the heart of the lavender alicorn with is magic, routing her magenta power into his Changeling army, making them grow threefold in size and tenfold in power.

"No!" Celestia cried out helplessly, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Master!" a Faithful pegasus ran up to him and bowed, "Scouts have spotted the Canterlot Army advancing. As you said, a man with black armor is leading them."

"Excellent," Darqlon grinned devilishly, "Prepare my army."

Grey could not believe his honey eyes: Darqlon loomed over a bloody lavender alicorn, a hundred dark cloaked ponies waited for them, and Princess Celestia locked in a caged, her will drained from her. He snarled and aimed his sword at the black alicorn but his body did not move. With great strain he tried to move any part of his body and failed.

"Thank you for coming here, Grey. I did not want to go all the way to Canterlot with out my instrument of destruction," Darqlon spoke, sauntering towards them.

Vinter dug his hoof into the ground about to charge. A sharp pain stung his side. He looked back and saw Gray's sword embedded in him.

"No!" Grey growled, unable to control his body, "I'm so sorry, Vinter. . ." The pony bat coughed up blood, his eyes rolled back, and he fell to the ground. "What did you do to me?!" Grey demanded.

"Nothing at all, Grey. I am simply controlling the armor I created for you," Darqlon smirked.

"You bastard!" he spat into the face of Darqlon.

Darqlon grimaced and materialized Grey's helmet, placing it on his head, "Wait here for me."

Grey shouted but the helmet left him mute.

Darqlon levitated the sword on Grey's back out of its sheathe and made his way to Celestia. She gazed up at him with hopeless eyes, accepting her fate. "Celestia, this is the way it should be." She hung her head. Darqlon quickly pierced her heart with the blade and absorbed her golden powers. She collapsed to the ground with a sigh and tears in her eyes.

The black alicorn turned to his followers, "We march to the capital, my Faithful!"

As they neared the capital, Kyllgorr and Onyx saw the black swarms of Changelings massing around Canterlot. Kyllgorr spurred Onyx's collar and tilted Onyx's head by his horns to the city under siege.

"I know!" Onyx roared, "I am not your horse!"

"You are until we get there, pony boy," Kyllgorr retorted.

Onyx began to regret letting Kyllgorr ride on his neck.

The obsidian dragon swooped down, emitting blue flames from his maw, roasting scores of Changelings. Kyllgorr jumped off of Onyx and slammed into a group of Changeling warriors, instantly crushing the one he landed on, and then crushing two of their heads together.

Onyx was confused as to why Chrysalis would lead an attack, after promising that she did not want to see her people suffer. He decided to head for the castle and find her.

Darqlon felt the presence of Kyllgorr and Onyx. He made his way, with Grey, to Kyllgorr.

Kyllgorr spotted Darqlon and Grey headed for him and immediately knew something was wrong: they were not attacking the Changelings. He pounded the head of a warrior into the ground with his foot and ran to them. He barely had enough time to dodge Grey's slash. Now he knew he had to kick Grey's ass.

The two juggernauts fought for minutes, but with Grey being armored, all of Kyllgorr's blows had no effect. He fell to a knee, breathing hard and bleeding profusely. He felt Grey's blade skewer him through the chest. He grabbed the helmet and tried crushing it to no avail. Grey kicked him to the ground, blood gushing out of Kyllgorr's chest. Kyllgorr saw Darqlon's smug grin.

"You. . . you killed my brother. . ." Kyllgorr accused, holding his chest.

"Obviously."

With one motion, Grey lobbed off the great demon's head.

Onyx saw Changelings fly past him as he rounded the corner. Poking his head, he spotted Princess Luna in the hallway. She saw him, too. He ran up to her, sheathing his sword, as she began to wobble.

"What's going on, Luna?" he inquired, holding her up.

"We know not," she exasperated, "They fell upon us like black snow."

"They are bigger and stronger than the ones I met before," Onyx pointed out.

"Yes," Luna sighed and smiled at Onyx, getting her second wind, "I do not think Chrysalis is behind this. She would have shown her self by now."

"So who is controlling the Changelings?"

"I am," a voice rasped behind them. They saw Darqlon and a listless armored Grey at his side.

"What?" Onyx drew his blade, unfurling his wings to shield Luna, "Why!"

"This world is long over due an extinction," Darqlon stated, pointing a hoof, he launched Gray at the dragon.

Onyx blocked and reflected Grey's sword attack, only to be knocked back by a shield bash. He knew what came next. Grey stabbed Onyx through the stomach. Onyx spat up blood and tried to stab Grey in the neck but his blade broke against the armor. Grey removed the blade from Onyx.

Onyx fell to his knees, warm tears rolled down his cheeks, "Things. . . were different over here, Darqlon. They did not need to follow the rules of our universe."

Luna stood still, terrified and shocked.

Darqlon rushed past Grey and kicked Onyx to the ground, "That is where you are wrong!" He forced his hoof down into the face of Onyx, splattering his head like a cantaloupe.

Luna watched in horror. Her eyes shifted to Grey who lumbered towards her. She saw Darqlon's red magic remove Grey's helmet.
Grey was crying.

"I'm so sorry, Luna."

Tears welled up in her eyes, "I do not blame you, Grey." His blade found her heart. She gasped, "I. . . love you. . ."

Grey screamed in agony and frustration, "Curse you, Darqlon! I will fucking kill you! I will destroy you! I! WILL!"

Darqlon put the helmet back on Grey to silence him. He went over to Luna and absorbed her blue magic.

In one day, Canterlot and Ponyville fell; the following week, all of Equestria fell, save the Chrystal Empire. Princess Luna had warned Princess Cadance. Shining Armor and the crystal ponies, along with Discord, resisted but ultimately met Grey's blade. Darqlon had ordered the Changelings not to harm the unicorns, and the unicorns became slaves in their home towns. When his conquest of Equestria was complete, Darqlon absorbed all the magic, and destroyed the universe. A Big Bang exploded and with it, Time and Space were created.

Dèshū [Goddess of Death and Mercy] heaves a heavy sigh, "Oh, Brother."

She rises from her Bone Throne her black lace, white frill dress, hugging her petite frame cradling a crystal ball, walking to her Creation Room. Once inside, the racks full of crystal balls shine beautifully. She places the crystal ball on an empty pedestal in the center of the dark room.

"Darqlon, you big dummy!" she pouts.