• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 1,705 Views, 86 Comments

Martin: The Endgame - CrypticMetaphor



After all of his adventures, the story of Martin comes to an end

  • ...
14
 86
 1,705

Chapter 13: Call To Arms

In the land of Avilon, Lord Highwind was busy with fortifying the local defences in an attempt to prepare for the coming storm which was inevitably on the horizon. He thought back to how the ceremony had been botched and how he lost his royal escort in the ensuing chaos. Highwind looked to the horizon and saw a darkening sky spreading outwards. He then felt two presences land behind him causing him to whip around in an aggressive fashion.

“We need to talk Highwind.”

*

Rainbow Dash was poised to pounce at Alan who was smirking at the threatening display. Alan clenched his fist as his electro-katana formed itself.

Rainbow nodded, “Okay I got to give it to you, that is pretty awesome.”

Alan sneered at the cyan Pegasus, “If you think this is awesome, you’re in for a REAL shocker!”

Twilight shook her head, “That was bad.”

Lupe looked from side to side as Alan’s attention was on the situation before him.

*

Twenty minutes earlier

Aequivalere glanced at Rainbow Dash and Twilight, “I must speak with Lupe alone for a moment.”

Both ponies reluctantly nodded as they left the room. Aequivalere gestured to two chairs nearby as both of them sat down.

Aequivalere sat in silence as he stared motionlessly at Lupe.

Aequivalere then spoke, “I have arrived with news.”

Lupe nodded, “I assume it is of a grave nature?”

Aequivalere shook his head, “Martin lives.”

Lupe’s eyes lit up, “I have to tell the others!”

Aequivalere stopped her there, “No! You mustn’t.”

Lupe tilted her head, “Why not?”

The aspect sat straighter than normal, “Because it must be you who recuses him.”

Lupe was very confused, “But why me.”

Aequivalere sighed, “You are dying.”

*

Lupe immediately levitated herself from sight and silently glided off toward Canterlot as Alan and Rainbow clashed below.

*

Lupe was still in shock at the revelation, “What do you mean I’m dying…”

Aequivalere sighed once more, “Do you recall the battle with Averius?”

Lupe nodded, “Yes.”

Aequivalere stood, “There is a reason your powers are stronger and why you hear voices.”

Lupe thought on it and her eyes widened in realization as Aequivalere voiced her conclusion, “A part of Averius live within you, and your body is breaking down because of it.”

*

Martin felt cold, colder then wearing a wet blanket in winter. He felt his limbs heavy with fatigue and his joints ached even with the most simplest of movements. He heard voices approaching his cell and went limp. He heard Discords voice alongside Chrysalis’s and they both sounded distressed.

Discord sounded nervous, “It seems times HAVE indeed changed Jinx.”

Chrysalis most likely nodded in agreement, “If he keeps this up we won’t have any subject to rule.”

Discord sighed, “I felt safer as a statue.”

The steps receded into the distance along with their voices. Martin was once again left in silence once more as he thought of what Alan might be doing.

*

Alan was slashing at the air ad hurling several bolts of electricity at Dash who was easily dodging around each attack, “Come on, stop trying to hit me and hit me!”

Alan growled in anger, “I’m going to wipe that smirk right off your face.”

Dash stopped in mid-air and made a face at him, “You’re going to have to catch me first!”

She zoomed off with Alan in hot pursuit. Dash began to maneuver herself around several tall buildings which Alan just blasted through unhindered. Dash cast a glance backwards as Alan began to close the distance. She noticed a cloud in front of her and bucked it into Alan who immediately lost control and crashed into town hall. Rainbow landed nearby as she breathed on her hoof and rubbed it on her chest. A bolt of pure electricity plowed into Dash’s chest sending her flying. Alan emerged from the rubble and advanced upon Dash like a lion going for the kill.

Alan grabbed the Pegasus by the throat and lifted her up, “Caught you, Rainbow Crash.”

Rainbow’s eye twitched at her hated nickname. She could barely muster a breath as Alan’s vice-like grip increased in tension. Her eyes bulged out as her vision swam before her; she then thought what a pony like Daring Do would do in this situation. Rainbow shut her eyes and kissed Alan right on the lips which caused him to become distracted but he continued his strangulation. Rainbow was going through several thoughts in an instant as she began to think of a different strategy. She then came up with the most logical one; she brought her head back and slammed it right in between Alan’s eyes. Alan let her go and covered his nose only for Dash to tackle him to the ground and she began to tenderize his face with very powerful hoof swings.

Dash was angry as a Manticore as she continued her assault, “You disappear and then show up as an evil villain?! Will you wake up and smell the smoke you MORON!!”

Rainbow let up for a moment as Alan lay beneath her panting, “Dash?”

Rainbow’s eyes widened, “Alan?”

Alan cringed in pain, “why does my face hurt?”

Rainbow went deadpan as she socked him again.

*

Lupe landed in the courtyard of Canterlot Castle and proceeded to walk in a quick stride. The brainwashed royal guard went to intercept her only for them all to be sent flying by an invisible force. Ghostly flames appeared on her body as she raised her hand and disintegrated a grouping of changelings. She blasted the doors off their hinges and flung them through the main hall decimating any and all that were unfortunate enough to be caught in their path. She shut her eyes and honed in on Martin’s emotions, she found a faint trace below the main level in what could only be the dungeons.
Lupe looked at the floor and began to rip the tiles up piece by piece. Several guards and changelings rushed her only for the tiles to create a miniature cyclone around her. Several guards and changelings were smashed in the face and hurled aside as a sizable hole opened up. Lupe leapt down and landed with a soft thud and proceeded through the many hallways. She stopped in her tracks as the room swam and a sharp pain stabbed her brain stem.

*

Aequivalere placed a hand on her shoulder, “I am afraid the effects will persist until…”

Lupe nodded, “I get it. I just need to ask this…was all of what was happening to us leading to this?”

Aequivalere nodded, “To put it simply, it began with Martin and it will end with him.”

Lupe sadly nodded, “I was afraid of that.”

*

Lupe coughed violently as a bit of blood appeared in her hand. She narrowed her eyes as she wiped it on the wall and pressed onwards. She slowed when she passed a cell that seemed to have a large hole blasted in the wall leading to the outside. She smiled as she continued to run; eventually she came to the last cellblock and saw a familiar figure lying on the floor.

Lupe smiled, “Martin!”

Martin stirred and barley sat up.

*

Alan stared at all of the wanton destruction he caused and it all accumulated at his eyes landing on the crater. He ripped the trench coat off revealing a black t-shirt underneath; he looked at Dash and the six with shame.

Alan looked away, “What they did to me…they broke me and threw me behind a wall of emotion. What I did, you have every right not to forgive me.”

Twilight looked down and then smiled with a caring look, “We understand Alan. Discord and Chrysalis have ways of altering pony’s perceptions.”

Alan nodded but then gritted his teeth as he looked to Canterlot, “I need to go help Martin and Lupe.”

Applejack stepped forward, “Were comin with you.”

“Not without assistance you’re not.”

Everypony turned to reveal Princess Celestia and Luna dressed in royal battle armour backed by over a thousand griffin warriors along with Lord Highwind. Twilight and the six ran to their monarchs and expressed their great relief at seeing them both again. Princess Celestia looked at Alan who nodded and shot off at breakneck speed as the sun broke through the clouds.

Princess Celestia turned to the assembled forces, “Alan Washington shall thin their forces allowing us an opening, when the opening appears we shall take back Equestria!”

Princess Luna looked at the six and placed the elements of harmony upon them, she then conjured armour on each one, “For your protection.”

Princess Celestia stamped a hoof as she turned her sights to Canterlot, “My little ponies, prepare for war.”

*

Alan was rushing through the sky at break neck speed toward the castle. On a balcony overlooking the area stood the villains who noticed the human.

Discord stroked his beard, “He’s coming back awfully fast.”

Jinx exhaled in annoyance, “Great, he broke through the wall.”

Chrysalis looked down onto an extremely large battalion of the villains forces and said two words, “Take him.”

Then the sparks began flying.

*

Lupe helped Martin to his feet as he leaned on her shoulder for support, “Come on big guy you’re not done yet.”

Martin chuckled dryly, “And here I thought I could get a nap.”

Lupe began to help him through the hallways and to the large hole that was in the ceiling. She levitated both of them inside the location.

Lupe looked around at her surroundings, “Oh shit.”

They came up into the throne room by mistake.


*

Alan cut down the last of the changeling forces as Celestia and the army arrived with gusto. Alan looked down at the six who were rushing into the castle in gold armour. Alan turned his attention to the balcony and narrowed his eyes in righteous fury. He raised his hand and directed a bolt of lightning at the three villains who were taken off guard.

The balcony was loose beyond belief as it groaned threateningly, Chrysalis had one of her wings burned as she grasped for a hoof hold. Discord floated over to Jinx who grabbed Chrysalis’s horn.

Chrysalis was frightened as the balcony collapsed, “JINX! Pull me in!”

Jinx raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

Chrysalis’s eyes widened as explosions resonated in the background along with the sound of bursting stone, “ARE YOU MAD!?”

Jinx leaned forward, “Considerably…,” he then let go of her horn.

Chrysalis wailed as she fell and cursed Jinx’s very name before she vanished in a large black cloud of dust.

Discord turned to Jinx, “Why did you do that!?”

Jinx grabbed Discords beard and stared straight into his eyes, “She out lived her usefulness. And don’t ever raise your voice to me again child!”

Discord pulled away, “Fine…”

Jinx suddenly straightened up as he blasted the doors off their hinges and entered the throne room to see two familiar humans, “YOU!”

*

Martin regained himself at the sound of Jinx’s voice, “LUPE RUN!”

Lupe put Martin down as she rushed the elder aspect. The world moved in slow motion as she blasted Jinx with a volley of psionic fire which was deflected. Jinx smacked her down with the back of his hand, but Lupe refused to stay down as she threw more objects at Jinx and blasted him some more. Discord merely backed into the shadows and he vanished in a flash. Jinx sneered at the girl who he blasted into one of the tree thrones and pointed at her as she was suspended in mid-air. He then pointed at the ceiling which Lupe hurled into at breakneck speed. He then pointed at the floor and she followed the fingers direction once more. Lupe coughed as she was levitated in front of Jinx; Martin looked up with pleading eyes as he forced himself to stand.

Jinx turned Lupe to face Martin as Alan came in through the opening, “I warned you once mister Fairbridges, perhaps I didn’t make myself clear.”

Lupe then smiled at Martin who yelled out as Jinx snapped his fingers. Lupe vanished in a red mist which
dispersed into the air and vanished. The remnants of her clothes dropped to the ground with fresh red stains on them.

Alan smashed into Jinx as Martin’s muscles tightened with his strength returning. Alan landed beside his friend as they both took aggressive stances as Jinx rose to his feet. His eyes became orbs of gold light as his cloak enveloped him then turned to smoke. Before them was a being whose body was a suit of demonic looking dark grey armour with black trim and dark indigo crystal segments. Radiating from any gaps in the armor was gold energy which was in a higher concentration in the eye holes.

Martin widened his eyes, “Okay that’s unexpected.”

Jinx opened his hand as a sword made of the same crystal that was on his armour formed in his hand.

Alan looked at the bladed up and down, “As is that.”

Alan formed his electro-katana as Martin broke a piece of stone off the wall that was in the rough shape of a sword as the humans rushed the aspect and clashed in the center of the room.

*

Twilight and her friends entered the main hall as they heard the sound of battle outside, their gold armour gleaming. The ponies then heard the sound of clashing weapons as they then rushed towards its source.