• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 1,705 Views, 86 Comments

Martin: The Endgame - CrypticMetaphor



After all of his adventures, the story of Martin comes to an end

  • ...
14
 86
 1,705

Chapter 10: White Knight

Lupe Was forcing Discord on the defensive as she was hurling projectile after projectile at the Draconequus who was having a real had time defending against the human woman’s onslaught.

Discord was more shocked if anything at the fact she changed since the last he saw her, “What is the matter with YOU?!”

Lupe smiled, “I’m giving you what you should have gotten a long time ago…karma!”

Discord was then blasted into a nearby building by a discharge of the ghostly fire, “AH!”

Lupe approached the hole as Discord sat up and looked at the firy girl, “Okay there is a certain level to the amount of weirdness I can take. And Lupe…you have exceeded that amount.”

Discord then transformed into a bird with jets for legs and zoomed off toward the castle as Lupe yelled after him in anger, “COWARD!”

Then everypony turned in the direction of a large explosion of white light.

*

Sortitus stared with an unending fury at his elder brother who merely chuckled as he gazed at the scorched ground, “Sortitus you disappoint me.”

Sortitus zoomed at Jinx like freight train only to be stopped by Jinx’s hand, “surely you can do better.”

Jinx then threw Sortitus into a nearby wall which shattered apart, “You forget I taught all of you everything I know.”

Sortitus stood up and created a spear out of pure light, “Not everything!”

Sortitus swung the spear then threw it right into Jinx’s left shoulder causing the eldest aspect to stagger backwards. Jinx merely regarded the spear with annoyance rather than pain and yanked it out. Sortitus raised his hand to attack only for the spear to go straight through his palm. Just as Sortitus moved to remove it Jinx blasted him with a bolt of black light which shattered Sortitus’s divine form like cheap glass.

Jinx looked down at his critically injured brother as more blood poured from the stomach wound, “That battle would have been more extravagant and long if you had a chance.”

Sortitus grinned and laughed, “You don’t get it do you?”

Jinx tilted his head, “What do you mean?”

Sortitus looked up at his brother has he began to slump, “It was…to…distract…you.”

Jinx turned his head abruptly as Martin right hooked him into a large patch of crystal.

Martin then ran over to the downed Sortitus and saw that he was barely breathing and unconscious but alive. Martin grabbed Sortitus and put him over his shoulder as he took flight out of the cave network and back toward the battlefield. Soon, Martin landed beside Twilight who immediately took notice of the injured Sortitus and was about to ask what happened only for Martin to cut her off with a wave of his hand.

Martin yelled as loud as he could, “RETREAT!!!”

Rarity ran to him, “What about the princess’s?”

Martin shook his head, “There’s no time!”

Rainbow Dash landed next to him, “Did you find Alan?”

There was a loud explosion where the crystal caverns were and Pinkie Pie said quickly, “Time to go.”

Twilight enveloped all of the ponies that assisted them and ported out.

*

Jinx burst into the throne room in a rage which caused Discord and Chrysalis to cringe as he glared at them, “WHERE ARE THEY!”

Chrysalis was nervous, “Who?”

Jinx blasted Celestia’s throne into ash, “THOSE ALICORN SISTERS!!”

Discord was both surprised and terrified, “Their gone?”

Jinx was about to answer until Zalpha entered, “My lord…”

Zalpha noticed Discord and Chrysalis waving and mouthing “No” only for Jinx to turn around, “what.”

Zalpha stared at Jinx’s livid expression, “Our troops…our awaiting your orders.”

Jinx merely answered by putting his hand on Zalpha’s head…then snapping his neck in one quick move.

Chrysalis yelled out something but silenced herself when Jinx turned to her, “I ask one simple thing of you all and you can’t even do that much.”

Jinx advanced on both villains as his voice dropped onto a low and cold tone, “I’m starting to question whether or not you’re still loyal to our cause. If you weren’t you would be both a traitor and a failure and you know how I feel about both. You’re not traitors are you?”

Discord and Chrysalis shook their heads and spoke at the same time, “NO!”

Jinx smiled, “Good.”

Discord stared at Jinx as he reassembled the throne, “So what’s our next move?”

Jinx smiled, “Oh WE don’t do anything.”

Chrysalis stared at him confused, “What do you,” a look of realization crossed her face, “I see now.”

Jinx sat in a relaxed posture, “I consider this a game of chess, Martin has moved his piece and now I am about to move in for the capture.”

*

Martin and the six were in the hospital with all the other injured ponies from the botched siege. However The Six, Martin, and Lupe had all been sitting outside of a patient room from a few hours now until Nurse Redheart and The Head Doctor exited the room with grave expressions.

Nurse Redheart approached the group, “I fear his wounds are fatal, he doesn’t have long. He has asked for you Martin.

Martin nodded as he entered the room to reveal the aspect lying on the bed with his robe still on and tarnished by Sortitus’s own blood. Sortitus turned his head and smiled.

Martin approached him, “I thought you couldn’t die.”

Sortitus looked at the ceiling, “Popular misconception about the aspects. Like the royal sisters we are ageless, not immortal.”

Martin sat down, “Starting to feel a little regret?”

Sortitus smiled, “Nah, I’ve been in worse situations.”

Martin looked at the dying aspect, “Why did you risk your life to save me. You could have stayed away,” He started to become saddened and angered, “You could have lived! But you threw your life out the window; you have a family that needs your guidance for godsake!”

Sortitus just looked at Martin as he continued to fume, “All the stuff you did I know was for the greater good. But we need yo-“

Sortitus placed his hand on Martin’s head and the world turned white.

*

Martin felt his body but at the same time saw nothing of his body, almost like he was looking through a window. What he was looking at was Aequivalere following him through the marble halls of what could only be Sortitus’s.

Aequivalere was yelling at Sortitus who was not listening to anything he was saying and Martin seemed to follow him like he was on a rail track, “Brother please be reasonable! you can’t go down there and fight! Your wounds from your battle with Averius have not yet healed.”

Sortitus stopped and turned to Aequivalere, “That doesn’t matter now; the multiverse cannot afford for Martin to die.”

He turned and left Aequivalere with ominous words, “Besides, I am not long for this world.”

Martin just stared in amazement as the scene exploded into white.

*

He was back in Twilights library the hour before the siege when Sortitus stood before the door.

Sortitus turned to look at the group, “Despite everything I’ve done to your lives…it was for a good reason.”

Sortitus vanished and Martin went with him.

Sortitus appeared before Celestia who stood and hugged him, “Teacher.”

Sortitus smiled with tears in his eyes, “My student. You have grown into a kind ruler and a powerful mare;” Sortitus pulled away slowly, “The student has become the master. Be well, Princess Celestia Solaria of Equestria.”

Princess Celestia looked after him with a concerned look, “Teacher?”

Sortitus looked at her with a saddened smile, “I am afraid this is our final meeting my most prized and beloved student.”

Celestia began to cry, but Sortitus wiped the tears away, “Do not weep for me, you must be strong for your subjects and for your sister.”

Sortitus placed a hand on her head and remade her crown, “It still looks ravishing on you.”

Sortitus then vanished and instead of the world exploded into white it vanished into black.

*

He stood outside Canterlot and looked around; he noticed a chariot with pegasi pulling it waiting as Twilight was approaching it after saying goodbye to her brother. Spike was nowhere in sight however and he noticed a familiar white Alicorn watching her until it transformed into a unicorn instead and approached her.

The unicorn smiled as he levitated the book on the elements of harmony to her, “You dropped this on your way out.”

Twilight Sparkle took the book, “Thanks.”

Sortitus smiled, “Keep that book close and never let it go. Oh and Miss Sparkle…”

Twilight looked at him, “Yes?”

Sortitus smiled, “You’re going to have a great day.”

The scene faded.

*

Sortitus appeared out front of two story home and smiled as he floated up to the top most windows and entered. Martin looked at the house with surprise as he realized that it was his parent’s old house. Martin appeared with Sortitus in a room decorated with various animals on the wallpaper and a white crib. Martin appeared beside Sortitus and stared into the crib of a one year old boy who looked at Sortitus with a smile and cooed.

Sortitus smiled down at the child, “Martin, never forget that you are destined for greatness. You will save many and be loved by many. But never forget this-“

Sortitus turned and looked at Martin, “I shall and always will be your friend.”

*

Martin awoke and stared at Sortitus who was smiling at him, “You were always there watching all of us and pushing us along. You were always the reason why I never felt like I was destined for a regular life.”

Sortitus shook his head, “I merely paved the road, and it was your choice to follow it.”

Sortitus then looked to the sky and sighed as his being under his cloak began to glow white. His being began to break into white sparks which vanished until there was nothing left but a dirtied white cloak.

*

Martin walked out with the cloak in his hand as everypony in Ponyville watched him stand still. Rarity gently took the cloak as Martin looked toward a still smoking Canterlot. All of this was interrupted by Pinkie Pie approaching at break neck speed.

Pinkie Pie stopped panting, “Library…at…must…”

The Six, Martin, and Lupe followed Pinkie to the library and stopped as they saw someone standing there.

Rainbow Dash smiled, “ALAN!”

Alan Washington turned at the sound of his name, “Hey.”

Martin looked at him and saw Alan was wearing black boots and matching shirt along with pants. He was also wearing a black trench coat that reached to his ankles as he stared with a blank look at all of them.

Rainbow Dash was all smiles, “I KNEW YOU WEREN’T DEAD!”

Twilight was happy as well, “How did you escape?”

Alan looked to the side, “I didn’t, I was released.”

Martin was tense as he stared at his friend, “What’s with the Sylar look?”

Alan shrugged, “Jinx said I might as well look the part.”

Martin was shocked, “What part?”

Alan pointed directly at him, “The part of the guy who beats you.”