• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 801 Views, 283 Comments

The Terror of Nightmare Night - Vanilla Mocha



When Vanilla Mocha tells her party guests she made her annual Nightmare Night party a bit spookier than usual, nopony ever expected what was going to happen.

  • ...
3
 283
 801

Chapter Nine

Her dull green eyes looked around calmly. She didn't understand why these random ponies were acting so frustrated. "What is going on?" Her dry, monotone voice asked.

"Mocha, we... We're just trying to get out, that's all." Galaxy reminded her.

Vanilla didn't get it. Why were they trying to get out? As her eyes scanned the room once more, she noticed Paradise had sat down, looking at the ground. Eclipse was panicking, constantly moving around, trying anything to trigger some sort of magic. Quillton had also stopped, and like Paradise, was looking to the floor for an answer. Galaxy sat by his side, also saddened. The strange, furry, short pony, that called himself Garfield, also took a seat on the dark, cold floor.

Mocha stood up and trotted beside them. She bowed before Paradise. "Your majesty."

Paradise looked up. "What do you mea- ohhh," she began to chuckle, "This is just a Nightmare Night costume."

Vanilla looked at her in confusion, as she had also forgotten what Nightmare Night was. Then, she looked at Garfield, and did the same.

"I'm sorry I didn't bow before, Princess," she told the cat.

"I'm not a princess!" He crossed his arms.

"Oh... Then," she turned back to Paradise, "I am also sorry to you, Queen."

Paradise smiled, knowing Mocha didn't seem to know what was happening, but yet she had an idea of what was to be done.

"I've been waiting for my Queen," Mocha continued, "Ever since I arrived I had this small voice inside telling me that a ruler was coming."

"Wait, what?!" Paradise exclaimed. Everypony looked to Mocha for a deeper explanation.

Her monotone continued as she spoke. "The Queen is supposed to come, and take over. We are her subjects," glancing at Paradise, she said, "I welcome you to your rightful land."

"Must've been what The Terror did to her," Quillton whispered to Galaxy. However, Mocha still heard him.

"The Terror?" Her eyes widened.

"Do you know of her, dearie?" Quillton asked.

"That's The Terror," Mocha pointed at Paradise, "She's the queen."

The winged mare gasped. "What? No I'm n-"

Eclipse cut her off. "Of course she is, Mocha! Who else?"

Surprised, the group looked up at Eclipse. "Speaking of which, we must talk with her. In private." Turning around, the group walked off a little, but not too far away from Mocha. As they got out of hearing range, Eclipse said, "Sorry about that, Paradise. But I think that if we just let her think you're the ruler, then she might listen to us, and then maybe we can get out faster."

"That... Actually is a pretty good idea. But how will we get out?" Paradise replied.

"I don't know... Galaxy, Quillton- you guys are the time travelers. How do we get out?" Eclipse asked.

"Well, since the only source of getting in is not here with us... It'll be hard to find a source out..." Galaxy sighed.

"Not to be negative, but... If there is any way out." Quillton added.

The group slowly walked back to Vanilla, who looked at them sadly. She knew something was not right when everypony sat down again- including Eclipse. She trotted over to him, and awkwardly wrapped her hooves around his neck, trying to hug him. Of course, after forgetting what a hug was, she felt weird and out of place doing it, making it awkward.

"What are you doing?" Eclipse asked, half smiling.

Though the question was rhetorical, she answered anyways. "I am giving you a squeeze." However, Mocha did not hug tightly. She lightly hugged him, acting as if it was weird to make physical contact.

Eclipse chuckled quietly. "Okay." His voice quietened and the six friends sat in the darkness in silence.

"Will we ever get out of here?" Garfield finally asked.

"Why would you want to get out?" Mocha asked, letting go of Eclipse. Sitting herself beside him, she continued, "I don't know why any living being would want to leave here. I personally find it nice."

Garfield's eyes widened, and his pupils shrunk. "You- You think that this dark, drippy, lonely place created by a monster to hold her subjects in is nice?! You like it?! What kind of demon did this to you?!"

"Demon...?" Redsopine asked. He sat in the middle of the group.

"Who are you?!" Paradise exclaimed. Red only glanced at her.

"You're from the train, right?" Quillton asked the stallion.

"Yes..." He lowered his eyebrows as he turned his attention to the earth pony, "Yes, I am."

"How'd you get here?!" Eclipse questioned him.

"I fight demons in every dimension," he said as he pulled out his sword, "I wouldn't be a demon fighter if I let them loose into other worlds."

"Great!" Eclipse looked at his friends with a smile. They all looked at him, smiling back, "Can you tell us how to get... Out?" Looking behind him, he noticed Red had vanished. "W-where'd he go?!"

Galaxy shrugged. "I guess Tacitus was right when he said that we was apart of... What was it?"

"Wolfpack," Paradise replied, "I, too, study history- but not the same as Tacitus. I study more ancestral topics, while Tacitus studies science and society."

"Ohhh..." Galaxy absorbed the information.

Eclipse looked back at his marefriend. "I'm so sorry, Mocha... It looks like we won't be going home."

"Home?" Her eyes brightened.

"Yeah..." Eclipse looked down, and sighed, saddened.

"Home?" She repeated.

"I miss Dream Valley," Paradise said,"That was my home. That's where I met Surprise, and Daffodil... And Mocha, when she came to our library. She always enjoyed reading the books there."

"I sometimes miss Jon... He cooked really good lasagna. And sometimes that dog, Odie. Nermal... No one could ever miss him. But yeah, I guess I miss my family. It's hard living alone among ponies all of a sudden." Garfield added.

"I have never moved, but I travel a lot with Galaxy Nebula." Quillton said.

"We both get homesick, though." Galaxy finished Quillton's thoughts.

Vanilla Mocha gasped. "Home... Home..? Home!" She stood up, and within seconds, her eyes were glowing white. The shining light blinded the group of friends; going from everlasting darkness to the illuminating light was painful. Closing her eyes tightly, she rubbed her head, and looked up at her friends. Opening her eyes all the way, she smiled widely. "E-Eclipse?!" She ran forward and hugged him tightly.

"Squeeze," Eclipse whispered. Clearing his throat, he said, "I'm glad you're back, Mocha..."

Looking around, Vanilla noticed Paradise, Quillton, Garfield, and Galaxy. Smiling even wider, she picked them up using her magic, and let them join in on the hug.

Letting go, she looked around again. "Where... Are we?" She asked nervously.

Her friends explained, and Mocha's eyes widened in fear and anger.

"...And now we're here, but we can't see very well to get back. Even if there was any light, we don't know how to get out of here to begin with." Galaxy finished.

"Wait... Then who let you in? Who let me it?" Mocha asked.

"The Terror summoned us to get you after she trapped you here in the first place, dearie." Quillton replied.

"She used dark magic, or normal magic?"

"Mocha, she's a changeling, it wasn't either-" Eclipse began.

"What did it look like?" Vanilla asked again. "What did the magic look like?"

"It was just... Normal green magic. But I couldn't tell if it was just green, or if it was evil." Eclipse said, Paradise and Galaxy nodding in agreement.

Putting her hoof to her chin, Mocha thought for a moment. "I might know a way out..."

~~~

"C'mon..." Breeze mumbled, stuffing a DVD into the player on Mocha's TV in the coffee shop.

"Breeze... That's the VHS player," Shadow said, "It isn't going to go in there, it'll get stuck."

"Oh... I knew that!" Breeze took it out and put the new movie into the other box. Starting the show, she flopped onto the couch. "A colored, modern movie- with real horror! What we should've been watching to start with." She smiled.

The group sat down in the room and began to watch the movie.

"I love you, Shining Armor..." Princess Cadence said on-screen.

"I lov-" Shining Armor began to say. Twilight Sparkle, as an alicorn, ran onto the scene. "Stop, Shining! She doesn't really love you, she's an impostor!"

Tacitus tilted his head. "I thought the royal wedding was before the coronation of Princess Twilight Sparkle."

"Applewood can't do anything right, you know that." Daffodil replied.

"Pffft, who cares? It's an action and horror movie... In color!" Breeze said.

"I kinda have to agree with Breeze, here. It's better than the headless horse film we were watching earlier." Thunder added.

"Shh, let's just watch it." Frost whispered. Everypony quieted down, and their eyes glued to the screen.

"This is day going to be perrrrfect~" Princess Cadence, on the movie, began to sing.

The Terror, whom was sitting beside the sofa, looked up. "What is this movie based on, um... Tacitus?"

"I already said the royal wedding," He turned to face The Terror, "It was a big thing that happened about a year ago in Canterlot." Tacitus answered, taking another sip of his latte.

"Yeah! It had this epic battle in it between the ponies of Canterlot and the evil Changelings!" Breeze pounded her right hoof into her other hoof. "The Wonderbolts were there, and so were the Princess's soldiers! It was so cool, I wish I would've been right there to help fight off those buggy monsters!"

"Um..." The Terror sighed.

"Oh... Sorry..." Breeze apologized.

"Let's just have fun. Within a few minutes all of our friends will be back, and everything will be back to normal. Let's just chill." Thunder said as he lowered the lights in the room, making it darker.

Daffodil sat up and trotted to the back of the room. Frost followed her. "Anything wrong?"

"Oh? What, no. I am just bored of that movie. It's hard for me to watch things that aren't accurate... But what can you expect from Applewood?" Daffodil Spark replied.

"Ah, I see. Well, wanna talk? Thunder did say to have fun. Besides, being lonely back here would not be very nice."

Daffodil smiled. "Sure. So, you're into the Neighponese Samari?" She noted Frost's costume.

"Yeah, it's interesting to me."

"That's really cool."

"Yeah, I really like how-" Frosted Shard was cut off when a roaring noise came from the TV. On the screen, the changelings were flying into the castle, taking Celestia hostage. The bug-like ponies flew in and out of the castle. Even though they were actors, the special effects and costumes made it seem very realistic, like as if they had real Changelings as the actors. But, of course, it was just unicorns and pegasi. Chrysalis panned into the camera and began to smile wickedly. "Just as planned!"

"Hey, where'd The Terror go? She was just here." Tacitus asked, looking up from his coffee.

Shadow held up the mirror. "She hasn't messed with this, at least, not that I know of. I've been holding it the whole time, so..."

Frost gasped. "Turn the movie off!" Turning towards the TV, she pointed to the screen.

"Why?" Charming Thunder asked.

Daffodil's jaw dropped. She realized what Frosted meant. The earth pony exclaimed, "Do you know how offensive that is?!"

Suddenly it snapped. "Do... You think she hid?" Charming Thunder asked as he turned off the movie.

"Perhaps," Frost said, "We just need to look for her. We don't know what she could be doing."

"Um... Hey there, Terror... Terror...!" Breeze called. There was no reply. Breeze looked around nervously. "Heh... Sorry..."

"It's not your fault, Breeze. But, it's like watching a vampire movie about the batponies being bad, and us not comforting you by telling you it's just a movie- especially if it was based off a real event that you couldn't help." Daffodil Spark said. Breeze smiled.

"I guess we should've had more explanation for her," Tacitus added, "It's also nice to know about history the way it really happened, not by movies."

Shadow Wing nodded in agreement.

"Let's just focus on finding her," Daffodil said, "Like Frost told us, we don't know where she is or what she is doing."

The group wasted no time in looking for the odd changeling. However, she was hiding in plain sight- The Terror was invisible, sitting right in front of them.

Author's Note:

Sorry for calling you The Terror, Paradise... Heh. :twilightsheepish:

Chapter Ten is almost ready! ^^ I think it'll be done before Christmas ^^

Also, y'all know the routine. It's unedited... And anything constructive criticism would be nice. Also... I don't want my OC to be the focus of attention. And, as another reminder- if you feel like your OC isn't getting enough attention (or vice versa) you can comment or PM me and I'll be sure to fix it for the next (and final) chapter.