• Published 30th May 2012
  • 708 Views, 24 Comments

The Exegesis of Frozen Waters - HolyJunkie



A first-hand account of Equestrian history can be scary to those who maintain the utopia.

  • ...
 24
 708

Chapter 14

[CHAPTER 14]

"What in Equestria is this tripe?" Sydney asked, looking through the script Silver had finally finished after a month of straight work.

"It's an account of Equestrian history," Silver replied impatiently as he moved his new akubra off of his forehead., "A first-hand account, really."

"It's a whole lot of tall tales, science fiction, and utter nonsense, that's what it is. I thought I told you not to write such false crap! If this Frozen Waters guy existed, how come he's never mentioned by anypony?"

"I assure you, it's all true," Luna said as she stepped through the office door. Alongside the younger sister was Frozen Waters.

Sydney lost his mind. It was almost instinctive that he tried to bow, but he accidentally hit his head on the desk. "Princess Luna!"

"This is Frozen Waters," Silver introduced.

"Oh, so you took his name and made a fictional character from it?" Sydney asked, "I'm sure he appreciates i-"

Silver grabbed one of Sydney's trophies- one with a sharp point- and threw it into Frozen's gut- more specifically, where some vital organs are. Luna didn't seem to flinch. As the immortal dropped to the floor, Silver pulled the trophy away.

Sydney had the understandable reaction of screaming.

Frozen's pained groans faded, and he got up. The deep wound started to fade at a rapid rate, eventually vanishing entirely. Unlike the wounds long ago, the new stab left no scar.

Sydney still tried to scream, but ran out of breath to scream with. "Breathe," Luna said, trying to comfort Sydney.

"Dude! Silver! What on Equestria was that?" Sydney yelled.

Silver remained standing still with a blank expression on his face. Deep-down, he was very giddy. He turned to look out the office window to see just about everyone looking like something truly awful just happened.

Well... something did, kind of. Silver didn't feel proud about up and stabbing Frozen, but that book did take bloody forever to get through. It also indirectly resulted in being threatened, and almost killed by other ponies.

"Hey," Frozen said to the producer, "The Princess and I want to support this film."

Sydney's eyes grew to the size of dinner plates. Silver saw the reaction, and remembered displaying something similar when he first heard the plan two months ago. Neither of the sisters had ever given support to the production of a film in the entirety of Equestrian film history. They went to pre-screenings and premieres before, but never full-blown support.

"Alright," Sydney replied, "But... the script is horrible!"

Silver flattened his lips in annoyance. He was pretty sure Sydney was referring to the level of violence that would be shown throughout the film.

The producer continued, "And it'll be extremely difficult to work with. I mean, I don't even know how we'll get the Rhino scenes by themselves. They hate our guts almost as much as gryphons."

"It's accurate," Frozen replied, "It's fair. They can acknowledge that."

"We'll talk to them," Silver added.

Sydney sighed, "Talk to Rhinos?" he asked in utter disbelief.

Sydney repeated the phrase "Talk to Rhinos" a couple of times, each time audibly indicating he can't believe such a phrase was possible.

"It's so violent," Sydney finally said as he picked up the script with his magic, "We shouldn't put ponies through something like this."

"We've been through all that already," Frozen replied, "We are not foals."

Sydney sighed once more, and then put the script back onto his desk. "Very well," he said, "An entrepreneur is a pony who takes risks, after all. I just hope the payoff is good."

Green Light... That was all Silver could think about now. At last, something new. Now he only had a library-based pilgrimage to pull off while the film was being created.

---

Silver had been to grand premieres before. He'd been to every one for a film he wrote. It was part of his job, after all. The paparazzi ponies that write and photograph for those popular culture magazines like having the minds behind new developments present for anything worth noting.

For instance, the first film that received support from a winged unicorn- Princess Luna of all ponies. The latest project by the company that brought the public The Last Earth Pony and The Wonderbolt, from the revolutionary mind "Sydney." The scriptwriter gagged at the thought of some headlines in the very near future.

The theatre was packed. Mostly by cast, crew, and media. There were few faces the scriptwriter didn't recognize.

"Silv, good to see you back in the game so soon," Gold's voice reached Silver's ears.

"Gold," Silver turned to his brother- who was sitting a seat behind him, "Gonna tear this trite a new flank?"

"I make a habit to express neither excitement nor dread," Gold replied, "It helps keep me impartial and unbiased. We shall see how this film holds up."

Silver smiled and said, "Thanks, bro."

Gold didn't smile. He kept that impartial face as he said, "Anytime, bro."

The theatre milled with the assorted barely familiar faces until everypony reached their respective seats. The lights dimmed to a spot shining on the front stage next to the massive screen.

Sydney walked onto the spotlight, next to the director of the film, Clapper. They had a speech prepared, namely to sell the film on the fact that it's supported by Princess Luna. Silver clopped his hooves together with the rest of the audience when each time for applause came. He personally just wanted to see the vision he wrote reveal its life to the world for the first time.

It was a rare feeling- the kind only a select few can truly experience.