• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 4,260 Views, 202 Comments

The Costume 3: A New Life - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Cody continues to live his life as an anthropomorphic Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
30
 202
 4,260

As Long as I Have You

Author's Note:

I know you guys already want another one. I have decided I will make another one and plan to make start it tomorrow. On one condition. If I can get 100 upvotes, and the dislikes stay under thirty, I will start the next one, since I have an Idea already of wht I'm going to do. So, hit that like button! :D

I gave a big heave as Derik and I hauled the last box up the wooden porch steps, and into the house. What are we doing, you may ask? Well, it's been a long six months since I had bumped into Derik, and since then, our relationship had reached heights I never thought I'd have with another guy since I used to be one. Now, I'm an anthropomorphic version of this Rainbow Dash character from a tv show called My Little Pony. It was just a few days ago, we were just going for a walk, and he asked if I wanted to move in with him. Of course I accepted, or I wouldn't be here, unpacking my things from my mom's truck.

I really can't bring myself to believe my life has taken such a crazy turn, nor do I think I ever will. I mean, I'm a humanoid pegasus of the opposite gender! And for those of you who don't know, it was last year's Halloween when this happened. My friends came over with 'a plan' for the best Halloween ever. Turns out they all put on these costumes that turned them into the main cast of My Little Pony. I thought they were just regular, yet strange, breasted costumes, and when I was told to put mine on... well you know the rest.

A couple weeks later, after my mom had had enough of me hiding, and isolating myself in my depression from the loss of my manhood, she wanted me to get out of the house. She told me she didn't want to see her first child waste his life away, so she sent me out for a while to try and adjust. That's when I met Derik, my boyfriend, which led to me getting a...job, which I don't feel comfortable mentioning. And since then, our relationship has been building, to where I can kiss him without a second thought. But I'm still a bit skeptical of it all, since I used to be a dude. So, that's how everything happened, and fell into place.

"Finally...we're done!" Derik sighed and flopped himself down onto the couch next to the door, where I sat next to him and stared at my hands.

"Now all you have left is to unpack, and find out where everything will go!" Mom teased, leaning on the left side of the door frame. She's trying to act all rich, and prissy with her work suit on, and her long and curled auburn hair, since she got off just a couple hours ago. She works in some office building.

"Woman! You are evil! You just sat and watched us unload!" Derik protested, breathing heavily.

"Um, do you have arthritis in your back?" Mom snickered, and gave Derik a sly smile. He didn't say a word. "Unless you want me to break my back, I'm not moving anything heavier than fifty pounds." She deadpanned, crossing her arms.

"Well sorry!" He muttered, and turned to me. I looked away from him. Lately I've been having confidence issues I can't explain really.

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I gotta go shopping. See ya! I love you Cody." Mom said before leaving and closing the door.

"Me thinks your mom is on her period!" He whispered into my ear. Through my hood, anyway. Couldn't help but giggle at that, and the fact it would have been a chuckle if I was still a guy. "And why do you always have that thing on? I can't see your beautiful face with it up!" He smiled at me and brought my hood down, making me blush. He looks just the way when I met him, except with different clothes, being a black t-shirt with a picture of homer from the Simposons, playing a guitar which was on fire, and khaki shorts.

"I...I don't want people to see me..." I said just above a whisper, pulling my hood back up.

"Nobody can see you with the curtains closed, plus, why would it be an problem? You used to be a-"

"Dont even mention that! I hated having to do all that! I don't even know how people liked me!" I snapped, standing up from the couch, careful not to trip over the coffee table.

"Woah, Rainbow, calm down! It's okay!" He stood up as well in front of me, wrapping his arms around me into a warm hug.

"I just really didn't like being there. I felt out of place. Like, the other girls were pretty, and weren't humanoid horses...like me..." I sighed, returning his hug.

"Are you implying that you're a freak?" He asked, pulling away from the hug, as he gazed into my eyes.

I said nothing and turned my head to the floor in shame.

"Rainbow, look at me." He said sternly, moving my head up. "You are not a freak, you hear? They found you beautiful, and I know you're beautiful! Okay? Youre a very pretty girl." He smiled. "And I'm so lucky to have you as my girlfriend." He smiles a bit wider into a grin, placing a hand on my cheek. "I love you so much."

I continue to say nothing, rather I turned my head to the floor again.

"I know you don't want to tell me, but I know you're depressed about something, and it's my job to be there for you. So please just tell me what's-"

"Why me...?" I whispersed so quiet it was nearly audible to me with my increased hearing.

"What was that you said?" He tilted his head in confusion.

"Why me?"

"What do you mean by why me? Please tell me, you're worrying me badly right now."

"Why did you choose me? Me out of the thousands of normal, human woman, who are much prettier? You had Candy, cause she was single, and and those other hot chicks who worked there who might have been single! Plus the fact I used to be a guy, j-just like you! How...how does all that not matter? What did you see i-In me!?" I started off quiet, then I had gotten louder and my voice became shaky since I had started to cry. "A guy as wonderful as you deserves better...much better than...than this!" I gestured to all of me.

"Why did I choose you? I chose you because, I've dated a couple of those girls, and all they wanted was sex and money, and they were so controlling over me. Any other girl...I don't know anybody else really, and when I bumped into you, I felt this spark I've never gotten before. And even when I found out you're actually a pony...to be honest, it made me feel good inside to know that the love of my life is special! And I mean that in a good way. And the guy part is a bit weird for me, and you told me you felt the same about that. So what it comes down to is...why shouldn't I want to be with you!" He sighed after he finished, and held me close, gently stroking my mane. "I truely love you, very much, with every fiber of my being, okay?"

"Okay. I love you too." By now, I was blushing on a scale I never thought possible. My cheeks hurt from it! I let out a sigh of relief as he held me, my head on his chest where I can hear his heart beat beating at a constant rate. A smile made its way onto my face as I kissed his cheek.

"Be happy, okay? Your birthday is tomorrow anyway. I bet you'll just love what I'm gonna get you!" He said tightening his hold on me, making me feel safer in his arms, knowing I have somebody I can trustz and be in love with at the same time.

"I will. As long as I have you." I sighed happily, nuzzling my cheek into his neck.

"But for now, how does some Panda Express sound?" He smiled down at me, moving some of the red portion of my mane out of my eyes.

"I could go for some orange chicken right now, so that'd be nice." I smiled as he took one of my hands in his.

"Maybe you would like to drive?" He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a pair of keys, one belonging to his old Datson.

"I was hoping we could fly there. Since I'm a pegasus and all." I teased, stretching out my wings.

"Oh...I'm afraid of heights..." He twiddled his fingers.

"Oh..."

"Nah, I'm kidding, but how would it work?" He asked, tilting his head again.

"Like this!" I tightened my grip on his hand where I led him out to the curb under the bright sun. "Get on!" I said with my back turned to him.

"Okay, then" He positioned himself on my back, with his arms and legs around my sides. From what it may seem like, I just got over my 'issue' in an instant. I'm still upset about it, but I'm just really happy right now to know I'm loved by someone.

I crouched down a bit, fully extending my wings out. "Ready?" I turned my head to face him.

"Yep!" He slid his shades down over his eyes.

I gave a good thrust of my wings, and shot up into the air about four stories high.

"WOOOOAAAAAHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! OH. MY. GOD!! WAY TOO FAST!!" he shouted, agrasping onto me for dear life

"What, can't take it?" I joked, coming to a stop in mid air.

"It was just...I just...you, and ZOOOM!!" He muttered from loss of breath, breathing heavily, trying to find the right words to say.

"Oh, cause that totally made sense!"

"Rainbow?"

"Yes?" I asked turning my head back to him*

"Fuck you." He said sarcastically, followed by a kiss on my cheek.

"Fuck you too." I smiled back at him, blushing from the kiss. I then began to fly forward with Derik on my back.