• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 4,259 Views, 202 Comments

The Costume 3: A New Life - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Cody continues to live his life as an anthropomorphic Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
30
 202
 4,259

Getting Ready for Tomorrow

I hate crowds! That's why I don't like people seeing me, because they always ask what my life is like, how o turned into this, and stuff like that. Six months was a long period of time for people to figure me out, plus the fact I was in an episode of a tv show. You may be thinking that the government got involved, and wanted to experiment on me. Well, they didn't care, because they thought it'd be an embarrassment to work on somebody who turned into an anthropomorphic Pegasus from a little girls show, having their gender changed in the process. Other than that, I was 'famous' for about two months, and soon people got used to me. But some still were overjoyed and 'honored' to be in my presence, and swarmed me like mosquitoes.

So, after my triumphant victory over that thug of a crow, I came to land next to Derik.

"Rainbow Dash, can I have your autograph!?"

"Where can I get one of those costumes!?"

"I love you Rainbow Dash!" They chanted, phones out, flashing, and watching my every move. God, these people are like the press!

I tried my best to hide my face in my hood, as Derik came to my rescue.

"Okay, people, back off!" He shouted, covering me from their view. "Go back to doing whatever it was you were doing and leave us alone!"

Grumbles and grunts were heard as their raised phones disappeared back into their pockets, and they filtered out of the lot in their cars.

"Thanks, Derik." I gave a sigh of relief as he came to hold me close.

"Hey, it's my job, so no sweat." He rubbed my back, then took my right hand in his. "Shall we be heading back now?"

"Yeah. Who knows if they'll come back."

"So, flying, or are we walking?"

"Walking." I said as I leaned into him.

Back at his house, my friends turned pony were there on the porch, having some idle chit chat as we walked up the steps. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were sitting on the swing, Rarity was leaning against the door, nd Twilight and Applejack were sitting on the two chairs by the window. We got to the top of the steps where they greeted us. They no longer wanted to he called by their regular names, just like Annie, so I had to get used to calling them by the character's names, as well as them acting as the characters.

"Howdy y'all," said Applejack, as she got up and patted me on the back. "Are ya ready for the big day tomorrow, Rainbow Dash?" She smiled warmly, hooking an arm around the back of my neck.

"Oh, I have the most fabulous dress made out for you, Dashie! I know you weren't always the one for style, but I'm sure you'll like what I have for you." Rarity giggled, taking my hands, putting her chest to mine like girls always do.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. It's gonna be my first party like this. As 'Rainbow Dash'."

"Dont worry, Rainbow Dash. We've got quite a surprise for you. You're sure to have a blast!" Said Twilight.

"I don't know. I didn't instantly accustome to being a pony like you guys did. I'm still getting over losing my manhood. Other than that, it's okay." I shrugged slightly.

"Anyway..." Rarity began. "We don't want to accidentally spoil anything, so...let's talk about you guys for a bit, shall we?" She asked, pointing as me and Derik.

"Well, shirt story shorter, we went to Panda Express for some Orange chicken, and before we started, a bus boy saw me and fainted, since I'm currently Rainbow Dash. So we left, and a crow took my chicken, and I chased it until I got it back, and we came back here!" I shrugged again, taking a seat on the side of the porch.

"Wait...you ate meat!? But...but you're a pony! Ponies don't eat meat! Chicken is meat, darling!" Rarity exclaimed with an expression of shock.

"Actually that's not true. There are some herbivores that will eat meat. For example, bunnies are one. Deer I think is another, and ponies will. Plus we aren't exactly ponies, we're still half human, soo..."

"Oh, you and your technicalities!" She scoffed, crossing her arms. "Cannibal." She said sarcastically.

"What's Panda Express?" Twilight Asked.

"WHAT!?" Pinkie gasped in surprise, grabbing at her mane. "YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO PANDA EXPRESS!?"

"Can't say that I have. Is...is it like some sort of panda import export thing? Like, is that even legal?" Said Twilight, sounding a bit confused.

"NO!! It's a fast food place! The best Chinese around! And there's nobody Chinese that works there!" Pinkie continued to shout, as she held Twilight against the wall by her shirt.

"Oh...heh heh heh...my bad?" She replied awkwardly, with a sheepish expression on her face.

"Anyway, I hate to be away from you, Rainbow, but we're gonna go to your parents place to set up the party for your birthday, and I want you to stay here, okay?" Said Derik, with his hands on my shoulders.

"But...but..." I began to stammer, hoping he might change his mind.

"You'll be able to see me tomorrow okay? Plus, Rarity offered to stay here to keep you company!" He smiled, and pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you, Derik." I said softly, giving in to arguing any further, resting my head against his chest.

"I love you, too, Rainbow." He whispered in my drawn back ear, as he ran his fingers through my hair. "Wry much. Now be a good pony, you hear?" He chuckled a little at his joke before he let me go.

"Okay..." I sighed as he began heading down the stairs with everyone but Rarity. "Bye..." I watched as they gathered around Twilight at the sidewalk. Her horn lit, and with a pop, and a purple flash of light she was gone with the rest.

"Oh, don't worry, Darling. Just know he loves you. Besides, they've got a pretty big surprise for you!" Rarity exclaimed and hugged me tight. "Now, then!" She said a few seconds later, breaking away. "I have a few dresses for you, and you need to choose which one you're going to wear tomorrow!" She smiled wide as she took my hand and led me into the house. "Plus, whatever...this is, simply cannot do! You need to look fashionable! You need to look grand! You need to look...unique!" She said with a wave of her white furred hand as she went into the dinning room, where she grabbed a suitcase that had been sitting on the table.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing!?" I asked in surprise that she basically implied I look rediculous.

"A simple pink shirt with a black star in the center, and jeans are nice."

"Then, why did you-?"

"BUT! That's if we're talking about formalities! This is a special event, Rainbow Dash! You don't go to a party all...formal like! It's improper! Especially if yours the highlight, since it is your birthday! I simply refuse to let you go like that!"

"Um...okay..." I watched as she brought it over to the coffee table, and she began to rummage through it.

"Go try this on!" She said as she solved a neatly folded set of clothes into my chest. I simply shrugged and made my way into the half bath.

"Fine..."

*****

18 hours later...

After a grueling six hours of playing dress up, grooming, 'glamouracsizing' as Rarity called it, and all that none sense, Rarity had just finishined up the last few touches to my 'flawless beauty'. God, I feel like a dress up doll! And it's almost been a whole day I haven't said a word to Derik, and what was I doing during that time? Well, yesterday was spent unpacking after choosing my dress, and then we just sat around until we got tired and went to bed. Then, at six in the morning, Rarity woke me, fed me a light breakfast to save for the party, then came the role playing as a 'dress up doll' part.

I stand here now, in front of a mirror with Rarity behind me.

"You look simply Devine!" She squeed slightly, doing a few little hops. "What do you think!?"

"It's pretty. I like it, I'm just not acquainted with wearing this type of clothing."

I started at the image of me in the mirror, with my mane brushed and silky, with a little shine to it. Instead of falling towards the right side of my face, Rarity had it flow more along with my forehead, and a twirly bang on the left side. She brought the back of my mane into a long braid, held by a hair tie with a lotus flower on the side where it ends.

Thank goodness she didn't use any makeup on me except for this cheek blush stuff, and a little bit on my lips to color them red. And for my dress, it's a cream yellow, with a white collar, and purple buttons down the middle, and a long skirt which were vertically striped cream yellow, and purple. it's simple, but I'd prefer it that way, and I'm glad she didn't go all out on me.

"Well, it's just for today. Now, we need to get going! Everypony is waiting for us, especially your mom, since she's been waiting at the front for the past ten minutes."

"Okay, let's go."