• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 620 Views, 64 Comments

Stories of a Shade - ConfettiColored



Ever wonder why Dark Magic is so powerful? Enter the world of a family of outcasts gaining acceptance to find out why...

  • ...
13
 64
 620

Chapter 19

At this point I was ready to go home and take a nice long nap. Lord knows I needed one, but I had one last fight to do. Of course. It didn't help that me and my siblings were the only members of our team that were willing to kill, because that made it feel like we were carrying everyone else on our backs. And before you say, "Oh, why would you kill them? They're only doing this because they've been brainwashed," just let me say that if you were in my situation, you really don't care. I just wanted to get this all over with. Anyways, we were doing pretty well for the first five minutes, but then the shock of our sudden attack wore off, and we were getting steamrolled. I don't really know what anyone else was doing, I just focused on me. The moment I freed the Princesses, a blue earth pony came up to me and tried to punch me in the face. I sidestepped before plunged my claws into the back of his head, killing him instantly. I tried to remember what Roam had told me to do. Unfortunately, I didn't realize one of the cultists sneaking up behind me, and because of that, I got punched in the back of the head.

"OW!" I yelled, trying to focus on striking back, but he had hit me pretty hard, I was seeing double. After my first few claw strikes failed, I decided to make a small earthquake. That bought me enough time for my vision to return to normal, and when it did, I struck the Unicorn with a fireball. I cringed a bit at the sight of his burning corpse, before running over to where Roam was. I encountered another attack from an Earth pony along the way, but this one was smart enough to bring a weapon. Except for the fact that it was a wooden club. He took a wild swing at me with it, and I slashed through it effortlessly. He didn't seem to get the fact that reinforced steel beats wood any day, because he genuinely looked surprised when his weapon broke. He was so dumbfounded that I almost felt bad for killing him. Almost.

"Hey, Roam," I said when I got to him. "Who do I attack next?"

"Help your sister with Blood Oath," He said while putting a cast on a wounded Pegasus.

"Yes, sir," I said.

Artemis was having a not-so-good time. She was fast enough so that she didn't get hit, but she also couldn't break through the frontal shield he conjured whenever she got close enough. I remembered what the ponies at the underground lab said about Blood's weakness. I snuck up behind Blood while he was occupied with my sister and stabbed the inside of his bleeding horn.

"AHHH!" He cried out, which made me feel pretty good about myself. That is, until he turned around and looked at me murderously.

"Oh, boy, here we go," I muttered before turning tail and flying in the opposite direction.

"GET OVER HERE, YOU LITTLE PUNK! TRY TO KILL ME, WILL YA!?" He roared from behind me. I felt a sudden magical burst headed for me, so I flew up to the the ceiling before looking down at where I was before, finding that it was now a smoking crater.

"DIE!" The blood-stained Unicorn yelled, shooting another blast at me, but this time I used a reflect spell. His shot rebounded towards him, but he quickly dashed away.

"Jeez. For a body like that, he sure moves fast," I said under my breath before shooting a stream of icy wind his way. It froze on contact, and I walked up to plunge my claws into his horn again. I did, but the impact shattered his frozen prison, and he still wasn't done, but he looked a lot more angry now. I tried to fly away, but he caught me in his psychic grasp.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said in a sadistic whisper. He looked pained, and tears were streaming down his face, but he looked triumphant. I tried to blast him away, but this time he summoned a force field. This was it. I had just spent my last ounce of energy with that attack. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the pain, but it never came. Instead, I heard Blood Oath scream in pain and rage again. I opened my eyes and saw Artemis and Roam heaving me off the ground and headed for the medics.

Author's Note:

You probably hate me for all the cliffhangers, don't ya?