• Published 6th Sep 2015
  • 1,796 Views, 20 Comments

Existential Secrets - Black Hailstorm



Hailstorm has spent his entire life living like any normal human, until 6+ months after his 18th birthday where he begins having dreams. Every time he raises the issue he is ignored or given vague answers, but the truth could lie beyond that mirror.

  • ...
5
 20
 1,796

Chapter 5: Comfort at Acres

Author’s Side Note: So just a heads up I will be switching between first and third person in some of the chapters from now on, I’ll be sure to make it clear so there is no confusion.


A stroke of light hit me in the face through the curtains as I lay on the bed effortlessly trying to stay awake. Feeling the sudden glare of light hit my eye, I recoiled automatically into the covers of my bed hissing partially as I did so. “Ughhhhhh” groaning I slowly poked my head out from the other side of the bed.

“Just what I needed, getting blinded after staying awake the rest of the night” I grumbled as I slowly slid out of bed onto my hooves and began searching for my glasses. It took about half an hour of frustrated searching under covers and anywhere else I could think of in the small pleasant room till I realized my eyesight was actually better without them (and they had been long destroyed during the timberwolves incident).

I suppose horses have better vision than humans, I thought making my way downstairs to the hall I found Spike, Twilight and Applejack already waiting there.

“What’s going on here?” I asked raising an eyebrow, although the smell of pancakes made my stomach growl and drew my attention to the fact that I needed food before I tackled any strange event the world would throw at me. Luckily Spike seemed to have anticipated this and brought down some grass pancakes for me.

My nostrils flared at the scent, taking in the sweet and delicious smell I could feel my mouth already starting to water, as syrup was poured so lavishly on the pancake goodness.

Twilight giggled at the look of excitement and hunger that seemed to fill my original groggy state, “Sit down and eat” she said. “Applejack’s here to show you around Sweet Apple Acres.”

My ears perked up at the mention of Applejack’s barn, but hunger pushed the thought aside swiftly enough. Digging in greedily, while at the same time forgetting my manners (although when you’re in a different body you can’t really blame a guy) I finished the pancakes within a few minutes, smacking my lips and licking them once I was done.

“Best. Pancakes. I’ve ever. Had” I declared holding back an eructation.

Spike puffed his chest out as he gathered the dishes, pleased to have another pony enjoy his great cooking talents. “Thanks” he said proudly. “I do my best” a sly grin slowly spreading across his face as he crossed to the kitchen.

Twilight rolled her eyes with a smile on her face as Spike disappeared to do the dishes. Turning her attention to Applejack she said “So do you want to take him right now?”

“I don’t see why not, plus I gotta get on back to my chores. I’m sure I could get him to help around ‘n the meantime” the last sentence sounding more compulsory than a choice I had. Deciding I didn’t like how I was being treated like a child who was going to have a sleepover for the first time at a friends I spoke up “What exactly is going on here?” specifying my distaste of where the conversation was headed.

“Don’t you remember? Princess Celestia said we’d all take turns showing you around” Twilight said with a foreleg raised. “Besides I’m sure Applejack wouldn’t mind the extra help” she said turning her head to Applejack who nodded with approval.

Now I definitely didn’t like where this is going. Although since I only knew small parts of Ponyville thanks to the dreams I didn’t really have much of a choice. The two mares were waiting for my response both staring with casual smiles as if nothing bad could go wrong at all today. Looking up at them I’d decided I would tell them my decision: “Alright I’m fine with that. Let’s go” and without waiting for Twilight or Applejack to agree I trotted right out of Twilight’s castle.

Twilight stared at Applejack with a look that seemed to be asking “Was it something I said?”, a shrug was the only response she got from Applejack who trotted after him. Knowing for sure that if she didn’t take the lead their new friend would surely be lost.


Now reaching the gates of Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack took in a deep breath and exclaimed at the top of her voice “Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres!” In a flash (literally Flash would’ve been impressed) there were three other ponies that seemed to appear out of thin air. One of them a red stallion with orange hair, a slightly older filly with red hair and light olive coat and an elder light green mare with hair that had grayed from age.

And as soon as they appeared Applejack began rattling off names. “This here’s my big brother Big Mac” the red stallion gave a cheerful smile that literally made me smile right back. It was infectious. The filly who appeared to be about teenage age, (never could really figure that out in my dreams) also had a big toothy grin and before Applejack could introduce her she stated “I’m Apple Bloom, Applejack’s younger sister!” she said excitedly.

The energy that came off of Apple Bloom was nonetheless refreshing, and finally Applejack introduced “Granny Smith” who nodded at me. Applejack continued to speak once introductions were done “We hope you have a pleasant stay here at Sweet Apple Acres” she said with an honest smile.

For a second I thought my heart had stopped. Oh wait no that was just it skipping a beat I reassured myself still gawking at the brilliant smile Applejack gave off. Although feeling the honest warmth and affection radiating off the family started to make me feel...uncomfortable. “T-Thanks” I stuttered. “I’ll help out anyway I can”, despite the fact I just wanted to go and sleep (which I couldn’t do) I felt that this meet acquired me to help out in any shape or form I could offer.

This just seemed to make Big Mac’s casual smile broaden.

“Applejack why don’t you have uh Hailstorm here help you out with your chores” Granny Smith offered, “Exactly what I planned on doing granny, alright now Hailstorm c’mon and lemme show you the ropes” she said trotting away with Hailstorm in tow.

*****~*****~*****

“You’re kidding right?” I asked watching as Applejack skillfully bucked an apple tree knocking all the apples out of its branches.

“Why would I joke about this?” she asked walking by him and bucking another tree.

This is absurd. “How do you expect me to do that without an axe?” I asked once again forgetting my current situation, the muddled look Applejack gave me a reminder that I no longer had opposable thumbs or even fingers for that matter.

With a sigh that came out louder than necessary, “Alright so how do I buck these apples down? I’m not exactly an expert like you and the others you know?” I intoned.

“Don’t ya think I would’ve thought of that” she quipped pointing an accusing hoof at me. “Now come over here and I’ll show ya” she gestured to standing in front of a tree she was at.

Complying with her wishes I did as I was told. And so she took up a position nearby me where another tree was directly to my right.
“Watch closely now” she said

I did just that, from the form she took to getting on her front hooves, kicking back her hind legs and bucking the tree with just the brace of her hooves I saw it all. And strangely enough I found myself slightly intrigued by the form she took. “Well go on try it” she said snapping me out of my thoughts as I pictured myself doing the same thing.

Giving it a shot I took my stance. Hooves firmly on the ground I did exactly as Applejack had done going on my front hooves just a little and not enough to make my faceplant I hit the tree with as much force as I thought would shake the apples. To my amazement it worked as I heard apples fall out of the tree.

“You did it!” Applejack exclaimed more from surprise than excitement. “And so easily to” she said.

And boy was she right. I did do it a little too well if you ask me. No sooner had all the apples fallen into the basket did the tree begin to rock back and forth like it had been placed on a swing that was being moved by the gentle breeze. Next thing I knew was the tree I bucked toppling forward, towards me.

“Mommy” I squeaked as I looked up seeing the massive piece of wood falling towards us, luckily for me though Applejack tackled both of us out of the way.

Groaning through the pain that now creept its way throughout my body I felt stiff and slowly turned on my front rising up on my hooves. My eyes must’ve been spinning because at the moment I felt dizzy. “Applejack” I barely managed to say clearly. “W-wh-where are you?” turning around I saw that the mare lay fully sprawled out on the ground. From what I could barely see (since I was so dizzy) she didn’t look hurt just out of breath by the sudden tackle of faith that may have taken more of a toll on her than it did on me.

“Right here” she called slowly moving her forelegs together so she could get up. Once up she trotted over to me and placed a hand on my back to steady the misguided pace I had been making since assuming a standing position. “Here why don’t we uh let you get some rest instead, you seem kinda tired” she said softly.

Stomping my hoof on the ground my world now slowly coming to a steady pace I said “No no I can help out I just need to control my strength is all” although Applejack gently placing a hoof to direct my face to where she actually was dispirited me. “Alright fine, let’s head back to the barn.”

She nodded and together we made our way towards the family barn.

Within a few minutes I was back in the barn and Apple Bloom had kindly showed me to a bed they had for breaks which I immediately flopped down on and closed my eyes. My head was starting to hurt now although the dizziness I had felt earlier subsided. It was still sunny out and the warm rays of sunlight that hit my coat seemed to send a calm, placid feeling of peace to me.

Within minutes, I was out, once again jumping into the world of those eccentric dreams.


<(((((O)))))>

“Anger” the voice of a smooth bass spoke. “It’s all I’ve ever felt” the dark blue eyes of a goldish brown alicorn said as he walked outside the cottage of his new home.

Two more years have passed since those eight years ago I declared revenge, the goldish alicorn thought. “And since then I haven’t made a move.” His ears twitched as voice from within the cottage beckoned him to come back inside. A crystal blue colored mare with red eyes stood at the cottage’s door.

“Vin come back to bed” she yawned, “It’s too early to go on those monologues I hear you do almost everyday” she sounded slightly irritated but the playful note in her voice was clear. “C’mon back to bed alright?” she asked walking up to the goldish alicorn and stroking his face gently with a hoof. Smiling at her the alicorn raised his own hoof to embrace the mare’s touch, as if it were the warmest thing he’d ever felt in years. “I will Ember” he told the earth pony, leaning his head in and kissing her forehead he added “I’ll be back soon just give me a minute alright?”

The crystal blue mare nodded and cast one more look at her husband before walking back inside. The alicorn watched as his significant went inside and with a creak heard the door shut.

The moment she was gone the smile that had so nicely embellished the alicorn’s face disappeared. For a while he didn’t say anything he just watched as the sun slowly began to rise off on the horizon. In the distance he could see the place that had once been known as the Crystal Empire, now barren and distant.

Ten years ago I declared I would have my revenge, since time has passed that priority hasn’t changed. I will have my vengeance Caliber, I will make sure you feel the pain I felt all those weeks in that hell hole. “That is a promise,I, Vindictive will be sure to keep” he said turning around and heading back inside the door shut, and from within the voice of a stallion could be heard welcoming his father, back from his short trip the only response that came from Vindictive was a small humorous grunt.


“Where are you going?” Ember asked Vindictive as he began walking out of the cottage. It was late at night and being on the borderline of Equestria didn’t really leave you that much space to go travel, especially when your only cover was the nearby forest.

“I’m going to go meet the others at Yak Yakistan, I scheduled a meeting with them and I intend to keep it” he stated setting one hoof out on the ground. “Tell Poison Dart dad will be back home soon” and with that he spread his goldish brown wings, feeling the wind run through his feathers and their red tips as he walked away from the cover of the cottage, about to take off he was halted by a tug on his tail.

Turning his head back towards the cottage he was met with the warm burning kiss of Ember, who broke it within a few seconds of contact. “Don’t do anything stupid alright?” she pleaded her voice filling with increased anxiety. “I don’t want you to do anything that will cause trouble understand?” she said more firmly.

“Promise” he said with a forced smile and then took off.

It only took a few minutes from his cottage to Yak Yakistan since they were not to far away from the former renown spot of the Crystal Kingdom. Landing gracefully nodding his hellos and good mornings to the yak’s he had become friends with in the ten year time span he headed to one of the nearby restaurants. There waiting for him was the a violet coated earth pony whose hair had grown quite a bit since his arrival in Equestria.

Straight Forward smiled at his former leader blowing a strand of his green hair out of his eyes. “Hello boss” he replied in his usual sassy tone. “Been almost 2 years since we last met” he said.

Vindictive nodded. “It has indeed, how have things been inside Equestria’s border?” he asked his tone taking a less friendly and more business mannerism. Although Straight Forward knew what he meant in the question.

“Well I’ve been fine thank you for asking and so has my wife thanks again for being so generous to care” he wryly commented. Vindictive opened his mouth to speak, but Straight Forward cut him off. “I know I know you were also asking about my family in your own way.

“Don’t worry they’re fine, we’re all fine” he said placing a hoof on the alicorn’s shoulder. “C’mon” he said after a few seconds of silence. “Iron Clad and the others are waiting for us at the back of the building” with Forward taking the lead he directed his former boss to where the rest of the crew were waiting.

At the back waiting for him was Iron Clad, a few stallions he knew quite well and one mare who was as he liked to call her his “bargainer”. “Glad to see you all again” the alicorn stated beaming at his almost reformed group. “I know it’s been two years since our last meeting where we decided we’d hold off on things till a proper solution could be formed on how we could” he paused searching for the right word. “Repay our old friend Caliber” the words seemed to be full of ivy, because one of the stallions shifted uncomfortable at the words.

“So what are we here for?” Seller Fly asked. “I came all the way from Manehattan and cancelled a business deal for this” she said dryly. “Construction deals around there have been pretty good so this better be good” she said casting a glance at Iron Clad. The main reason they’d all gathered here in Yak Yakistan in the first place.

“Well Iron Clad? We’re waiting” Vindictive said.

The grey bulky unicorn stepped forward. “Friends thank you for coming here so far off from your ho-”

“Save the formality and just say it Iron” Straight Forward said with a grimace, the impatience on his face was clear and he was feeling a little cold at the same time.

Clearing his throat with a slightly tinge of annoyance he said “I have been working on a way to make sure that Silver Caliber suffers for a long, long time” a gleam in his eyes indicating they thrill he was going to get from this.

“Elaborate” one of the stallions said.

“Oh I will” the unicorn stated in a haughty fashion. Reaching into his saddlebag he brought out a book with letters on it that was titled “Dark Magic and the Curses it Holds”, using his own magic to encase the book while removing it from his teeth he showed it around with a complacent smile on his face. No one seemed impressed, Silver Caliber looked interested though.

“So?” Fly asked. “It’s just a book on Dark Magic what exactly do you plan to do when we haven’t even learnt advanced spells to go into details of casting a curse on someone?” she asked raising a hoof up at the book.

“Oh you’ll see what I mean. Go to page 239, there’s something there that may interest you” the smug look on his face not changing.

Taking the book up in her ruby colored magic Fly turned to the designated page and began scanning the book with a mundane expression. However as she got closer to finishing, her expression gradually changed. “W-what is this?!” she exclaimed

The others had begun to gather around the fire red unicorn, trying to get a glimpse at what exactly had caused to her to look so surprised. Within minutes all the other ponies including Vindictive had the same exasperated expression Seller Fly held.

“Th-this curse can-”

“Can be passed down from generation to generation, the only downside is it skips one generation after its leeched onto a host, then goes to the generation after the second one. A curse that’s been rumored to last forever” he said his smug expression turning into a sadistic grin. “The End of Time curse” he said licking his lips delightfully at the name. “What’s even more entertaining is that it can be modified, to change its effects on each new host after time, growing worse as time passes.

“If that isn’t pure genius I don’t know what is” the glee in his voice was grossly clear.

Vindictive looked at the slightly faded print carefully. The book was old. Real old. Pages that had been in the book previously were either torn from neglect, or most of the ink had faded away with age.

This dilapidated thing is really what we’re going to rely on? This is the best we’ve got? were the thoughts that flew through his mind as he stared closely at the faded print. The End of Times curse indeed, looking over what Iron Clad had basically summarized in shorter terms Vindictive slowly began to nod his head to the idea.

“We’ll try it” he said lifting his head up. “From the instructions here we’ll need a lot more help than this” his head scanning the small group before him.

“Don’t worry about that my liege” Iron Clad said the glee in his voice vanishing as if it had never been there to begin with. “I’ve already got things planned out and have made arrangements in other cities, it took quite a bit of money but” the smirk reforming. “I have an expert who can get things set within three months notice.”

“Some expert” Straight Forward scoffed. “Can’t believe we’re relying on a guy who can only get this thing done in three-” a hoof clamped over his mouth. One of the stallions was doing his best to keep the muffled retorts of Straight Forward down to a minimum. “We’re in” Seller Fly stated once she had received nods from the others.

“Good” Iron Clad said levitating the book back into his saddlebag. “I’ll inform you of what goes on in a week’s notice, for now we should all go back to our normal lives like none of this ever happened” he advised as his face returned to the normal deadpanned expression. Before turning around to leave the grey stallion bowed before his former leader and as he rose to pass by him whispered “I’ll be sure, Caliber never forgets this treat” with a small chuckle the grey stallion’s face resumed its expressionless feature and disappeared entirely once he’d rounded a corner.

All the others watched as their stalwartly friend disappeared back into the streets of Yak Yakistan. No one said anything until a slight smile drew the attention of the remaining members to their leader.

Vindictive’s face had the creepiest smile any of them could’ve expected. All his teeth showing and his eyes narrowed to which were only having a shadow cast over them by his jet black forelock the goldish brown stallion’s body couldn’t help but shudder with excitement.

Calming down within a few minutes of silent laughter, he looked up at the sky holding a regular smile with both eyes staring blankly upwards and said to no one in particular “There’s gonna be hell to pay. And it’s coming real soon.

“Silver Caliber.”

<(((((O)))))>


Shivers.

I was shivering when my eyes shot open yet again. Covered in a cold sweat, my body was trembling like I had been down with a cold. It. Was. Awful. Every fiber in my body felt limp as if I’d been hit with a tranquilizer. What made it even worse was because I knew this wasn’t due to a bad sleeping position, it was fear.

That goldish brown alicorn had it out for Caliber, that’s all I knew. I vaguely remembered why, but what I did know for sure is that, that feeling. That horrid feeling of malevolence felt like it was partially aimed at me. Like it was directed at me

I could still hear his voice in the back of my head “There’s gonna be hell to pay. And it’s coming soon” gulping as I forced the thought away, I shakingly got off the bed and onto my hooves. Worst idea I’ve had.

The moment I got on all fours I collapsed onto the ground with a thud. My body wouldn’t listen to me, it was as if I really was the one this- whatever it was had directed when he said “there’ll be hell to pay.” Try as I might I couldn’t will my body to move. I felt so pathetic, so weak. Just what in the hell is happening to me? I wanted to yell, to vent my frustration out on everything. To flip something with my hands.

But then I remembered. “I DON’T HAVE HANDS ANYMORE!” I shouted pounding a trembling hoof on the barn’s mahogany floor boards. Luckily it seemed that the rest of the Apple family were either too busy or to far away to hear my outburst. At least one good thing happened.

Sighing I waited, waited for the fear that seemed to be grabbing at my soul dissipate before I even bothered to try and move again. The perspiration that I had been making since the dream now left a very faint smudge on the floor boards, as I slowly rose. That however wasn’t my concern, at least not at this moment.

It was still sunny outside when I exited the comforts of the barn and looked across the large fields of Sweet Apple Acres. The cool breeze, calming me and drying the sweat that so firmly grasped my body earlier. “Feels good” I mumbled.

“Oh there ya are!” Apple Bloom said trotting over with a smile. “Applejack sent me here to see how you were doing” she replied.

Not feeling up to the task of holding a conversation at the moment, I nodded “Fine thanks” as afterthought I added “Um...where’s the bathroom?”

~*****~*****~*****~

Within a few minutes I was standing in front of the farm house. “Hm pretty neat” I said complimenting the size. Apple Bloom beamed at me with a smile, then motioned for me to follow her.

Taking in the decor of the room for the first time I found it to be pretty decent and almost human-like. Felt nostalgic in a way. “It’s straight down this hall on your right”, nodding I trotted off down the hall following her directions (although I’d occasionally stop every now and then to look at the pictures that lined the walls). One particular image caught my attention.

It was the Apple family, the entire Apple family taking a picture, with a younger Big Mac, Applejack and Apple Bloom huddled together with their granny and...parents. I felt a tinge of pain at my heart. Looking away I walked right into the bathroom, the fear I had felt slowly creeping in as I turned the pipe. And the sadness I felt from that picture mixing with it.

The shower head rained water down, getting in I simply sat in the bath as the warm water bombarded my body softly as I stared at the running water that went into the drain I couldn’t help but feel bad. Here I was having these awful dreams, and then there were others who had just as much a tough time as I was having. I’d never really known what happened to Applejack’s parents. Hell I didn’t even know them. Though seeing that picture, made me realize something.

I just may never see my own family ever again.

I sighed a tremble creeping into my voice. “This sucks” I muttered my voice cracking as the sadness started to overtake the strength I had left in those words. Biting my lip I didn’t say a word, and just silently let the uncontrollable shivers go through my body. .


Applejack used a hoof to wipe the sweat from her face. “Whooey!” she exclaimed. “Another good days work if I don’t say so myself” she said looking at all the trees she’d taken care of. Although she was feeling slightly annoyed that Hailstorm had never shown up or Apple Bloom had told her what he was up to.

“Guess I’ll give him a piece of my mind once I’m done with a bath” she stated as she began heading towards the farm house. As she passed by the barn she saw Big Mac taking care of supplies he had brought out. “Hey Big Mac you seen Hailstorm anywhere around here?”

“Nope” the red stallion responded.

Nodding Applejack began her slow pace towards the farmhouse, the moment she got inside she headed straight for the bathroom, only for her ears to perk up at the sound of water running.

Hailstorm must be using she thought Though I don’t know why when I all the work. With a tap on the door Applejack said “Hey Hailstorm you mind hurrying it up I wanna take a bath to you know” she said.

No response.

“What the hay is he doing in there?” she asked. “Hailstorm!” she called louder. “Hurry up ya hear!”

Still no response.

This was starting to irritate Applejack. She was about to knock again even harder this time until she heard the water shut off. “Finally” she called.

The door slowly swung open and Applejack was going to greet the stallion with a playful grin till she saw him in full view. He looked...so sad.

Applejack was at a loss for words, unable to think of anything to say at the moment she just stared with a open mouth her eyebrows furrowed with worry.

I didn’t move. I just stared right at her, the same way I had stared at Twilight with that same intensity. Only this time it wasn’t advice I was giving here, this intensity came from the sadness I was feeling and clearly Applejack could see it written all over my face, because she broke contact looking off to the side.

“Yo-You alright?” she asked drawing back; a bit a hoof raised hesitantly.

“Fine” I replied in a callous manner. “I’m sorry but I...I just don’t think I can intrude too long. I’ll um...I’ll go help out with the rest of the chores and be on my way” I said grabbing a towel on my right I draped it over my still soaking head and started to leave the bathroom. “You can use it now I’m done.”

Applejack just watched my slow pace as I left the bathroom leaving wet prints on the ground and droplets of water everywhere from my soaking body. At this point she was biting her lip and had a real nervous look on her face.

“Wait!” she yelled raising a hoof. I stopped and looked at her, my vibe may have been sad but my face was deadpanned. “Yeah?” I asked. She was still biting her lip as if she was mulling over the right words to say.

I waited for her to say something, though she just kept biting her lip. Just as I was about to turn around and leave (and this time I wouldn’t be stopping) I felt a tug on my tail and fell to my haunches.

“Hey what in the”- Applejack had taken the towel on my head and began drying me- “W-what are you doing?” I protested trying to pull away, although she was right in front of me and had made sure I wouldn’t be able to struggle or escape by tossing me towards the wall.

Knowing Applejack , at least from a dream perspective, when she’s like this there’s no way I’d be able to leave so I conceded. The next few minutes just went with silence as she silently dried my mane and head.

“You want to talk about it” I heard her say. There it is. When I didn’t reply though she made the wise choice of not pushing the topic any further.

Once she was done drying my mane and face I took the towel back, a small smile on my face appearing. “Guess you can’t keep your hooves off me huh?” I asked coyly.

Applejack chuckled “Keep dreaming sugarcube” a small smile replacing her previous surprised demeanor did some good to my ego. Getting up and quickly drying myself off, I noticed Applejack looking away seeming to now remember I had come out of the shower not too long ago.

Why is she looking away? If anything when I was leaving she got a full view of my ass back there. I wanted to ask but felt it would be rude so I kept my mouth shut, once I was done I tossed the towel back into the bathroom and turned to face her. “I’m done” I said.

Turning her face back to me she stared still holding that reassuring smile. Though it changed again when her muzzle got a little scrunched up, like she wanted to say something but was refraining.

“Say it” I said with a wave of my hoof.

“But-”

“Just say it” I said once again.

Nodding she spoke slowly “Look uh Hailstorm” she was rubbing her left hoof with her right foreleg. “If you ever need t’ talk I’m always here to lend a helping hoof” she said lifting her apple green eyes to look at me. “Okay?” she pressed.

I nodded, the sadness and pain I felt earlier seemed to subside at her words, but only a little bit. It made me happy though. At least I have friends like these. “Thanks AJ” I said but my voice was trembling again without me realizing it. And before I even noticed, my eyes were misty.

“It really means a lot to me” I whispered fighting to control the volume of my voice as it dropped to a whisper, and somehow suck up the tears that wanted to spill from my eyes. A gentle hoof on my back made me tense up. Looking up I saw AJ’s reassuring kind and warm smile. That’s when she hugged me.

The hug was so comforting and tight, like she was protecting me from...well myself. Her coat felt pretty nice also despite the smell of sweat coming off her. I was still shaking though and my eyes were a bit clearer now since I’d been able to control them. Hugging Applejack back she patted me on the back whispering “It’ll be alright.”

I felt kinda pathetic at this point, shaking like a leaf like I had a cold when I was fine. Although I probably wasn’t. These dreams and realizations had been slowly creeping into the back of my mind. And if it weren’t for the comfort I was receiving now I probably would’ve lost it.

So I had at least one thing to say to her.

“Thanks Applejack.”

Author's Note:

Got to admit this took me some time, and this is kinda the first time I've switched like this.

Let me know what you guys think of this, comments are welcomed. Enjoy