• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 587 Views, 8 Comments

Marepocalypse Now! - Lethally Insane



Four guys riding out one of the most feared times of the year, mating season. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
6
 8
 587

Part 4, part 1: The Horde

DAY FOUR

Part Four, Part 1: The horde.

(Perspective: Free Writer)

I stepped into the kitchen with Marmalade, who was currently taking a break from bucking. He looked worse than I did. That was saying something, considering that I hadn’t bathed, shaved, and had done nothing but drink for four days. He was splattered with dirt and several other bodily fluids. He smelled like sweat and dirt mixed with cotton candy. I have a feeling who the cotton candy smell is from, I thought.

“So, how are you handling the whole permamated thing?” I asked him as he drank a glass of water.

“It’s not that bad.” he replied. “ Maybe Pinkie will add some spice to my life.”

“Fair enough, but we really need showers.” I replied.

“True, you have a stubble beard going.” he said as we left the kitchen and went upstairs.

My face did indeed feel quite scratchy. Iron Ore was standing outside the bathroom with a towel. Pinkie was inside showering. She was singing something about bikinis and daisy dukes, whatever those were. Next went Marmalade, as he was suffocating us with his stench. Then Iron Ore went; by the time it was my turn, the hot water was gone.

So I stood there, being sprayed with icy water. Sure, I could use my magic to heat some up, but I was funneling most of my energy into keeping the shields around the house up. I dried off and began to shave. I was almost done when I heard a banging, then Iron Ore burst through the door. I looked at him with a stubbly goatee.

“Dude, we have a problem.” he said.

“What?” I asked, about to make another pass with the razer.

“Mares,” he said, “ lots of them, maybe even all of them.”

“Relax.” I told him. “ I put up a magical barrier for the unicorns and barred off the windows for the rest.”

“What if they know how to take the barrier down?” he asked.

“I doubt that will happen.” I said, laughing. “ It’s a spell I developed with Marmalade using our research material from work.”

“So you're sure it will hold them?”

“Well,” I said. “ not all of them, the spell is useless on pegasi and earth ponies. That’s why I had to reinforce the windows.

“Still, you should check it out.”

“Ugh, fine.” I said, putting down the razor and rubbing my temporary goatee.

We walked back down the stairs, Pinkie was in the kitchen making cupcakes. Wait a minute, cupcakes? When did I get the materials for cupcakes? I was then drawn to the more pressing matter of the mares trying to bang down the door. The barrier was stopping unicorns from doing any damage with their magic, but they were still trying. The shield was glimmering in its full majesty now. A blanket of my magic was covering the house. It was even reflecting the other mares’ magic.

“That’s new.” I said, turning to Iron Ore. “ The shield is working better than I imagined.”

“I dunno,” he said. “ I still don’t like that the other mares are still beating down the doors and windows.”

“I could have strengthened it against that.” I agreed. “ However, it would have taken much longer. I started the barrier three months ago, it would have taken five for that effect.”

“Why didn’t you start it then?” he questioned.

“Simple, really,” Marmalade said walking into the room with cupcakes. “ the spell was still under development. If Free had progressed it to its final form, it would prevent anyone from coming in or using magic within the barrier.

“You see, Iron, we combined Shining Armor’s spell from the changeling invasion. Then we amplified it with Starswirl the Bearded's research on magic nullifying. Then we added our own implement, the passive factor. That’s why you didn’t see it when you got here. As long as the shield isn’t in use like this, it will become invisible.”

“Yep,” I said, munching on a cupcake. “ We already have the step by step guide on how to make it written; after the season is over, we’ll release it to the public. It’s gonna be sweet.”

It really would have been, too. Then I realised I was shit at welding; the bars started groaning against their horny attackers. I heard a dull thud as a bar gave way. Then, to make matters worse, the shield started to fade. How is that possible? I thought. Marmalade looked at me. Then we realised the only one besides us that knew how to take down the spell was her.

Author's Note:

Short little ditty, but don't worry. Part 4 has 3 parts.