• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 587 Views, 8 Comments

Marepocalypse Now! - Lethally Insane



Four guys riding out one of the most feared times of the year, mating season. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
6
 8
 587

Part 4, part 3: Grassy's Mad Dash

Day 4, Part 3: Grassy’s mad dash.
(Perspective: Grasshopper)

I opened my eyes, and the never ending headache began anew. I was in a bed, or at least I thought I was. I turned to see a sleeping Vinyl Scratch. I sniffed her breath. That wonderful, beautiful, telltale scent of alcohol graced my nostrils. I looked at the floor around the bed. At least five empty bottles of brandy were spread across the room. I slipped out of the bed, careful not to wake her. She gives me alcohol and sex, I thought, gonna have to come back here. I opened up the shutters on a window and flew out. The street was completely devoid of any ponies. I landed on a rooftop and looked around. This isn’t right, I thought, there should be somepony out here. I took off again, this time heading to Free’s house. I could at least find someone there. I broke above the cloud barrier, landing on them and creeping above Free’s house. There were mares all spread out across the base of the hill. I slowly backed away. I wasn’t about to risk being found by what looked to be most of the town’s single mares. I flew towards the only place that Free ever went besides his house: his workplace, the Castle of the Two Sisters.

The fly there wasn’t too bad. I bucked a couple of clouds on the way to get my senses back in order. I crept above the clouds, trying not to alert anypony to my presence. I hope Free and the others made it out alright, I thought as I peeked over the edge of the cloud bank. What I saw below me would scar my life for the rest of my days. It was Nurse Redheart. She was walking calmly through the street, a whimpering stallion dragging behind her. Something was strapped to her barrel. It must have made a hay of a racket, because I could hear it rumbling from the clouds. Then suddenly the rumbling increased tenfold.

“Ohhhhhh yesssss!” she shrieked above the rumble. “ I knew the 3000 model was worth the extra five hundred bits.”

Goddesses, I thought, five hundred extra bits. Celestia, Redheart likes expensive toys. Then, she brought a hose out of the machine, and inserted it into the stallion’s mouth. She flicked a switch and a liquid began pumping into the hose and into the stallion's mouth. They started bucking almost immediately after, out of the blue. I resisted the urge to throw up the alcohol I had recently ingested. I looked away and continued my trek across the clouds to the castle of the Two Sisters.

I finally reached the Everfree forest. This was one of the few places near Ponyville I hung out near more than the bar. I was assigned to kick clouds near this area, preventing them from going rogue above the forest. I leapt off the clouds and plunged into the trees. I made my way through the forest flying just below the foliage. I didn’t trust Free’s word on this place. If I were desperate, I would risk it to go in here, I thought. I flew across the gorge that lead to the castle. I hope they didn’t get into much trouble without me, I thought. I landed quietly inside the castle, descending through one of the castle's gaping holes. Slowly making my way to the library, the castle became less dilapidated. I entered the library, there were books scattered on tables; notes were piled in between them. I walked further into the room, looking at the covers of the books. Some of the titles included, Advanced Theorem of Shielding, Magic Nullification, and A Mare’s Guide to Finding a Mate. Wait, what? I thought, this must be her’s. Suddenly a hoof tapped my barrel.

“Um, you didn’t let any of them follow you, did you?” A male voice asked behind me.

“No,” I said turning to the pony behind me. “ Who are you, anyways?

“Oh, my name’s Page Turner.” he said, standing back. “ I was sent from Manehatten to look for a pony by the name of Iron Ore. You wouldn’t happen to know him?”

“Yeah, I do, actually.” I answered him. “ He’ll be here any minute with another friend.”

“Ah, good.” Page said, he started rubbing something in his saddlebags.

“So do we wait?” I asked.

“Yeah, I guess we do.” he replied.

We sat on some unused benches and began to wait. Free Writer and Iron Ore got to the library about a half hour later. They collapsed on the benches next to us.

“So,” Free asked. “ who’s the new guy?”

“Oh,” I said. “ that’s Page, he says he was looking for Iron.”

“Hey, Page,” Iron spoke up from further down the bench. “ how’re things at the office?”

“Alright,” he shrugged. “ the boss sent me to look for you. Neglected to tell me that you were in a town this rural. I ended up in fleeing into the forest from the mares.”

“Hhmm,” Iron nodded. “ I guess we’re gonna have him on our tails when we get back. Oh well, this was a pretty eventful vacation.”

“Amen to that.” I agreed.

“I can second that.” Free agreed. “Well, we may as well get some sleep; the last day is tomorrow.”

Author's Note:

That's right kiddies, the last parts of this story are soon to be posted. I apologize for the shortness of the parts. I personally felt that it wold be better to split them up rather than have them change perspective like they have in the previous one. Part Five will be in the formats of the other ones, rather than in parts.