• Published 30th Aug 2015
  • 1,766 Views, 15 Comments

"You Can't Go Back, Michael." - Mike the Red



What if Michael Walker disobeyed the Princess just after his first visit to Equestria while in a copy of Twilight's body? What lessons does Princess Celestia intend to teach him for disobeying her?

  • ...
24
 15
 1,766

Karma Police

"Huh? Michael? But I thought the Princess wanted you to be with her!" the librarian mused before gasping when she saw the gold ring around the base of my horn. "Did she put that ring on you?"

"I think she didn't want me using my magic -- she told me she was going to keep me in her bedchamber -- I don't know why she sent me here," I opined, glancing around nervously. I almost instinctively knew that she could summon me back any time she wanted to. Twilight smiled at me anyway and used her magic to levitate the ring off my horn, causing me to gasp in surprise.

"Did that hurt? No? Good, good. Now, why not snuggle with me and let me know what happened?" she grinned.

"My wife managed to contact me," I offered as I climbed into her bed behind her. I breathed in the scent of her mane, nuzzling the back of her head, eliciting a soft giggle.

"Hehehe, that tickles! Your wife? How did she do that?"

"I don't know if I told you about my car -- well -- I used magic to fix it while I was still in your body -- and I guess Brenda discovered the car could communicate across the dimensional barrier, even though I can't teleport back home past it," I replied.

"Hmm. So why did the Princess send you to me? I thought she wanted to keep you there," she mused softly.

"Well -- Brenda asked for financial help and the Princess said she'd do something to help her -- but she wouldn't tell me what it was and sent me here. I don't know what's going on and I'd like to know how Celestia's gonna help my wife -- I hate being kept in the dark about it." I gently placed my left foreleg around the mare's barrel, earning a sigh of contentment from her.

"Hmm, well -- she can be pretty cryptic sometimes -- I suppose she has her reasons. Come on, let's get some rest -- I know you've gotta be pretty tired. I know I am!" she giggled.

"You are being so nice to me, Twilight -- thank you," I whispered in her ear. Though I couldn't see it, she smiled at my compliment.

"I think it's only right for me to help you feel more at home -- and it certainly helps that you've been transformed into such a handsome stallion," she noted warmly.

I thanked her once again before drifting off to sleep behind the mare -- she quickly drifted off after I did, the only sounds being that of our breathing as we slept.


"So how are you going to help me?" asked Brenda. "And did I hear a pop? Are you still there? Where's my husband?"

"I'm still here, Brenda -- and as for helping you, I'm going to send you a gift, which will be arriving in your vicinity very shortly," the alicorn stated warmly. A slight humming sound seemed to permeate the entire car. Brenda noticed everything take on a gold hue to it -- this seemed to frighten her before she remembered that it was a sign of Princess Celestia's magic. The car's sensors noted this as well.

"Anomalous magic field detected -- source unknown," came the voice from the speakers. "Weight distribution uneven -- anomaly detected -- in trunk," the car added. The voice coming from the speaker indicated puzzlement, a tone Brenda noticed immediately.

"What's going on?" she asked, her voice trembling with fear.

"Weight capacity exceeded," the car stated in its flat monotone. "Remove excess weight from trunk please."

Brenda got out of the car and popped the trunk -- and upon doing so, her eyes went wide with shock and surprise. "Is this for real? What -- where did all this come from?" she asked, then picked up a few of the coins to look at them. She let them clink back to the rest of them in the trunk and started laughing.

"Brenda? Are you still there?" came the alicorn's voice from the speakers.

"Yes, Princess -- did you do this?"

"Is that enough to help you?"

"Uhh, yeah, I think so," she replied, still dumbstruck by the sight of the trunk completely filled with gold coins.

"Please remove excess weight from trunk," the car reiterated in a more urgent tone.

"Um, I'll get on that right now," Brenda stated before going back into the house, returning shortly with Xaviera following behind her. They had a number of plastic bags and began filling them with the coins -- and adjusting the weight so the bags wouldn't rip apart. They eventually filled thirty bags with almost twenty pounds of coin in each one, until the last of the coins had been removed from the trunk.

"Amazing how clean that trunk is -- looks like brand new," Brenda mused.

"What are we gonna do about the car? This is a lot of money," Xaviera noted.

"We should wait for Mike to come back," Brenda replied before turning off the car and removing the key fob and pocketing it. "I'm gonna call Katrina and have her take me to sell some of this gold -- and then to the bank to pay off the house," she added.

"Can I have some of this?" asked Xaviera, eyeing the gold greedily. Her anticipation had her shifting her weight from one foot to the other as though she were doing the pee-pee dance.

"You can have one bag," Brenda responded tersely, her words tinged with more than a little anger as she cast a stern glance at her youngest daughter. "And don't sell it at the same place I'm going to."

The two of them took all the bags into the house, placing them in the master bedroom. Brenda made a few calls and within about an hour, she was on her way to sell a bag of gold coin. Xaviera called her other sister who had a car and a license to take her and her children to another place to sell some of the gold. Brenda gave a bag of gold coin to each of her children as a gesture of generosity, though she considered it more of a bother than not, especially considering the fact that there were relatively few places to sell the gold than she would have liked. Each bag of gold coin fetched $100,000 even though that was about half the bullion value of the gold itself.


Twilight and I were woken by the morning sunlight streaming through her bedroom window. I yawned and stretched out, accidentally bumping against the mare.

"Oops, sorry about that, Twilight," I offered sheepishly.

"That's okay, Michael -- I haven't slept that soundly in quite awhile," she replied warmly, flashing a genuine smile.

"How about a kiss?" I asked, my grin widening.

"Don't push your luck," she chortled before getting out of the bed and stretching her legs before trotting to the bathroom and closing the door behind her. A moment later, I heard the flushing of a toilet before she re-entered the room. I rose to my hooves after stumbling out of her bed and trotted to the bathroom. I was rather surprised to discover that even as a stallion I suffered from a case of morning wood -- I had thought that being transformed from human to pony would prevent that from happening. Twilight noticed my glans and averted her gaze, blushing a little.

"Michael, please! Don't show off like that!" she said in exasperation.

"Huh, that's what I get -- Twilight, this only happens in the morning when I need to pee," I explained. "Sorry to display it like that, but I don't have anything to cover it up."

"Did that happen to you when you were a human?" she asked as her curiosity got the better of her.

"Yeah, seemed like it never failed -- every morning I'd wake up like that, needing to pee to relieve some of the tension," I replied as I stood in the bathroom, looking at a depression in the floor. I aligned myself correctly and managed to do all right, then flushed the toilet. "Hey, Twilight, can I take a shower?"

"Yes, but don't use all the hot water," she responded. "I need a shower, too!"

"Sure, but would you be willing to join me?" I asked, the grin evident in my words.

"You're terrible!" she chuckled in reply.


Brenda had one of her daughters take her to Peoria to sell some of the gold, then went to the casino nearby. The two of them spent the entire day playing various slot machines and hitting the blackjack table before going to a restaurant for dinner.

"Which restaurant you wanna go to, mama?" asked Katrina as the two of them exited the casino and made their way across the parking lot.

"Can we go to Red Lobster?" asked Brenda.

"Yeah, there's one up the road from here -- good idea, I've never had lobster before," Katrina replied. The two of them got into the car, Katrina taking the driver's seat. The trip to the restaurant was fairly quick, the traffic rather light that day.

"So, mama, what's gonna happen if Mike doesn't come back?"

"I dunno, 'Trina -- I suppose I can sell the house and his car and find a place closer to where I work," Brenda responded, a hint of anxiety coloring her words.

"What, you're not gonna miss him?"

"Well -- I suppose I will, but -- he's never proven himself to be the man that I need," came her answer. She wrinkled her face up as she remembered some of the things he had done to displease or disappoint her. "Anyway, I've got someone new I'm seeing -- and with him gone, that makes it a little easier for me."

"But mama! You're still married to him!"

"Yeah, but I can take care of that pretty easily -- and with this much money, I really don't think I'll miss him all that much anyway."

The two of them continued the conversation over a dinner of lobster, then drove back to the casino to do some more gambling before retiring for the night in the nearby hotel.