• Published 21st Aug 2015
  • 1,691 Views, 43 Comments

Power Ponies: Origins - Epicdiscord214



What happened before Anar D, Arcanus, and Grogar? Read for yourself.

  • ...
4
 43
 1,691

From Bad to Worse

Later that day, the Mane-iac turned on her boyfriend's TV and watched the news. The screen showed Starlight Glimmer walking out of the police station into a crowd of reporters.

"Ms. Glimmer," a reporter shouted, "Ponies are saying you were the victim of a new villain calling herself the Mane-iac."

"Yes, she tried to hold me hostage and make me shut down my company." Starlight spoke out. "This Mane-iac used to be an employee until she went insane. To everyone in Maretropolis, do not listen to anything the Mane-iac says. She's a psychopath and a liar."

CRASH! The Mane-iac shot her mane to the television set and broke the screen to shards. From the kitchen, Briny Deep reached his head out and examined the broken set.

"Sweetie, watch your temper. You break it and we'll have to buy another one."

"Don't start with me!" the Mane-iac snapped. "I was close too! So close, I tripped at the finish line! Then this armored Alicorn just waltzed in and stole my thunder! She ruined my chances! I've got to know who she is and how I can surpass her!"

"Alicorn?" Briny Deep asked. "I thought Princess Celestia was the only Alicorn."

The Mane-iac widened her eyes. "You're right. If Celestia kept this much from us, I wonder..."


Later on that week, the search for the Dark Alicorn wasn't going very well. The Power Ponies had no luck looking at the city surveillance.

"Any luck?" the Masked Matterhorn asked.

"None whatsoever." Radiance said.

"Finding one pony in a big city is like finding a needle in a concrete haystack," Mistress Marevelous said, "Even if this pony is an armored Alicorn."

"I don't know what to do." the Masked Matterhorn said. "I was supposed to stop her from carrying out her evil plan, but I can't even stop her from robbing a factory."

"Hey, don't think like that." Zapp said. "As long as we're together, nothing can go wrong."

"Yeah." Filli-Second said. "Do you know what our team motto used to be?"

"No." Hum Drum said. "I'm interested."

The Power Ponies held up a bunch of necklaces with pendants on them. They all matched their owners' Cutie Marks. They all spoke at the same time.

"Individually, we are the friendliest, most powerful heroes in Equestria, but together, we are the Power Ponies!"

"Wow." the Masked Matterhorn said. "Hard to believe you all mean so much to each other."

"We're friends." Radiance said. "We're supposed to be. Didn't you ever notice that?"

The Masked Matterhorn took note over that question and thought for a minute.

"Well..." she said. "You see..."

Suddenly, a metal stomp was heard. The Power Ponies turned and saw a familiar pony on top of their computer screen.

"The Mysterious Mare Do-Well!" the Matterhorn said. "What are you here for?"

The Mare Do-Well reached into her cape and held up a front-page newspaper. She dropped it in front of the Power Ponies and they took a good look at it.

"A robbery at the Canterlot Museum?" the Masked Matterhorn read in confusion. "The Electro-Orb stolen? I don't understand. What does this have to do with our mission?"

"Uh, Matterhorn..." Hum Drum said pointing in the front-page photo. Everyone squinted and saw a certain Alicorn in the far background.

"No way!" the Masked Matterhorn gasped.

"So that's why we had a hard time finding her." Radiance said. "She's not even in the city anymore."

"What's the Electro-Orb again?" Saddle Rager asked.

"It's an ancient power source." the Masked Matterhorn explained. "These days, the Electro-Orb can be used for any machine. That's why it's so dangerous, it's required to stay in a museum. But that's what bothers me."

"What do you mean?" Mistress Marevelous asked.

"Well, this plus all the machine parts she stole..." the Masked Matterhorn said. "Sounds like she's building something. The problem is, what can she possibly know how to build? She's been living on the moon for many, many years. The wheel wasn't even invented then. How can she build anything if she doesn't even know how engineering works?"

"You know, that is actually a good question." Mistress Marevelous said.

The Mysterious Mare Do-Well then picked up a square piece of paper and dropped it. It swished back and forth until it fell above the newspaper. With one quick look, the Masked Matterhorn gasped at the photograph.

"Is that..." Hum Drum asked looking at the pony in the photo.

"Who?" Zapp asked. "Who is she?"

In an instant, the Masked Matterhorn ran to the counter and picked up a phone. Holding it to her ear, she dialed in a number. She waited nervously until she heard a familiar voice.

"Hello?"

"Moondancer, it's me, Twilight!"

"Twilight? I haven't heard from you since your test. How was it?"

"Not important." the Masked Matterhorn answered nervously. "Listen, where are you?"

"The library." Moondancer explained. "Where else can you read things?"

"Listen to me!" Twilight said with fear. "You need to get out of there, go home, lock your doors, and seal your windows!"

"Whoa, Twilight, you're not making any sense." Moondancer said. "What are you talking... Wait, what was that?"

"Moondancer..."

"Sounds like someone broke the window."

"Don't..."

"Twilight, I'm not sure what... Hey! Who are you? What are you... WAIT! DON'T!" That was all that was said before the phone hummed. The Masked Matterhorn put the phone down and felt panicked.

"Matterhorn..." Hum Drum asked nervously. "What happened?"

"The Dark Alicorn." the purple hero breathed. "She took her. She took Moondancer."

"Should we know who this Moondancer is?" Zapp asked.

"I'll explain on the way." the Masked Matterhorn said. "Right now we should go to Canterlot now...


"...and be careful! As long as the Dark Alicorn has the Asteroth, she's more powerful than any super."

Starlight Glimmer turned off the speaker on her office desk and smirked.

"It's a good thing I slipped in that listening device. So, the Dark Alicorn has something that makes her more powerful than a super, huh?


"...Sounds like a game changer to me."

The Mane-iac chuckled at the sound of Starlight's voice coming out of the speaker in front of her. She turned it off and laughed.

"You're not the only eavesdropper, Starlight. Briny, start the van! We're going to Canterlot!"