• Published 21st Aug 2015
  • 1,691 Views, 43 Comments

Power Ponies: Origins - Epicdiscord214



What happened before Anar D, Arcanus, and Grogar? Read for yourself.

  • ...
4
 43
 1,691

Return of the Power Ponies

The Masked Matterhorn and Hum Drum made their way into the Center Park Ring and stood there waiting. The costumed unicorn was still wrapping her mind around who could've sent that letter. Suddenly, they heard bushes rustling. They approached it and saw a mysterious pony figure coming out into the moonlight. Both the Matterhorn and Hum Drum were shocked to see a pony who was completely obscured by her full-body costume, a flowing cape, and a wide fedora.

"I don't believe it!" the Masked Matterhorn gasped. "It's the Mysterious Mare Do-Well, one of the most mysterious heroes in Equestria! What are you doing here?!"

The Mysterious Mare Do-Well extended her hoof to the left. The Matterhorn and Hum Drum looked and saw five burlap bags with moving things inside.

"How did we miss those?" Hum Drum asked.

The Masked Matterhorn turned to ask Mare Do-Well more, but the mysterious pony wasn't there anymore. All that was left are the hoofprints the left behind.

"How does she do that?" Hum Drum asked.

The Masked Matterhorn used her horn to untie all the bags at once. Suddenly, five familiar mares in costumes rolled right out. As soon as they saw the Masked Matterhorn, they gasped in shock.

"YOU!" They then looked at each other. "YOU?!"

"Marevelous!" Zapp growled angrily.

"Zapp!" Mistress Marevelous growled angrily.

"Filli-Second!" Saddle Rager growled angrily.

"Saddle Rager!" Filli-Second growled angrily.

"Marevelous!" Radiance growled angrily.

"Radiance!" Mistress Marevelous growled angrily.

"OKAY!" Zapp shouted. "I get it! We all have names!" She then turned her head to the Masked Matterhorn. "This is your idea, isn't it?"

"No!" the Masked Matterhorn denied. "I had no idea you were going to be here! The Mysterious Mare Do-Well just invited me!"

"She is right!" a male voice said. Suddenly, the Oracle was standing on top of a high rock. "Hello, again, Ms. Sparkle."

"The Oracle!" the Masked Matterhorn gasped.

"Whoa!" Hum Drum expressed. "So you're an Oracle, huh?"

"What did you expect?" the Oracle asked.

"I don't know; one of those black-and-white whales."

"That's orca."

"No, that's a leafy vegetable."

"That's okra."

"No, that's a talk-show host."

"That's Oprah."

"No, that's a stage play."

"That's opera."

"HEY!" Zapp shouted. "Would some pony mind telling me what is going on here?!"

"Well, like our purple unicorn friend here has been telling all of you," the Oracle explained, "She needs to team up with all of you to fight a great evil."

"NO WAY!" the five heroines shouted.

"Why not?" the Masked Matterhorn asked.

"Is it my breath?" Hum Drum asked. "Because I already ate Tic-Tacs today."

"It's not that, darling." Radiance said. "It's just that... well..."

"I'm not working with these four again!" Zapp shouted.

"Again?" the Masked Matterhorn asked confusingly. "What do you mean, again? Do you know each other?"

"Really, Ms. Sparkle, how could you be a superhero and not hear of these five?" the Oracle asked. "I'd like you to meet Filli-Second, Zapp, Mistress Marevelous, Radiance, and Saddle Rager, the Power Ponies!"

"Ex-Power Ponies, for your information." Mistress Marevelous added before sighing. "He's right. We did used to be a team. We were probably the best team in all of Equestria."

"Not counting the Wonderbolts, that is." Zapp said. "Just so you know."

"You used to be a team?" the Masked Matterhorn asked. "What happened?"

"Differences here, feuds there." Saddle Rager explained.

"No fun anywhere." Filli-Second added.

"That's not what a team needs, is it?" Radiance asked. "And then came... that night.

A year and a half ago, the Power Ponies were in their common lair keeping tabs on Maretropolis. But then, they made the stupid decision as to turning on the radio and listening to the distorted voice on that frequency.

"We don't need the Power Ponies in our lives, do we?" That comment got all their attention. "Just look at them all. Filli-Second belongs in the party circuit, not in law enforcement. Saddle Rager is a time-bomb waiting to go off, and if she's not, she's too much of a chicken to do the real job. The only thing bigger than Zapp's storms is her ego. Radiance has to be the center of attention; that's why she wears that costume. And Mistress Marevelous... need I say more. This is the Purifier, and I say, support the Super Purification Act!"

The radio ended and the heroes looked at each other nervously.

"After that, we got into a big argument." Mistress Marevelous said. "One thing lead to another, and... we split up. I guess that deep inside, we knew the Purifier was right about us."

"Yeah." Zapp said. "I guess she's right too. After all, I dealt with my grief by signing autographs. I guess I do get a big head about myself."

"Look at yourselves." the Oracle said getting their attention. "No one said a team had to be perfect, but you were willing to put your prides ahead of your responsibilities. If you focus on what one pirate-radio host said about you and let it split you apart, then you really do need some improvement. I nominate the Masked Matterhorn and Hum Drum."

"Us?" the Masked Matterhorn and Hum Drum asked.

"Them?" the other heroes asked.

"Indeed." the Oracle said turning his head to the purple unicorn. "I said you needed a team to stop the great threat. Remember, the Dark Alicorn has already made her way back to Equestria, so she could make her move any time now. So I suggest to put your differences aside and work together one last time for the sake of Equestria. Once you do that, I promise the Purifier will never bother you or any other superhero again. What do you say?"

The superheroes looked at each other thinking hard about them. After a moment of thinking, Saddle Rager spoke.

"Um, if it's all right... I'm willing to rejoin the Power Ponies."

"Well..." Mistress Marevelous said, "I guess if Saddle Rager agrees, then so do I."

"Like I said," Zapp said. "I kinda miss being part of a team."

"Same here." Radiance agreed.

"Okie-dokie-lokie!" Filli-Second joined in.

"Well, Masked Matterhorn?" the Oracle asked. "If you agree to this, you'll become more than a team."

"What will we become?" the Masked Matterhorn asked.

"That is something you should learn on your own."

The Masked Matterhorn looked at the other ponies and smiled. "Let's do this."

Not long after, the Masked Matterhorn gave the situation to the rest of the Power Ponies, but even the danger in it didn't scare them (well, maybe Saddle Rager). They approached an abandoned tower that used to be the central lair for the Power Ponies. They opened it back up and decided to get Power Tower back in business.

"We didn't think this would happen

We've been apart for so long

I've never felt so happy to be wrong

There's a danger in our world

Must stop this evil threat

And now, all the pieces are already set

We're heroes reunited

Forever fight as one

Heroes reunited

Securing Equestria's future

Heroes reunited

We'll get the job done

Heroes reunited

Making our big comeback tour

We've been so separated

We forgot what we had

But back together, we are glad

Protest all you want

We will never go down

Watch out. The Power Ponies are back in town

We're heroes reunited

Forever fight as one

Heroes reunited

Securing Equestria's future

Heroes reunited

We'll get the job done

Heroes reunited

Making our big comeback tour

WE'RE HEROES REUNITED

FOREVER FIGHT AS ONE

HEROES REUNITED

SECURING EQUESTRIA'S FUTURE

HEROES REUNITED

WE'LL GET THE JOB DONE

HEROES REUNITED

MAKING OUR BIG COMEBACK TOUR"

Meanwhile, right outside of Maretropolis, a cave sheltered an Alicorn wearing a black-and-blue armor and bearing a blue, smoke-like mane and tail. She looked at Maretropolis and chuckled.

"My work starts tomorrow."

Author's Note:

Yes, the Dark Alicorn has a hidden agenda, but there's more to the story. More will be explained later.

The song here is based on "Munks on a Mission" from Alvin and the Chipmunks meet the Wolfman.