• Published 21st Aug 2015
  • 1,691 Views, 43 Comments

Power Ponies: Origins - Epicdiscord214



What happened before Anar D, Arcanus, and Grogar? Read for yourself.

  • ...
4
 43
 1,691

Touch of Destiny

The Masked Matterhorn couldn't believe her eyes when she saw her surrounding. The white, endless void reached out farther than the eye can see. Her voice echoed as she tried to call out.

"HUM DRUM! RADIANCE! ZAPP! SADDLE RAGER! FILLI-SECOND! MAREVELOUS! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"You won't find them."

The distorted voice jolted Matterhorn off her hooves. She turned around and froze when she saw the black, formless cloud hovering over her head.

"Whoa!" the Masked Matterhorn gasped. "Who--or what--are you?"

"You know me as the Asteroth."

"What?! But... This doesn't make sense! The Asteroth can't possibly be alive! It's an object!"

"How much do you really know of the Asteroth? Do you know my purpose? Do you understand my methods? Do you even know how I was created in the first place? The universe is filled with many secrets far beyond your understanding alone."

"Well, if you're the Asteroth, then where are we?" the Masked Matterhorn asked. "I thought you had bonded yourself with the Mane-iac."

"The pony did, in fact, absorb me for my power, and I admit, merging with a super pony is much more satisfying than an alicorn. However, her mind is limited. All she wants is to make pony-kind her slaves. But when I sensed the extraordinary mind you possess, I saw an opportunity. So when Green Locks connected her mind with yours, I pulled you in here to talk."

"This is the Mane-iac's mind?" The Masked Matterhorn looked around the endless void. "I expected it to be a lot less... empty."

"This is only because I shut off her mind. Out there, in the physical world, Green Locks is stuck in a petrified state awaiting your decision."

"What decision?"

"To save your world. If I hadn't intervened when I did, Canterlot would have fallen by now and you would've been powerless to stop it. Well, I'd be happy to lend you the power to stop her; the same power I gave to Princess Luna and Green Locks. With this much power, not only will you defeat the Mane-iac, but also any villain who threatens you or your friends."

"I... I can't." the Masked Matterhorn shook her head. "I've seen what you've done to the Mane-iac and Princess Luna. I can't risk that happening to me."

"What other choice do you have? Think of everything you sacrificed, such as time away from your childhood friends. Think of everyone who said you had to disappear, such as Starlight Glimmer. And don't forget about your parents. Out of every mind I've looked into, yours was the most touching. Everything you are, it was all for them. But how safe are they now that you've given away your secret? Unless you can find another way to save them, my offer's the only path. Come on, Twilight Sparkle. Go outside your walls."

The purple unicorn hero thought long and hard about what she had heard. She closed her eyes and thought hard. And then, that's when they heard them.

"TWILIGHT! MATTERHORN! SUGAR CUBE! MARCO, POLO!"

The Masked Matterhorn gasped and opened her eyes. She looked around, but she didn't hear the voices she heard anymore. And just like that, her wrestling-with-herself was over. She turned back at the cloud.

"You're wrong! I know another way, a way that's always an option! I have to rely... on... THEM!"

And just like that, a yellow light escaped from her and circled from behind. The Asteroth moved back a few feet before stopping. Inside the circling light, several sets of hooves appeared from bottom to top. The manifestations then took the forms of all her friends. The Power Ponies stood proudly with the Masked Matterhorn and against the Asteroth.

"What is this?"

"I'll tell you!" the Masked Matterhorn declared. "First, we have the honest, buck-whiling cowgirl, Mistress Marevelous! Next, we have the loyal, courageous Pegasus who brings the thunder, Zapp! Let's not forget the generous, compassionate caregiver to all, Radiance! She's shy, but she's kind with a heart of gold; I give you Saddle Rager! Never forget the silly, highly optimistic speedster, Filli-Second! And the dragon who I can never live without, Hum Drum! Individually, we are the friendliest, most powerful heroes in Equestria, but together..."

"WE ARE THE POWER PONIES!" the heroes shouted at once.

After that, the Power Ponies attacked the Asteroth with all their powers. They kept going like that again and again until...

"ENOUGH!" The Asteroth's voice shook the entire void and the Power Ponies stopped. The voice then spoke in a softer tone. "Well done, Power Ponies. You passed."

"Passed?" Hum Drum asked. "Passed what?"

"My test. You see, I am not truly evil. I simply offer the power to those who merge with me. I cannot be held responsible for what they decide to do with the power. I've been waiting an eternity for someone to pass, and now, I found them. I knew you were special, Sparkle. You saw another path to a better future besides power."

"You mean... it was all a test?" the Masked Matterhorn asked. "You risked all of Equestria by giving Princess Luna and the Mane-iac a chance not to take it, but when they did, you couldn't do anything about it."

"Can't really do much when you're not in the physical world. And so, for passing the test, I give each of you your rewards!"

"Ooh, a puppy?" Filli-Second asked.

Suddenly, bright lights emitted from the Power Ponies' chests. After a few seconds, the light dimmed.

"What in tarnation was that?" Mistress Marevelous asked.

"The Touch of Destiny." the Asteroth answered. "In the future, the seven of you are to take part of an event that will affect all of existence. I do not know what, but with the Touch of Destiny, I guarantee you will be involved. Until then, I'll be watching you."


Outside, in real life, the Mane-ster finally screamed after minutes of silence. She then collapsed to the ground and her vines fell off of every pony she was connected to. The Power Ponies then came back to being awake.

"Whoa!" Zapp shouted. "What happened?!"

"Forget all that." Mistress Marevelous said. "Matterhorn, how did you get us all with you in there?"

"Well, after the Asteroth said there was no other way, I started to believe it." the Masked Matterhorn explained. "But then, I heard your voices. That's when I figured, if I could still have you all connected, I could also use the mind to being you all with me."

Suddenly, a black smoke escaped the Mane-iac's body. It circled around above in a spiral. Suddenly, it vaporized and disappeared.

"That... was weird." the Masked Matterhorn said.

Hum Drum took a glance at his best friend's side and widened his eyes. He gasped in complete shock. "Not as weird as... that!"

The Power Ponies looked and shared Hum Drum's expression. Confused, the Masked Matterhorn looked at her sides and saw for herself. She then turned speechless when she saw the pair of big, purple wings attached to her sides.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the little detail and the rushing. I was in a hurry. Anyway, I have one last chapter to upload and an epilogue. I'll upload both tomorrow.