• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 542 Views, 51 Comments

Fancy Meeting YOU here... - Unbound Bass



Tavi and Vinyl's falling out has caused a hole in Tavi's heart, but when she finds Vinyl in an MMORPG she gets help from an unexpected ally...

  • ...
1
 51
 542

Out of Tune...Out of Everything....

Derpy was sitting on her haunches munching on another muffin. Tavi was still trying to figure out how she had the inventory space for so many muffins. She also wondered how Derpy was still up at this hour.

"Hey...um....Derpsters...." Tavi said slowly while she was thinking.

"Ya-uh....Oc-tee?" Derpy replied mouth full of something in real life Tavi guessed.

"How are you not tired?" She asked expecting a normal answer. It wasn't.

"With the muffins I'm eating right now!!!" Derpy replied and shortly after sounds of eating could be heard through her microphone.

"What kind are they?" Tavi asked. Surely no normal muffin could provide such energy.

"Sugar..." Derpy replied slowly and then stuffed her face some more.

"You're eating pure sugar muffins?" Tavi asked a bit worried.

"Yepperoonies!!!" She replied happily.

Tavi dismissed it. The chat had alerted her of her own weariness. She glanced at her clock. It read 3:21.

"Derpy...er....Derpsters I'm going to sleeeee.....eeeep." Tavi said yawning as she did so. "See you tomorrow?"

"Sure thing Octy!" Her tone embodied a hint of sadness. "I'm not going to go on without you!"

Tavi logged off satisfied with the progress her and her new ally had just made. She showered....again. As soon as she got out she went to bed. She didn't bother with night clothes. There wasn't any point. Not that she bothered with them when Vinyl had been around either.
She was out like a light. This time she dreamt sweetly. She dreamt of Vinyl.

She woke up that morning groggy and extremely thirsty. She went into her kitchen and got a bottled water and glanced at the stove clock. It blinked 12:48.

"WHAT!!!" Tavi screamed.

"SHUT UP DOWN THERE!" Shouted her rather despicable upstairs neighbor.

If the clock was right, then she was late for practice. She had slept past noon. It was technically lunch-time. She ran out her door and ran down the street to the auditorium where they were allowed to rehearse. She didn't realize she had forgotten something...

She burst through the doors, causing both musicians to turn and look at her.

"You're late Octavia." Tuning Fork said.

"You look like sh.... I mean you had a good night's rest." Brass caught his tongue as he remembered what had happened last time he opened his big mouth. He rubbed his cheek gingerly. "Hey...Where's your Cello?"

Tavi's jaw dropped. She had left it by the door of her apartment. She facehoofed so hard her nose started bleeding.

"BLOODY HELL!!!" Tavi shouted straight up at the auditorium ceiling.

"Yeah, literally." Brass chuckled and then promptly got slapped on the same cheek. "NOT-SO BLOODY HELL!!!" He shouted somehow keeping his laughing even after the slapping he was just served.

"Would you like me to serve your rump on a silver platter?" Tavi replied trying to be as lady-like as possible.

"I guess i was the BUTT of that jo..." He was cut-off by a swift back-hoof slap.

"You'll never learn when you just need to shut up and BUTT out will you Brass?" Tuning Fork said chuckling, but stopped as he saw Tavi raise her hoof. "I think i may need to learn too..."

"I'm going home and cleaning myself up...I'll see you online..." Tavi walked out the door.

As soon as she was out Brass spoke...

"Speaking of butts I couldn't help ,but stare at hers." He said with a smile.

Slapping him in the back of the head, "She doesn't SWING that way idiot." Tuning said as he broke into laughter at his own music pun.

The door opened and Tavi appeared holding a rock. She chucked it in their direction. Brass saw it and moved two steps to his left. Tuning didn't he was still hysterically laughing at his own pun. It hit him square in the nose. His nose started to bleed...

"Oh bloody hell..." Tuning said as he went to wipe the blood.


20 minutes later...

"Aaah...much better." Tavi said as she exited the her shower yet again.

She had been unknowingly humming a song Vinyl had once made for her. She didn't remember what she had called it, but she actually enjoyed it. She stopped to see she had a voicemail from a number she recognized instantly. Vinyl had called her. She hit play and heard this...

Hey Octy...I...um....I wanted to apologize for what happened....um yeah....if you still care please come home and talk to me...bye forever or for now. Love you....

Tavi noticed Vinyl sounded horrible. She almost sounded completely broken. Her last words were almost a plea. The very last words touched Tavi's heart where she never thought she would feel again.

"I love you too Vinyl..." She whispered to herself. Tavi sat down at her computer. She pondered what she should do. She wondered why she felt like she shouldn't go to her. She made her choice.

She grabbed what little money she had left and went to the train station. On the train ride back to Ponyville Tavi thought of what they would say to each other. Who would apologize first? She didn't even know what she herself would say. Tavi stared out the window and slowly fell asleep.

Tavi was snapped awake by a train attendent slowly shaking her.

"We've arrived in Ponyville ma'am." The attendent said sweetly. "It's time to exit the train."

"Oh....Thank you..." Tavi said as she got up to exit the train. "I must have been asleep the whole ride." She rubbed her eyes as she stepped off of the train.

The station was never very busy. There were a few ponies that must have been waiting for somepony to arrive or seeing somepony off. She had a few bits leftover after she bought the train ticket so she decided to get Vinyl a gift. She stopped by Sugarcube Corner on her way home. She was greeted with...well...

"HEY YOU'RE BACK!!!!" Yelled the pink party pony as soon as Tavi had opened the door. Everypony in the place turned to look. One of them just so happened to be a grey pegasus mare that had saddlebags literally full of pure white sugar muffins.

"Octy???" Derpy looked at her with a questioning look. "What are you here for?"

"I'm here to get something for a...."friend"...." Tavi said hesitantly.

"Ooooo....Who is it?" Derpy asked with a grin and a nudge. "Oh! Is it me!?!?" She had started jumping up and down.

"Um....N-no." Tavi said worried about how Derpy would react.

"Oh...O-o-okay." Derpy sounded sad, but she was still smiling. "Will you be playing later?"

"My computer is back at my apartment in Manehattan." Tavi said frowning as she did.

"HEY WAIT!!!" Pinkie sudden shout startled nearly everypony in the shop. She rummaged a hoof in her poofy hair for a minute or two. She pulled out a pink laptop with her cutie mark on it, then a mouse. "Here use this!"

"Isn't this yours" Tavi asked confused.

"Yes, but if I know the game you're talking about it's on here." Pinkie frowned. "I never did too well. Everytime I tried to hug one of the wolves they would attack me!"

"Pinkie you're supposed to fight them. The hug command is for social areas." Tavi said holding back hysterical laughter.

"You can have the laptop until you go back to Manehattan." Pinkie said smiling.

Derpy had left without saying anything.

"Pinkie can I get....Vinyl's regular." Tavi asked trying not to attract attention.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO GET BACK TOGETHER WITH VINYL!?!?" Pinkie shouted for all of Ponyville to hear.

Tavi facehoofed so hard her face could've caved in...