• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 542 Views, 51 Comments

Fancy Meeting YOU here... - Unbound Bass



Tavi and Vinyl's falling out has caused a hole in Tavi's heart, but when she finds Vinyl in an MMORPG she gets help from an unexpected ally...

  • ...
1
 51
 542

The Mail-Mare With A Heart of....Sugar???

Tavi stopped smiling. She went into deep thought. Vinyl stared and waited patiently...for once. Tavi stood unmoving for a while until....

"HEY!!! OCTY DID I BREAK YOUR BRAIN OR SOMETHING!?!?" Vinyl shouted suddenly and caused Tavi to ever so clumsily fall backward onto her haunches with a "THUD!".

Tavi stood back up rubbing her now very sore haunches.

"No, I'm not broken Vinyl I was thinking." Tavi said with no sense of such urgency that Vinyl had had moments before.

"Okay...would you like me to rub that for ya'?" Vinyl said with a cheeky grin.

"Um...." Tavi blushed as she realized what the unicorn had meant. "No!" She could've climbed into an apple tree and passed off as a deformed apple with the shade of red she was.

"Awwwww.... come on please???" Vinyl said making quite adorable puppy eyes.

"No Vinyl....besides that's a little too....Presto for the situation don't you think?" Tavi chuckled as she knew Vinyl would understand her pun.

"Really??? I didn't think so." Vinyl replied with a light chuckle. "I never thought that when YOU started making jokes they'd be....that bad."

"Well, it is a litt....HEY!!!" Tavi processed Vinyl a little too late as Vinyl had already bolted upstairs and into one of the rooms.

Tavi chased after her as soon as she processed the comment fully. She ran into Vinyl's room, throwing the door open in the process, she found Vinyl giggling like a little school-filly on the bed. Tavi tackled her. Which turned out to be a mistake as they rolled around playfully until Vinyl was directly on top of her.

"I thought you said it was me who was moving too fast?" Vinyl said with that same cheeky grin.

Vinyl proceeded to give Tavi a light peck on the lips as she giggled at Vinyl's comment about her being a hypocrite. Tavi stopped and turned back into an apple at the unexpected gift.

"I guess I did sort of jump on top of you..." Tavi playfully bucked Vinyl off, but not so hard that it hurt. Vinyl landed on her back and laughed out loud.

"What's so funny?" Tavi asked afraid of what the answer might be.

"You bucked my stomach!!!" Vinyl screeched while still laughing.

"What about that is so hysterical to you?" Tavi asked again.

"Don't you remember? I'm ticklish!!! And when you tickle my stomach it's really REALLY hard to stop laughing!!!" Vinyl was turning red from lack of oxygen.

"VINYL DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!!!" Tavi shouted worried that her friend was about to pass out.

Tavi could only think of three things that could snap her out of this. Wubs, Something else to laugh at, and her. Tavi already learned Vinyl didn't find her jokes funny and Vinyl wasn't in any condition to make music. Meanwhile, Vinyl was turning as purple as her lens shades. She knew what must be done, and it made her even more of a hypocrite. She held Vinyl still for a moment and gave her a little peck. Vinyl stopped almost immediately and started to turn white again.

"I thought you-" Vinyl started.

"Don't even say that I'm a hypocrite." Tavi said as she put a hoof to Vinyl's mouth, and since Vinyl was Vinyl she did the most disgusting thing possible and.... licked it.

"Eeeeewwwww!!!!! Vinyl that's unsanitary!!!" Tavi shouted horrified at her now saliva-covered hoof.

"What have you been putting that somewhere you don't want me to know about?" Vinyl asked with a raised eyebrow and devilish grin.

"No, but I have put it on every part of the ground I walked on to get here!!!" Tavi ran to the bathroom and began washing the saliva off. No matter how much she liked Vinyl she could always be too obnoxious sometimes...not to mention slightly disgusting.

There was a knock on the door and the sound of their mailbox slamming closed.

"I got it!!!" Vinyl shouted down the hall as she knew Tavi was still washing her hoof off.

Tavi could hear Vinyl run down the hall and then once again fall down the stairs. Tavi started giggling.

"For buck sake!!!" Vinyl shouted to nopony in particular, but it was loud enough that if they had neighbors they would've heard it.

Tavi finished washing her hoof and turned off the water. Only to be questioned...

"Hey Octy!!! Who is..."The Derpster"? Vinyl asked as Tavi walked down the stairs.

"That's Derpy. Why?" Tavi answered then questioned.

"Well she really seems to like you...like a lot." Vinyl blushed as she read through more of the letter.

"Hey! Stop reading MY mail!" Tavi angrily shouted as she reached the bottom of the stairs. "Wait...what do you mean?"

"Looky here..." Vinyl said as she used her magic to float the letter over to Tavi.

Tavi skimmed over it, and promptly blushed.

"Oh my..." Was all that the grey musician could muster as she read through more of the letter. "I didn't know that Derpy had feelings for me. I thought we were just friends."

"Well it doesn't seem like she thinks so." Vinyl said with a chuckle. The current situation didn't seem to bother her in the slightest. The white unicorn currently had her head inside the refrigerator.

"How are you so calm about this?" Tavi asked, head cocked sideways with one eyebrow raised.

"Two reasons. One: You never said we were getting back together. Two: This just seems like some little crush or something." Vinyl turned around and had something in her magical grasp.

"What's that?" Tavi questioned as she gestured to the item that Vinyl had just put in the microwave.

"My dinner. Duh." Vinyl said as she leaned against the kitchen counter.

"What did I tell you about vague answers?" Tavi asked. She knew it would annoy Vinyl.

"Okay geez. It's some boxed dinner or lunch thing that you microwave then eat. Happy?" Vinyl said as she rolled her eyes.

"I don't think you're supposed to put those in the fridge." Tavi said smiling.

"Are you sure? Hold on." Vinyl opened the microwave as it beeped signaling it was done heating its contents. "Do NOT refrigerate. Could cause sicknesses."

"Well?" Tavi said with a smile and an arched eyebrow.

"What? Have I gotten sick? I don't think so." Vinyl said killing Tavi's thoughts of Vinyl puking her guts out over the toilet. Tavi shivered.

"Why did I think of that?" Tavi thought in her head as Vinyl came over and sat in the chair to her left.

"So what does your little mare-friend want?" Vinyl said giggling.

"It says- HEY! She isn't my mare-friend. How can she be if YOU are?" Tavi said as Vinyl leaned back in her chair. Tavi never understood how Vinyl could balance like that, but she found a way to make her lose it. Vinyl suddenly processed what Tavi said.

"Whoaaaa!!!!" Was the only thing Vinyl could say before she toppled over backwards. Tavi covered her muzzle with her hoof to avoid the wave of laughter that was about to overtake her.

"A-are you okay Vinyl?" Tavi asked as the white mare laid there on her back staring up at the ceiling.

"You-you said th-that I was your..." Vinyl slowly said.

"Mare-friend." Tavi finished for her. "Now, Are you okay?"

"My head hurts, but I think I'm okay." Vinyl replied standing up and using her magic to fix the chair's positioning.

Tavi stood and walked around the table, going behind Vinyl as she went, she planted a little kiss on the back of the unicorn's head. She proceeded to head up the stairs.

"Oh, by the way I'll be in my room. The door will be unlocked of course." Tavi heard a thud, but she didn't stop. She didn't even bother showering. She went into her old room which Vinyl had tried to keep "clean" for her. She closed the door slowly until only a crack of an opening was left. She went and got into her bed. She slowly drifted off into sleep.


Vinyl's POV


"Oh by the way I'll be in my room. The door will be unlocked of course." Octy said as her hoof-steps stopped for a moment. Vinyl didn't have any comprehension of what Octy truly meant by that. Vinyl stood still for a moment, and then in true style slammed her head against the table. It made her head hurt, but what was worse was that her dinner was sent all over the floor and opposite wall. Vinyl didn't care. She was in a sea of happiness and nothing could sink her ship. She got up and grabbed her phone. She started a playlist she made. She made sure it wasn't too loud. Just in case Octy was asleep.

Vinyl started cleaning, but she noticed she had gotten some on the love letter for Octy. She went to see if it was significantly bad or not. When she did she saw...

...If you to want meet me in the meadow outside the Everfree Forest at 6:00 P.M.

-Derpy

Vinyl wondered if Octy had read it. She wondered even more if she was going to go. Vinyl thought back to what she had said, but Octy wasn't heartless...even if she was a little too cold in some situations. It seemed that Octy had changed. Vinyl decided that she would remind her in the morning.

Vinyl finished cleaning the mess she had made. She crept up the stairs and turned on the shower. She wasn't dirty, but if she was going to sleep next to Octy she wanted to smell at least "good". She showered and played one of her mixes in her head. She turned off the water and opened up the curtain and found...

"Hello beautiful..." Said the grey mare leaning against the doorway to the bathroom.

"Whaaa!!!" Vinyl screeched rather loudly. It wasn't that Octy hadn't seen her this way, but she just hadn't expected her to be there. They didn't wear clothes often anyways. She hadn't closed the door. She floated a towel over to cover herself.

"Awww...Why are you covering all that up?" Octy asked with a grin. Vinyl smiled and moved the towel around with her magic to dry herself off. Her hair went back to the unkempt mess that it always was.

"How about we go to sleep?" Vinyl suggested. She just wanted to end the awkwardness of the whole situation.

"Together?" Octy asked with some rather adorable puppy dog eyes. Vinyl had to admit she had gotten a lot better at that. She remembered the first time Octy had tried that on her. The only reason it was cute was because of how hard she had tried.

"I guess so..." Vinyl replied. She wanted to sound as if she hadn't been thinking about it during her shower.

"Are you done then?" Octy said with a bored expression on her face.

"Are you rushing ME now?" Vinyl asked with a grin. "I remember when you'd take hours to get ready just so you could get some music book or collection or something."

"Why would you care? You never use sheet music." Octy replied grinning the same way right back at her.

"That's because everything comes from in here." Vinyl said as she put a hoof to her head.

"I never knew ideas could come out of something so hollow." Octy said chuckling as she walked back to her room. Vinyl simply finished up in the bathroom and followed Octy into her room. She found her getting under the covers. Vinyl went to the opposite side and got in with her, but as she did she gave the other mare a playful push and sent her rolling off the bed. Consequently, the blanket went with her. Vinyl hadn't thought of that and was quickly dragged toward Octy's side of the bed. There was a bump which was followed by a certain grey mare's groan. Vinyl's head was over the edge of the bed. What she saw was a mass of blankets, hair, and grey pony.

"Hehe....whoops?" Vinyl said, somewhat attempting an apology. Octy just gave her a playful bop on the nose. "Ouch!!!" Vinyl screeched faking actual pain.

"You can't be serious. The Vinyl I remember was a lot tougher than that." Octy said jokingly as she stood up and attempted to fix the blankets, but that proved hard for the earth pony. Vinyl knew this would be since she was rolling around like a foal on the bed. Octy gave her a much less playful push and sent her sprawling over the other side of the bed.


Tavi's POV


Tavi blushed as she saw the position that Vinyl had landed in. The unicorn had went front first over the side of the bed with her rear still on the bed. This gave Tavi a somewhat full view of Vinyl's nether region that was only obscured by the mare's electric white and blue tail.

"Um...Vinyl I can see your-*ahem*-nether region." Tavi said trying to not sound awkward. This sight wasn't new to her. They rarely wore clothes save for their signature looks, but Tavi couldn't help but feel slightly awkward at how the situation was.

"My what?" Vinyl said playfully as she lifted up her tail. Tavi knew she had done this on purpose.

"Stop that." Tavi said as she threw the mass of blankets over her. "Now YOU can fix the bed."

"Awwww." Was the only muffled sound that came out of the pile of blanket and bed-sheet. The blankets were then caught in the unicorn's magic aura and put back on the bed.

"Do you even want to sleep?" Vinyl asked with a frown.

"I'm not particularly tired." Tavi replied thinking of what they could do. "Do you want to play the game?"

"What game?"

"I don't remember what it's called. The...RPG? I think that was its genre." Tavi answered. The unicorn's face lit up.

"Oh! That one." Vinyl began to go to the room down the hall that had her computer. "Wait what will you play on?"

"Pinkie gave me her laptop to borrow while I was here." Tavi replied happily as she went over to her saddlebags and pulled it out. "See?"

"PINK OVERLOAD!!! AHHH!!!!" Vinyl yelled playfully as she ran down the hall.

Tavi smiled. She had missed times like these with the crazy DJ.

"Yet...She'll DJ a wedding with the same pink pony. How strange." Tavi couldn't help it. It just didn't make sense. In hindsight Vinyl nor Pinkie would actually make sense. Vinyl rarely gave logical answers, but... Pinkie somehow....repeatedly....breaks the laws of physics. Tavi thought back to the laptop. "How did this fit in her hair?"

"HURRY UP!!! YOU'RE GOING SO ADAGIO!!! I'LL BE IN MY GRAVE BY THE TIME YOU GET HERE!!!"

Tavi trotted into the room. This room hadn't been kept "clean" like the others.

"You said my jokes were bad...and stop being so fortissimo." Tavi said with a glance at the blushing unicorn.

"My bad..." The embarrassed mare said simply.

"Come on get your game started." Tavi ordered. "I wanna see what your character set-up is."

"Really?" The unicorn cocked her head. "Why would you care?"

"Because it's the character of my sweet little Scratch." Tavi was smiling a slightly seductive smile at the mare to her right. Vinyl was silent as she turned on the game and logged in.

Tavi opened up Pinkie's laptop and hit the power button. She was surprised to find that the battery life indicator just had a picture of Pinkie's cutie mark. She wondered how this laptop would run the game. Her computer in her apartment barely ran it smoothly. Tavi smiled as she remembered that this was Pinkie's laptop and she broke the laws of everything on a near-daily basis.

"What level are you Vinyl?" Tavi asked suddenly. The unicorn was currently enthralled in reading the description of a rare staff that was a merchant's current item of the day.

"Level 17." Vinyl said absent-mindedly

"Wait how are you the same level as me?" Tavi asked surprised.

"Well....remember how you were trapped in that shadow stuff?" Vinyl asked to see if the mare remembered. Tavi gave a nod. "Well I got you out of it with a spell and it technically counted as helping with the fight. I got rewards for it and everything. Nothing good though...just bits and experience." Tavi had been logging in as Vinyl was explaining.

"You ready?" Tavi asked with a cocky smile.

"What do you think?" Vinyl said as she teleported in front of Tavi and twirled her new staff into combat position. The one that she bought minutes before the item of the day had randomly switched. Both mares look at each other nodded.

"Let's rock this melody and Drop that bass!" The mares were both grinning as they both had somehow subconsciously knew to say the line they would say before they started playing a song together.