• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 542 Views, 51 Comments

Fancy Meeting YOU here... - Unbound Bass



Tavi and Vinyl's falling out has caused a hole in Tavi's heart, but when she finds Vinyl in an MMORPG she gets help from an unexpected ally...

  • ...
1
 51
 542

Prologue

Prologue

Manehattan wasn't always a place for dreams to come true. For the Grey Mare walking down her lonely street this was the case.

Octavia was slowing walking down her street to her apartment which brought her so much pain and loneliness. She never truly felt at home in Manehattan, and for her she never would. Her thoughts trailed as she slowed pace.

"Why....why did I do it..." Octavia thought as she began to break down in the middle of the street and cry.

Luckily her street never was crowded and at this time of day most ponies were either at their jobs or in their homes comfortably living through their day.

"At least I'm not completely alone here I guess... her thoughts wandering to that day's earlier practice with her trio as she regained her composure slightly.


Earlier that day...

"Octavia. Hey Octavia!"

The near shout snapped Octavia out of her thoughts as a dark blue earth pony stallion was waving a hoof in front of her.

"I'm fine.... thanks Tuning Fork," Tavi said meekly.

"No problem Octavia just don't forget to come in on the chorale this time 'kay?" Tuning Fork said with a grin.

"Kind of hard to come in AFTER you if you don't come in yourself," added the chuckling golden Pegasus stallion.

"Sorry ... it's just been a hard....time," Octavia apologetically said, "It's hard to focus sometimes..."

They sat in silence for a good 20 seconds. Until the golden Pegasus spoke up.

"What should we practice first?" The golden Pegasus asked looking to both Octavia and Tuning Fork.

Octavia sat in silence back in her thoughts. Tuning Fork simply gestured for the Pegasus to choose.

"You pick Brass Bomb, I believe it was your turn to pick anyways," Fork said with a grin. He already had an idea of what he would pick.

"My favorite of course!" Shouted the Up-beat golden Pegasus, "Pony Concerto No.7!"

Octavia simply sat in silence with a blank expression on her face while she waited for her rests to end so she could begin her long note crescendo. Of course being as phased out as she was the note came out as a monotone note of utter sadness. The other two ponies simply looked at her with blank stares. After another long wait that was filled with only Octavia's sad monotone note Tuning Fork eventually spoke.

"Let's just cut this practice short," The Dark Blue Pony looked at Octavia with a frown. "Would you like to talk to us about it... if it would make you feel better of course!" He quickly added as he noticed the tears streaming down her face.

Octavia simply looked at him ignoring the embarrassment of crying in front of her new friends/colleagues. Her crying face was enough to sadden even the Up-beat golden Pegasus.

Brass Bomb's face lightened up as he got an idea. He whispered it to Tuning Fork who simply shrugged. They turned to Octavia who was still crying, but now she had a questioning look on her face.

"How would you like to play a video-game with us sometime?" Brass Bomb asked with a big smile back on his face. "You have a computer in your apartment right?"

Octavia stared for a minute and looked down in thought. Brass Bomb and Tuning Fork simply waited for a response.

"I guess I could try..." Octavia said without expression. "I mean I have way too much free time nowadays... I guess it could help alleviate some of my stress,"

Brass Bomb and Tuning Fork both grinned happily. They looked at each other and nodded.

"Welcome to the Honor Bound Equestrians!" Shouted the dark blue pony.

Catching Octavia off-guard she jumped and subsequently sending her and her chair backwards onto the floor. Brass Bomb starting laughing hysterically the moment it happened.

"Octavia that was hilarious!" The Golden Pegasus walked over to her to promptly get slapped across the face by a not-so-amused Octavia. "Bucking Ouch!!!!"

Tuning Fork watched the whole scene play out in front of him as if it was a play put on by a drama group. He chuckled quietly making sure that Octavia didn't hear so that he didn't get the hoof across his face as well.

"By the way Octavia if you can get a headset with a built-in Microphone," Tuning Fork stated, "It is so much easier to communicate that way,"


Back in the Present...

Octavia chuckled as she remembered the sight of Brass Bomb's reddened face.

"He'll never be a gentlecolt no matter how hard he tries," She said aloud still chuckling and shaking her head while she did so.

She rounded the corner and entered the door to her apartment building. She walked to the desk and reclaimed her room key.

"Thanks for watching my key..." She said to the desk pony who simply nodded in response and went back to reading a magazine about houseplants.

Octavia found the elevator and hit the number 4 to go to her apartment. As the elevator went up Octavia glanced into her saddlebags and saw the headset she had purchased.

"This game better be worth it," Octavia thought, "these things weren't cheap!"

The elevator creaked and stopped at the floor marked 4. Octavia stepped out and went 2 doors down and stopped at the apartment marked Room 18

"Well let's get this over with..." Octavia said as she unlocked her door and entered her apartment.

Octavia turned on the computer she rarely used, but she had brought from Ponyville just in-case she'd need it. She waited for it to boot-up and fiddled with her new headset as she did. When it finally did she looked up the MMORPG that her friends had told her about. She typed in "Equestrians at War". She hit download and waited. She examined her headset a bit closer. It was a simple item. Its simple purpose was to allow her to hear the sound from the game and communicate with her friends. She cursed at the fact that they were so expensive for something so simple.

"I guess they will do for now," She said looking back up at the screen.

Her jaw dropped as she saw it was done downloading. She was met with a beautiful two-sided screen the showed one side green, bright, and prosperous. On the other side was a dark, burning, wasteland. A window in the middle of the screen asked her to register or login.

"Well the artwork is beautiful..." referring to both sides not just the lush green side.

She promptly filled in the information needed to register and waited for it to process. Afterwards she was met with a choice screen. It read,

Royal Army or Rebellious Hearts?

She picked Royal Army as her friends had prompted her to do. As soon as she had clicked it went to a character creation screen with a randomized character on it.

"Interesting..." She said as she took note of what the randomized character looked like.

It was a pale white unicorn mare wearing bright robes. The class read "Angel Priestess". As Octavia stared at the character...she broke into tears.

Author's Note:

This is my first fanfic so it is most likely not formatted correctly and there may be a few grammatical errors. If you find any please tell me in the comments. I plan to do my best to keep this story updated as much as I can. :twilightsmile: Tell me what you thought please! Thanks everypony!