• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 542 Views, 51 Comments

Fancy Meeting YOU here... - Unbound Bass



Tavi and Vinyl's falling out has caused a hole in Tavi's heart, but when she finds Vinyl in an MMORPG she gets help from an unexpected ally...

  • ...
1
 51
 542

Wounded Pride...

Octavia kneeled petrified of what was approaching as a sudden realization came to her... she could possibly lose this fight...

"....No...." Octavia slowly said standing weakly as she did so. "NO!" She raised her sword and took up the best defensive stance she could muster.

The wolf donned a devilish and animalistic grin. Octavia simply waited. The wolf made a move towards her, but was hit right on the snout with a round egg shaped projectile.

The projectile burst into a ball of grey dust. The wolf backed away as the symbol for the "Blinded" status effect appeared on its health bar.

Octavia was suddenly grabbed, but not by a wolf. A white Angel Priestess Mare had grabbed her. The mare was silent and pulled her behind a large rock. The mare's horn lit up and Octavia's wound healed along with a small amount of health. Her Health Bar read....

Octavia Lvl:5 HP:64/75

The mare spoke in a voice Octavia was all too familiar with....

"Hey Octy...." Vinyl slowly said. "How long has it been?"

Octavia quickly got up and rushed to the fight. She didn't have time to let her emotions run wild right now. Especially with her friends fighting off the Area Boss as well as its grunts.

Octavia had quickly grown fond of the game that she'd previously thought she'd despise. It was now important to her. Failure was not an outcome she wanted.

The white mare simply watched her rush off.

Octavia re-casted all of her buffs and joined the fray. As soon as she entered the field they began to take the advantage back. As if she was a morale boost to all the newbies fighting along side her. She slayed two "Hunting Wolves" that were harassing their only offensive mage who had been up to this point providing long-range elemental support.

"Octy look out!" Vinyl shouted.

Octavia spun to see Vinyl's Angel Priestess character tackle a "Hunting Wolf" that had pounced from behind her stopping less than a foot away from her position. Octavia knew now that the Angel Priestess class was a healer/support class not a fighting class. Yet, Vinyl was right there using a dagger to slay the wolf that she'd pinned to the ground. Tuning Fork's voice snapped her out of it.

"Help!" Tuning Fork screeched. "My shield can't block all this damage!"

Octavia could see he was surrounded and was quickly losing HP. She reacted on a new-found instinct. She rushed towards the group almost as a blur. She killed one of the "Hunting Wolves" with a bludgeon to the skull. The critical was triggered and its skull caved in as it toppled over. Tuning Fork had managed to kill one of them with a sword through its chest. Blood shot out in all directions as Tuning Fork tore his sword out of the lifeless wolf to engage yet another one.

"Octavia just take care of the boss!" Tuning Fork's expression was one of desperation. "I can handle this!"

Octavia thought of the saying, "Never underestimate a cornered rat." She took trust in Tuning Fork and went straight into the core of the fight. The Area Boss had been whittled down a bit by some of the randoms, but was still a major threat. Octavia was confused at first to see that it had already killed off 5 of the players that had joined in even though it was still blinded. She thought hard while she approached and realized it was a wolf. It had an astounding sense of smell.

"Damn..." One of the players Octavia didn't know had his sword leg crippled leaving him combat ineffective.

The wolf smelled the blood coming out of his wound and attacked him specifically. Octavia arrived just in time to deflect the attack. She paid the price. Her sword had been split in two. The wolf claw had gone clean through the blade. She checked the injured Knight. He was completely still.

"What in the name of Celestia are you waiting for RUN!" Octavia shouted at him and he began running to the same rock that Octavia had been behind just moments before.

Octavia was now in a serious jam. She was weaponless. She knew she couldn't effectively fight back now. The wolf swung at her. She wondered why it had attacked her, but then she noticed everyone except Brass and Vinyl had retreated. She dodged swing after swing until her buffs ran out.

"Damn it!" Octavia had nowhere to go and no weapon to fight with.

"Octy take this!" Vinyl shouted Horn glowing profusely.

As soon as she had said that a Sword of Light appeared in front of Octavia. Tavi grabbed it and felt a buff occur. Her strength and speed had been buffed. She stacked her own buffs on top of that and prepared her counterattack.

"Octy be careful that sword will only last five minutes!" Vinyl's voice sounded worried.

She checked the Boss' Health Bar and it read...

Wolf Pack Alpha-Male Lvl:5 HP:21/50 BLINDED!!!

Octavia knew her window would close fast. She sprinted the fastest she'd ever had before. It may have been from the sword's buffs on her own or maybe the mission to not let the others down. She didn't care. She knew what to do. Instead of going for the head she slid under the wolf and planted the sword of light in its chest and stomach as she slid. The deep long cut showered blood on her as she went. When she stopped she looked back just in time to see the wolf explode into pure light almost enough to blind anyone looking at it. The loot pop-ups began...

Wolf Pack Alpha Skull (Legendary)(Helmet)(Lvl:7)

450 Bits

100 Exp.

Octavia went from level five to seven instantly. Cheers echoed around her from everyone. She was focused on finding Vinyl. She looked hard, but Vinyl had disappeared. She allocated her skill points to SPD and PRCSN. Improved her two best SPD and PRCSN buffs and then equipped the new helmet. More cheers echoed in the field as she walked to the group wearing the Legendary Helmet. Brass landed next to her.

"Well aren't you lucky?" Brass smiled wide. "You got the Legend Helmet on your first try."

"That's cool I guess..." Octavia replied meekly.

"Why you so sad?" Brass looked concerned now. "We won!"

"I would have rather gotten something else..." Octavia looked away from her friend.

"What? You mean like the Legendary Sword?" Brass asked simply.

"No....I would've rather gotten Vinyl back." Octavia said.

She sat back in her chair and muted her microphone. For the third time that day she cried.