• Published 3rd Jun 2016
  • 455 Views, 4 Comments

Derpy And Carrot Top: Friends Till The End - Rtrotten



Derpy receives a map and is told to meet in the Everfree forest with a friend. Derpy convinces her friend Carrot Top to join her. Once inside they find old ruins and start a war between fire and ice that was prophesied to happen.

  • ...
 4
 455

Acheron

Author's Note:

She'll say a name of her's or city, Do not take advice do not pity
She'll tell a story of the once known crown, Of the evil who took it with it's bound
If you turn to look around and gaze, You'll see no death an icy maze
The caverns of time and caverns of old , The queen with her evil and brand new cold

They got on to a boat and pushed off. All of the spiders followings came to a stop at the water's edge. They all took the time to catch their breath and to laugh at the fact that they made it out alive. Derpy and Carrot Top turn around and both jaws drop immediately when they saw a frozen city. There were houses and shops and roofs made of straw. The city was covered in a light blue maze.

Derpy walked to the front of the boat where the lantern was shining warmly while Acheron and Carrot Top stood at the back. Carrot Top kept asking more and more questions to Acheron about the city and what happened. Acheron told of a city that was great and wonderful. Even though most of the city was underground the ponies who lived there were never cold and alone in the dark, in fact, many shops and houses were built in the city of Acheron. One day a darkness came and rolled over the city bringing the snow and the ice, it also brought an evil queen with it . The queen was as cold as the ice and frost that she brought while her heart was split into three. For five days in snowed and made frost but that wasn't the worst part, then the wendigo 's came and froze most of the civilians, but by the time the princesses showed up it was too late.

Derpy had overheard the conversation and listened to the story. Carrot Top asked what happened to the queen. Acheron said she was frozen in the middle of the city and will sleep there forever more. Derpy listening in got more envious because Carrot Top was her friend and now she was paying more attention to Acheron then any pony else ever. Derpy started thinking about the story and thought of how Acheron described the queen. Derpy got more and more suspicious when she finally asked how the queen would break free. Acheron said, " If any pony is brought near the Queen it will replace her with whoever it is".

Derpy followed up by asking "where are we going"? Acheron asked why Derpy was asking so many questions. This made her even more angry Derpy shouted " Carrot Top has been asking you questions for the last forty minutes and you didn't ask her why"! Derpy flew off while Carrot Top told her to come back. Acheron told Carrot Top that Derpy would be fine and she just needs to blow off some steam.

Derpy was use to it being warm flying off made her regret doing so. When she found a place that wasn't too cold she noticed something a distance behind the boat in the fog. There were two yellow dots hiding in the fog, they would turn whitish blue and back to yellow. It popped out of the fog for a second and went back . It didn't take a second look to realize they were being followed by wendigos, they had stayed here. Derpy heard something behind her when she realized she had been followed too. She tried to fly but her wings were to cold. She jumped down and started moving her wings to warm them up. She started shouting to Carrot Top, "There are wendigos following you!"