• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 2,256 Views, 7 Comments

A Love With No Antidote - FlameMist



Rarity shares her true feeling for Spike. The two are perfect for each other. Sequel to Sparity

  • ...
3
 7
 2,256

Spike Is Faced With A Problem

Author's Note:

Hey readers! Hey readers? To any people who might be reading this,
This chapter's original release date was Monday, May 16th, but due to random stuff, it wasn't published. This chapter may be remastered/re-edited, so stay tuned if you like that kind of stuff. Also, this particular chapter is shorter than planned chapters, that range from 5,000-6,000 words. The next chapter will be out approximately one week from today!

It was weird. No, it was idiotic. This situation. More than idiotic. It was... was...

The night before this was the night Spike discovered Rarity truly loved him. It wasn't because of a stupid potion, it wasn't because of some kind of twisted form of pity. It was passion.

No. Spike would expect Rarity to date Twilight more than himself.

....

Ugh. Spike thought.

I can't do it.

It's impossible.

No, she loves me. Not because of a potion.

I'm doing it. Tonight.


"Oh Sweetie, I just can't." Rarity wailed.

Her sister simply smiled. She took big swing out of a cup of red punch on the table. She lowered it, and revealed a large red moustache-shaped mark over her lips. With a burp, she wiped off the punch with her foreleg.

Rarity looked at her sister in disgust and disappointment. Hmm. She has a lot to learn.

Sweetie slide the cup to the side of the table where Rarity stood. "Hit me up." She grunted feebly.

Rarity knocked the cup off the table. "Sweetie!" She said impatiently. "You said you'd help me out."

Sweetie opened her mouth and sucked in air, as if to bestow upon her sister the most brilliant idea ever, when Rarity covered lips. "And don't say love potion this time."

"Dang."

Silence.

"Well?" Rarity broke the quiet.

"Well, I have no ideas!" She said, hopping off the chair and walking upstairs.

"Wait!" Rarity said, walking up to Sweetie. "You can't be serious! Surely you've had-"

"Really." Sweetie rolled here eyes. "You think I have had any experience with colts? Let alone dragons? Well if that's what you think, you're on your own, big sis. I just came down for the sandwiches." She chuckled.

Rarity let go of her sister, letting her gallop up the stairs.

She's right. I can't pawn off my sister for advice.

Rarity thought she had come to her senses.

But I can pawn off my friends! She thought. Twilight!

And once more, Rarity was strolling along to Twilight's dwelling. The Golden Oak Library. She remembered. nothing of 'snuggling Spike to death' will there, but she giggled at the thought.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

Rarity could hear hoofsteps rushing to the door. The door swung open, revealing her purple friend, Twilight.

Rarity rushed through the door. "Oh Twilight!" She said, fainting into the mare's forehooves. "I need your help!"

Once again. Twilight issued in her mind.

"What is it this time?" She asked Rarity.

Rarity was hardly ready to admit she was 'crushing' on Spike, even though, well... Spike had grown a bit since well... a few weeks. He was about as tall as Rarity herself. But still, one of Twilight's best friends, dating her number one assistant. It did seem naggingly odd. Mostly because they were two different species!

Come on Rarity.

Twilight cleared her throat loudly. "What is it this time?"


Rarity quickly snapped out of Rarity and Spike World, and turned to face Twilight. "You... I- Well- Is Spike here?"

"He's sleeping." Twilight said, gesturing upstairs.

"Well..." Rarity didn't want to sound like Pinkie Pie, but it would be the only option.

"Spike... well... I invited him to dinner so then he came over and I was OOH HI and then he's like ok hi and then it was all awkward because he had a crush on me and I had- well.... I mean it was so awful and now he probably thinks I'm a creep and never wants to visit!" Rarity said as fast as she could. "Because... well... I-"

"You... what?" Twilight said, curiously. "Do you 'like' Spike?"

"No!" Rarity said. "I mean come on thats crazy talk... I mean I-"

Twilight raised an eyebrow.

"Okay fine! I do!" Rarity blurted.

Twilight tried to hold back a smile. "At least your being honest." She said, rolling her eyes. There was silence for a while, until Rarity spoke.

"Soooo..." Rarity said. "Are you going to help me?"

"How am I supposed to know what to do?" Twilight said, not looking at Rarity, but instead organizing a particular shelf in her library, obviously trying to dodge a subject.

"Well, you know... Because your dating-"

"OKAY! I HAVE SOME ADVICE." Twilight said loudly, cutting off Rarity's last words. She strolled over to another bookshelf, searching for a particular book. She obviously couldn't find it. "Hm. I could have sworn I put Relationships 101 right here!" She said. With no more luck, she grabbed another book on the same shelf. She walked over and handed it to Rarity.

Tips and Tricks To Hit it Off With Your Crush Rarity read, hardly believing that this book could help her. Then again, what else would you expect from Twilight? "So should I return this?" Rarity asked.

"No, you keep it." Twilight smiled. "I've got a dozen other copies."

"Thanks." Rarity said slowly, walking toward the door.

"Thanks for stopping by!" Twilight called as Rarity left outside the door.


A few moments after Rarity left, Spike strutted down the stairs.

He was thinking about Rarity. He could vaguely imagine he and Rarity in a relationship. I was just strange. For a second, he thought about canceling this whole ordeal. No... But still... Rarity was acting strange that other day. She never acted like that. Still, the never thought of it spooked and excited Spike at the same time.

He wasn't ready, really. I mean, what if he couldn't meet Rarity's expectations? What if- Well... Well,

Suddenly, Spike heard the familiar call of Twilight.

"SPIKE!!!"

Uh Oh. Spike thought. She knows something. But before he could escape, Twilight was on to him. He spun around.

"Oh Spike! I totally forgot! I'm sorry I didn't tell you... but... Celestia needs you at Canterlot right now!" Twilight shouted, breaking into pace around the library.

"Uh. Okay. Why?" Spike said, glad that Twilight hadn't figured out that he had mutilated one of her favorite books. Relationships 101, was it? Whatever.

"Royal business, I guess?!" Twilight said. "You've done it before, you'll know!"

"Twilight, relax." Spike said, walking up the stairs calmly. "I'm sure It's not that urgent, because if it was..."

"Then she'd need you right this second!" Twilight said. "AAH!" She screamed. "It is that important!"

"Wait..." Spike said. "If she needs me right now, then-"

Twilight gasped. "You're right! With all the combined travel time... you probably won't get there by tonight!"

Oh no. Spike thought. I've started her up again. Sometimes I wish I'd shut my-

Suddenly Spike felt a familiar tingling, burning sensation coming up his throat. BELCH! Twilight grabbed the scroll suspended in the air that had popped out of Spike's mouth.

"That must be her again!" She unrolled the scroll and read.

My Dearest Twilight,
Do not stress about getting to Canterlot on time, because I will be at the library in 10 minutes.
With Love, Princess Celestia

Spike was about to give Twilight the what-did-tell-you look, but her stressing didn't end.

"Oh no!" She said. "Ten minutes! You still have to pack your things, and oh... we don't even know how long-"

Spike tuned out Twilight's voice. He was thinking. Now it was his turn to explode.

"Oh NO!" Spike said suddenly. "I was going to go to Rarity's tonight!"

"Are you kidding?" Twilight shouted. "You can't just-"

Silence.

"What?" Spike said.

"Well, I was going to tell you something about Rarity, but-" Twilight was cut off by a knock on the door. "Celestia!" She said, rushing over. Surprisingly, when she opened the door, Rainbow Dash was standing there.

"Rainbow?" Twilight said, confused. "What is it?" Rainbow stepped into the room without invitation, looking around. She walked into the kitchen, and Twilight quickly followed. "Uhhh... RD?" Rainbow was rummaging through Twilight's things all over the kitchen. She looked under papers on the table, and under dishes.

Spike and Twilight couldn't do anything but stare as Rainbow looked through everything. Finally, Twilight grabbed one of Rainbow's forehooves, pulling her back into the library area. "Rain-bow Dash! What in the name of Celestia are you doing?" Rainbow held in a laugh, but couldn't much longer. She snorted awkwardly, and pointed behind Twilight.

Spike looked back as well. Standing there behind them was the Princess of The Sun. "Oh, hello Spike!" She turned to Twilight. "Twilight." She looked at Rainbow, but said nothing. "Are you ready to leave, Spike?" She asked Spike as Twilight's face turned a dark crimson.

"Uhhhmm... Of course!" Spike said, running upstairs.

"Mhm." Celestia nodded calmly. There was a then a long drawn-out silence, like on elevators when the music is playing and everyone is quiet.

"So!" Rainbow said, breaking the quietude. "Why are you here, Princess?"

Celestia was surprised that Rainbow didn't bow at her at first sight, but that was a good sign, and Celestia appreciated it. But Twilight didn't seem to, as she was making unreadable motions to her friends, that had the common concept: bow.

"I have requisitioned Spike to travel to Canterlot with me, for I feel necessity for his furtherance on his own onus." Celestia pronounced.

"What?" Rainbow said, twitching her ear.

"Well... y'know- I came her for Spike." Celestia said as professionally as possible.

"Oh." Rainbow said boringly.

Soon, Spike came rushing down the stairs. "I'm ready!" He said.

"Good." Celestia said. "Hold onto my left forhoof, and we shall begin our precipitate."

Spike walked to Celestia with his large brown bag, and grabbed onto Celestia's left hoof as instructed. Celestia's horn began to glow. Soon, the room lit up, and beams of light bursted from Celestia, startling Rainbow and Twilight. It was so bright, so brilliant, but yet, so quick. Pop! They were both out of sight, and not a trace of them left behind.

Twilight looked around. Her things were left untouched. "Huh. When I try a teleportation spell like that, it completely destroys everything around me."

Rainbow shrugged. "Iontknow."


Woosh! A powerful gust of wind blew unnaturally inside Celestia throne room. Then pow! A burst of gleaming white light that look like the sun on hot summers day, conjured suddenly. The light soon died down, and standing in it's place was the Princess herself, and a little dragon standing beside her.

"Woowwww..." Spike said, looked around the room in awe. "I really like what you've done with the place." He nodded in consideration.

Celestia couldn't help but chuckle. "Yes, as do I." She was about to explain to Spike why he was here, but he interrupted her.

"No, really! I like it!" He said, walking up to one of the nearby purple pennants, decorated with gold linen and silver silks. "I would say a really nice compliment about this, but I'm not Rarity." He said, moving on to a large stained glass window next to it.

Celestia cleared her through in the most un-rude was she could.

"Oh, yea." Spike blushed. "We should probably get to business."

"Indeed." Celestia nodded.

"Uh- Yea. Indeed." Spike said, walking up to Celestia.

"First..." Celestia said. "I am making sure it is okay with you if you can stay her at Canterlot until Sunday?"

"Sunday?" Spike said, perking his scaly ears. "B-but... today is Monday."

"I know." Celestia smiled.

Spikes eyes widened. "WHAT?!" He shouted. "I mean- um... I don't think that will work out for me."

"I have checked with Twilight, and she said that you would be free through those days." Celestia assured calmly. "She said there were no such important events that would dominate this 'royal calling'."

"Well- Twilight doesn't know everything I have planned!" Spike said resentfully.

"But maybe she knows the important things you've planned." Celestia chuckled.

"Important my be-" Spike stopped himself. "I mean- I guess she does know what's right."

"Notably true." Celestia said. "I am assuming you are now okay with staying here for this week?"

Spike sagged his head down in defeat. You couldn't say no to a Princess. "Yes..."

"Wonderful!" The Princess replied. "Follow me." She said, walking towards door out of the throne room.

Oh dang, oh jeez, oh nilly. Spike thought. This is definitely not going to be okay. But what to do... what to do... Spike thought, as he followed Celestia through the large corridor. It was final. Spike was faced with a problem. And he wasn't sure how to handle it.