• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 1,294 Views, 37 Comments

Who is Bulk Biceps' Special Somepony? - Lise



Bulk Biceps asked to take the day off, so he could spend Hearts and Hooves Day with his special somepony. Now every mare in Poneyville is wondering who that might be.

  • ...
1
 37
 1,294

Noon

Bulk Biceps hummed happily as he made his way to the flower shop. He seemed in unusually good spirits, for being outside a gym. Unknown to him, however, several sets of eyes were watching, carefully observing his every move.

"Oooh, he's going to the flower shop, oooh!" Minuette said in her typical over-cheerful fashion only to be shushed by Lyra and Bon Bon. The three ponies had spent the last hour following the white pegasus throughout Ponyville.

"I'm telling you, there's no way he has a special somepony," Lyra grumbled. Originally she was supposed to be enjoying a nice romantic picnic in the park with Bon Bon. The morning's incident, however, had gotten the better of her date, so Lyra had no choice but to begrudgingly go along. "Honestly, somepony would have known about it," she added bitterly.

"Shh! I see him talking to Rose," Bon Bon focused her binoculars on the store. "He is asking something about a 'special flower'..."

"Ha!" Lyra said triumphantly, pointing a hoof at Bon Bon. "Now I know he lied! All flowers have been sold out for weeks! The ones left are of the garden-variety, and there's no way he would give them to anypony!"

"Sold out for weeks?" Minuette asked. "How could you be sure?"

"Pfft," Lyra waved a hoof. "Same thing happens every year on Hearts and Hooves Day. This isn't Canterlot. I had to order mine months in advance! Even an airhead, such as Bulk, wouldn't dare offer garden flowers on this occasion."

"Maybe he's trying to make up for it in quantity?" Bon Bon suggested.

No sooner had she done so, when Bulk Biceps emerged literally covered in crates of flowers. Five alone were piled on his back, not to mention a few more sticking from his ginormous saddlebags.

"You were saying, Lyra?" Bon Bon looked at her, eyes narrowing. The minty unicorn just shrugged, although it was obvious she too was intrigued by the development. "Let's see where this takes us."

An hour later, the ponies had gone through half the streets of Ponyville and were no closer to finding Bulk's special somepony. The reason was simple - the white pegasus kept walking in circles. Apparently, doing two things at once provided too difficult. For the most part he juggled between balancing the crates on his back and actually looking where he was going. Every now and again Bulk would stop and ask for directions. Each time, Bon Bon and company would hold their breaths, wondering whether the mystery of his marefriend would be revealed.

As time dragged on other ponies would joined in. Initially they would ask Lyra what was going on, laugh at her explanation, then, a few minutes later, tag along despite their better judgement. Even Twilight Sparkle fell victim to her own curiosity. Answering an innocent wave from Minuette, she soon found herself drawn in, and all the logic and magic in Equestria wasn't enough to let her return to her normal day.

"This is ridiculous!" the princess whispered angrily. "This is the third time he's going to the edge of town!

"Err..." Spike tried to say, but was rudely interrupted.

"I mean, it's like he doesn't know where he is going!" Twilight went on. "If he really has a special somepony, I honestly pity her!"

"Twilight!" The dragon pulled her wing, a tad annoyed. "He's not lost this time. Here," he pointed at his clip chart on which there was a rough map of Ponyville. "Each time he gets lost he flexes his muscles twice. See, here and here- " claws tapped on the map, " -he was trying to figure out what to do. This time he's walking straight forward."

"Oh, Spike," Twilight said dismissively. "He can't possibly be going that way. This is the end of town. Or do you think Zecora is his special..."

Her words trailed off, as she realized. There was somepony else who lived in that direction, somepony Bulk knew well.

"Fluttershy!" the alicorn said in utter disbelief, then in a flash teleported everypony near Fluttershy's cottage. "How could I not have seen this!" she said while everypony else was trying to figure out what had just happened. "They did spend a lot of time together training for the Equestria Games. I should have known this would happen! The way Bulk was constantly flexing his muscles in front of Fluttershy, he must have managed to somehow impress her."

"But, Twilight, aren't they, you know, too different?" Spike asked. His expression clearly showed he had trouble imagining Fluttershy and Bulk Biceps as an item. "I'm just saying."

"I know, Spike," Twilight sighed. "What is worse, Fluttershy never told me. She must be afraid I'll disapprove and drive a wedge in their relationship. And we proved her right! Just look at us!" Everypony stirred uncomfortably.

"Well, then, I guess we can all go home," Spike said cheerfully. A single step was all he took before noticing the angry glares everypony was giving him. "Or we can wait a bit longer, just to be certain?" he suggested, flashing his best apologetic smile.

The ponies didn't have to wait long. Soon enough, Bulk Buceps appeared. He was walking confidently, still balancing the crates of flowers. Carefully, he went to the cottage door and gently knocked. Hiding best they could, the ponies and Spike tried to make out what was going on. It wasn't easy. From this distance they could barely see Fluttershy emerge from her cottage. All the shoving and shushing wasn't helping either.

"What's happening?" Twilight asked Bon Bon, who was still the only one with a pair of binoculars.

"Fluttershy is saying he didn't have to bring all those flowers," Bon Bon replied. "She says he's right on time and..." she paused.

"And?" Lyra leaned forward, as if that was going to help her or Bon Bon make anything out.

"And she invited him in," the earth pony replied putting the binoculars away.

"Oooh, this is so exciting!" Minuette hopped behind them. "I would never have thought that those two would be a match!"

Before anypony could add anything, the cottage door opened again, and a very pleased Bulk Biceps emerged from within. There was a green hummingbird hovering over his shoulder. For all intents and purposes that seemed to settle it. Fluttershy would never give a pet to a pony she didn't like. There mere fact that she did so, on a day such as this, spoke volumes.

"Spike, follow him!" Twilight shoved the dragon out of the hiding spot. She then teleported everypony away, before her assistant had a chance to protest. This time they ended right in the middle of Fluttershy's living room.

"Oh, my," the yellow pegasus managed to say at the sight of eight mares suddenly appearing in her home. "I didn't know I was expecting more guests," she said quietly.

"More guests?" Twilight he arched a brow, confused.

"Hello-o-o," a semi-annoyed Rainbow Dash said, standing next to a huge pile of daisies. "And what brings you eggheads here?" Clearly she wasn't overly pleased to see Twilight or the rest.

"Well," Twilight smiled uncomfortably, as everypony else glanced away innocently. "Funny thing, now that you mention it..."

"I'm all ears," Rainbow narrowed here eyes.

"Thing is," Twilight swallowed. "You see, we were wondering if Bulk Biceps wasn't..." She paused again. No matter how one looked at it, there was no good way of putting it. "...If he wasn't Fluttershy's special somepony."

Total silence ensued, followed by Rainbow Dash bursting in laugher. For almost a minute she rolled on the ground uncontrollably, unable to breathe. Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Seriously?" Rainbow Dash finally managed to speak coherently. "Bulk Biceps?"

"Well, I just observe the facts," the princess of Friendship said. "They were pretty close at Rainbow Falls!" The other ponies on the room nodded. "And while you were busy training for both teams he didn't stop flexing his muscles. In front of her! " The ponies nodded again. "Also, how do explain all these flowers?"

The only answer Twilight got was another round of laughter, twice as violent as the last. Obviously Rainbow found this incredibly funny. What was worse the laughter seemed contagious, for Minuette soon joined in.

"Oh, my," Fluttershy said quietly through the noise, all blushing. "Err, Twilight, err..."

No pony paid any attention. Some started discussing things amongst themselves, namely Lyra, who kept on nagging that it was time she and Bon Bon returned to their, so far disastrous, date. Twilight, on her part, was engaged with Rainbiw Dash, trying to stop her laugher with sarcastic remarks.

"Err, excuse me," Fluttershy said again. No reaction. "Excuse me!" she yelled. Her voice, now gaining the might of a raging minotaur, filled the room. Everypony instantly froze and looked at her obediently. "Err, you see," Fluttershy continued in her usual soft tone of voice. "The flowers are not for me, they are for the daisy salad me and Rainbow Dash are going to make. I wanted all my small furry friends to enjoy this day. It is a special occasion for them as well, after all."

The ponies started at her blankly, with the exception of Rainbow Dash who was doing all in her power to stifle the laughter inside of her.

"Bulk agreed to bring them here, since he was coming to get a pet," Fluttershy added.

"A pet?" Twilight asked equal parts angry and disappointed. "He came here just for a pet?!"

"I'll have you know Hummingway is not 'just a pet'!" Fluttershy frowned. "He is an extremely smart and friendly bird! And I'm glad that at least one pony sees that!"

Chaos erupted once more. The mystery solved, there was no reason for the ponies to remain here. Minuette, the only pony who enjoyed the "adventure", had to go back to Canterlot to be with her own special somepony. Soon after, a triumphant Lyra dragged a guilty Bon Bon outside of the cottage. They had a date to get back to and she Lyra expecting her marefriend to make up for it big time. The others too, one by one, gradually left. All that remained from the Bulk hunters was Twilight.

"I can't believe you seriously though Fluttershy and Bulk," Rainbow Dash said, fighting a chuckle. "Don't you think I would have noticed? What in Equestria gave you that idea in the first place?"

"Well, he did ask for a day off from the spa," Twilight said.

"Oh, please!" Rainbow waved a hoof. "I bet he just said that not to feel bad. Although at one point, I did think Aloe was into him."

"Well, she was just as surprised as everypony else," Twilight sighed. The thought of having to resort to am imaginary date was sad. Come to think of it, it would have been nice if somepony had invited her on a date. "Sorry, girls. I guess I was so caught up in this, that I went a bit too far."

"Nah, don't worry about it. It's still funny, though." Rainbow chuckled. "Fluttershy and Bulk," she poked the yellow pegasus beside her, who instantly blushed again.

Suddenly the cottage door brush open and a panting Spike rushed inside.

"Bulk, Bulk..." he tried to say, gasping for air.

"Yes, Spike, we know," Twilight said with the tone of one who was about to hear the punchline of an old joke. "He came here for a pet, and the flowers were for the animals, not Fluttershy."

"... he said he was going to the jeweler's," the dragon finished his phrase.

"What?" Twilight, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash asked in unison.

"And asked me how to tell if a diamond was flawless or not."

"I can't believe it!" Rainbow Dash said in utter disbelief.

"Gee, Rainbow," Spike grumbled, crossing his arms. "It's not like I eat gems for a living, or anything..."

"He really does have a special somepony!" the blue pegasus concluded. "And I have no idea who it is!"

Author's Note:

Advice, suggestions and comments are much appreciated :) Help the quality improve! :D

NOTE: Do you think they'll turn out a cool couple? :)