• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 715 Views, 32 Comments

An Old and Wise Star - Gianfar



In the Everfree forest there's problems with the creatures that threatening Ponyville. Then Luna coupled with her guards, decides to investigate the forest, but what surprises bring the forest to them?

  • ...
10
 32
 715

Chapter 5: Eye of the Beholder Part 2

Meanwhile outside of Canterlot, Twilight had left the castle to find Orion back, which he had left the castle for unknown reasons. Twilight was in a small meadow located at the entrance of the castle, hanging around to find Orion but the moments passed quickly and did not find him anywhere. "Where is he?" she said to herself.
Twilight was about to give up because she surrounded for almost everything around the castle, but then raises her gaze to the mountain on which the city of Canterlot this clinging, and sees a silhouette of a pony, Twilight had no doubt that it was him and decided to climb cautiously the mountain and so as not to alarm him and not leak again
Then, Twilight undertook flight to where Orion was cautiously so as to not alarm him. After a few moments, Twilight came a large part almost on top of the mountain and saw that Orion was sitting in the corner facing to the West, then Twilight low with caution behind him a few meters and begins her walk to where he is, but suddenly

"Leave me alone Twilight" said Orion with breaking voice

Twilight didn't said anything, only she was left in place a few meters behind him, for a moment there was a deep silence

"Why did you leave the castle ... out of nowhere?" asked Twilight

"Excuse me for saying this princess, but this is not your concern. Leave me alone"

"But..."

"Please Twilight, leave me alone"

Twilight was about to turn around and give up not being able to have a coherent answer to why Orion is acting so weird, but then Twilight take a deep breath and stood firm

"NO!" said Twilight firmly

"Get out of here Twilight, leave me alone" he said seriously

"No!, I'm not leaving until you tell me why you left the castle out of nowhere" she said firmly and pounding her hoof on the ground

"Twilight, please, leave me alone" he said starting to chafe

"Is per the issue that you are a alicorn? Is that?" she asked as she approached to where Orion was and then sitting down beside him

"As I said before Twilight, this is not your concern" he said even more serious

"Listen, I know being a alicorn can be uncomfortable and strange but..."

"QUIET!!!" he shouted out furiously

She was surprised to see the reaction of Orion, for a moment she was scared but then she was confused by the reaction took him. But she thought more than twice before saying a word. But then...

"You want to know what my problem is?" he said with all fury "Yes!. That's the damn problem, be an alicorn. You don't know what my life was after I became an alicorn. My life was a misery, having to endure all reviews of all ponies at me for being alicorn. You have no idea of what was my life!"

Twilight was even more surprised to hear that of Orion, she had no idea what it could have affected to him being a alicorn is his last years, he felt a lump in the throat and she didn't know what to say, she was very sorry to have to listen that.

"Why you say that?" she asked trying to get more details

"My l-life after I became alicorn changed forever. E-everypony saw me as a m-monster, all assaulted or insult me for being different from them, which was a creature of hell and among other things I do not want to mention, and if they assaulted me they were afraid of me to hurt or even kill them. Everything c-changed since the death of my brother and my mother my whole life changed, m-my people didn't accept me as a leader despite being the descendant of the same leader who ruled the people, my father, so I had no choice but to start my life as nomad, going from place to place wandering without home or family, just me. I started to go town to town and from city to city to begin a life that is not nomadic, but how hard I tries always them discovered me and I always ended up attacking, and they had sometimes trying to hunt me, but luckily I could always easily escape of them"

Whenever Orion told how was his life after becoming alicorn, his voice was becoming weak and brittle, and sometimes he stuttered

"I was almost five hundred years wandering throughout Equestria and almost all neighboring kingdoms of Equestria, but always trying to get a home of their own in all the villages, they refused me, always ended in some other cave or refuge in deep forests or other places. But one day, I decided to go into the realms of East, I thought it might being my new beginning of a new life, but apparently I was mistaken."

"How did you get to the Eastern Kingdoms?" asked Twilight

"There was a boat in which traveled to the Eastern Kingdoms, was a passenger boat, then I decided to enter covered with a spell to hide my wings and to enter the boat without problems. You may think that spell would have been my salvation, but in itself it was not a spell in which I like to use because I do not like to be covered all the time and besides consuming much energy to keep it active for several days.
When I entered the boat, I had a great relief and hope of a new life. The trip took about three weeks, the boat itself was large and had rooms for each pony that was in that boat, I was in one of the upstairs rooms on the top floor of the boat. The rooms were decent, had a bed, a desk and a small window to look out to sea. With the subject of food, the ship had a large cellar in the stern contained enough supplies for all ponies in the boat. The trip was stressful, but after that will spend three weeks traveling we reached the kingdom of Europe.
When I got off the boat I was surprised to see one of the most important kingdoms of the East, it was beautiful, we left in a town called Malaga, the city itself was beautiful, but after the years passed I had to swallow my words, also they ended up discovering that he was a alicorn and I had to leave my life in the city and start my life as a nomad. I was in the same situation as in Equestria, hundreds of years wandering everywhere, homeless and alone.
It had been another five hundred years and I was still in my life as a nomad, still wandering from one place to the other until I decided to settle temporarily in a forest, but apparently was a mistake, from the trees to be preparing my "den" for I could sleep, he appeared an adult lion. I decided to stay quiet so happen to me, but didn't work and then attacked me, apparently I was invading his territory, since that the lions are very territorial, I didn't want to hurt him and besides I didn't have enough energy to keep him with my magic. So I chose dodge his attacks and see the opportunity to run away, but several times it reached me with its claws, until I decided to throw a beam at him, not strong enough to hurt it, and apparently the lion was gone but it left me very hurt. I was bleeding heavily so I decided to go and collect my things and go quickly to a safer place to heal me, but after a few minutes of walking I fainted for losing a lot of blood. Then I woke up in a small cottage, lying on a bed, not knowing what had happened, did not know if he was dead or if he was still alive. But then I heard a noise outside the room where I was, and then a dark gray unicorn appears, his hair was black and his eyes were color sapphire blue and apparently had a scar on his left eye caused by a sharp object"

(Flashback Time)

"Hey!, apparently you woke up after sleeping for several days" said the unicorn

"What? where am I?" asked Orion confused

"You are in my home, I found you four days ago between the edge of the meadow and the forest that is near here, and apparently you were attacked by an animal in the forest"

"Yeah... I was attacked by a lion..." said Orion as he tried to sit up in bed, it can hear his whining of pain to move

"Wow, apparently you still have energy" said the unicorn surprised

"Hmhm, well ... let's say I still have a little" joked Orion

"Well, I'm glad that it is. Hey ... what's your name colt?"

"My name is Orion"

"It's nice to meet you, Orion. Now tell me, what were you doing in the forest?"

"Well... I"

"Tell me the truth" said the unicorn seriously

"I was looking for a haven in which to spend the night there and then continue with my trip"

"And why were you looking for shelter in the woods? You don't have home?"

"No. I have no home. I left it long time ago to start my life as a nomad"

"Well... that it explains everything"

Suddenly, Orion starts to feel a sharp pain in his back, then directed one of his front hooves to his back and realizes that he has a bandage around from his belly to his back. Orion felt a chill when he noticed that he had a bandage on his back, his breathing began to shake and his heart began to beat louder, pounding his chest as if to pop out

"It hurts a lot, right? You're lucky that your wings are well, if not you had never been able to fly again"

Orion said nothing, only stayed sat in the bed very nervous, his breathing was even more frequent and his heart beat faster, but he tried to hide his nerves to not alert the unicorn, but the unicorn already realized that something bothering him

"Hey colt, are you okay? I see you a little nervous, as if something bothers you" said the unicorn a little confused

"No, I-It's n-nothing"

"Nothing hm?, tell me the truth, what worries you both Orion?. Since you saw that you had a bandage on your back started to get nervous"

"It's n-nothing. Listen, I think I have to go" said Orion while trying to get out of bed

"Wow wow!!. Where do you think you are going? You are wounded from head to toe" said the unicorn while stopped Orion so that him doesn't come down from the bed

"Sorry, but I have to follow my way" Orion still insisted to leave

"Of course not!. You're going to stay here until you recover" said the unicorn firmly

"Listen. I don't want to be rude but if you not let me go through the good, I'll have to do it by force"

"Hmhm. You want to do it by force? so as you are?. You are unarmed, your sword and dagger are in my smithy, and here behind me there is a sword, are you sure you want to do by force?" said the unicorn pointing to the side of the door where it was hung on the wall a steel sword

"Worth a try" joked Orion

"Haha!. Stop talking nonsense and stay in bed. Hey, you want something to eat? having slept so long I think it left you hungry" said the unicorn while he headed for the door of the room

"Alright!, I think I'm a little hungry"

"Ok, try to not move around much, if not you'll feel much pain after"

"Hmhm, ok!"

The unicorn began to leave the room to go get some snacks to eat, but then Orion screamed apparently alarmed the Unicorn

"Hey wait!" shouted out Orion

"What's wrong Orion?" said the unicorn confused

"You didn't told me what's your name"

"Oh!, that manners of mine. My name is Meissa"

Orion didn't say anything, just gave a smile and nodded. Meissa left the room and headed for one of the closets that was near the front door of the house and there grabbed a dark brown leather coat and left the house to the town that was nearby.

Orion: "When he left the house to go buy snacks for me, my head began to run a thousand thoughts of what Meissa would think that I was a alicorn, I was thinking of how he could torture me or kill me. But by other side I looked different to Meissa, very different from the other ponies. Several times I had the idea of getting out of bed, get my stuff and get out of there, but otherwise I was not concern. It was several minutes for that Meissa returned to his cottage after he went to buy snacks"

"Orion I'm back!, and I brought corn biscuits freshly made" said Meissa as he entered the cottage with a bag with cookies

Meissa headed for the room where Orion was and apparently surprised that he was still there lying in bed recovering

"Wow, I thought that to when I return you would not be"

"I don't think this wound on my back let me go far"

"Hmhm. Hey, here I brought some to you" said Meissa giving the bag with cookies to Orion "I brought some corn cookies freshly made by the best cook in the town near of here"

"Wow, thanks Meissa" said Orion with a smile as he pulled off the bag a corn cookie still hot.

"No problem" said Meissa with a smile.

"Wanna eat?" said Orion returning the bag to Meissa to accompany him

"Alright, I'll eat a cookie" Meissa said as he pulled off the bag a cookie and then taking a bite "Hmhm apparently Mrs. Grape never fails to make these cookies so rich"

"They are very delicious" said Orion while carrying another corn cookie into his mouth

"Hey, I want you to tell me something Orion, and I want you to tell me the truth. Why when you realized that you had a bandage on your back and when I mentioned about your wings, you started to get very nervous?. Tell me the truth, I just want to know"

Orion took a deep breath, grabbed the bag containing snacks and set it on the bedside table that was next to the bed "The problem is really what I am. I'm a alicorn"

"And what it is the problem that you're a alicorn?"

"Everything. I have been tortured, wanted to hunt me, also insulted me of being a disgrace to the other ponies. Since I became a alicorn, my life changed forever"

"Why did they do that?"

"For being a disgrace to the gods, as the alicorn race is a royal race and seeing an outlaw as I, they see me as a disgrace. E-Everypony judge me by my appearance rather than actually a-am" told Orion while his voice was becoming more brittle

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"How what the hell I'm talking about ?" he snorted "For any damn place that I go, I have to be hiding in the shadows for anyone to see that I'm really an alicorn, order to survive I have to go town to town and steal some food, I have to sleep in caves or in the woods, I have to be a thousand eyes to that no wild animal or creature doesn't eat me or kill me." he said as his voice becoming more brittle.

I'm not from here, from this realm. I am from Equestria, I'm from a small town called Tall Tale, until even my own people rejected me and they wanted to exile, and my brother died defending them to they not exiled me. I lost my brother by this fucking shit of being alicorn, he was all I had left of my family.
My father died in battle when attacked by other town. My mother died poisoned by a damn pony which had fallen in love of him a few years after the death of my father and that pony was a damn abuser of mares which enjoyed torturing them and play with them. I am under a curse, everything bad has to happen to me. You have no idea what it is to lose everything that I loved, and when I mean everything is everything!"

"You're wrong" said Meissa quietly and brittle "I lost who I most loved, I lost my lover.
She was the only one who understood my madness and always when I most needed her. My parents at birth left me in a orphanage of ponies, I never know how is the love of a mother for her child or even that of a father. My whole life was cold, I was never happy, and always were times I wanted to kill myself. But that all changed when I met her.
When I was in the forest where I found you near of the meadow, I was looking for some special plants. All seemed quiet, it was a beautiful day like any other, but after spending a long time in the forest, I found a pony fainted on the floor . Immediately I went to see what had caused it, and I noticed she had eaten Belladonna, a perennial plant which has a little sweet but very toxic seed that could kill you quickly.
She was about fifteen meters from the plant belladonna, and apparently not long past of that she had eaten the seeds so I decided to take her to my cottage here and treat it that the toxin not to be continue making effect. Then had passed three days she awoke, she was very confused and in shock by toxins, sometimes she distrusted when I offered something to eat or drink, but then it was gaining confidence. In a short time we became very good friends, he was always by my side to support me in my difficult times or to get me a smile. But then one day the people here heard about was a bat pony and then the people warned me to be a bat pony was dangerous, I told them to stop talking nonsense but never heard me.
One day in the evening I was in one of the creek on the outskirts of the forest, Giennah was in my cottage sleeping because she had a busy day helping with ironworks and in my little garden, everything seemed quiet, it was a beautiful starry night, but I decided to go back to the cottage to not leave her much time to Giennah but when I reached the door of the cottage it was destroyed, apparently somepony had entered, then quickly I entered the cottage to see if Giennah was fine, but apparently were still inside the invaders, suddenly I heard the screaming of Giennah, my heart stopped dead, I was so scared of that she had been hurt or worse, I went quickly here in this room where Giennah was asleep, but when I arrived here, here was three hooded ponies surrounding to Giennah, she was cornered against the wall.
I didn't hesitated to attack the invaders, even though these were armed I attacked them. While I tried to get them off her, I told her to run out of the cottage, when she saw the opportunity began to run toward the door of the room, but then one of the ponies that I was holding slipped to stop to Giennah. Its caught her with his magic, I realized it was a unicorn, then unicorn hooded takes a dagger from his coat and try to stab to Giennah.
When I realized that it drew its dagger to kill her, I undertook a spell that sent flying to the two ponies above me and quickly made my way over to where Giennah was to save her, but when I got her out of there, the unicorn left me this wound in my left eye. Then that he left me this wound I was lost, not knowing where he was... I had blurred vision... I was dragging on the floor... but then mercilessly the unicorn with his magic grabbed me by each of my limbs and cornered me against the wall, but that was not the worst, when I looked up I saw that the other two hooded ponies were grinding to blows to Giennah, I c-could hear her c-cries... of agony.
M-My heart was falling apart upon hearing her c-cries... but then the unicorn grabbed its dagger and... and... embedded it right in the h-heart of G-Giennah. Her screams stopped is dry and not hear anything... there was a deep silence. When the unicorn drew his dagger to the heart of Giennah he addressed to me and then with the handle of its dagger it hits me in the head, fainted me.
The next day I woke up on the floor, after of the blow I wasn't remember what happened that night, but when I looked up I saw Giennah lying on the floor... then I remembered what happened that night. I was destroyed... I couldn't tell her how much I l-loved her... I was completely in love with her and... and those ponies snatched her to me. Until today I never felt such a strong love for someone."

Orion was completely silent to hear that, he felt a lump in my throat, he was totally ashamed of what he previously said "I... I d-don't know what to say, I'm sorry for my address to you for that way, I put all my bitterness against you and you didn't have the fault"

"It's okay, I get to imagine the bitterness that you have for your past misfortunes"

"Yes I know, but I want to forget all the misfortunes that happened to me. Every time I remember some of them I cannot take my mind fresh and clear to continue"

"It goes without renouncing the past to enter the future. Changing things is not necessary to lose them. And do not forsake the memory of the journey. This does not delay our career, but directs; who forgets the starting point easily lose the goal"

Orion didn't said anything, just gave a big smile to hear the praise of Meissa

"Orion, I know you've been through many situations you don't want to name for the issue that you are a alicorn, but let me tell you, the issue that you are a alicorn not make you a bad pony, you are unique and that's what that makes it special, I recently that I met you but I know you can see in your eyes you're not a bad pony, you're a pure heart, you have no thirst for revenge. Any pony can say whatever they want about you, but they only see what ignorance allows them, and that you do not have to bother, because YOU will put your own rules in your life and your goals"

"Thanks Meissa, that made me feel a little better" said Orion with a big smile

"Better so!, hey what if we leave the past in the past and now we focus on the present, are you going to eat that's left of those cookies?"

"Haha!, take, it's all yours" said Orion while leading the bag with cookies to Meissa "It seems that you were hungry after all" joked Orion

"Yeah, after a hard work today, I think I deserve to eat something" also joked Meissa.

(End Flashback Time)

He was kind enough to take care of me while I was recovering, and besides that was not like other times where I needed to be looking everywhere to defend me or anything, he always cared about me, if I'm honest I felt like if he were my brother. The days passed and every time I became more friend with him, we had a stable friendship, but my wound had recovered completely, and knew it was time to leave, to go my way. These two and a half weeks I spent with him were some of the best moments in my life, I had never felt so much love, since my parents and my brother were alive.

The parting was hard, we took a big hug and we wish us good luck on our ways. When we finally parted, I started my way to the meadow near the forest where he found me, and headed toward the mountains where you could see in the open background. As I was walking I remembered the times I spent with him when I was recovering, but something stopped me in my tracks, when he recalled the moments in which I was with Meissa was something, which his aura was very familiar, it was as if I had known him before, I thought again and my heart jumped out of my chest for happiness, I recognized that this aura is the same as a pony on which he lived in my time before to be alicorn, and I also realized that It could be possible that he is the reincarnation of my brother Markab"

"Reincarnation? Is that possible? I believed that reincarnation was just an old myth" said Twilight

"Believe me, I also thought that reincarnation was just only a myth, but I recognize the soul of my brother very well and he was the 'protector' of the soul of my brother"

"And what did you do after you realized that Meissa was the reincarnation of your brother?" asked Twilight

"What could I do? I decided to return with him and I would not miss the chance to see my brother again for anything in this world" said Orion with a big smile on his face "When I returned to his cottage I had to say something good excuse"

"And what did you say?"

"Let's say I said that if I could stay another night as it was almost dark and it would be better to leave the next morning. He told me himself that there was no problem, but I didn't know how to tell after he was the reincarnation of my brother, so I waited until the next morning to tell the truth. When it was time to leave I told him he had to confess something, for a moment his face turned red and uncomfortable hmhm, I realize why, so I said I was not a confession of love for him. Meissa took a deep breath to hear that because it stood for a moment hmhm, uncomfortable... but then I told him the truth. For initially he didn't believe me anything, but then I continued to insist and he believed me"

"What happened then?" asked Twilight

For a moment I did not know what to do, but then he told me that if I wanted I could stay with him some time ,I accepted his offer. The first days were itself a bit strange, because I found something weird to see my brother in Meissa's body, well rather say his soul hmhm, as my brother was a Pegasus and Meissa was an unicorn change, but with time I got used. After spending some time with him, in the end I was living in the cottage.

The years passed and passed, I was very happy to start a new life from scratch, but already knew that life would end very soon. I knew gradually with the passing of the years would see Meissa grow into an old pony and soon not see him again, but I knew if my brother's soul reincarnated in Meissa, Meissa reincarnated in another body, then I could him see again. But despite all these thoughts that came to my mind, I enjoyed every moment with him, every laugh, smile, joke, tear, despite all the previous years before I met him were a disgrace, it was good to know as he gave me the hope of finding other ponies as not mind what look you have, but how you really are

"What happened after you lost to Meissa?"

"When Meissa died I did something that he told me to do, that the day he dies bury him with his lover Giennah, and I did. The grave of him and Giennah is in the forest where he found her, has a beautiful sculpture of herself in life-size stone and I made another for him " Orion said with a big smile and tears fell from his eyes

"Wow, apparently you spent good times with Meissa. But tell me something Orion. What was it that made you return to Equestria when in the East Realms you had a life like you wanted?" asked Twilight

"After had passed five years since he died Meissa, my instincts told me I had to return to Equestria, as if something was calling me. For first I thought Meissa will reincarnate in a pony Equestria but on the other hand thought it was just a silly thought. It took a while to decide whether to abandon my life in the East Realms and return here in Equestria or let that thought go and get on with my life there, but then decided to return to Equestria as were many chances that Meissa has been reincarnated here in Equestria. Then I went back to where I had entered the East Realms, in Malaga, as it was the only port of all the East Kingdoms in which it had a boat bound for Equestria, so I decided to take the boat and return here. I was camouflaged as the first time he had taken the ship and I went to it. The travel was a little faster than the first one that I boarded, lasted two weeks and destined for Baltimare.
I remained in the same city a few days to start my search of Meissa, had some bits to buy groceries and other resources for travel. When I started traveling I started looking through northern of Equestria, I headed Fillydelphia. I was still traveling in covered every city since I still had the aftermath of past years. I spent about four days in that town looking for Meissa but had not found him for anywhere, then I headed to another village which was further north of Fillydelphia, in that time didn't had a name but is where it is today Manehattan but something struck me when I was arriving to town. I could see from a small hill to the coast, a great squad with heavy weapons that were heading toward the village, I decided to go into town to see what was what was happening.
When I reached the outskirts of the village I saw in the entrance several platoons fighting against squads of the town, I also realized that they were attacking Manehattan and then quickly I decided to enter the town by one of its sides and see what I could do. I had entered a house that was near where I had come to town to think what I could do to help, and when I see near where I was, there was a large storage of explosive bombs, I didn't hesitate to grab them and attack first heavy weaponry that was out of town, so I decided to take flight toward them, a high-flying so they don't realize and I let the bombs against them, ending their heavy weapons and with them also. There were some bombs left over, so I decided to go to the town to end the platoons that were attacking against Manehattan's squads. I dropped bombs and I retained the squads. Then I decided to climb to one of the ceilings of the house and then grabbed my sword and went to where they were struggling at the entrance to the town, killing the attackers, one by one. After it was over I decided to help wounded warriors as it was the least I could do at that time. After I finished helping wounded warriors, Celestia approached me and gave thanks for helping their in the battle.

"Yes, that part the princess told us how you met with her" interrupted Twilight

"Yes, it was a little weird how we met hmhm. The years I spent with her were the best, I remembered when I was with Meissa in the Eastern Kingdoms" said Orion with a big smile in his face

"Orion. Tell me something, why did you leave when Princess Celestia discovered you were a alicorn?" asked Twilight trying to understand the causes of why Orion left of nowhere that time when he was in the garden with Celestia

"Despite everything said Meissa to me, of that not have to worry about how I am, I still had aftermath of last time I was in Equestria, when she learned that I was a alicorn, her reaction was ... well in simple words she scared me, I thought she would do the same as the other ponies who had lived in the time he lived in Equestria, but otherwise I was not afraid but rather embarrassed. I was ashamed of not telling her the truth, of having to hide the truth, in that time she was my only friend." the voice of Orion became brittle and weak again. "I-I d-didn't left for fear that made me something like the others ponies, but I fear l-losing my o-only friend for not telling her the damn truth.
And now when I come back to find her again after almost a thousand years, I do what I did before, run out for the fucking shame of not face my fucking mistakes. For this shit to be alicorn I lost my best friend in which she had complete confidence in me, we promised to always tell the truth and never lie between us, but I did just the opposite. -Sobs- I hid who really I was and what I was" Orion went to the ground and hid his face in his front hooves and began to break down in tears after to tell Twilight about his miserable life.

Twilight had a lump in her throat, was very shocked to see Orion break down in tears in front of her because of the shame he has not told the truth to Celestia after he made a promise to her to always tell the truth. Orion was unloading all his bitterness with his crying, but then begins to feel his neck as if something pounced on him and was warm. Orion fails to hide from between his front hooves and raises his head at his back and sees Twilight over him giving him a warm hug. Orion was surprised to see that Twilight was also some tears fell from his eyes. The embrace remained for several moments until Twilight breaks the embrace, then with one of her front hooves dry her tears and then gives a smile to Orion.

"I'm sorry Orion, but could not help myself. I had no idea how much it affected you being a alicorn, it is very sad to know that and I'm sorry for doubting you also initially and I force you to tell something which has not yet you were ready"

"No need to apologize to me, but I who has to apologize for how my reaction was to you at first, that was not the right way to address to you and I downloaded all my anger towards you knowing that you are not to blame nothing" he said also drying his tears

"Orion, listening. I know how much you feel ashamed of not telling the truth to Celestia, but if you don't face it, it going to keep fighting with the same problem all your life"

"I know what you say but, sometimes to regain what was lost is lose twice"

"Orion, what you say is very true, but if you don't face it you'll never know. Sometimes it is better to face things and losing out, that stay crossed hoof and keep the doubt"

Orion didn't say anything, just gave a big sigh and turned his gaze to the castle Canterlot

"You know what? even when you risk, you have the chances that you can come out ahead, not always when you risk is losing out, but what I am going is better than you face when you're ready, instead to stay with cross hooves" Twilight said as left out of Orion to take flight back to the castle "See you Orion, hopefully you take a good decision"
Twilight began her flight toward the castle. Orion stood on the mountain looking like Twilight flying toward the castle of Canterlot until lost sight of Twilight. Orion took another deep breath and decided to undertake the flight too, but not to the castle, but directed his course towards the forest Everfree.


At next morning at Castle of Canterlot , princess Celestia was with the princess Twilight Sparkle. Were in the throne room, were there after the court finished as every morning as usual, Celestia was in her throne and Twilight was sitting right next to the throne, were awaiting the arrival of princess Cadance to go to a dispute over the city of Fillydelphia in which Cadance and Twilight went to solve the problems that held the city, unable failure to reach an agreement, called Municipal Governments to a meeting. After a few moments the throne room doors opened and behind it appears Princess Cadance directing his way over to where Celestia and Twilight were

"Good morning princesses" greeted Cadance with a reverence to the two princesses

"Good morning Cadance" responded the two princesses to the greeting of Cadance

"How do you come across to our meeting with the rulers of Fillydelphia?" said Twilight with a mocking voice as he walked over to where Cadance was

"Better leave it for later, just thinking of how they heard us when we were in Fillydelphia not want to imagine how they are going to hear us at this meeting" replied Cadance

"Hmhm, easy niece, at this meeting we will pose more formal, it will be much easy than you could do there in Fillydelphia" said Celestia

"I hope so Tia. Hey Twilight, are you sure that Orion has made a decision about what you told him?" asked Cadance with bated breath to Twilight

"Calm, I'm sure he will make the right decision" replied Twilight

Moments passed quickly and the time of the meeting approached, which forced the princesses to leave the throne room to proceed to the meeting room, but while the princesses undertook their way to the throne room doors to proceed to the other room, suddenly the doors of the throne room are opened and behind them the princesses saw Orion. Twilight seeing him gave a smile from ear to ear knowing he had made the right decision after all. Twilight then gives its way to where it is to greet Orion

"Orion!! It's nice that you've come" said Twilight while she greeting him with a hug

"What else could I do? You were right, no matter how difficult it is for me to deal with this, even losing twice just try worthwhile that stay with cross hooves and remain with the doubt of what would have happened if I had confronted it" said Orion after answering the hug of Twilight

Orion after greeting Twilight continued his way and also greeted Cadance with a reverence, but when it was his turn to greet Celestia, he stood in front of her with his head low

"Celestia... I... I'm sorry... I'm sorry for not tell you the truth that I was actually a alicorn, I broke a promise that we made, to always tell the truth and not hide things between us, I-I was scared of losing a friendship which was a of the few that I had in my life" said Orion, beginning to sob for past "I-I was afraid to f-face the facts. I-I was a-afraid that you w-would not f-forgive me to hide the truth and you b-banish me of Equestria and would have to start my l-life as a nomad ..."

Celestia stopped Orion putting her front right hoof in his mouth and then pushing it toward your chest to hug him again.

"I will never do that to you, I'll never banish you from Equestria, the fault was mine, more than anything to address to you this way, I was a little upset that you lied to me, but then I was sad to see that you were gone, I knew which I put the hoof in the wrong place and I would not see you anymore. Twilight told me what was your past life and I understand why you didn't wanted to tell me the truth, I respect a lot, but the one that have to apologize it's me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for pointing that way towards you" said Celestia while some tears falling from her eyes "Orion, can you forgive me? I want to start our friendship again. You could do that?"

"-Sniff- Of course yes Celestia" said Orion as she snuggled into the warm embrace of Celestia

After several moments Celestia decides to break the hug, then dried her tears and looks at Orion with a big smile

"Orion, why not accompany us to the meeting room to help solve some problems with the city of Fillydelphia ?, after all I need my right hoof back with me" said Celestia

"But..."

"Shh, doesn't matter about the past, we are now in the present and no matter if you are not a guard, you're still my friend and nobody will change it"

"Alright, as ordered Celestia"

_ _ _

Author's Note:

The episode was inspired by this song that bears the same name as the episode: Eye of the Beholder.
I don't know how much you like the gender "Metal" but I encourage you to listen it, the lyrics are very well

Well, here end the chapter Eyes of the Beholder. Here tell the past story of Orion and how he met with Meissa, and how he and Celestia return to be friends again.
Well... I think that here end the class of Story, we'll focus in the present now. Soooo... See you later!!!