• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

The new arrival in Equestria - Blazer787



Humans were never meant to handle magic, so what will happen when a human gets into Equestria?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,302

What am I doing to this world?

"Urgh, why am I so tired all the time" when I woke up I didn't even have the energy to sit up, so I slipped right back into sleep.

"Hey wake up," I heard a voice as I got shook from my sleep. "C'mon sugar cube up yer get."

As I lazily sat up and looked around, I was back in the little den of apple trees someone had made, with a yawn and a stretch I turned back to face AJ "mornin' where are we?" I asked. I heard a thud and noticed that everypony else was standing at the edge of the ditch, on the high ground, Fluttershy looked paralysed though. She had a look of horror on her face as she lay on her side, and all the others looked pretty disgusted as well.

"What?" I looked down; thank god I still had my clothes on, "What?" A quick glance at my hands and I figured out why they look like they did. My hands were stained with blood, both sides' just huge red patches of blood. "Ah!" I flinched away and studied myself again; no blood anywhere else, as I wiped my face I found out it was covered with blood as well.

"What did ya'll do Michael!" Applejack said in a threatening tone and with eyes that shot daggers.

I shuffled over to a nearby puddle and stared into it, it acted like a mirror. I could see that my nose and mouth was completely covered with blood. "What have I done?" I asked myself.

Grief washed over me, is this what humans end up doing to this world? My hands we're shaking as I started to hate myself, a whole utopian world and all it takes is just one of us to destroy it.

"You see why this is so serious Michael? You've already killed something! Or even worse you might have skilled somepony! We need to get this cured right away!" Staring into my hands again I noticed one tiny slice of meat was still left, it was straight up raw though. A quick sniff and I feared the worst, but it turns out… Chucking the meat into my mouth the others revived their disgusted looks.

"Michael!" Applejack yelled.

"That's fish…definitely fish." Well at least I could forgive a part of myself, knowing that I hadn't murdered a pony somewhere.

"That doesn't make any difference!" Applejack shouted again.

"Think about it this way, would you rather find out that I'd killed a fish, or a living pony with a family and kids?"

"Well-"

"Okay, you know what, I don't care anymore. I'm getting to Canterlot, and getting this thing fixed, then I'm getting back home." I climbed over the wrecked Apple trees and out of the ditch.

"But Michael" Twilight interrupted. "You can't just walk up to the princess and make demands."

"Why are you ponies so stupid! If I stay here I'm just going to keep killing, that's how humans are. And I'd rather die trying than let humanity ruin the one oasis of peace the universe has."

"But you-"

"Either follow me or don't, I don't care, but I'm not going to let anything else happen."

"Michael wait! We just want to know something!"

"Forget me Twilight, it's for the best."

I ran off through the orchard of trees, it seemed endless until I finally spotted AJs barn. I washed the blood off my hands and face using a hose on the side of the barn.

It felt good to get all the blood off, like washing away evidence that I'd ever killed. Now I know what you're thinking, what's so bad about killing a fish? Well these ponies aren't like us; to them killing a fish is just as bad as killing another pony.

Ignoring the greetings I got going inside the barn, I packed up what little I had when I arrived and left.

Even though this place has been a roller-coaster to me, I think it's time to give it all up. If I stay here I'm just going cause more problems, and maybe even end up killing more animals, or worse, more ponies.

"Michael!" I heard a shout from above, Rainbow landed in front of me, stopping me in my tracks and kicking up dust as she did. "Why do you want to leave now?"

"What's it to you? I thought you hated me."

"What?" She chuckled, "you thought I hated you. Come on, I don't hate you" she said in a strange cheery tone.

"Can we make the sappy apology quick? I've got places to go, Things to leave behind."

"Yeah but why? Why are you suddenly leaving like you're afraid of us?"

"For the same reason you hated me. It's my fault."

"Huh?"

"You don't need to be a genius to figure out why you were so mad, and with my new instinct it was even easier. You thought it was your fault I landed in hospital, and you still do. And that's why I'm leaving, it's my fault I didn't listen and go to Canterlot in the first place, now look what happened."

"What? I don't think it's my fault, it's your fault for being so clumsy!"

"I'm not stupid; I can see it's your fault."

"Stop trying to act so cool all the time! You think you're so important but you're not! You're not even a pony; the whole of Equestria doesn't focus on you!"

"Just another reason for me to leave then." I pushed past her determined to end this nightmare.

They might think the world is all sunshine and rainbows. Well not where I come from, not back on earth, ever since I figured out that this world had no violence, no crime, I knew that one day they'll be like us. And if they don't end up like us, this will happen again, and it could be someone a lot worse.

I heard a faint sigh from Rainbow and she called out; "alright plan b. Twilight!"

"Plan B?" I stopped in my tracks. Twilight jumped out from behind a tree and closed her eyes. Her horn started to glow; I knew what was coming next, another teleport spell. "Twilight just forgets about me, I'm not-"

As I was talking pink hearts floated from Twilights horn, floated for a few seconds, then back into her. My muscles stiffened up and my vision blurred for a second, next thing I knew I couldn't move or talk. Trying to move anything caused a searing pain.

"Works every time," she said with a smirk. "Let's go Michael." My body started to follow as Twilight led me back into town. It was like a first person game in a cut scene, I couldn't move but I could still think. I was screaming in my mind with a thousand questions but all I could do was watch. Ironic that these ponies don't have violence yet they kidnap me like this.

Twilight led me into a spare room in her library and told me to wait; I didn't have much of a choice though. She locked the door and there I was, just standing there like a disregarded tool. I knew some of these ponies might be crazy but Twilight didn't seem the type to take it this far.

Seconds later she opened the door again and released the spell with the effect of hearts floating out of her and fading away. Then she led everyone else in.

"Qué demonios fue eso! Esperar qué? Qué hiciste Crepúsculo!" I shouted, suddenly I was speaking a whole different language I didn't know English at all anymore.

If you can get past the shock it was kinda cool. I could say anything I wanted and no one would know what I was saying. Unfortunately I was not past that shock yet.

Don't worry; I'll put a translation at the end of the chapter. Or you can use Google translate, I don't know.

"Twilight, did you not test this spell first?" Asked Rarity.

"It's just the want it need it spell," said Twilight. "But Michael has told me that magic make humans a bit strange sometimes."

"Más bien todo el tiempo. Ponis estúpido..."

"What did he say?" Twilight glanced over to the others.

"Don't look at us" objected Rainbow "we don't speak human."

"Es español, pero me gustaría más estar hablando maorí. Al menos eso es de mi país... Sabía maorí?"

"Woah woah, slow down there hotshot. Twilight…"

"I'll go and try to find a translation spell. And don't you think about running off again." Twilight said as she and everyone else trotted out of the room.

"No es Como yo de todos modos podría, no creo que nadie aquí habla español de todos modos." I replied.

"Yep, you just keep talkin' there." Rainbow called from the other room.

There was a quiet knock at the window, going over and opening it I could see that black pony again

"Oh, bien que eres tú otra vez. Cómo se mantiene la búsqueda de mí como este?"

"Strange, he didn't tell me about that." He said.

"Quién es? Y por qué siguen en pos de mí?"

"Uh oh, gotta go!" He said before he pushed me back into the room and gently closed the window, then running off again.

"Okay Michael, let's try this one." Twilight came back into the room levitating a scroll. A quick glance a glowing horn, then a huge flash "so…How do you feel?"

"Hello, hello? Well I've got English back."

"Good, now you can tell us all why you suddenly wanted to leave so badly."

"Well…Actually a better way is…Twilight do unicorns have any mind reading magic?"

"Well, yes but most of the scrolls for powerful magic are up in Canterlot, why?"

"Because I can't just show you why, you ponies wouldn't understand well enough. So if I imagine it and we do some wibbly wobbly stuff with magic, then you'll know."

"Why not just tell us?"

"Because you'll just put it out on context. It's like if someone tells you the plot of a story and you haven't read it at all. You wouldn't get most of it."

After a while of arguing with Twilight, we both just realised that it was a waste of time. So instead we headed to the train station. Looking around I noticed something odd "hey Twilight."

"Yes?" She replied.

"How have you ponies' survived so long if the male to female ratio is one to ten?"

"Huh?"

"I've seen nothing but girl ponies around here, and I've only seen two to five males in this whole town. Is it something with genetics or does this world just have gender inequality?"

"Is this really the best time to be talking about this?" Fluttershy said in a half whisper.

"Uhh…Good point…I think Pinkie and I have got work anyway, come on Pinks."

"Oki doki loki!"

There wasn't much business that day, no idea why though, maybe ponies just didn't have time to stop. So Pinkie and I ended up getting out some dusty old board games.

"Battle Pegasus, scrabbler, monopoly lass heygas edition, what do you wanna play?" Pinkie rattled off the names with her head in a closet.

"Hmm…Have ponies got chess?"

"Chess? Boooring!"

"Then let's make it more interesting, whoever loses has to take over the other persons shift."

Pinkie almost instantly got interested, and bragged about how good she is with board games because of her "Pinkie sense". Instead of the board being black and white, it was yellow and purple, and instead of the knight it had a dragon piece, the same rules applied though.

The strangest thing was though that from Pinkies very first move, it was like the whole game was highlighted out for me, like I could see the whole game ahead of me and knew what to move almost instantly.

We had to stop a few times because somepony walked in, that's another weird thing today. I was sitting with my back to the door and every time I said aloud "someone's at the door" it was right, and a few other minor things that I picked up before Pinkies "sense" could. Is this something to do with Lycanthropy?

I ended up winning, but I couldn't let Pinkie work all by herself, even if she was used to it. It didn't really matter though, still little business in the afternoon. One of the ponies that came in was that black & white pony, as I handed him a box of donuts I gave him a hard stare.

"What?" He asked.

"Stop following me around, it's getting creepy; actually it got creepy a long time ago, now it's just annoying."

"Following you? I haven't seen you before in my life. But rumours have spread to Canterlot and other towns."

"So you're from Canterlot then?"

"No, why?"

"Well you put Canterlot first; you've got it in your tone, face, and body language."

"Listen I need to go." He walked out with the box in his teeth and began to fly off. Something is really weird about that pony, well weirder than everything else at least…Maybe second to the pirate but you get the picture. As I walked back into the kitchen with Pinkie I was struck with exhaustion and my legs turned to jelly.

"Here we go again." I said while stumbling to grab a bench before blacking out.

This time I was back playing chess with the pirate again, chess table still there, everything else still a giant chessboard. But something was different this time. The chessboard that was holding us all up seemed war torn, gigantic cracks in the skin of it, and smouldering craters dotting the landscape.

Looking down my entire army was still standing and I had claimed almost all of his. I had all of his pawns, both castles, one bishop and one knight. Somehow though he had me in checkmate "the art of war is winning without fighting." He said then he flicked my king at the top, causing it to topple to the ground.

"Wake up sleepy head" Pinkie said as she shook me.

"They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! How long was I out for this time?"

"Only about a minute, our shift's done anyway."

"Alright," I said picking myself up off the floor. "I'm gonna go get my record back from twilight, seeya."

I crept into the library, no idea why, I just didn't feel like going all Rambo style and busting in there. I found the record sitting on a small table upstairs next to a few papers and I couldn't resist looking. Nothing but equations though, algebra and charts filled up entire pages with arrows pointing everywhere in extremely complex equations.

A quick skim over and I said aloud. "Oh that's easy…" looking at another page, and another, it all seemed so simple to me now. Twilight walked in and asked what I was doing.

"Just came to pick up my record, and by the way how long have you been working on these?" I asked and held up the papers.

"Oh days, but you wouldn't understand them it's all magical equations and factors and fail safes."

"Actually these are simple, really simple."

"What?" She said in disbelief.

I showed her how I worked it all out with ease then wrote down the long answers, most of them over a line long. "Anyway it's getting late, I'll go now, leave you to your work."

"But…But how did you-"

"No idea Twilight, it just all seemed simple. Maybe this whole werewolf scenario isn't so bad after all."

And so I headed back to AJ's farm, another day another dollar, well bits in this case. Strange...That's how it seemed back on Earth, even in a different universe that saying is still true.

After that night, I didn't want to give up this werewolf form anymore, because I saw what I could do with it. With all the power I have. I could become a famous artist, my name echoed through history. A revolutionary scientist, leading our technology in pony form. The greatest architect Equestria has ever seen, building wonders that stand the test of time. I even had a glimpse of being the first human mage…

"Oh dear, Michael, Michael? Oh no…" Fluttershy's voice calmy and slowly woke me up, a refreshing change from when the others would usually shake me awake. But what is Fluttershy doing here? I asked myself as I slowly came to focus.

"Flutter-" bang! My head knocked against something hard as I sat up. "Ow! What the?" Somehow I didn't notice a bridge above my head, and a pool of water beneath me. "Uhh…Where am I?"

"Oh I um…I didn't want to be a bother but, you ended up in my fish pool." She ended off with a smile that only Fluttershy could give.

…"I wake up, in the weirdest places…" I put on my best 'not amused' face. After I crawled from the pool, Fluttershy was checking on the fish I might have slept on, and I was ringing out my shirt.

"So any idea what day it is?" I asked, "Haven't seen a calendar much and I've lost count."

"Today's Saturday."

"Saturday?"

"Yes, why?"

"It's just that…well humans had the same name. What other days are there."

"Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday." She stopped from her work and stared at me like this is preschool stuff, even if it was I didn't expect them to have the exact same names.

I helped out Fluttershy for a while around the house with her animals. Feeding them, carrying sacks of food, collecting the eggs. And as I walked alongside Fluttershy carrying buckets of water I noticed something.

"You know it's been about five minutes and nothing's gone wrong this has got to be a record or some-oh crap there's a bear." Yep a bear standing in the field like it's waiting for something.

"Oh, that's just my monthly, hold on one minute." She said calmy laying the bucket down.

"Monthly…what? Wait Fluttershy!"

I ran after Fluttershy, when the bear turned around it instinctively growled deeply at us, Fluttershy didn't seemed phased at all though. Then it was like something took over, a whole new person. My eyes shot daggers at the bear and a low yet loud growl came out, my teeth slightly showing in a snarl.

The bear seemed to back away slowly, before my growl became louder, eyes more intimidating, and more spiked teeth appeared along with a step forward. The bear ran off and I went back to normal as it did so.

"Michael, why did you do that? How did you do that? That bear wasn't going to hurt us."

"He's a bear and he's growling, not the best mix."

"But Michael he was friendly."

"I know your good with animals but now you're good with bears?"

"I'm good with all animals. Not just little fuzzy ones."

"This world just keeps getting weirder."

As I walked through town Twilight stopped me and dragged me into the library which attracted many stares, if I still don't get enough. "Michael, did you say last night that being a werewolf isn't a bad thing?" She asked me when she kicked the door shut, literally.

"Yeah, because it is a good thing."

"But I thought you wanted to get rid of it, because you thought you were a monster."

"I wanted to get rid of it because I thought that you thought I was a monster, that and I didn't want to corrupt this world."

"And do you still want to be one? Why do you suddenly want to keep being a werepony?"

"Because Twilight, this whole werewolf thing has made me stronger, smarter, improved my senses, and I found out that I can scare things off just by looking at them, it's awesome!"

"Oh no, I was scared this might happen." She said anxiously while she opened up a book.

"Scared what might happen?"

"There are a few stages to becoming a werepony, but it's so rare that a lot of detail is missing. Stage one has all the bad symptoms, and makes the werepony afraid of what he or she is turning into, this is the best time to get it cured but not many figure out what's going on because that stage is so short."

"And…"

"You're at the next stage Michael. Stage two is when the werepony gets fooled into thinking that it's a good thing. Because of all the perks they want to keep their new 'powers' and some might even fight to protect it."

"So you think I'm going to start going around and punch ponies just because I get a bad night's sleep?"

"No, I'm afraid of the third stage. Stage three is when the werepony becomes completely obsessed with the werepony form and it takes over. They lose who they are and only the beast will remain!"

"That reminds me. What did happen when I was racing Dash?"

"Well, after you collapsed Rainbow bragged a lot."

"Figures…"

"Then you stood up and stumbled over to some trees, it looked like you were drunk" chuckled Twilight. "And when we tried to help you, you gave us this death stare, like you were going to kill us!"

"That's probably what happened with the bear."

"And then you just stumbled off again, we didn't see you change at all."

"Well if you're so worried then why not just magic poof us over there now?"

"Magic teleportation spells can only go short distances, not near far enough to get us to Canterlot."

"And the train? Shouldn't that have come yet?"

"Some genius pony decided to break a bunch of windows, so it's delayed."

"Genius meaning drunk?"

"Yep."

"Thought so…It's like something doesn't want me getting to Canterlot…But that's not important right now, you know what important, breakfast I'm starving!"

"You haven't had breakfast yet?"

"Well I just woke up under Fluttershys bridge so unless you want me to go fishing, no I haven't. I'm off to see if Pinkie will notice a missing bagel or two."

"Michael" she said in a warning tone.

"Ah don't worry I'm kidding."

When I got to Sugar cube corner, I could hear the gush of water from the shower upstairs, so I just left my bits at the table and took out a bagel. As Om nom'd the last of the bagel down, I saw Rainbow Dash walking through the town. I followed-well more like spied on Rainbow until she went out of town into one of Ponyvilles empty parks, probably planning to take a nap.

"So Rainbow, you going to tell me why you're so pissed at me?"

"Huh?" She flicked around to face me "oh it's you. I told you I'm not angry at you anymore."

"Oh yes you are, I can see it."

"No I'm not! So stop following me." Oh Rainbow you have no idea.

"Come on Rainbow. Wait… That's why you're so mad?"

"What?"

"You think it's your fault."

"My fault for what?"

"Rainbow, it wasn't your fault I fell, it was my own."

"That's…That's not why I was angry at you." She stared at the ground and her voice became more shy and quiet.

"Rainbow, look around. There's no pony around, and it's not going to get better if you bottle this all up." She turned her head away. "Rainbow please, just tell me…"

"It wasn't that you fell…It was that I couldn't save you."

"Oh…"