• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

The new arrival in Equestria - Blazer787



Humans were never meant to handle magic, so what will happen when a human gets into Equestria?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,302

New surroundings

We all set out to Canterlot the next day. Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and even Spike. The time on the train was both relief, and torment. The relief that I could get back into my body, and the torment that I had to get back in my body. I would have gladly traded a year of human life for a day through the eyes of Rainbow, or Twilight, or Pinkie. This world is so free for the terrors of humanity, but we had to endure that terror to gain all the riches we have today. Technology above all, because if we hadn't suffered, some of our greatest inventions would have never been imagined.

At one point I stared out the window and though; "I could just run off. Go and start a new life, no one would ever believe that Rainbow was in a human body. I could go and be free as long as I wanted to."

But I'd made a promise.

I couldn't believe everything that they had done. These ponies had fought with gods and demons and asked for nothing in return. They don't ask for wealth or fame, just to be acknowledged.

To think that after all they had endured Rainbow couldn't figure out how to sit down. I ended up having to push her so she would fall back into the seat. Apart from that there wasn't much talk between us two. I knew she knew what I was thinking, so maybe she was thinking the same thing. That we could stay like this…for just a bit longer.

But all things must come to an end. So as my mind wandered it was interrupted by an excited shout "there it is!" Pinkie's voice snapped me out of my trance. I looked upon the city and it was magnificent, far more beautiful close up than when I was flying, shops, clubs, homes, and a mighty castle all on the side of a mountain.

Twilight explained that the castle was where we would be heading tomorrow, and that the princess had allowed us to stay in some fancy hotel. We needed to unpack first then we would each have a free day to ourselves.

Not that I would need much unpacking though, all I was carrying was a few pencils and pens, my IPod (Still not working), the record and that picture. That mysterious picture just scribbled upon a tiny square of paper. Well, that and a few of Rainbows belongings, they didn't exactly make human backpacks here so Rainbow ended up putting two saddlebags on me after I struggled doing it myself this these hooves.

As the train slowed to a halt at the station, Twilight prepared a new spell she had been learning. It was an altered version of the teleportation spell she had commonly used, effectively getting us past the rabble of the city and the guards. The only side effect is that it might leave the pony feeling fatigued afterwards, but that was better than a citywide panic.

And so with a flash of light, and a spinning sensation for a moment or two I felt my feet touch the ground again. Well hooves in this case. The light wasn't as blinding now though, maybe it was because Rainbow's body was used to taking more magic than we were. But your guess is as good as mine.

We arrived late afternoon, around three or four o'clock.

We appeared in a huge circular room with seven beds, wardrobes and mirrors around the edge. Not to mention doors leading to probably bathrooms. But before I could really notice much if any of it, I head Rainbow call out:

"Hey Michael, I think I broke something…" Now remember she's still stuck in my body and me in hers. So I looked over and I saw my body struggling to move its own legs.

"Broke something?" I asked, trotting over to where she was stuck sitting on the hard floor.

"Yeah, I can't move your legs anymore."

"Twilight, are you sure you did that spell right?"

"Positive" she answered as the others all crowded around us. "I don't see how a simple spell like that could end up paralysing some-pony's legs."

"Well paralysing or breaking…" I muttered, hoping it didn't turn out like that. "Tell you what does it hurt when I try to move them?" I lifted up one of my body's legs and Rainbow didn't show any reaction.

"Not but I can still feel you doing that, I just can't move them." She answered.

"Oh dear" Fluttershy said. "I hope this isn't too serious."

"Actually I think I know what's wrong." I said. "Just put your legs straight and…" I straightened my body's legs. I figured it was best now to tell what was to come. Then I lifted a hoof and struck down on one of my body's knees.

"OW! What in Equestria what that for?"

"Michael what are you doing?" I heard Rarity call out.

"Trust me," I brought down my hood and struck the other knee, making Rainbow yell out again, "Should be good now" I concluded.

She tested moving my body's legs and awkwardly got back onto her feet.

"How'd ya'll do that?" Applejack asked quickly.

"Well after years of being human don't you think you'd pick up a few things?"

But we were all missing one big problem. One big problem that was right in front of us, under our noses and just a little bit to the left. What was Rainbow going to do for the whole day? She couldn't go outside otherwise she might get thrown in prison because she's in my body.

"What! You're telling me I'm stuck in her all day?"

"I'm afraid so Rainbow" Twilight said. "We don't think any of the other ponies know that humans even exist. And we can't have you being thrown in jail or causing a panic."

"Urgh, this is going to be so boring!" She said slumping back onto her bed.

"I guess so." I said, regretfully. "Nothing to do all day long."

"Don't worry Rainbow I'll stay here with you." Fluttershy offered.

After a short awkward silence I remembered something. "Well, you are a werewolf now. You could have some fun messing around with that, even if you are grounded." I said.

"Rainb-I mean Michael, you can't just go around messing with powers like that." Twilight objected.

"Why not? Look at you; you're using up magic like it was chicken at a KCF."

"Chicken at a what? What are you talking about?"

"Uh…Just a human thing, never mind."

"What's a KFC?" Pinkie asked, bouncing over next to me.

"Trust me, you don't want to know."

"Well what do they do with the chickens then? Huh, huh, huh?" Pinkie pestered.

"Pinkie, I am so glad that you're not human."

Soon after Twilight and Rarity went off to see the princess, Pinkie went off to who knows where, only Fluttershy stayed with us. I tried to show Rainbow the ropes of being human, but she didn't show any interest at all. You'd think that being an alien werewolf would be a once in a lifetime experience, but that's not how she felt about it. Not while she was grounded without wings.

"You know Rainbow; you don't have to stay in here."

"What? Why?"

"Well you are a werewolf, and from experience werewolves have pretty good coordination when they're determined."

"Even we're still getting used to you, so even if I could get out, I'd probably get you and your body arrested."

"Well do you want to be stuck in here all day then?"

"No but-"

"Then come on." I flew over to a window. "No one ever looks up, so no one will see you."

"Easy for you to say, you've got my wings!"

I knew that the werewolf inside my body had reached what Twilight called 'stage 3'. And if I read it right, then reflexes should take over with no command at all.

"Okay Rainbow, come stand over here for a second." I walked towards the middle of the room; Fluttershy just sat on the bed and watched. So I watched my body walk over and tower over me. "Woah…Weird…"

Trying to catch her off guard I lifted a hoof and swung a punch at my body, before Rainbow could even react there werewolf genetics kicked in. In my punch was blocked with a swift grab.

"Woah, how did-"Before Rainbow could finish I swung again with my free hoof and aimed for the head. I watched as Rainbow effortlessly dodged by swinging her head to the side. "Hey stop it!" She protested.

"Are you sure that's safe Michael?" Fluttershy asked in a half whisper.

"Sure it is" I turned to face Fluttershy. "I've read that werewolves are one of the hardest creatures to take by surprise." Rainbow released my hoof. "So even if she doesn't know it, Rainbow will dodge anything that comes at her without even knowing it!"

Striking out my back leg I went to kick my body in the knee, almost instantly I felt a hand grip my leg, stopping the kick. "See? Perfectly safe, nobody could hurt her even if she wanted them to."

"Hey, this is pretty cool." Rainbow said, letting a smile go across my body's face.

I ended up fighting Rainbow almost nonstop Punch after punch and kick after kick I threw at my body, and it dodged and blocked them all. Not a single one got through.

"Wouldn't you like to do something less…Dangerous? I could go get a board game, or some books." Fluttershy offered.

"Hey yeah!" Rainbow said excitedly. "A new Daring Doo just came out. Do you think the Canterlot library would have it in Fluttershy?"

"I bet they would, I'll go and check."

"Thanks Fluttershy!" All the time they were talking I tried to sneak around my possessed body. I swung my front legs around my body's neck, only to be flipped over its head and onto the floor. Normally that would leave a throbbing pain in your head, but for some reason Rainbow's body was pretty durable.

Shortly after Fluttershy came back I complained; "oh now you're just showing off!" As Rainbow tried to read every punch was dodged or blocked without even a glance.

Rainbow laughed as every attack was blocked without even a thought from her, "maybe you're just not trying hard enough."

"Michael, I got a book for you too. It's still over here." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah alright, I could use a break." I vaguely heard Rainbow mutter 'finally'. But it didn't bother me.

Rainbow said someone like me would love the Daring Doo series. But it didn't catch me at all. It was all pretty predictable and I kept imagining humans instead of Daring, just to be snapped back whenever it mentioned 'wings' or 'Pegasus'.

"Meh." I said shortly, laying the book down.

"Meh? What's meh?" Rainbow looked up.

"The book is meh; I'm not into Daring Doo that much."

"What! How could you not like Daring Doo? It's absolutely un-put-downable!"

"I don't know. It just doesn't seem like that good of a book to me. So what'd you say for another round?"

I saw my body sitting there, but with Rainbow's expression written all over it. Just plain shock, the kind you'd get it someone didn't like chocolate.

"Nah," she said shaking the expression off her face. "That's got to be like fifty rounds I've beaten you."

"Come on, one more round. You're probably half way through the book anyway."

With a sigh, Rainbow agreed. "Fine, one more turn at beating you."

Predictably I lost. Rainbow got bored throughout the fight. Blocks turned to dodges, and Rainbow lost motivation. SO with a swift move she pinned me to the ground.

"Gotcha." She got up and I saw my body towering over me.

Thinking I could fool my body's new werewolf senses, I got up and tried to slam my book on Rainbow's head. With a slight yelp from Rainbow my body spun around, blocked the hit, and pushed me flat in the chest with enough force to send me flying across the room and out the door. The only thing I could think of before the blow connected was 'OH SNAP!'

I blew the doors open, smashed against some kind of wall and flopped to the floor. I laid there for several seconds out of shock. Well shock and the fact that I'd had the wind knocked out of me.

"Rainbow, what happened?" I heard Twilight say. Craning my head up I saw my body wrapped in some sort of magic chain spell, with everypony else looking at Rainbow like she'd just killed somepony. "Michael, what did you do!" Twilight yelled at my body.

"Actually…Twilight…." I struggled to get any air at all back into my lungs. "I'm still in here." Looking over I saw what I'd hit after I flew out the door. It was a spiral ramp of glass, wrapping around a tower connecting with the base. Murals sprawled across the inside of the long spiral, paintings from Mountains to Cloudsdale and from sun to moon.

Looking down I saw that we were probably five stories up. I couldn't believe this was a hotel. When ponies say fancy, they mean pimp fancy.

Twilight lifted me up onto my feet with her magic. "What happened here?"

"Uh…You know how you said not to screw around with Michael's werewolf powers?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes…" Twilight replied, suspicious.

"We screwed around with 'em." I interrupted, chuckling to myself, no idea why but I was just laughing.

"What's all the racket?" I heard somepony ask.

In a panic Twilight shoved Rainbow back inside. "Uh nothing, nothing, everything's fine." Twilight said.

There was that black and white pony standing down the ramp, I've started to hate the sight of him. Every time I see him he either is stalking me or has no idea what's going on. "Yeah but I heard –"

"Oh that was just a little magic gone wrong. Nothing to be worried about."

"Huh…Okay, goodnight then." He said before disappearing back down the ramp. Looking at the clock in the fancy hotel room it was night, half past six actually.

"Whew…Okay inside, both of you." Twilight lifted us inside as the others followed. She had a harsh look in her eyes like we were being lectured by a teacher. "So what happened that made Rain- I mean Michael almost break the door off?"

Before Rainbow could say much I said "check this out." I swung a punch at Rainbow again, and without warning the others or herself she grabbed my front leg, spun around and flipped me onto the floor.

"Quit it Michael!" Rainbow objected.

"Turns out that my body now protects itself without itself even being aware of it."

"I told you not to go and mess around with this Michael, what if somepony got hurt?" Twilight lectured.

"Well what'd you expect us to do? You all leave us here with no books, no games, no food. And how could we resist messing around with these kung Fu werewolf powers?"

"Clam down Twilight, no pony got hurt." Rainbow said. This was backed up by Pinkie and Applejack. Fluttershy was neutral and Rarity agreed with Twilight. But eventually she caved in.

"Okay fine, I guess it's okay if no pony got hurt. But we're going to see the princess first thing tomorrow morning to get you back into your own bodies, get Michael back to normal and…"

"And what?" I asked.

"And…Then to get some breakfast." Twilight said, I glanced over at Rainbow and she was thinking the same thing. She shook her head. Twilight was hiding something…

We all went to bed shortly after that, Rainbow not wanting to spa anymore and the others all tired from doing their own thing. Pinkie was exhausted though, completely worn out. Which made me wonder; 'what was she doing?'

But I stayed up for a bit reading up on werewolf facts from a book Twilight had brought. It wasn't an encyclopaedia or anything but it gave you a well enough idea of werewolves, or 'wereponies' as it called them. Turns out werewolves get full of rage when sealed in a small room.

Even when I was a pony, I still sunk almost half way into the bed. It felt like the bed was stuffed with clouds which for all I know, they could have been. They might have had a tiny bit of sleeping powder on them as well, because for whatever reason I fell asleep almost instantly that night.

It seems that almost every night I wake up in an impossible place, and tonight was no exception.

I was snapped awake by a short scream; I shot up and looked around. I knew instantly that I wasn't back in the hotel; the room had paint on the wall that showed the night sky, with enough detail it looked like the walls should belong in a museum. I also saw that I was in bed, a huge semi-circle bed with a moon pattern on it.

Looking down I saw that I was back in my own body again, fingers and hands instead of hooves. But there was no time to celebrate because I looked over and saw a dark blue alicorn staring at me. It didn't surprise me that she was staring; I bed there were rumours, and I guessed that ponies had made it a fairy-tale instead of fact.

But I'd never seen an alicorn before, and her mane wasn't normal either. It flowed and didn't seem like hair at all; more like someone pulled a bit of the night sky and used it as hair.

"Oh hello" I started off. "Can you tell me where I am?"

"You are trespassing in the royal bed chamber. Guards!" She shouted.

"Royal bed chamber? Oh so I'm guessing this is the palace. Another mystery is why am I human again? Maybe whatever caused it was only temporary. Actually I didn't catch your name, who are you?" If this had happened back when I first arrived, I would have freaked out, but now this all seems normal to me.

Suddenly two guards burst through the door, one an earth, and one a Pegasus. "Princess Luna, what's wro-"The guards stopped and stared.

"Oh you're Luna; don't know why I didn't recognise you." I said. "And I'm guessing you're the guards then."

"Guards, arrest this criminal!" The guards looked at each other briefly before turning back to me, anger in their eyes.

"Uh…You might not want to do that." I said, getting out of the plush bed. "Also why are you talking like that, am I back in medieval times?"

The guards charged at me with record speeds, and without even thinking I sidestepped one and countered a kick from another, flipping him onto the floor. "Sorry, I warned you." They got up and charged again, just to be quickly countered.

"Do you mind calling off your guards? I'm here to-"I saw Luna's horn light up and in an instant I was wrapped in dark blue chains, stopping me from moving or even talking.

"We shall take it to the dungeon!" Luna stated.

Along the way I tried to talk, but Luna and the guards ignored the muffles. But one time she asked me: "What are you, criminal?" Removing a chain so I could talk.

"Before I answer that, could I see Celestia? Because I came here to-"She wrapped the chain back around my mouth, silencing me for the whole way.

Eventually we got to an old brick cell, with a heavily barred door. They threw me inside, Luna released the chains and they locked the door. The cell way tiny and was only lit by a single candle on the floor.

"Luna let me out of here; you're making a huge mistake!"

"What harm could you possibly do in there?" She said a hint of mocking in her voice.

"Luna let me out of here now! Everypony in Canterlot is going to die if I stay in here!" That might be a little extreme but seeing that werewolves are smart, fast, and strong. I'd imagine it could escape easily.

"Are we afraid of the dark now?" She mocked. "You're a criminal and will be held on trial."

"Luna listen to me. I came here to get this thing cured and if you keep me in here it's going to get out and kill everyone that gets in its way! So the question is; are you willing to kill an entire city just to prove that you're right?"

Luna paused for a minute, she wondered if I was telling the truth. Then she said: "I shall go find my sister, maybe she will know what you are. Guars, keep an eye on this one."

They saluted as Luna walked back up the stairs, resuming their posts.

"I don't supposed either of you are going to listen then?" I asked the two guards, they didn't answer. "I thought so."

It seemed like forever with nothing to do, but eventually Luna came back, following closely behind her was Celestia.

"You say he broke in?" Celestia asked Luna.

"Ah come on, what'd I break? I don't even remember doing it." I objected. "More importantly, Celestia you need to get me out of here now."

"Not until you answer a few simple questions." Celestia said.

"We're all running out of time! Get out of here and I'll answer whatever questions you want, but I need to get out of here now."

"You seem to be forgetting who is in charge here criminal." Luna objected.

I knew that they weren't going to listen. But if what I read was real, then it's not my fault they didn't listen and they get knocked unconscious…Or worse.

"Okay, fine. Ask away, let's just pray that I don't black out again."

"First of all, what are you? You don't look like a pony." Celestia asked. "And what are you so afraid of?"

"I'm human, come from a completely different universe. I came here to get this werewolf thing out of my body, I read if you lock up a werewolf in a small space, then it takes over the host and kills anything that gets in its way to the outside. That's why I need to get out of here."

"Human...Hmm human, human…Do you know Twilight Sparkle by any chance?"

"Yeah, I lived with her in ponyville. She and her friends are staying at some fancy hotel waiting to see you. Or probably looking for me."

"Why didn't you say so? I shall write to Twilight immediately." She said, turning to walk back upstairs.

"So I can get out of here then?"

"Hmm? Oh no you will still be kept down here for security purposes."

"Oh sure that makes perfect sense! Lock a claustrophobic unholy werewolf combined with a human down in a dungeon where it only needs time to get out. Real solid plan you got there."

Celestia and Luna walked out, leaving me with the two guards keeping watch. So I had to wait, it was terrible knowing that they were so ignorant that they couldn't be bothered to listen, and that they were going to pay for it.

"Last chance to run you know." I said.

"You can't scare us criminal." One of the guards said.

"Well what if they're both wrong huh? What then?" They didn't respond. Then I felt drowsy all of a sudden, blurred vision, most of the signs that the book described.

"Can't say I didn't warn you." I said before blacking out. That's got to be the hundredth time I've passed out now.

I woke up in one of the castle's many hallways, with Celestia holding me down.

"He's waking up." I heard Twilight call out. Looking around I could see the floor was scattered with guards, all badly beaten.

"Man, what happened here. Oh yeah, I did." I looked up at the princess. "Can't say I didn't warn ya…Oh crap, I didn't kill anyone did I?" That's when the real fear began to sink in.

Back in the dungeon cell I thought that they would listen or that at least the princess could stop me. But after seeing all it took to stop this werewolf inside me, I could have killed somepony, and be locked up for life.

"No, luckily we were able to stop you." The princess told me.

"Why didn't you warn them Michael" Twilight said, anger in her voice. "And how did you get into Luna's bedroom anyway? You could have killed somepony!"

"You think you're leaders are perfect don't you Twilight? Able to stop anything terrible from happening, well not even they are perfect. They were so stubborn that they wouldn't let me out, even knowing that this might happen."

"Princess, you didn't really cause all this, did you?" Twilight asked.

"I'm afraid I did, neither of us listened even after it warned us." There was a moment of silence from everyone. I guess they all really did think their leaders were perfect. Until I broke it by saying:

"You know, you can get off me now. So we can finally get around to curing this werewolf thing."

"How do we know you are not still dangerous? You have beaten my royal guard, snuck into my sisters' bedroom without a trace, and even admitted that you are a werewolf."

"Exactly, and after all that do you still want to mess with me?" After Celestia not responding I pushed her off myself and stood up, she was only a bit heavier than some of the other ponies, like Rainbow Dash.

"Wait a minute." Rainbow called out. "Didn't you say you wanted to keep those powers?

"I do, but not if it means every time I wake up there's a chance I'm going to wake up a murderer."

Twilight grabbed my shirt and pulled me down and spoke in a hushed tone. "Michael are you crazy! The princess could lock you up for life, or banish you, or even….execute you! Aren't you scared?"

I stood up from my kneeling position and responded. "Nope, I'm not scared. Because I know she's scared of me."

That conjured a "what?" from both Twilight and Celestia.

"Why would you think I am scared of you?" Celestia asked.

"Over a thousand years of knowledge and experience, you've practically grown into a demi god by now. And then something new shows up. Something you know nothing about, any weaknesses, or strengths, or tactics. And something that just beat down your entire royal guard, and something that you don't know how to stop."

I could see a slight glimmer of fear in Celestias' eye that became obvious just for a split second. The fear of what was inside me. "Now, let's go get that book."

Luna guided us to one of the oldest sections of the library. It was old but was constantly being updated with new info. The evolutionary archives, every year or so it is filled with dozens of new books with discoveries on biology, psychology, and chemistry of every living thing out there.

And yes, I said Luna was leading us. Even though a thousand years had passed, she retained most of the information she had when banished. Werewolves or 'wereponies' were more common in those days, and are little to none in this era.

The library was huge, the size of a football stadium. I asked Princess Celestia how she managed to fit it all in, because from the outside it seemed like a tiny bedroom sized room. "Powerful magic can do powerfully things Michael, but I assume you know that."

Turns out it wasn't just a Tardis room spell, it also had a powerful near mute spell onto it that Celestia had to disengage. The spell was designed to turn the loudest noise into little more than a whisper.

"I always love it in here" Twilight said. "So many books."

"Yeah, yeah, let's get going so we can find this thing." Rainbow complained. "Urgh it'll probably take forever."

"Found it!" I called out, after a mere two minutes of searching this vast library. The others all rushed over. It was in an old wooden display case.

"How did you find it so quickly?" Celestia asked. "I've memorised dozens of sections but not even I could find it."

"Powerful magic can do powerful things Celestia." I mocked. "But I assume you already know that. Okay, let's see what we need to cure it, then we can-"I hesitated for a moment, not knowing what I was going to say next. "Uh…Let's just see what we need."

Luna cracked open the bookcase with some magic. Call me crazy but I think that everything in this castle has a magical lock on it; hell the book might even have one on it.

"Page 243" I said, the words slipped out like I'd memorised the book entirely. Luna shot a quick look, I guess she still hates me a bit for breaking into her bedroom, and know thinks I'm showing off to Celestia.

"Okay" Luna said, as her eyes skimmed over the words, fast as lightening. "To cure a werewolf we must have…Powerful magic, a dragon scale, water from a lunar river, and a drop of the werewolves' blood."

"Wait, why dragon scale? Dragons aren't exactly magic."

"Well…Actually they are."

"They are?" Celestia said, breaking her normal calm attitude.

"Yes, back in the old times dragons could use powerful elemental magic. They could conjure fire, dispel storms, and move entire mountains! Up until they became more and more rare, no pony knew where they disappeared to…But that's a story for another day! All of this should create a strong enough magical potion to wipe the curse from your body."

"Okay then, Spike come here a second." I said, gesturing for him to come closer.

"Michael! We can't use Spike!" Twilight objected. "He's just a baby dragon! Besides, it says here we need mature dragon scales."

"In that case we must travel north to the lands of Earth-rim, where we can find dozens of dragons, and the dragon-born."

"What? No we don't." Celestia said. "We could just go to old Canterlot; I heard there's a dragon living there now."

"Oh…really? So this isn't going to turn into an epic long quest sort of thing?" Celestia and the others shook their heads. "Oh…Okay then I'll get the map."