• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

The new arrival in Equestria - Blazer787



Humans were never meant to handle magic, so what will happen when a human gets into Equestria?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,302

A blast from the past

As I was walking down the path surrounded by flying, horned, talking ponies. (Not every day you get to say that) A thought had occurred to me.

"Woah waoh, wait" I said stopping in my tracks. "I can't go into town.

"Why not sugar cube?" Asked Applejack.

"In case you haven't noticed, I don't exactly fit in here."

"Hmm, ya got a point there"

"Also where exactly are we going once we get to pony town?"

Twilight spoke up "Its ponyville and I was hoping to get you to the library so we can find out more about you and how you got here."

"Ok that's good to know," I replied. "But that still means I'm gunna stand out."

"Oh quit being such a baby" taunted Rainbow Dash.

"Hell, that's easy for you to say, you don't know the feeling of a whole town staring at you."

"Pfft, I've been in competitions and on stage before."

"That's not the same, there's a difference between being up on the stage, and having the cold shoulder!" I was furious with her, but I didn't want to show it. After what they've done for me, agreed to take me in even though I'm a stranger in every way, they didn't deserve it.

"Hey! Stop it you two." Interrupted Twilight, "we can take you around the back way if you want, not many pony's take that route."

"Thanks, It'd just be too awkward with everyone in town staring." After that there was an awkward silence going on, I felt guilty after yelling at Rainbow Dash. I didn't even have the nerve to look at anyone (or anypony) for the whole trip, I either look ahead or down at my feet. We entered through the side of the town nearest to the library; even so, it was hard to get through the town. I tried to remain as un-seen as possible. "Aww shit, I hope no one saw me," I mumbled to myself. We eventually reached the library. "Wait, a tree? The library is in a tree? Are you SERIOUS!"

"What? You don't have houses like this in your world?" said Twilight.

"The nearest we have are small forts built in trees for kids to play in, but a whole house!"

"Oh just get in here already." Pressured Rainbow Dash.

*sigh* I followed the others into the library. "I just don't get it, we passed a lot of normal houses on the say here, why build one in a tree?" I commented on the way in.

"You just don't stop talkin' do ya?" Joked Rainbow Dash.

"I like to think of it as a healthy curiosity." I studied the interior of the house. "Holy shit, this is impressive, especially for a hollowed out tree. You have some dam good architects"

"Alright, let's get down to business." Said Twilight levitating her quill. (I was turned around at the time so I didn't see this happen.)

"Okay, so what do ya wanna know first?"

"How about we just start with the basics of who you actually are?"

"Taking it slow I see." I said while still walking around and studying the library. "My name's Michael, I'm 13 years old, male, brown eyes, and um…I guess there's not much more to it without taking it into my own world. Dam, not many times you get to say that without bullshiting somebody!"

"Uh huh…ok so what do you…things….eat?"

"Well, we mostly eat-"

"HAY!" Pinkie pie interrupted hanging from a support beam on the roof.

"What? No we eat-"

"GRASS?"

"NO! We eat-"

"FLOWERS!"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled at her, everyone was staring at me now, Pinkie fell from the beam but no one took notice, all eyes were on me. It was extremely awkward, especially since they weren't even human eyes. "Sigh, sorry, I have a friend back home that acted random just to get attention, but it was just non-stop and everyone just got pissed at him. Sometimes you just have to yell"

"Yeah but, nobody's ever yelled at Pinkie before. Not like that" Rainbow Dash.

"Sigh, you guys don't deserve this, if you want me to go that's fine."

"Now why on earth do ya think we want you ta leave?" Said Applejack

"Well I was yelling at Rainbow Dash earlier, and just now at pinkie. I haven't been the best guest."

"Ahh we couldn't throw you out!" Said Rainbow Dash.

"You don't even know you're way around ponyville yet." Said Twilight.

"Thanks guys…girls…um, ponies? Whatever. So what else did you want to know?" I questioned.

"Well, what were you going to say you eat?" Said twilight readying her quill.

"Oh yeah, humans are omnivores, so we can eat vegetables, herbs, and berries, up to really any kind of meat." I said to myself: "Heh, om nom nomnivores."

"Well you might have to go without meat, we're all vegetarian."

"Hmm, okay I guess. I'm gunna miss it…Hey are you even writing this down? I down see much movement over there."

"Well of course I am, see?" Twilight floated the scroll and quill to where I could see them with her horn glowing.

My eyes widened in surprise. "So you can do magic?" I said in a rasp, hoarse voice. "Anything else I should know before I have a heart attack!"

"Well there is-"

A purple baby dragon walked down the stairs. "Urg, what's all the noise, I can barely sleep up he-"

…We just sort of stared at each other "AAAAHHHH!" We both screamed at each other, I stumbled back and fell over and the dragon ran back upstairs.

With my ass still flat on the floor, "Nice to know that you keep a DRAGON in the house!"

"Ahh, he's just a little surprised about seeing an um…a-"

"Human" I corrected.

"Yes that's it, a human," Twilight giggled "don't worry I'll go get him." The purple pony ran up the wooden steps.

"…So that was a dragon right?" I asked. They all agreed. Not bothering to get up, I simply crossed my legs, and rested my head on my hand with my elbow on my knee and thought aloud: "Great, talking ponies, magic, Pegasi, and now a dragon? What else is there?" So after two minutes of just awkwardly sitting there occasionally looking over to the ponies, Twilight eventually came down the stars with a floating purple dragon struggling to get out of a purple aura. I stood up and moved in for a closer inspection. As I did the dragons pupils got smaller, and its eyes widened. "So this is a dragon? I imagined they would be…bigger." As I said this I circled the dragon with my hand on my chin.

"Well he is still only a baby dragon." Twilight noted.

"Wait" My arm dropped and my body straightened up and stiffened as my eyes widened in surprise. "You dragon-napped a baby dragon from its mother!"

"No, it's not like that." Twilight gestured for me to come closer, I leaned forward and she whispered: "He doesn't like to talk about it." As I pulled away I tried to cover the conversation up with a cough.

"*Cough cough*, so can he talk? Or can't he understand us yet?"

"I can do both" He said and crossed his arms, "I'm not stupid y'know" he said with a 'well obviously' look on his face.

"Wait, how are you not freaking out by this? It's a dragon!" Said Rainbow Dash flying up to me.

"I've been wondering that too, but I haven't gone insane yet so…Yeah. Anyway I had some time to soak it all in so it could have turned out worse."

"Well it's good to know that you're holding up okay" said Twilight

"To be honest I was sort of getting tired of my own world."

"Why whatever do you mean darling? Said Rarity "your world must be wonderful!"

"Yeah, tell us what it's like over there." Said Rainbow Dash enthusiastically, while Twilight was putting down Spike.

"Uhh…I should really tell you later" I said back worryingly. "Oh man I forgot, so umm while I'm in this whole ponyville, who can I stay with? Don't really have any housing yet."

"Well, yer welcome to stay at Sweet apple acres with us" offered Applejack.

"Or you can come and stay at sugar cube corner!" Merrily said Pinkie Pie.

"I live in cloudsdale, so I'm out." Said Rainbow Dash matter-of-factly.

"I would love to hear about the fashion in your world" Said Rarity excitedly.

"Sorry, but there's only one bed in the library," apologised Twilight.

"Oh, um…I'm not sure if…" Shyly said Fluttershy as she trailed off.

"I might as well go back to the apple orchard. I want to try and find out how I got here." I said.

"Come on now, I'll show ya back there" Said Applejack already half way out the door.

As we walked back to Sweet apple archers through the warm summer air, I noticed that the pony had a mark on her backside.

"So um…What's that mark you have there?" I asked pointing to it.

"What this? Well it's a cutie mark, you've never heard of one before?" Applejack asked back stopping in her path, facing me.

"Not really, so is it like a tattoo?"

"A what? A cutie mark only appears when a pony finds their special talent."

"Jeez, I'll lose my sanity before this is over." We continued walking down the dirt road, and eventually I asked. "So what's yours for? What's your special talent?"

"Well, my special talent is taking care of the farm: bucking apples, feeding the town, carin' for our kin."

"So how did you get it?"

"You sound just like three little fillies I know. But it's a long story, I'll tell ya later."

I had walked down this path before so the trip seemed pretty short. But the whole way there my mind was stuck in a purgatory state, questioning every little detail of this strange world that I'm now in. I was a bit sad when we finally got to the acres, I just wanted to stay there questioning everything, for it to never end.

"*sigh* oh well, nothing lasts forever." I thought to myself.

"Let me introduce you to the apple family" said Applejack cheerily as we walked through the gate. Everyone was helping out on the farm somehow. "That there's Applebloom" she said pointing to a small yellow pony with a giant pink bow in her hair. "That's Granny Smith." She pointed to an old wrinkly pony sound asleep in a rocking chair. "And that's Big Macintosh" she pointed to a large red pony with a piece of hay in its mouth.

"I'll bet you ten dollars that we're going to get two more freak-outs any second now" I said smugly to Applejack.

"What the hay is a dollar?"

I heard a high pitched scream and was a small blur of yellow dash behind a tree, and I looked over to see a wide eyed red pony with a piece of hay in its mouth staring at me.

"What'd I tell ya"? I said with the smug expression still on my face. After explaining to Big Macintosh the whole situation, and that I still can't remember a thing, he seemed to take it in easy with a simple "Eyup." The small filly however was a lot harder to convince to approach me. When she did I tried to seem as non-threatening, kind, and gentle as possible, even then it was still hard to get to her. After the granny pony sleeping through all of this, Applejack showed me to the guest room. It was a simple room with a single bed, chest, mirror and a desk.

"Haven't got much need to unpack so, if ya don't mind I'm going to go back to where I woke up."

"Woah woah hold up there" She warned as she ran in-front of me, "We should really get Twilight as well; her magic can come in handy."

"Hmm Twilight…Twilight…Which one's that again?" I said with a shrug.

"Uhh, the purple unicorn."

"Oh yeah good idea, magic could really help in this situation. God I can't believe I just said that seriously." We walked out and past the orchards; I saw something out of the corner of my eye. "Uh Applejack, is it okay if you go and get Twilight while I stay here?"

"Now why on earth don't you want to come?"

"Still don't fit in over there. Also I don't want to slow ya down."

"Well, alright then, but don't you go anywhere!" She said while running off into the distance. I turned and walked towards the tree, it felt familiar, oh so familiar. I walked around it and to my surprise I found a small pile of items. I bent down and picked up my IPod with my black headphones wrapped around it, "This might help me remember" I thought. I continued to go through the small bundle of items I had found. I found my sketching pencil, a normal school pencil, and my inking pen, all of these I shoved into my left pocket. Then I bent down and found a small square of paper neatly folded. I unfolded the paper and it had a single sentence written on it: 'Never forget, never regret. ~Ben' I flipped it over and it had a drawing of two people smiling, hands on each other's shoulders, just staring at me. I couldn't help but let a smile onto my face, I started chocking up and then it came back to me. Ben was my-"oh my God…"

"You okay there sugar cube?" I heard the voice come from behind me; it startled me and broke my train of thought. I quickly folded up the piece of paper and tucked it into my right pocket.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. So this is where I woke up, or at least I think it is. But this tree it just feels so…Familiar…" I paused for a moment then remembered, "oh yeah and I also found these right behind it." I showed Twilight my pencils, pen and IPod. Her horn started to glow and they levitated towards her. As they floated out of my hand I felt a strange rush of energy flow through my hand, it was the most unusual feeling in the world. I stared at my hand and said "Well that's a first, don't think I'll get used to it soon though, or at all." Twilight ignored me and started to inspect the objects.

"Hmm…Wow! There's a really strong magical aura around these. Where did they come from?" asked Twilight.

"Well, I guess they came from my bedroom. That's the only thing I can remember before waking up here" I responded as she handed all the other things back to me and I packed them into my pocket.

"But the strongest aura is coming from your pocket, what's in there?" The paper floated out of my pocket.

"HEY!" I grabbed the paper out of the air, another rush of energy went through my arm, it gave me goose bumps all up my arm. "It's a bit personal."

"Why is it so important?"

"Ya'll got a girl back home?" Asked Applejack.

"Uhh…" still clutching the paper tight, blushing a bit, being careful not to wrinkle or tear it I looked around for an excuse to get out of the conversation. I noticed the sun was setting. "Uhh, hey the sun is going down. We should all really get to bed.

"But-"

"RACE YA BACK TO THE FARM!" I interrupted then both, and then sprinted off down the dirt road. I ran back down the road, through the gates, and into the farm. "Whew" I thought, Applejack burst in seconds after me.

"Why in tarnation are ya actin' so strange all of a sudden?"

"I'm surrounded by talking ponies! How could I not be acting strange?"

"Hmm…" She stared at me curiously. "Well you are right, and the sun is goin' down. We should get to bed." We just stared at each other for a few more seconds.

"Heh heh heh…Well I'll be going…now." I said and half ran to the guest bedroom and closed the door behind me. I pulled out the piece of paper again and smiled at it. I laid it down on the small table beside the bed, and everything else beside it. I climbed into bed and started to drift off to sleep.

I woke up in my bed at home and heard my dad come into the room.

"Get up" he said "it's almost time for school." I didn't respond as he exited the room, I felt like I was going to be sick.

"That was all a dream?" I thought. "No no NO! Oh God that place was a utopia! Why did it have to end?" I closed my eyes as tight as I could. "WHY WHY WHY?"I screamed to myself slamming my fist onto the mattress.

I woke up in the guest bed on the farm. I flung myself so I was sitting up. My legs were extremely sweaty, for a second I thought I'd pissed myself. But it was just the warmth from the blankets, and the dream. I turned my head to see Applejack staring at me, "AAAAHHHH" I yelled as I fell out of the bed, brining most of the covers with me. "What the fuck are you!" I yelled then my memory kicked in again. "Ah that's right, sorry I forgot there for a second."

"So what was all that screamin' for?" She asked.

"Um, just a nightmare, so why are you up here anyway?"

"Well it's nearly noon and you still weren't up, so I came up and you were rollin' all 'round screamin yerself hoarse. So I woke ya up."

"Thanks" I said standing up and a smile appeared on my face, I walked over to the door and opened it, half way out I turned to Applejack and said: "Y'know at first I hoped this was all just a dream but now, I hope I never wake up."