• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

The new arrival in Equestria - Blazer787



Humans were never meant to handle magic, so what will happen when a human gets into Equestria?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,302

An...Almost normal night

With all the things going on in my life, the werewolf thing, the insanity, the whole freaking pony thing! I never thought that Rainbow would blame anything on herself, she always been so in your face. And now she's brought to tears because one little unimportant human would die. An impossible thing that for all we know could be ripping apart the universe.

"Rainbow…you thought it was your fault…why?" Guilt washed over me, obvious in my tone.

"Because when you fell, I wasn't fast enough. All the time you were in hospital you were just lying there dead."

"But Rainbow I wasn't dead. Didn't the doctor-"

"It's not that you were dead! It's that you weren't…"

"Uh…what?"

"Don't be an idiot! I couldn't save you so now whenever I see you…I know that it's going to happen again." Tears swelled in her eyes as she turned away.

"Rainbow please" I wrapped my arm around her. "All this stuff that's been happening, everything, it's my fault. I was being an idiot up on that cloud and it was my fault I fell. Don't beat yourself up."

Nothing changed, tears still rolled down her cheeks as she sobbed quietly. With a glance I saw that she was biting her lip, it did nothing to stop the tears or sobs.

God I'm such an idiot, I don't even know how to comfort a pony. Is this what I'll end up doing to the others, to this whole world, just plunging it into chaos?

"Please Rainbow; I don't want any of this. Ever since I've arrived nothings been going right, even this, it's all just my fault. Because humans are idiots like that." I pulled her in close for a half hug sort of action.

That still didn't make much of a change; I'll admit I was never one for sappy stuff. I've never noticed how warm ponies are…This stuff is always easier in Sepia tone, I just wish there was a way I could show her...

"Rainbow I promise you, once we get to Canterlot, I can show you how sorry I am."

"H-huh?" She stuttered in between sniffs.

"Apparently this princess of yours has a mind delve spell thingy. It's the only way I can really show you how sorry I am. I don't care if I have to fight an army to get that spell, I will. For you."

We sat there for what seemed like an eternity, I just sat there hugging Rainbow comforting her as she cried her eyes out. I begged and pleaded how it wasn't her fault, but she just sat there and sobbed.

I couldn't begin to imagine what she must be going through. Humans get depressed over death sure but ponies, they have no war or crime at all, something like this must be life destroying.

"You know what…"She whispered.

"Hmm?"

"You really are an idiot." She chuckled, yet tears still rolled down her face. We sat and laughed for a while, we faked insults the way best friend would.

Eventually I remembered something that could fill the gap, at least temporarily. Something magical that always cheered people up and you would have never even noticed it. "Come on; let's go get some ice cream, on me"

Looking into her magenta eyes I saw confusion before she could say a thing. "Ice cream always cheers people up, there's just something magical about it, just like the rest of this world."

Wiping away her tears she stood and we wandered off to a nearby ice cream shop in town. Even after two or three weeks I still got strange looks, it was like I was a complete stranger, back at the beginning. It was annoying and frustrating every time I noticed…But it made me feel special in this world, how I didn't blend in with everybody- I mean everypony else, somewhere where I was truly unique, like something out of a story book.

You wouldn't believe some of the flavours they have at the ice cream shop. They had the usual chocolate, strawberry and vanilla, but then they started getting weird. Flavours made from berries, flowers, clouds, thunder, rainbows and even magic flavours. I mean rainbow flavoured ice cream! These ponies are amazing!

Living in the moment I chose the rainbow flavoured, and she chose the thunder flavour. Rainbow flavoured ice cream looks rainbow obviously but thunder flavoured was dark grey, with blue patters coursing through it. What made it fantastic though is that it was made with real rainbows! No colouring or flavouring like humans do it, but real rainbows and thunder!

As we sat and ate on an old bench with faded paint, I thought aloud: "you know I don't know how all the other humans can stand it."

"Hmm?" She muffled through a mouth of thunder, literally.

"Our world seems so dull compared to yours. We can't fly or shoot magic or make potions at all, I've always wondered how people could stand it at all."

"Wait, so humans don't have any wings?" she stared at me, dumbfounded.

"Nope." I replied shortly.

"No magic, no weather control?"

"Nope, everything started out by hand, no magic or flying."

"You're right, that does sound boring."

We sat in silence for a minute or two before I broke the silence. "I'd love to see the world the way you do Rainbow. Being able to fly and stand on clouds, and make rainbow ice cream! I can't stress enough how awesome that is!"

"What you wanna be a pony now?" She laughed at what seemed impossible and stupid.

"Well, a little. Just for the day…I'll need to remember that when we get to see the queen."

"You mean the princess?" She chuckled at what was pre-school knowledge to them.

"Yeah, what's she like anyway though?"

"Tall, white, her mane goes all flow-y and sparkly. You can't miss her."

"Good to know, but you know what's better?" Before she could answer I pulled her in for another one armed hug. "Rainbow ice cream, you're the only race out there to make it with the real stuff, Brilliant!" Of course I hadn't met any other aliens but, I guess they hadn't.

After talking for a bit and Rainbow asking; "how can you sit like that?" Rainbow had to leave for work shortly after we finished our ice cream; I waved her goodbye as she flew off into the wild blue yonder.

But really, I can't stress it enough just how amazing their ice cream is here! How did I never notice it before? The rainbow ice cream had different layers of flavours, from spicy to sour; it seemed to have almost every flavour. Speaking of work, I'd better get to Pinkie's.

There's something about this world of theirs that just lifts you up off your feet. Whenever you're feeling down, it always comes around; unlike ours this world is literally a ponytopia.

I was a typical day with Pinkie though; she kept bursting out into song, breaking the fourth wall, and pressuring me on what humans cook. But I don't think it would be a good idea to say 'Oh we just butcher a cow, cook it in oil for a bit then eat it.'

By the end of the shift it wasn't the cooking that had worn me out, it was Pinkie's attitude, how on earth can that pony have so much energy? It's like someone gave her sugar pills that were on steroids.

It was sunset by the time I got off work, "this author really needs to cut me some slack." I thought aloud. I ended up walking through town and as I did I spotted Rainbow in one of the crowds, it wasn't hard though, a rainbow mane sort of sticks out.

"Hey Rainbow!" I called as I ran up to her.

"Oh, hey Michael what's up?" She turned around and by the look on her face; it looked like she'd had a pretty rough day too.

"I just got off work and have some spare coin. Wanna go grab a drink?" As soon as those words escaped my mouth, I realised that it sounded like I was asking her out. I tried to hide the surprised look that popped onto my face as I realised.

"Yeah sure, follow me I know a good place."

It didn't seem like she noticed and if she did she didn't really care. More than anything I was relieved, it would have been just waaaay too awkward if she took it that way. Naturally I thought this would be a normal night, just us hanging out. Oh how wrong I was.

I didn't know whether we were in a bar or a café, I was just too tired to tell the difference, but Rainbow always had a way of livening things up. I ended up ordering some blue and green drink called dragon tower that Rainbow recommended.

I didn't pay much attention to it but that black and white pony served us our drinks, you know the one that's been stalking me? Along with the pirate that, as always, was invisible to everypony else. "You're in for the ride of your life son." He said before turning away and walking off into the crowd, it was almost like he melted into the background.

It turned out that it was a bar that we went to, more like a nightclub actually. I didn't notice because of the surroundings or the music pumping in the background, I only noticed because I saw that Rainbow was drunk. She didn't seem tired at all anymore and neither was I, but she was obviously drunk.

"You guysh look sho funneh you know that? No wingsh er horns her nothin'."

"Yeah you're drunk."

"Wha? I am sho not drunk!" Even though she denied it, she had the look of drunk all over her face.

"We should probably go."

"Wha? No we don't itsh only shree in the mornin'"

"It's midnight, and you're drunk."

"Oh come on! Jusht another drink."

"Right, let's go." I dragged Rainbow out of the bar into the cool night air; she stumbled and tripped as she walked.

"Hey what-what're we doin' out here it's rude to the, the other ponies."

"You're drunk." I said letting her go.

"Your shexy." I'm guessing she meant to say sexy, but let's not go there.

"Let's get you home, you don't need more booze." Rainbow's legs gave way and she fell to the ground.

"Carry me please." She held a hoof out, and with a sigh I picked her up and put her on my shoulders. Normally ponies are heavy as hell to pick up, so how did I do it? Well a good diet, all the running and oh yeah, I'm a werewolf. I would have wondered why I hadn't changed but all I was focusing on was getting Rainbow home.

As I carried her along with a small constant pressure on my shoulders I remembered. "I'm guessing you're not good to fly?"

"What? I can sho fly, I'm the besht in Equestria!" She swung herself off my shoulders and landed with a thud. "Ow…" Her voices muffled by dirt as she laid face down.

"Yeah, you're not good to fly. Maybe Fluttershy has a spare bed then." So I picked her up once more and we carried onto Fluttershy's cottage.

As we walked and Rainbow hicked and giggled at everything we saw, I wondered why I wasn't drunk. I'd only had one less drink than her, and I didn't feel a thing. Okay maybe a little tipsy but not as bad as her.

We knocked on Fluttershy's door, seconds later it creaked open I was surprised she was still awake. "Oh, hello Mi-…" She stared at me, confused as Rainbow towered above her.

"Yeah…I know this looks awkward but do you have a spare bed? Because Rainbow is drunk, I might be half drunk, she can't fly, and we need a place to sleep, just for one night."

"Well I…" She stopped and stared, as if weighing out the good and bad of this whole situation. "I guess it's all right if it's only for one night."

"Thanks." I lowered Rainbow off my shoulders and carried her to Fluttershy's guest room, still guessing that she wasn't fit to walk anytime soon.

I don't know if humans can handle the drink better than ponies, or if this is just another mystery. But for whatever reason I wasn't drunk. As for the room, it was similar to Applejack's guest room. A mirror, desk, table, window, the only difference was a double bed instead of a single one.

I laid her down on the neatly made bed. "Try and get some sleep, you'll be better by tomorrow." I said trying to pull the covers over her.

"Oh come on Michael, looshen up and have shome fun. Let's party like its 1979!"

That pirate's words echoed in my ears "you're in for the ride of your life son…" Suddenly getting into the same bed with a drunk pony seemed like a really, really bad idea. But I wasn't going to walk all the way through town, then back to AJ's farm, hell no. So I was determined not turn it into one of…those situations…

I got in the other side and rolled over into a comfy position. "Well, g'night Rainbow."

"Sho Michael, wanna 'ave a little fun tonight?"

"That's just the alcohol talking Rainbow, go to sleep."

"Aww come on, it could be fun…" Well this is awkward…When I said I needed some slack I didn't mean this kind of slack!

"I said no, go to sleep already."

"You know you wanna…" Oh god what the hell did that pony put in her drink!

"Sorry about this Rainbow…" So I had a thought that if I could scare off a bear just by staring at it, maybe I could put her to sleep, or at least knock the idea out of her head. So I sat up and tried to mimic the stare I used on the bear, staring into her hazed magenta eyes.

"Woah…" She muttered before passing out on the spot.

Who could've known how weird ponies were when they got drunk. But I couldn't blame her for she tried to do, she was drunk and it was late. God knows what would've happened if I'd been drunk too, I'm not keen on crossbreeding at all. Thank god for mysterious immunity to alcohol.

"Yup, no more implied themes for you tonight, goodnight Rainbow" I rolled over and just as I was about to drift off, I felt Rainbow hug one of my arms closely. "Well…Better than the alternative" I whispered to myself, and drifted off to sleep.

So it turned out to be a…mostly normal night. But oh how wrong I was…