• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

The new arrival in Equestria - Blazer787



Humans were never meant to handle magic, so what will happen when a human gets into Equestria?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,302

The freakout

Another day, another dollar. Five days a week it was just the same old routine for me. I went to school, came home, and surfed the web or play games. But one night…

"Michael, go to bed!" My dad yelled

"*sigh* Fine dad!" I shut off my computer, and climbed into bed, I didn't bother to get my PJ's on, too tired. I started to drift off to sleep. But then there was a blinding purple light outside my window, I sat up in bed and shielded my eyes from it. It quickly faded.

"Whatever, just probably my imagination "I drifted off into a deeper sleep.

I awoke to the sounds of birds chirping, as my senses came back into focus, I realised that I was sitting under an apple tree, it sorta felt nice just to sit there in the warm air. Then my common sense kicked in.

"AHH! Holy shit where am I! Who, what, where, how, wh-"I was interrupted by signing. I noticed a yellow Pegasus with a pink mane surrounded by birds skipping down the path.

"Umm…h-hello" I called out. The pony suddenly stopped and stared at me.

"*GAAAAASP*" The pony flew off screaming, scattering her birds. I scrambled to my feet and ran after her.

"PLEASE COME BACK!" I screamed as I clambered to get up and bolted after her, she was too fast, and probably couldn't hear me anyway. I went back and sat down back against the tree again. So many questions were racing through my head, "where am I? What was that? How did I get there? What day is it?" A few times I even asked: "who am I"? But I realised that was a stupid question. It felt like only two minutes had passed, but a herd of ponies were already rushing towards me in the distance. Either that pony was fast, or I was sitting there for quite a while. I ran behind a few trees to hide.

"What did you want to show us Fluttershy?"

"There was something here, something I had never seen before."

"Well it aint here no more." *Texas accent*

"Was it big? Was it friendly? Was it on fire! TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!"

"That didn't sound good" I thought, "That's it I'm sneaking off, better safe than sorry" I tried to slink away, but stepped on a twig, it emitted a loud cracking sound. I froze on the spot.

"Huh?" All the ponies said.

"Hello? Is some-pony in there?"

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit" I didn't know what to do, I ran for it! After I thought that I was safely away noticed that all the trees are in rows. "This must be an orchard" Suddenly a pink pony poked its head out of a tree, but was hanging upside down.

"HI THERE!" Before I could react she retreated into the tree and was upside down in another, behind me. She repeated this.

"HI! HOW ARE YOU! WHO ARE YOU! WHAT ARE YOU? *GAASP* DO YOU LIKE CUPCAKES!"

"GAAAH" I screamed. "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THAT!" I ran off again. I didn't care anymore, I just wanted to run. I didn't want to stop, or slow down. I came out of orchard onto the path again but bowled into something. It was that pink pony again.

"WOAH" we both said as we hurled into the ground, well I was hurled into a tree but whatever. At the speed I was running I hit it pretty hard; imagine waking up with a migraine then having a baseball bat dropped on your head. (Not the wooden kind either, I mean the metal kind)

I was asking so many questions, so many that when I was saying them it all sounded like gibberish. I was struck with a surge of emotions: Fear, curiosity, paranoia, turmoil, the whole lot. My heart was beating so fast it felt like it was going to leap right out of my chest.

"Do somethin' 'bout that Twi" said applejack. I couldn't hear any of this over my rambling. Twilight grunted and her horn started to glow, remember I wasn't paying attention to then at all; I couldn't if I tried to. Suddenly my mouth was snapped shut. I tasted metal, and as I felt my mouth I had noticed it had been turned into a zip of some sort. I started pulling at it as hard as I could.

"Holy shit what the fuck is going on? Zip mouths, talking horse things, fucking MAGIC! Either this is one weird ass dream, or I am tripping the fuck out! God I can't even remember what happened before I woke up." I thought all at once.

"Is he even listening?" scolded applejack

"I'll take care of this" boasted rainbow dash. *GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* "LIIIIIISTEEEEEN!" She screamed. It definitely broke me out of my trance; I was blocking my ears long after it was over, partly because I was hoping that it was all a dream and that I would just wake up. I then continued to pull on the zip which was somehow my mouth.

The purple pony started to talk. "First thing, you're not going to get that zip off, its magically bonded, now then, as soon as you calm down I'll take it off." After about two full minutes of trying to break the zip, I gave up and just sighed. "Good, now you're going to explain what you are and what you're doing here." Her horn glowed as my mouth became human again.

"Explain what I am? What are YOU? You're fucking talking horse things, you have wings and magic. Not to mention I can't even remember a THING! Until I know what's going on I'm not saying ANYTHING!"

The blue Pegasus pony intimidatingly flew towards me. "Listen chump, YOU'RE the newcomer around here; YOU should be doing the talking!" She said as she stared me in the eye.

"Who ya callin' a chump ya freak?" I countered

The purple pony spoke up again. "Stop Rainbow, it's in our world we should explain things first."

"And how do ya know we can trust this thing?" The Pegasus said again.

"I have a name y'know" I interrupted angrily.

"Well then what is it?" Asked the purple pony again.

"It's Michael, now what in the name of CRAP is going on here?"

They tried to explain to me that the world is called equestria, and that everyone there was either a unicorn, pony, or Pegasus. Even with everyone else helping, except for one little yellow and pink pony, it still ate up around two hours.

"Whoa that's a mouthful, so who are you pony…um, things?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, princess Celestia's most faithful student." Said a purple unicorn

"A pony with a royal background, that'll get you places," I commented.

"I'm Applejack; I take care of the apple trees 'round these parts" shelifted her hat.

"I am miss Rarity, fashion designer and most elegant pony in ponyville" I rolled my eyes. She was a white pony with a purple mane.

"I'm rainbow dash the coolest pony in ponyville." This pony was blue with rainbow patterned hair.

"AND I'M PINKIE PIE!" Said a pink pony jumping like a trampoline.

"Uh huh...wait" It when then that I realised, that was the pony that was in the trees earlier. "That was you; you were the one in the trees."

"Yep that was me" said pinkie still bouncing.

"That was you running through the apple crops?" said Applejack "How'd you get here? And what are you?"

"I'm a human, and I don't know how I got here. I was lying in bed then…"

"Twitcha, twitchy twitch!" Interrupted pinkie pie, as her tails rapidly twitched. She was now stiff with a wide eyed look on her face. The entire group of ponies stared up nervously.

"Um is she okay?" I asked.

"Us ponies who've been 'round here long enough know that when Pinkie's twitchin' you had better listen." Said Applejack.

"Yeah, and a twitchy tail means something's gunna fall!" Said Rainbow Dash nervously.

"Oh great, MORE random crap happening, that's JUST what I need!" I moaned.

THUMP! An apple came crashing down onto my head.

"OUCH!" I yelled as the yell startled the group of ponies. "Well I'm all for believing in magic, but I don't believe the whole twitchin' thing."

"Oh don't worry you will," said Rainbow Dash with a smug smile on her face, "you will."

"So as I was saying, I'll tell you details later. Is the town far from here?"

"Shoot no." Said Applejack waving a hoof.

"Come on we'll take you there, it's called ponyville" said Twilight.

"Oh that's an original name."

"Hey, you should be grateful that were even telling you about this place, you're nothing we've even seen before." Snapped Rainbow Dash.

"Okay let's get going…" We started walking off; I stopped as I noticed something. "Hey you never told me your name." I said looking at a yellow pony with a pink mane.

"Oh, I'm Fluttershy" she whispered.

"What was that?"

"I'm Fluttershy," still whispering.

"Anybody know who she is?" I asked pointing my thumb over my shoulder to the yellow Pegasus, Rainbow Dash turned around.

"Her name's Fluttershy, heh heh she's kinda shy around new things." Said Rainbow Dash loudly.

"Thanks for that," I said back.

"No prob, hey ya comin' or what?"

"Come on Fluttershy lets catch up to the others."

"Oh o-okay" she quietly whispers as I'm walking away. She ran to catch up to us.