• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

The new arrival in Equestria - Blazer787



Humans were never meant to handle magic, so what will happen when a human gets into Equestria?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,302

Showing up the show

"There we go, done"

"So…Why did ya'll duct tape the ground?" Applejack asked.

"Well we've broken the fourth wall too much so it's made some cracks here and there, and you know what they say, duct tape fixes everything! Especially magical timey wimey duct tape! But enough of that, let's get going." He stuffed the tape into an inner pocket of his large orange coat and started walking.

"Wait…how are we going to get back up?" He stopped in his tracks as he suddenly realised that there was a cliff right in front of him…Not the smartest guy in the group I guess. "Anypony got a grappling hook?"

"It would be much easier to use a spell rather than to climb" Luna stated. With no hesitation at all she began to prepare the group teleportation spell once again. Her horn lit and sparkled as the faint metal tang of magic filled the air. In the split second before the spell was released, I realised something.

"Wait Luna-"Too late, we were already gone, and had already arrived.

My legs collapsed under me as we were transported back, the normal dizziness of a big spell began to take effect in my head, along with the slight blurring of vision and the ringing of ears.

"Ooohhh, is magic always like that?" The newcomer moaned. "I feel like I'm going to be sick."

"I thought you've used magic before…" I said, with a little less of a sick tone in my voice.

"You forget that I've never been real so I haven't had much time to get used to everything. And yes, it is hard to get used to being real, it's a real thing…How ironic that is…"

We scanned our surroundings and saw that we were once again in the main chamber of the Canterlot castle. Yet no Celestia was to be seen anywhere. No guards, or maids, or scribers anywhere.

"Where's Celestia?" I asked Luna, "Shouldn't there at least be a guard around?"

"It is a Sunday today, human; my sister most often sleeps in on Sundays. It is the only day where she does not have the full hassle of being a ruler."

We all shook ourselves off from the usual side effects of strong magic. Well mostly just me, AJ, and the pirate guy. Pegasi are mostly unaffected, unicorns are almost completely and Pinkie…She's just Pinkie, don't try to explain it.

"Speaking of no hassle, I think after that trip we could all do for some R&R, let's stop the plot for a while and take a day off." The pirate suggested.

"We did have a normal life!" Twilight suddenly burst out. "Up until Michael got bit and then this whole crazy thing started! Now with you here, our lives are going to be even crazier!"

"Exactly what I'm talking about, let's follow the example of Celestia and take a break, Twilight just showed us all why we need it."

"You can't go out like that" Rarity pointed a hoof to him.

"What, because I'm human? You're all fine with Michael, so if Ponyville is fine with it why should Canterlot be any different?"

"I don't mean that you are not a pony, I mean you can't go out in what you are wearing!" A look of utter confusion spread across the pirates face, no idea what she was talking about.

"Oh the colours are all wrong, nothing complements anything else, and the pirate look is utterly hideous! You simply can't go trotting around Canterlot in those old rags!"

"Old rags? These clothes are brand new; they didn't even exist until yesterday. They were spun in the void between worlds and if nopony likes it, then they can go-"

"NO! BAD SPACE PIRATE!" I said at him while shoving my hand over his mouth, trying to add as much authority to my voice as possible, but it was hard to say 'space pirate' without laughing just a tiny bit.

He pushed it away and said "wait…That's it! Michael what is wrong with this picture?" He jumped over to where the ponies were standing and waited for an answer.

"Uh…No idea." I replied blankly.

"Oh come on Michael think! What is wrong with this whole picture?"

"Well you're here when you were never meant to be so-"

"Exactly! There's a human in Equestria! So how do we fix it?"

"You could find a way back to your own place instead of mooching off us!" Rainbow accused, pointing a hoof towards us.

"No, instead of being humans, let's get with the times…Let's become ponies!"

"WHAT!" Everypony and I cried out in unison. "We can't become ponies! I pointed out.

"Well why not? You swapped bodies with Dash for a day or two and that wore off, so what's keeping us from becoming ponies ourselves?"

"DNA, plot, characters style, the universe, magic, laws of science, and a lot of other things."

"Michael we have all seen the impossible in this world, so this should be simple compared to what you have done. Let's try anyway."

"That would take more power than you have to perform a full transformation" Luna pointed out.

"Well would you have enough power then?"

"I would, yes but I am not going to turn you into ponies, we are not even sure if it will work."

"But you said it was Sunday, you don't have to do any work. And with the spell we won't have to be stuck inside all day!"

"No, I shall not going to attempt to turn you into ponies."

We all stood there for what seemed like a whole day, each one yelling at each other like a debate hyped up on sugar and coffee.

"THEN BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY CAPSLOCK!" He yelled in Luna's face.

"YOUR CAPSLOCK IS PUNY HUMAN!"

"WHY ARE YOU NOT GOING TO AT LEAST GOING TO TRY!"

"BECAUSE YOU ARE YELLING!"

"WHY ARE WE YELLING?"

"YOU SHOULD FEAR THE OPTION OF CANTERLOCK!"

"Wait. Why are we yelling...Oh well, then I'll just go talk to Celestia, she will see the logic in it."

"Then we could get Celestia to do it, she will see the logic in it."

"Wait, you do not want to wake my sister while she is-"before Luna could finished he was suddenly gone in a flash of light. "Very well, follow me."

We all followed Luna through the halls of the castle; the guards that we passed shot me a suspicious glance when I walked past. We made our way out the main gate and around to one of the gardens that overlooked a valley to the east. "Three…Two…One…" She counted.

"AaaaaAAAAAAHHHHH!" A nearby bush was ruined as we saw a newly tossed out pirate smash into it, falling a good four stories straight into the garden.

"Thank god for cartoon physics…" He coughed and made his way off the crushed bush.

"I warned you not to wake my sister; she can be very…Unstable when she is rudely awoken."

"Wow, you really don't know what it's like to be real do you?" I joked.

"Shut up, I just got flung out of a four story window, I'm lucky to be alive."

"I fell off the cloud and hit the ground at probably terminal velocity, your move."

With a surrendering sigh, Luna said "very well. I will perform the spell, after seeing what Celestia has done it is obviously not safe around her now that she has been awoken. And it would be very uneventful and aggravating to my guards if you were to linger in the castle all day long."

"Oh good, you finally see the logic in it."

"Wow this guy is being a prick." I thought, careful not to show any sign of it. "I know I was cocky a few times but his guy…Wow. He wins the worst kind of person award."

"Well then I guess you're a prick to Michael because I'm a part of you." He said back to me.

"Oh crap you can read minds now?"

"Well that whole knowledge sharing system, I can update it pretty often."

"Great, first the stares from the ponies, and now I can't even have my own thoughts belong to me."

"You done yet?" Rainbow asked us. "The faster we get on with this, the faster we can get out and have some fun!"

"INCOMING!" I yelled, right before we were all blinded by something, it felt more like knocked out really. There was a flash as bright as the sun, then darkness in every direction, spanning off like the ocean. Until finally my vision came back.

"Urgh, my head…" I rubbed my head as I tried to sooth a new found headache.

"You woke up fast." I heard someone say; instinctively I rolled my head to the side and saw a brand new pony standing there with an unreadable look on his face. I tried to speak, but only a soft moan came out.

"Come on; let's get you back onto your feet. Well hooves actually." He tried to help me up, but just like last time I was a pony, I had no motor control at all. I fell flat onto the ground five times before he gave up and just stuck me in a sitting position.

"Wha…What ha-happened to the others…" My voice came out slow, dreary and confused as I looked over to see everypony unconscious on the grass, even Luna.

"They'll be fine, it's just the blast back from the high powered spell, a full transformation doesn't come cheap ya know."

My vision cleared and sharpened and I got a good look at him. Standing before me was an orange colt with bright yellow hair being split by a horn, and the same dark sword hanging from a belt he wore. The cogs in my head grinded until I recognised him, he seemed completely different as a pony. No more looks of hate or seriousness, no more of his sense of importance. He had the face of a pony now, a gentle and loving face.

"I'll wait until you can stand up and move again, and then I can explain everything like I promised." He walked over to some rocks and started to practice once more.

To my surprise it was a lot easier to move as a pony this time around, whether I remember what to move or something has happened with that magic, I don't know. But I was just glad I didn't have to commando crawl anywhere anymore. So with much more practice I became familiar with the controls of a pony again.

"You're learning fast aren't you? But let's wait here until the others wake up, I don't think we will have to wait long though." He levitated an air horn from behind him, where he got that from I still don't know, hammer space probably.

It blasted out its deafening sound that probably woke up everypony in ponyville by how loud it was. Every pony's eyes instantly snapped open to the intense air horn and they shot to their feet, eyes dashing around looking for the source of the sound.

"Okay you're awake, just wanted to let you know that the operation was a success. Quick question though, how long will this spell last?"

"What happened?" Spike asked.

"Magical backlash, the spell was so powerful that it knocked you all out."

"Then why did you stay awake?"

"Magic void, half human, cross species magic, I thought we've been over this already."

"All that stuff is booorring!" Pinkie said as she somehow appeared right behind us. "Let's go have some fun already!"

"Well about that…"

"We're kinda running low on bits." I finished.

"Oh don't worry about that, I have stashes of bits hidden all around Equestria, in case I see a super yummy cake but I only need a few more bits. There should be enough to get us through the day." She patted my mane and walked off towards the gate. Wait a second…My mane… I haven't even taken the time to look at myself yet!

"Please be a Pegasus, please be a Pegasus, please be a Pegasus…" I glanced over to my back and, to my disappointment; there was nothing, not a single feather. A deep feeling of sorrow washed over me as I realised I wouldn't be able to fly. Ever since I had gotten out of Rainbow's body the sense of flying has lingered in the back of my mind, like an addiction I craved for it but I knew that I couldn't go back. And now the last chance for me to feed that addiction had flown away, how ironic at that wording.

"Maybe I could still be a unicorn; after all, the pirate is one." I reached up a dark blue hood and felt around for any sign of a horn, but sadly I found none, just the soft touch of my mane against my new hoof. But at least I could check what colour I had for a mane, because for almost all ponies it is reflected on the tail. I used this to glance back and to see a scruffy bright orange tail, like a flare against the dark green grass.

The tail was orange at the tip, the colour changed from orange to yellow as it traced back to my body. That gave me a faint idea of what my mane looked like, but I guess I'll have to wait for a mirror.

I flapped my tail playfully; it felt good having my own pony body. Mine, not anyone else's, it was my own and I was free to do what I wished with it. The addition of a tail lifted my spirits immensely though, it was a playful little addition that I now have, it may not be the most practical but it was defiantly going to be fun to have. If you are somehow ever stuck as a pony, or get sucked in here, get a tail.

It just lifts your mood tremendously for some unknown reason, it's like; "Look at my tail! Whoosh whoosh, tail power!" By the end of playing with it you feel as cheerful as a filly Pinkie Pie.

"Come on, this will be the first time you won't have to be a sneaky ninja to get around Canterlot." The bright orange pony taunted as he led me off in Pinkie's direction, breaking me out of the trance I was enveloped in by my tail.

Soon enough we were walking the streets of Canterlot and Pinkie was pointing out all the local hotspots to us.

"That's the race track over there, over there is where we had the play for hearths warming eve, and over there is the Canterlot nightclub!"

"Got any good DJs?" I asked.

"Well duh, it wouldn't be a nightclub without DJs! There's PON3, Neon Lights, Taz 27-23, everypony wants to get in!"

While we were walking, the orange pony beside us stopped and stared at a wall across the street like he was looking straight through it. We turned and saw something glimmer in his eye, something deep down inside was troubling him and it was obvious at this point. He seemed to have the tiniest hint of emotion in his eyes, like he had lost someone somehow.

"Hey, you okay there?" I asked him.

"Yeah it's…It's nothing, let's keep going." And so we did, after a full walk around town Pinkie offered to buy us lunch. There was a massive selection of bakeries, cafes, and restaurants scattered around Canterlot. It was almost like it was bigger on the inside. When you see Canterlot it just seems like a town built on a mountain but it is so much more than that. The exotic buildings twist and curve as they soar up into the deep blue sky. Some buildings were lucky enough to have a mural of the two princesses masterly painted on the side. Yet some were entirely taken up by paintings of a princess. The whole city just took your breath away and it is unbelievable what these ponies are capable of. The beauty of the city is truly something only to be experienced and not to be read about.

"I wonder what this will do to my diet being a pony…" I though aloud. "Maybe I can finally see what a dandelion sandwich tastes, or some hey, I've never tried hay. What did ponies back on earth eat anyway; it's been so long I can't imagine a normal pony anymore."

"Normal pony? What's wrong with us huh?" Pinkie stopped in her tracks to ask.

"Nothing it's just-"

"Hmmmmm?" She leaned in, squinting her eyes.

"I thought we've been over this" the orange pony interrupted. "Different universe, no more talking ponies, real physics and all of that, but anyway let's go get some lunch!" He cantered off in the direction of a randomly picked café.

"I hate to ask but do you have any bits on you? Now that I'm a pony I don't really have pock- what're you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm looking for my bag of bits silly billy." Pinkie sat on the ground and was rooting through her tail with her hooves.

"How is your hood not coming out the other side?"

"Found it! Let's go get some cake!" She pulled out her hoof and showed off a small pink sack with her cutie mark sown onto it. She tossed it up onto her fluffy pink mane and walked to the café.

I ended up ordering a dandelion sandwich out of curiosity; now that I was a pony I could actually eat pony food like that. At least I hope I can. Luckily it turns out I could, seeing as how I didn't immediately spit out the mixture of bread and flowers in my mouth. It actually tasted quite tangy as it mixed with the bread but also had a hint of sweetness in it. It was a whole new taste to me and I was left with a craving for more dandelions as the taste hung in my mouth and on my tongue.

"Michael? It is you isn't it?" I heard someone say from across the room. I looked over and saw a mint green pony approaching me. "What are you doing in Canterlot, actually why did you disappear altogether? And what happened to you, you're a pony now but you're supposed to be a human. How did that happen?"

We were starting to attract some stares in the café as she loudly went on about humans and disappearing. I pulled her down to sit next to me. "Lyra, what are you doing here, and how on earth did you know it was me? I don't even have the right coloured mane!" I said in a hushed tone, hoping to stop all the stares that were being given.

"Oh don't worry about it, I can spot you a mile away! You don't walk or act like a pony at all. But what I really want to know is how you sopped being, well, you!"

"It's a long story, a really confusing and long story."

"Oh I can wait, I've got time." She said with a smile on her face as always, and rested her head on her hooves.

With a sigh I decided that she wasn't going to calm down anytime soon, so I might as well try to explain. "Basically I got bit by a wolf, turned into a werewolf human thing, snuck into Canterlot in the dead of night, met with the princesses, went on a three day hike to get a cure, came back here, and got turned into a pony…And that's the short version of it."

"What are humans like though? Can you walk in a pony body? Who's that orange pony sitting with you? What planet do you come from? Tell me everything!"

"Oh that's right, that other pony dragged you off before we could talk, who was that anyway?"

"Oh that was just Bon Bon, I don't know why but she never really liked the look of you. Maybe it was because you were supposed to be a fairy tale, or was it a myth, I'm not sure but she never liked how I thought you existed. And you're all the evidence I needed to prove her wrong!"

Even after we had finished our meal at the café, Lyra continued to blitz me with questions as we walked down the streets of Canterlot to nowhere in mind.

"What's your planet called?"

"Earth."

"Language?"

"English."

"Country you came from?"

"New Zealand."

"Home town?"

"I-I…Have no idea really."

"Hmm…How about some other countries?"

A heavy sighed escaped before I listed countries off the top of my head. "New Zealand, Australia, America, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Germany, Poland, Spain, and a whole lot others." Her constant questioning was annoying and tedious; more so as time went on, even pinkie seemed annoyed at the repetitive test of human knowledge I was being given.

"Why do you want to know all of this anyway Lyra? If humans really were a myth, even a tiny and unnoticed one, shouldn't there be info on us? Names and customs lost throughout time and all that?"

"Well not really. Any books I could find were mostly about sightings, fiction stories, how a human looks, and what we believed they did. I knew there had to be more out there and there were facts all around Equestria that nopony else saw. So after I spent years researching and studying, even I was beginning to doubt you existed, just like everypony else. And then you showed up, a real live human. A human that could talk and remember and tell us everything about you! The legends say that you had cities like Canterlot all over! That nopony was ever sick or hungry; you could fly without wings, and even reach other planets! Is all that true?"

I didn't want to ruin what little history they had about us, it was like they saw us as aliens from a TV show, exaggerating every last detail to make it as fascinating and glorious as possible.

"Well, I'm going to go find something to do, thanks for the lunch Pinkie. I'll be seeing you" said the orange pony as he walked off down a busy street.

"I think I'll go too Michael, I'll catch you later!" Pinkie walked off in the opposite direction before using her still unexplained Pinkie powers to effortlessly jump onto a two story roof. Lyra and I sat down on a nearby bench; both of us instinctively sitting like a human would, which attracted a few stares and strange looks.

"So what great things have you humans done? From all the legends, you were the smartest race in the world!"

"Your ancestors called it impossible, you call it science. I come from a place where they are one of the same." Her eyes widened with unfathomable wonder and excitement, she looked ready to explode by how much she was dying to hear what I had to say.

"We have come a long way from all of this, the age of brick and clay. Your deadliest diseases we have cures for, we built machines that could soar over any land and go faster than the speed of sound, we understand the universe to its largest and smallest points imaginable and can understand life itself. We put humans on the very surface of the moon itself without any help from neither wings nor magic of any kind. My race truly mastered our world, and even of others."

"How did you do all that? All of that is impossible; you can't put a pony on the moon!"

"Oh we did, and we will never forget those first few words; 'one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.' Those are the first words to ever be heard from the moon, and those are the words that raised the human empire to a whole new level." I finished that last bit off with pride in my voice, I wasn't sure if it was showing off or the nostalgia, but there was unmistakable pride in there. I saw her go to say something but she hesitated and looked away.

"You okay?" I asked. I seem to be asking that a lot lately.

"It's just…another part of the legend. It said that to gain everything that you humans have, you all made a deal with the devil somehow. So that your planet can't know the peace that we do."

I looked down to avoid those eyes. Compared to them our history was pretty grim, extremely grim. And after she spent years researching and trying to find us, I didn't want to have to crush her fantasy of us "Michael that's not true, right…right?"

"Oh course it's not, we're not monsters or anything like that…Heh heh…eh…"

"Come on, what is it? I know your hiding something, I'm a unicorn, I can tell."

"You think I'll fall for that?"

And just like that, karma got around to me. That orange pony who had walked off casually cantered by us and said loudly: "Two world wars and eight world cups do da, do da!"

"Hey! Don't make me go Sonny Bill on your ass!"

"Uhh…What did he say about wars?"

"It's nothing, don't worry about it."

"Am I going to have to break out the mind reading spell?"

"Wait, you have that!" She nodded with a smile on her face. "Dammit…Okay fine…It's all true…"

"What!" I guess Lyra didn't honestly expect to hear that, maybe she hoped that it was just a false part of the myth.

"It's true. Earth is no paradise like Equestria, there's war, famine, hate, murder, suicide, rape and a whole lot else." Lyra now just stared with a mix of shock and fear at the fact, she was sitting in front of a creature who had just told her all that and she still didn't fully trust.

"Two times our planet has almost destroyed itself. All the countries of the world picked up their weapons and marched out to war, and the battlefield was our planet. And all it was for is over land, countries didn't like their land so they wanted to take others, it's so stupid! But luckily, two times we have spotted before it was too late, and two times we managed to make peace. But every time that happens, the whole world changes. For better or worse, no one knows…Sure we have technology, but with speed, we shut ourselves in, our knowledge made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We began to slowly abandon love and tolerance and only look towards what others think of us…And that is why I didn't want to tell you, our history is so grim compared to yours. And that's also why I kind of like not being able to remember who I am. I could have been a bastard back on earth, so even if I don't know if I'm still me, I like this new personality. I've forgotten everything wrong I might have done…"

I looked over and saw Lyra with an unreadable face, terror, shock, pity, confusion, curiosity, all packed into one strange expression. "Sorry for rambling there…"

"Don't worry 'bout it. But it's hard to believe that all those legends…Well I thought they were just legends!"

"Lyra not all humans are the same, just like ponies, some are better than others."

"Well that's all great info, but I've really got to go and do…Stuff…So I'll see you later then!" She jumped from the bench and waved goodbye as ran off down one of Canterlots' many streets. It didn't bother we that much, I was used to weird behaviour after being stuck around Pinkie for so long. So I headed off to, then soon realised that I had no idea where I was, no money, and no sign of the others.

"Well…Buck…"

So I wandered through town looking at various stores and shops that the ponies have, it's almost the same as earth really, with markets and cafes scattered around I was disappointed that nothing extraordinary was going on. If ponyville has an adventure once a week then why hasn't Canterlot done anything? Well that's what I thought until I came across a gigantic crowd all surrounding a stage of some kind.

"Oh hey again Michael, you know you still haven't thought me up a name yet." I turned to see the orange pony yet again approaching me, with a just as confused face as mine.

"Yeah, yeah I'm working on it…" "Note to self, think up something better than bob the pirate…" "So what's all this for then?"

"If you don't know, then I don't know, but whoever it is really likes to show off." Suddenly the sky lit up in a shower of sparks. Green, blue, green and every other colour coated the sky as balls of light danced and dazzled across the sky and over the crowd. "That's some flashy magic up there."

"Wait…I think I've heard about this somewhere…Oh no, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm always thinking what you're thinking, but it's no way it could be her!"

Then a voice shouted across the mass of peop-I mean ponies. "Give it up for the great and powerful Trrrriiiixiiiiieeee!"

I let out an annoyed sigh as I realised "it is…Wait! This could be a good thing!"

"What, how? She's just an annoying show off who cheats to win over the crowd." The orange pony objected.

"Have you already forgotten? We aren't ponies, we're human, we have a completely different psychology to them."

"And…"

"Let's mess with her, show her up, out do her. You have the magic and I have the humanity, let's get up there and do it!"

"Wow that's really slimy and underhanded…Now you're thinking like me! But first let's think up a plan…"

We fought through the crowd to get to the front and settled on something we knew that Trixie couldn't do better, even with all the magic in the world! Turns out that pirate has been experimenting with that sword of his…

"Does anypony else dare to challenge the great and powerful Trixie?" There was a hush from the crowd as no one spoke up until…

"Yo Trixie over here, I'll give it a shot!"

"Very well, come up on stage and show me what you can do. I can guarantee I can do it better."

So the orange pony walked up on stage, his sword hitting the wooden steps as her did. When he was up he stared her straight in the eye and gave her a look of checkmate. "What is your skill then?" She glanced over to look at his cutie mark and surprise jumped to her face. "You don't have one? So I'm facing a blank flank am I?"

"It's a reeaally long story and I can't be bothered to explain it all now, so let's get on with this."

"Very well, what do you think your talent is?"

"Let's make a deal, if you summon up a training sword and can get just one strike on me, I'll do one thing for you. Anything you want and I'll do it, anything at all."

"This will be easy."

"And to make it fair I won't strike back, seeing as how this sword is real and I wouldn't want to hurt you." Trixie's expression turned from smugness to slight anger at that last part. She had already caught on to him trying to show her up.

Trixie magic'd up a wooden training sword as the orange pony unsheathed his own with his magic. They touched the tips and he shouted. "En garde!" After a few seconds wait her again shouted "GO!"

Trixie went for an easy win by thrusting the sword forward for a stab but he easily deflected the weak wooden sword. She came back around for a right swing but was once again easily blocked by the pirate. The carefully timed strikes Trixie attempted soon became a flurry of blows as she became irritated and angry at not having a single strike in. "Ha ha, yes that's right, hate me! There's no problem with that! It'll only drive you forward!" The speed of every swing escalated until her wooden sword was nothing more than a blur. I don't know who was doing it but somewhere I could hear some action fight music fading into reality somehow. Eventually the orange pony looked bored as he almost effortlessly blocked every thrust, swing, and cut that Trixie savagely threw at him. Soon he became bored enough that he didn't see this as a fight anymore; he saw this as pathetic for swordplay.

"Okay that's enough" he said. After deflecting one last blow he flicked the cutlass on the blunt side and swiftly hit Trixie with a downward cut on the head. Trixie shot daggers at him with her eyes as he couldn't help but let a smug expression across his face. "I guess you can't do that better than I can now can you?" He laughed as he made his way offstage.

When his back was turned, sword sheathed and was nearly to the steps, Trixie tried for one last blow of revenge. She lifted the sword high in the air with her magic and swung it down with terrifying force. The only movement was a slight perk of an ear before he unsheathed his blade with lightning speed. With the grace of a cat the blade swung an arc in the air and looked as to have phased through the wooden training sword. But the results show the opposite as two halves of a broken training blade clattered on the hard wood stage. "Don't make a fool of yourself more than you already have." Cheers erupted from the crowd as he walked off stage and back over to me.

"Thanks for the comedy show Trixie!" He called back to her as he led me back into the now sunset lit streets of Canterlot.

"How did you do that, I know you've been experimenting but that was world class up there!"

"Well thirteen years of XP can really level you up. But about the blank flank thing…"

"Let me guess, since we're not ponies and we've only been transformed into ponies we don't have cutie marks right?"

"Almost, since we're not from Equestria. It would be fine if we were dragons or something."

There was a sudden flash of light behind us, thinking Trixie would try another sucker punch shot we turned and ducked. But there was nothing. "What was that?" The orange pony asked.

"I don't kn-wait what's that?" I pointed a hoof to his flank to see a brand new cutie mark. Two cutlasses crossed in an X had appeared on his flank.

"Hey it's a cutie mark! That's a nice little touch."

"Nice? This is the biggest thing in a pony's life to happen to them!" It struck me odd how I was so sure of that fact.

"Well it might disappear when we turn back, so I won't get too attached to it. But it is a nice little perk though."

"Yeah I guess so…" Suddenly I remembered something, we were in Canterlot, so that means. "Hey you said you would explain everything to me!" I accused as I shoves a hoof towards him.

"Oh yeah, well you were chatting up Lyra at the time so I went to find something fun to do. But I'm a half man of my word, so let's sit down and I can explain…"