• Published 25th May 2012
  • 895 Views, 7 Comments

A Madman's Guide to Friendship - TheArcher20



a Mad genius and his assistant are sent to Equestria, Teen for use of language.

  • ...
1
 7
 895

Chapter 4

Chapter 4; what luck

A/N: here's the unedited version of the chapter. I am leaving for vacation on the 10th and I should be back by the 23rd. The chapters will resume when I get back sorry if this is inconvenient for any of you.


The morning proved uneventful afterwards when a knock came to Fluttershy's door. Fluttershy nervously came to the door and before opening it asked who it was. The voice from behind the door said it was Pinkie Pie. After Fluttershy opened the door the pink mare saw the mad doctor and the lowly assistant. A quick gasp broke the sound of just about everything else as the pink blur from yesterday went faster than the road runner straight to Sean and Davey. Both of them looked almost awed enough to lose brain cells as the pink mare had started talking.

"Hey it's you two again, what are you up to? How are you liking Ponyville? Ooh, I haven't shown you to everypony yet! But they at least know who you are now!" Pinkie Pie somehow managed to say this all in one breath as Davey and Sean were again in awe at the pink mares speedy talk and how it was faster than she ran. Again once Pinkie had attempted the take a breath between paragraphs, a hoof came up to her face signaling her to stop talking. It seems Rainbow Dash came with Pinkie, "Pinkie can you please be quiet for a minute I need to talk to them?" Pinkie shook her head so violently up and down that everyone in view thought her head was going to fly off and hit someone. "Ok guys so how are you doing fitting in so far?"

"well it seems alright, nothing more than a few stares I guess" Sean said casually.

"that's alot better then I expected" Rainbow sighed in relief "we should-" There was a loud roar sound from nearby the cottage which caused the lowly assistant and the mad doctor to nearly fall at the sound. Fluttershy ran and hid behind the nearest piece of furnature and started cowering in fear. As though it was obvious pinkie just stood there seemingly unphased by the sound and Rainbow Dash seemed ready to charge at whatever it was that made the noise. The roars were getting closer and closer as the cyan pegasi decided to go outside and tensed her muscles ready for a fight. Davey and Sean followed close behind, Davey with a very dark and insane smile plastured across his face and Sean nervously shaking but ready nonetheless behind Davey and Rainbow. Suddenly the roars stopped and it was quiet again, Davey cautiously walked towards the area the roars stopped at when a claw came from nowhere and flung itself in the direction of Davey. Davey attempted to dodge the sudden attack but failed and got a large gash on his right lower leg. As this was happening Rainbow suddenly charged at the owner of the claw at top speed, this resulted in a loud roar of pain from the beast which fell back a short few seconds before getting up again. This time Rainbow attempted the same thing which resulted in the large creature dodging the attack knocking the cyan pegasi back towards a nearby tree unconcious. Sean and Davey attempted to scare the beast off using whatever they could until they started backing it into a corner, at which the beast decided to swing its claw giving Davey a much smaller scratch to his left cheek. After a few minutes of being locked into a corner by the two Humans it gave up the fight and ran back to the forest.

Rainbow Dash started waking up with a pink pony trying to tend to the 'minor' injuries which covered the cyan pegasi when she fell unconcious. Rainbow jerked her head up to see Fluttershy and Sean getting the badly injured madman up to his feet as they tried to take him to the hospital. Though he refused stubbornly he had no choice as his leg had a clearly visible bone showing through poor makeshift wrappings of his own shirt. Rainbow got up only to realize she had sprained her right hoof and nearly fell back down trying to stand on it proclaiming "Ow!". Rainbow and the others went as quick as they could to the local hospital which they found to be quite a distance from where they were. After arriving a few doctors came by and helped the mad doctor to the ER for most likely immediate surgery or stitchings that may be needed. Rainbow was taken to a room to have herself scanned for broken bones. Sean was also taken into a hospital room to get his injuries checked out but nothing seemed as serious as Davey's leg injury.

****

The next morning Davey awoke to around six mares, a small dragon, and a very worried human by his bedside. As Davey awoke he heard the whispering of all the mares in the room, he almost immediatly screamed when he awoke as he still felt a twinge of sudden pain when the small dragon accidentally tapped his casting which was stained a very dark red from the day previous.

"Hey, Davey's waking up!" the human standing at the mad doctors bedside nearly screamed this as he seemed really happy or relieved about this.

"Yeah I ain't dead yet Sean, and I sure as hell wont die anytime soon" Davey said this with a bit of pain which still lingered from the wound inside the cast. One of the mares, a bright purple pony, spoke next "h-hello my name is Twilight Sparkle, and this is my number one assistant, spike, it's a pleasure to meet y-you" she stumbled the words out sounding more nervous than she had intended. She was curious as she refused to stop staring at every detail of the madman. There was an odd silence among the group as none of them knew what to say next. Davey broke the silence "Well it's a pleasure to meet your aquaintance Miss Sparkle" he said this with a warm smile on his face, though in hindsight it probably looked similar to a madmans expression of delight. The group cringed a tiny bit at the sight of Daveys 'failed' attempted at a smile and the lowly assistant couldn't help a light chuckle. The tension seemed to thicken to a point where you could grab a knife and cut a piece out of the air until the white mare spoke next. This pony sounded more formal and elegant, almost stuck up "Hello Darling, it is nice to meet you, I am Rarity". Things seemed a little less tense as next the orange pony spoke with a southern accent to her accent "why howdy Mister Davey, i'm Applejack".

"greetings to you Miss Rarity, Miss Applejack" Davey said this trying to sound proper but even still he sounded disrespectful while speaking. A few minutes of talking had occured as the three new ponies and one 'baby' dragon, as twilight had claimed him to be, attempted to ask him and Sean questions trying to make high or low of everything about the two. It seems after a few questions passed Davey was suprised at the new things he learned, how the thing he fought turned out to be what they called a 'Manticore', and how it seemed to of accidently wandered to Fluttershy's cabin because of a cockatrice scaring it. Davey thought only one simple word to describe his feeling about what had occured 'Dafuq?!'.