• Published 25th May 2012
  • 895 Views, 7 Comments

A Madman's Guide to Friendship - TheArcher20



a Mad genius and his assistant are sent to Equestria, Teen for use of language.

  • ...
1
 7
 895

Chapter 3

Chapter Three; Morning pain

It was still early morning when the Timid and lowly assistant awoke suddenly to a crashing sound in the kitchen. "what in gods name was that?" he muttered in a shocked suprise, still not what you'd call 'awake' yet. Sean wandered, stumbling over many pieces of furniture and random items spread across the floor until he crashed on the floor near enough to hear the conversation.

"I'm sorry Angel, I forgot your favourite food but can't you go one day wi-" there was a short silence by a few small 'thumps' to the ground as Sean tried to get closer.

"Oh.. um, but you can't keep eating the same thing forever Angel." as Sean got closer he peered over the corner to see Fluttershy pretty down and what looked like the disapointed white hare him and the mad doctor 'encountered' before they made it to town. As Sean noticed this the rabbit, Angel saw the lowly assistant and decided to throw his carrot at the man. Before Sean could react he got hit straight in the center of the face, causing him to fall back onto the floor exclaiming "Ouch!". This startled fluttershy as she finally noticed that Sean was there.

"Eep!" Fluttershy was shocked at the assistants sudden appearance in the room. Sean cursed breathlessly at Angel for doing that but decided to not say it out loud.

"So Fluttershy, is everything ok?" asked Sean. At this Fluttershy looked down a little bit hiding her face in her mane as she responded "well, i forgot to get Angel his favorite food at the market, and since he's so picky he refuses to eat just about anything else" Fluttershy sighed after she finished speaking.

"Well, why don't i go with you? you look like you'll need the company"

"o-oh umm.. ok if you don't mind i mean if you'd like," she said "I mean, if it's no trouble to you that is"

"I think it will be a good idea, I and the good doctor will have to make sure everyone knows us after all" after a short time longer of a mix of talking and silence they left for ponyville. Upon arriving Sean had immediately noticed the highly lacking amount of stares as the townsfolk seem to already be getting used to him. Though, now they were curious of him as he obviously noticed it, and overheard a whisper or two confirming this. Ignoring it they continued walking until reaching the town square where all the stalls were up and ready to serve whichever pony came by. They both walked, looking curiously for a stall which had sold the white rabbits favorite food. Since Sean had no idea of what the food in question was he just let Fluttershy look around for the stall in which sold Angel's food was located. After a while they had made there way to a stall which had a yellow pony with an orange mane, and three carrots as a cutie mark.

"hey Fluttershy what brings you back here so soon?"

"Oh-h well hello Carrot Top it seems I may have forgotten to buy Angel's favorite food on my last visit here"

"I figured as much, here it's on the house Fluttershy"

"Oh-h thank you very much for this carrot top I can't thank you enough"

"Anytime Fluttershy, so who's this fellow? Seems like he's one of what the rumors are about" carrot top asked almost directly to the assistant. "well, my name's Sean and it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Top" Sean said this hoping to sound respectful and cheerful attempting to hide the morning grogginess still on him.
"To be honest I hadn't thought rumors about the doc and I would've spread so fast"

"It's a small town Sean, if a rumor is started odds are it'll only take a few hours for the rest of the town to hear about it"
After saying their greetings and farewells Fluttershy and Sean started to make their way back to Fluttershy's Cottage passing idle chit-chat along the way.


****************

Davey awoke in a rather distasteful mood because of the white hare's ruckus earlier with Sean.
"Just a perfect goddamn mornin' in my book" he said this as he sat up trying to take in his surroundings to help him attain a more alert morning to avoid a repeat of Sean and Angels meeting. But this fared a less than favorable meeting only seconds after as the mad doctor did not notice the upset rabbit entering the room carrot in paw, ready. Before the mad doctor could react to Angel he had already cocked his tiny paw back and threw the carrot landing a good blow straight to the center of Davey's face. "Dammit, I'm gonna make rabbit stew outta you if you try that again furball!" at this Angel looked a bit frightened but still heavily annoyed at the earlier happenings of the morning. At this Davey attempted to ignore the white fuzzball of great annoyance, but sadly, this ended with yet another good shot at his face leaving a bruise this time. At this Davey got mad and exclaimed "I'm gonna turn you into my breakfast you damn white demon!". Angel, still disappointed, upset, and hungry decided to make a game out of this and let Davey chase him around and causing him indirect pain. At this Davey decided to give up after many, many minutes of running around bumping into things needlessly making a mess of Fluttershy's Cottage.

"Damn, how can a slightly insane, mad genius get peace in a place like this?" he asked this questioningly. He started attempting to clean up the place in hopes of reasons he stopped caring to think of. By the time he finished and sat down Fluttershy and Sean came into the Cottage right as Angel decided to take another swing at angering Davey to pass the time while waiting for his food.

"Angel!" Fluttershy snapped a little still in a quiet-motherly tone. Just as well, she gave the white hare a look that could kill the devil where he just sat there looking guilty now. He stopped looking impatient and seemed almost like a completely different creature and it shocked both Davey and Sean at this sudden development, nearly wetting themselves as well in the process of watching what it was happening. Angel left the room to wait for Fluttershy to kindly get his food ready after whispering something in his ear which neither of the other two could hear. Fluttershy turned to the mad doctor and his lowly assistant and asked, "so would you like anything to eat? I mean, if your hungry that is"

"Yes, thank you Fluttershy" Said the Doctor, trying to be as polite and professional after the 'annoying' previous dealing was now over and done with.

Authors note: well after about 5 or so days of procrastinating i finally finished this chapter so tell me what you think? as always constructive criticism is wanted. EDIT: the proofreaders have now looked it over and had me edit most areas they thought most needed it.

Side Note: Finals this week are going to take up most of my time so expect a late chapter for now. wish me luck :)