• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 1,635 Views, 21 Comments

KOA: A Pony's Fate - The Joeker



The Fateless One finds himself thrown into Equestria, along with Gravehal Keep but not the residents! what happened? the Fateless One intends to find out, but he may have to deal with some villains first, unfortunately ponies don't like violence...

  • ...
11
 21
 1,635

Why!? because f*** you, thats why!

Castellan Frederick stood panting after the battle, the Niskaru had attacked Canterlot, what this meant for the future, was uncertain.

"Is he...?" asked Luna.

"The mage? dead, yes." he confirmed, pulling together after his first true battle in years.

"It has been so long since Equestria has seen death..." said Celestia.

"Death has come to Equestria it seems." said Corvus, putting his staff in his inventory and got his Primal Greatsword out and his Primal Longsword and equipping Eagonn's armor without the helmet.

"So, to be a Warsworn, I need to kill Niskaru?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yes, remember, they will not show you mercy, so you show them none in return, the first time I encountered them, they killed my fellow Hirelings and then my mentor, and he was one of the best, any of us can slip up at any time, and that was a man willing to kill Niskaru." explained Corvus.

"So, what rank are you?" asked Rainbow.

"Castellan, Truesworn, Amaldor of War, take your pick, it takes a lot to become a Firstsworn, but due to certain... circumstances to do with the Niskaru, I shot up the ranks, eventually owning my own Keep, Gravehal." Corvus told them.

"And me?" she asked.

"You're a Hireling, prove your worth and I'll consider making you a Pledgeshield, a few years under your belt, you'll become an Oathblade, impress me enough and maybe, although it is rare you could become a Truesworn, one rank under Castellan." I explained, all the guards, Rainbow, Twilight and Princesses were listening intently.

"So, how did you defeat them before?" asked Celestia.

"Well, we had good leaders... sort of, Tine Delfric is our leader, the Ancient of War, Castellan of Shieldring Keep, then Grian Shane, who was sort of good, he was more interested in his armor polish than Artifacts or any important history, he was Castellan of Helmguard, then there was Oda Celfred, historian and Castellan of Ironfast Keep, and then Sverri Kura, Amaldor of our forces in Mel Senshir, in the army, across the sea, then me, Castellan of Gravehal Keep, Warrior expert and Liegelord of a town." he explained.

"So, I need good leadership skills?" asked Rainbow.

"One of the many talents needed, yes." as he said that, Rainbow flew to the troops and started tactical planning.

"In a practical sense how?" asked Luna, ever the pragmatic.

"We cut the head off the snake, killed the one summoning them, Anru Besin, an ex-General who believed the army could use Niskaru to help in the war, he was laughed off and cast out, but the one he was serving is far more deadly, a Niskaru Lord named Khamazandu, he is the God of Chaos, and is imprisoned in a mountain in my world, he is mostly harmless there but speaks to people, promising power and all sorts, and twisting people to attempt to free him. But if I was teleported here, it is possible that upon discovering my teleportation runes the cultists followed suit, if they teleport Khamazandu out of his prison and into Equestria... the Chaos would be horrendous, he would be unstoppable, and the Warsworn will have failed." asserted Corvus.

"I see, so you need my best soldiers?" asked Celestia.

"I need those whom I and you can trust, not just any soldiers." he explained.

"I will hold a tourney, so all soldiers have a chance to impress you." smiled Celestia.

"Very well would you mind if Castro and I stay here for a few days? we need the rest." asked Corvus.

"Of course not, you can stay." said Celestia.

"Twilight, could you and your friends see to my Keep for now please? just check on it, tell the guards if they don't let you in, 'What happened in Alabastra was... ungodly' " said Corvus.

"Sure." smiled Twilight.

"Thank you Twilight." lauded Corvus.

"It's no trouble." she smiled, she bowed to the Princesses, as she turned to leave, Celestia gestured her back.

"How much do you trust him?" asked Celestia.

"With my life." she smiled, she still owed Corvus for her life, thank the sun he didn't save Spike or he'd never hear the end of it...

"Very well, before you leave, we should show our guests our 'Harmony' hm?" asked Celestia.

"Sister! are you sure it is wise...?" asked Luna carefully.

"If her majesty Luna does not trust me, I will not interfere, I would be adverse to create a rift between you." said Corvus.

"No it is fine, it is not like you can do anything anyway." smiled Luna.

"I feel as though there is a backhanded- sorry, hooved comment there." said Corvus as they started walking.

"I meant no such thing!" exclaimed Luna.

"Calm down Luna, he was joking with you." chuckled Celestia.

"Joking... what is this joking you refer to?" asked Luna.

So, to quickly conclude our walk before it begins, Corvus spent the 10 minute walk telling Luna the fundamental of a joke, and joking and everything related, while Twilight and Celestia listened intently, holding back snickers.

They entered a grand hallway, with a single door at the end.

They got to it and Corvus stood unimpressed.

"This is the latest in our security." said Celestia.

"I can spot at least five flaws, but I'll stick with one... one lock... really?" asked Corvus.

"Only, I, my sister or Twilight can open it!" exclaimed Celestia.

"Hmm... let me see..." he said and got a Prismere lockpick out and easily picked the lock, seeing as how Prismere absorbs magic, it registered the pick as a horn, and because Corvus had been walking with the Princesses, it had picked up their magic.

All three mares were almost aghast.

"You certainly are resourceful..." said Twilight.

"You are a Human of many talents..." said Luna.

"You always seem to surprise us..." concluded Celestia.

Corvus, unlike himself, blushed at their compliments.

"And that is not a backhooved comment." said Luna and we all laughed.

Celestia levitated a box from the dark room that was on the other side of the door.

"These, Castellan Corvus Frederick, are the the Elements of Harmony." said Celestia and presented him with 6 pieces of jewellery, to the untrained eye, mere necklaces and a crown, to Corvus, he saw the pureness in them, the magic, the power, the raw potential, and it scared him to see they can both be corrupted and used for good... if he looked hard enough into them, he could see what Fate had planned for them, in the past.

"They are beautiful... and deadly... enchanted, but not just any enchantments, no, these are extremely powerful... I have used more powerful things in the past, and still have some ut for your world, these are powerful..." said Corvus, they seemed to react with Akara's Tears, and a piece of wood Nyralim gave him from his bark, he simply said 'this will be of use to you someday...' damn cryptic bastard tree...

Admittedly, not as cryptic as some Fae or Alyn at times... heck, he was starting to get cryptic in his old age, even though considering his immortal lifespan, he was probably not that old, now he was young again by a good few decades, time to live it up a little...