• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 1,635 Views, 21 Comments

KOA: A Pony's Fate - The Joeker



The Fateless One finds himself thrown into Equestria, along with Gravehal Keep but not the residents! what happened? the Fateless One intends to find out, but he may have to deal with some villains first, unfortunately ponies don't like violence...

  • ...
11
 21
 1,635

Freedom itself seldom comes for free.

As I approached the group of Sentinels surrounding the 5 mares and dragon I pushed them aside and turned to face them.

"I told you to be wary of intruders! not to scare them half to death!" I gestured behind me at the mares, one of which was shaking and hiding behind her friends.

"Sir-" started one.

"Dismissed, go about your duties."

"You heard him men! back to work!"

I crouched down to their level and made eye contact with the yellow mare.

"It's ok, they won't bother you anymore." I smiled and stood back up as she stood up with her friends.

"Where is Twilight and what have you done with her?!" asked a rainbow maned pony, obviously the protective one of the group.

"She is in the Keep, getting her magic, and she is fine, I assure you." I said in the most soothing voice I could manage.

"How do we know that?" asked the orange pony, another protective one.

"Because I'm right here." came a voice from behind, and Twilight was standing there.

"Twilight! you're ok!" exclaimed Spike.

"Of course I am, in fact Castellan Corvus Frederick here saved me." she said.

"Please, if we're talking titles, it's Castellan, if it's names, call me Corvus." I said.

"Thank you for your hospitality Mr. Corvus, but we must be going." smiled Twilight but when they turned to leave two guards moved spears in their way.

"Alas, I cannot let you go without an escort, those creatures that attacked you are still out there Miss Sparkle." I said with an ominous voice and gestured to the gate.

"You were attacked?" asked Rainbow.

"Yes, and Castellan saved me and healed me, but what are those things?" asked Twilight.

"Come, and I will show you." I said and led them into the library.

After exchanging brief introductions I showed them a Niskaru picture book.

"These, are Niskaru, an enemy of the Warsworn, of which I am part of, I am the Amaldor of them in this world, the de facto leader, years ago we were formed to fight them, they since went extinct and we became mercenaries, but we chose our contracts to help people rather than rob them, but the Nikaru rose again about 2 years ago, before I beat them back down, to conclude, they are a scourge and must be killed." I said.

"What? surely we can reason with them!" said Fluttershy, I had learned their names a minute ago.

"No, not I've tried but if you try they will simply cut you down, they are ruthless monsters and will wreak havoc on the world, they are very aggressive and kill on sight, it happened to my old mentor, Ost Ordura, he was killed by them, but then again, the fool wasn't looking behind him during battle, ha, a weakness on his part." I chuckled at the memory of how weak I was back then, compared to me now.

"Oh, I'm sorry about your mentor." said Twilight.

"No need to dwell, that was years ago now... but I remember it as if It were yesterday as I stay the same my memories are all I had as I settled into a quiet life, it was the Niskaru stirring that led me to be thrown here in the first place."

"How do we defeat them?" asked Twilight.

"Good old fashioned weaponry, bows, arrows, swords, greatswords, hammers, daggers and magic, but the leaders are different, this particular group is led by Jacken, one the few known Niskaru Lords, how he got here and why he is here is currently a mystery to me, but I intend to find out whilst I am here, luckily my forged weapons are strong enough to take him down, much better than trying to find a weapon of light. Rest in peace General Tilara." I said.

"We need ta tell tha Princesses about this threat" said Applejack.

"If you think it will help, of course tell them, Niskaru tend to follow their lord, so if he decided to head to your capital, well..." I said.

"They are actually coming to visit tomorrow, and so will I, I will warn them about the danger." said Twilight.

"I will post guards on the outskirts of the forest to guide you in, I need to make the forest little more complex and dense to deter the lesser Niskaru, tell your Princesses they are welcome in my Keep, under the condition they surrender their magic while they are here, and I will relinquish my weapons as a sign of good faith." I said.

"I will let them know of your conditions Mr. Corvus." smiled Twilight.

"Excellent, I will be expecting them tomorrow, handy I should imagine."

"Anyway, we should really get going." said Twilight.

"Hold on, Castro!" I called my loyal friend who luckily teleported here with the Keep, he is a Crowned Eagle and a trained messenger bird, and a formidable foe in combat.

"What is that?!" asked Rainbow Dash.

"It is so majestic, yet terrifying." said Rarity.

"It's a bird silly!" replied Pinkie to Rainbow.

"Thats one o' the biggest birds ah ever seen." said AJ.

"Wow, even Owlicious can't hold a talon to that!" exclaimed Twilight.

"I think he's wonderful." said Fluttershy, Castro flew over to her and perched on her back for a second, he looked quite happy.

"Yes, he is wonderful isn't he? this is Castro, my Crowned Eagle, make no mistake, he may look harmless now, but... he is a very deadly bird of prey, he can kill a monkey with a squeeze of a talon and has even took down a bargest in one swoop at one point, the equivalent to a barghast here would be a timber wolf." I said as he perched on my arm.

"Wow..." said Twilight.

"Yes, he will accompany you to your rulers, he is 1. my ambassador, and 2. a messenger, this bird also carries magic, and we can use it to communicate short range, tell your leaders to send him ahead of them when they are coming." I said

"Will do, we should be going before it gets dark." said Twilight

"I agree, however I must be insistent on you not going alone, me and two of my men will escort you out of the woods." I said.

Twilight nodded.

"It would be good to have the protection." she smiled.

"Well then, lets go, stick close." I said and exited the library with them, I called my two main guards to our side.

We headed down to the gate and opened it, anxious to see if anything was waiting on the other side...

Author's Note:

suppermug: thanks for the comment!

We're back ponies! with another chapter for you, hope you guys enjoy!