• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 1,635 Views, 21 Comments

KOA: A Pony's Fate - The Joeker



The Fateless One finds himself thrown into Equestria, along with Gravehal Keep but not the residents! what happened? the Fateless One intends to find out, but he may have to deal with some villains first, unfortunately ponies don't like violence...

  • ...
11
 21
 1,635

The body is the soul's prison unless the five senses are open.

As Celestia, Luna, Twilight and her friends approached Tartarus, everypony looked a little apprehensive and Celestia couldn't blame them.

"It won't be long now my little ponies." Celestia said to the 6 mares, Luna and had treked this path before, as did Twilight when she brought Cerberus back here, but she was still a little nervous.

As they approached the gate, the Caretaker opened it up for me.

"Thank you for turning up your highnesses, good evening young ones." he said to the other mares.

All of them, even Pinkie Pie nervously waved hello not doing her usually upbeat greeting.

"My time is up your majesties, would you honor me by inspecting the cells this time every year until you find a new Caretaker?" he asked.

"Of course Great Gate, we would be honored farewell, old friend." she said.

He nodded "Goodbye Celestia, farewell Luna, happy travels, adieu mares" he said, and relinquished the keys to Celestia and walked away, into the dark forests.

"It's such a shame to lose such a good pony." Luna said.

Celestia shook her head "No, not a good pony... a good friend..." she said and allowed a single tear to fall for him.

"Come on little ponies, let us enter." said Luna with a hopeful smile.

-Meanwhile in Tartarus-

As Castellan Corvus Frederick awoke after his little spell mishap, he instantly recognised the bars and atmosphere of a dungeon.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." I mumbled as I got up.

I went over to the gate... iron? rusted iron at that... really? hah! no problem.

I grabbed the bar and yanked to the right, tearing the cell door open, years of training with all type of melee weapons has left me very strong, I can beat a troll down with my bare hands!

Suddenly I was beset upon by a three headed dog, if I can remember my history books on mythology... Cerberenius, or Cerberus, is guardian of the underworld... is this Hell?

But it just stood there, I concentrated my magic to read it's mind and it said:

'You are not a prisoner' over and over again.

Hmm.

Suddenly a voice rang out.

"You, you can get me out... he does not attack you..." I looked and there was a creepy old guy with a nose ring, I myself have two gold earrings but this guy...

"And why would I do that? you have committed a crime." I stated

"As have you, or else you wouldn't be here." he said.

"The dead don't commit crimes." I said and used magic to blast a hole in the wall, I was on the fifth floor, so I jumped down and landed in a roll.

I took off in a sprint toward the forest as... alarms blared? I never knew this place had alarms...

I looked back and didn't see anything, luckily, no one was following me.

I got within the treeline and bolted away even faster, I mean, I had no idea where I was so I wasn't going to stick around, one things for sure, I'm not in Amalur anymore.

I took cover behind a particularly large tree and looked back, there was no one following me.

Why was I in prison anyway? I just teleported there! and the gates weren't that strong, I'm pretty sure the average person, with a little struggle could pry them open no problems, so why couldn't, or don't, the inhabitants just break the doors open?

I mean, it would be easy, except for the likes of that old guy who probably couldn't lift a rock.

I kept running further into the forest, hoping to come out the other side... and then...

I have no idea what to do next... I mean, I had no clue where I was and what awaited me, for all I know trolls could rule this land!

Except I can kill trolls, if I can take down a Prismere troll I can take down any troll, as well as root golems, man I hate those things.

As I burst forth from the forest I noticed I was actually in a clearing, not clear from the forest at all.

I put the Captain's armor set on so I could sneak around easier.

As I was preparing to make camp I heard:

"Ah, Ahuizotl it certainly has been awhile."

I quickly dived behind some bushes, earning a somehow quiet 'ouch!' from its current inhabitant.

"What's the deal pal?" she whispered harshly.

"Sorry." I said simply and crouched down, getting my Dverga Blades ready at my side.

"Wait, are you one of Ahuizotl's minions?" she asked, I could see her put up her dukes from my peripheral vision.

"Listen lady, I ain't anyone's minion, Belen knows I've had to deal with plenty of them myself." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Anyone? don't you mean anypony?" she asked.

"Any what?" I asked, when I turned to look at her, and her at me, we both almost screamed.

"What in Celestia's mane are you?" asked this Equine I was face to muzzle with, we were both still managing to be quiet somehow.

"A Varani male, or human if you want to be more collective, and you?" she asked in turn, even though I already knew.

"a Pegasus mare, or pony if you want to be more collective." she replied.

"Castellan Corvus Frederick, you can call me Frederick." I said and stuck my hand out, she seemed to get the gesture and we shook hands/hooves.

"Daring, Daring Do." she said and we turned to watch event unfurl from our hidey place.

-Meanwhile, outside of Tartarus-

"Cerberus! what happened?!" asked Celestia and read his mind.

"No pony has escaped, it was just a non-prisoner and he blasted a hole in the wall, which is now fixed." he thought.

"A non-prisoner? who would want to be in Tartarus?" she asked.

"He was locked in a cell, but not tagged as a prisoner." thought the guardian.

"Well, he must have been a prisoner we forgot to mark!" exclaimed Luna.

"Yes, we must find him, or who knows what havoc he'll cause." said Cadence.

"You hear that girls? keep an eye out for the prisoner!" said Twilight, which got a positive reaction from the girls, Celestia was worried for her student however the prisoners in Tartarus were very dangerous, she would warn her student later.

Author's Note:

I have updated this chapter, this story will take place BEFORE the Canterlot wedding now.