• Published 24th May 2012
  • 2,283 Views, 73 Comments

Derp on Over the Rainbow - Death_Brony



Derpy has always loved Rainbow Dash... But does the mare with the rainbow mane share that love?

  • ...
4
 73
 2,283

II. That's Just the way Love is

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey Amico. Sorry if I haven't written to you as much as I said I would. I've just been a bit busy with work and stuff. It's almost midnight right now and Dinky is over at her friend Twist's house. I like Twist. She's a good friend to my little muffin, and a good influence. Unlike those three fillies that call themselves the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders'. I mean, they're good fillies and all, it's just that I don't want Dinky joining in on their crazy antics.

Anyways, this week was rather dull. I didn't get to see Rainbow Dash at all because she had to go help with the weather in Phillydelphia, and I couldn't see her in between deliveries. I sound rather obsessive, don't I? I really don't mean to be. That happens a lot in love, doesn't it? One pony loves another and can't ever think about anything else, while the other is completely in the dark.

Hmm... I don't think I mentioned that the last time I wrote to you. Hold on, let me check. Nope, I sure didn't. Well then, this is awkward... Okay, so yes, I'm madly in love with Rainbow Dash. It must be weird for me to just say that outright. Especially after all that I wrote last time.

Oh, I know! I could tell you about the time I fell for Rainbow. It's actually quite an interesting story. It is in my opinion, anyways. Let me go get a muffin before I start writing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, this is the story of how I fell in love with the stunning Rainbow Dash. (That sounds silly.)

It was three years ago on a cloudy September morning. Dinky was only five, so I had to get her a foalsitter while I went to work, and Lyra, her usual foalsitter, was sick. So, I decided to call up my friend Roseluck. Thankfully, she was off work that day.

I'm pretty sure that's not important, but I felt like writing it in here anyways.

After Roseluck arrived, I hurriedly flew to work. I knew I was already late. My boss was furious at me that day. He kept telling me about how I was always getting to work late and how many accidents I had caused over the year that I had been there. I tried telling him that it wasn't my fault, but he wouldn't listen to me.

After he gave me a huge lecture, he just sent me home for the day. Most ponies would have been ecstatic. I'm not most ponies, though. I begged and pleaded for him to let me work. I needed that job... But again, he refused and sent me home. I was just lucky that he wasn't firing me.

Instead of going home, I went to find a lone cloud to sit and think on. I'm not sure how long I sat there. Not too long, I'm sure. I'm also not sure when Rainbow Dash got there, but when I next looked up, she was there.

Now, before I tell you this next part, I have to explain something to you. Me and Rainbow had become the best of friends in our eighteen years of friendship. We had created a new kind of trust. Neither of us kept secrets from one another. I knew everything about her, and she knew everything about me. We were more than friends, now that I think about it.

When I looked up, Rainbow must have seen the hurt in my eyes, because she immediately hugged me and kissed me on the cheek in a friendly manner.

"Hey Ditzy," she said. Keep in mind that this was before I got my nickname, 'Derpy'. "Something bothering you?"

"Yea," I said, returning the embrace. "Crafty got onto me for being late for work... again." I sighed, breaking the hug. "Then he told me to take the day off. He didn't fire me, though," I added when Rainbow Dash looked at me with a concerned expression. "I just... don't know anymore, Dash. I'm really thinking about quitting. Crafty always tells me how bad I'm doing... The whole company would be better off without me..."

I had let my head hang about halfway into my little speech. Rainbow put a hoof on my chin and pulled my head back up. She had a sincere smile on her face. "Don't say that, Ditzy. You know you should never quit, ever, no matter what! Come on, that's like your motto. You can't just quit your job because of something your boss said. Don't let him get to you. And you know what? That company would be worse off without you. Ya know why? Because you have character. I've been to your office. I've seen the boring ponies that work there. Without you, they wouldn't know how to live. Sure, they make fun of you. Sure, none of them really respect you. But you wanna know why? Because they wish they were as cool as you."

I'll never forget what she did for me that day. Sure, it wasn't the nicest thing ever, but it got me a raise and more respect from Crafty. After I had went home, she went to Cloudsdale Mail and Freight and had a long talk with my boss. I don't know what exactly they talked about, but I do know it scared the buck out of Crafty.

That night, I sat in bed and thought about what Rainbow had said, and what she had done for me. I didn't just fall in love with her right then, of course, but my feelings for her did grow. My love for her became stronger and stronger with each passing day.

And that's the story of how I, Ditzy Doo, fell in love with the amazing Rainbow Dash.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, I guess that's all I have for you tonight, Amico. It's nearly three in the morning, so I should get some sleep. Goodnight. Is it weird saying goodnight to a journal? I don't know. Well, what's written can't be unwritten.

Your dear friend,

Ditzy 'Derpy' Doo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I can't sleep... It's almost five in the morning... I don't know why, but I just can't sleep when Dinky is gone. It makes the house feel so empty, and I feel so alone. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to go find my sleeping pills. Talk to you later, Amico.

Your dear friend,

Ditzy 'Derpy' Doo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~